Rumour: Sony prepping PlayStation Plus revamp with top tier free games, expansion to Vita

HeySumbode

Now saw this, thought i'd post it here...

Sony is readying a revamp of PlayStation Plus to be revealed during its E3 press conference, Eurogamer understands.

Multiple sources have indicated that part of Sony's E3 press conference, set for Monday 4th June, will be devoted to running through the revamp, which is designed to help convince more people to sign up to the premium subscription service.

One of the ways Sony will do this is by giving subscribers top tier games for free, and implementing proper integration with PS Vita.

Plus on Vita will offer Vita exclusive titles and DLC and cloud services that mean you won't have to connect the handheld to a PlayStation 3 or a PC to back up saves and other content.

While a Sony Computer Entertainment Europe spokesperson declined to comment on our report, PlayStation Plus content manager Ross McGrath expressed his enthusiasm for the service on his Twitter page.

The revamp of PlayStation Plus marks the beginning of a wider effort to improve the PlayStation Network across multiple devices over the coming year, and, we've heard, may include a new, redesigned PlayStation Store that also facilitates purchases from a proper PC web store similar to Xbox Marketplace.

Source: Eurogamer.net

didn't anybody else get the survey about 2 months back.?

Yup. Well it was a PS Vita survey not a PS+ survey if that's the one you're referring to. I believe I even said something about wanting better PS+ support for Vita in one of the comment boxes. And I know I said something about wanting over-the-air backups to my PS3.

So I guess y'all can thank me for those features if they do in fact get announced at E3 :)

Yup. Well it was a PS Vita survey not a PS+ survey if that's the one you're referring to. I believe I even said something about wanting better PS+ support for Vita in one of the comment boxes. And I know I said something about wanting over-the-air backups to my PS3.

So I guess y'all can thank me for those features if they do in fact get announced at E3 :)

not vita, ps+ survey. took about 15-20 min to complete. it asked alot of questions about how much U would be willing to pay and for what services was worth what amount. what kind of game you would rather see with the plus subscription. how often they should give free games. what kind of games, A class B class or C class games. and it went on and on. well, I'm sure more got the survey. if they filled it out, that's another question. :hmm::facepalm:

My subscription timed out a few months ago. I like + and think it's great for people who download a lot of games because of the discounts and some of the free stuff they give out is neat. I'll renew it after my vacation. It'd be pointless to renew it now and have a month of + wasted because I'll be overseas.