What Gaming TV Do You Use?

GJ4E-

I'm currently looking for a TV to use for the PS4 I am about to buy. The TV I am currently using for my PS3 is a 35 inch that only runs at 480p. I want something that shows the potential of the PS4, maybe like a 40 inch at 1080p.

What do you guys use? Hows the input lag? How much did you get it for?

Maybe your guys's setup would give me ideas for what brand to invest in. 

Do people really buy specific TV's for gaming? (Serious question btw)

Yes.

Why would you buy a next generation console and plug it into a TV with shit Colors/Contrast/Refresh Rate?

Its like plugging a 2000$ guitar into a shitty 50$ Amplifier.

My usual stupidity aside,  its a serious matter when it comes to games that require fast reactions like shooters, fighters and if you're on PC Real Time Strategy games. The competitive gaming scene is highly selective over the hardware they use.

I use a Samsung T24C550 TV/Monitor I got as a gift a few years back I've no complaints, but if I had the money to burn I'd invest in something more high end.

Edited by Ramonachan
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Panasonic Viera 50" plasma in the bedroom for my PS3 and a Samsung 55" LED HDTV for my PS4 in the living room. I got both on 2 different Black Fridays for $600 and $780, respectively. I'm definitely happy with them and I feel like I got really good deals without having to camp out in line since I bought them both off of Amazon. 

Edited by PLamb858

I use a Panasonic Viera 32", 1080P, as far as I know there is no lag and I mainly play FFXIV (where response etc is extremely important given that it's an MMO).

And yes, it's important what brand and what type of TV you use for gaming with.  Gaming monitors that are designed for PCs more than consoles are even better if you can find a way for it to work for your PS3/4.  Although they can be much more expensive than a TV and can't be used for multi-purpose like you can with a TV so it depends what you are after otherwise than just gaming.

I can't even imagine playing on a 480P anymore since I used to round the PS3 launch time and some of the actual HUD was cut off on me.  I would have been playing SoulCalibur IV or something and not been able to seen the whole health bar.. so yea, type of TV is extremely important based off that, the fact the OP stayed with a 480P so long is surprising.

I recommend either Panasonic/Sony/ASUS, they have always been the brands that I first consider, but they are a bit more expensive than the brands people have been recommending, so it depends what you are after honestly.

Edited by DEMON

I have tried 2 different LG TVs a 32 and 36.  Both are not great.  The 32 that I use at minute shows colour much better than the 36 and has about 3m/s better refresh rate.  The problem with the 32 is that its shit at blacks.  Every dark game has to be played at its brightest setting otherwise you may as well not bother.  And racing games with night races are an absolute nightmare.  My next purchase will be a Sony or possibly a Samsung TV.

My brother has a 40 inch LG - a year or so younger than the 32 I use.  Its a bit better but nothing to write home about either.

Edited by Nasty_Rory