Mirror's Edge: Catalyst collector's edition revealed

Today, EA pulled back the curtain on the Mirror's Edge: Catalyst Collector's Edition:

featuredImage.img.jpg

Mirror's Edge: Catalyst Collector's Edition

This collector's edition includes:

• Adult Faith/Young Faith diorama
  • Exclusive Steel book
  • Exclusive lithograph
  • Set of 10 concept pieces
  • Temporary logo tattoo
  • Temporary Faith arm tattoo
  • Storage box

It's currently available to preorder at GameStop in North America. Other retailers worldwide will follow. However, the retail price in the US is $199.99! :o What the fuck, EA?!

Edited by ShadowStar83x
  • Like 2

EA CEO: "Guys, guys, we need to boost up the price a bit more, what can we put in it?"

EA Assistant: "Uhhhh tattoos and make sure one looks like a Mirror's Edge condom...?"

EA CEO: "BRILLIANT!"

Edited by Death_Ninja

Ubisoft CEO: "Guys, guys, we need to boost up the price a bit more, what can we put in it?"

Ubi Assistant: "Uhhhh tattoos and make sure one looks like a Mirror's Edge condom...?"

Ubisoft CEO: "BRILLIANT!"

Why are Ubisoft personnel having meetings about collector's editions for EA games?  What looks like a condom?

I like the artistic quality to the statue, makes a nice change from the common action hero pose that is normally front and centre, it looks more like it would have a place outside of the gamestation and would fit in quite well amongst the general living area items.

Temporary tattoos and stickers have always struck me as an odd thing in a collector's edition.  Ostensibly you are a collector if you buying such an edition, and actually using these items are the antithesis of a collector.

So something designed as a temporary thing is made knowing it will never fulfil its purpose.  That is the pinnacle of western development for us.

Maybe this is deliberate as a commentary on the fascism Faith faces in the game?

Edited by LastPisTolman

Why are Ubisoft personnel having meetings about collector's editions for EA games?  What looks like a condom?

I like the artistic quality to the statue, makes a nice change from the common action hero pose that is normally front and centre, it looks more like it would have a place outside of the gamestation and would fit in quite well amongst the general living area items.

Temporary tattoos and stickers have always struck me as an odd thing in a collector's edition.  Ostensibly you are a collector if you buying such an edition, and actually using these items are the antithesis of a collector.

So something designed as a temporary thing is made knowing it will never fulfil its purpose.  That is the pinnacle of western development for us.

Maybe this is deliberate as a commentary on the fascism Faith faces in the game?

Whoops I meant EA :lol:  They kinda just blend together for me lol

Man as a person who loves collectibles and video games they are starting to get a little crazy.  $200 bucks on a normal salary person like mes income is just a little to steep, especially considering the box and statue are all I really want.  I think that I will be skipping this one.

This is a beautiful piece any collector or fan of the original game would want. I certainly want it. However, this is beyond overpriced. It's off the deep end. Look at The Order: 1886. That collector's edition, that came with steelbook and statue cost $80. Okay. This has a really nice box, yes, and a very nice statue. Steelbook. Similar contents all around. And it costs $200. You know what else costs $200? The Juggernog edition for Black Ops 3. That comes with a mini fridge. A mini fridge. That is well worth it. But this, no. Because of the nicer seeming quality, I could understand a $100 or even a $120 pricetag and I'd have mine pre-ordered... but at this price? There's no way. It's just not a collector's edition that is worth $200. Or in other words, it's not a figure and box I can see spending $140 extra on. 

• 7 months later...

I've been a fan of Mirror's Edge in general since ever I played the first one all the way back in 2008, now I've been waiting 8 damn straight years. Finally we get Mirror's Edge Catalyst the next chapter, and look what do I have to see now we got a collector's edition? Wow increadible. I love this Steelbook looks very nice. Its wroth it but the price is kinda to much tho, anyway thx for this information ShadowStar83x! 

Edited by BeyondofRain