Can I buy this game today?

MisteriosoX

I´m very interested in purchasing this game but it doesn't appear in the store to buy. I think they took it off when closed SOE (Sony Online Entertainment) but I don't know if you can still buy in any way.

This is the game: https://store.playstation.com/#!/es-es/juego/plants-vs-zombies/cid=EP0017-PCSF00105_00-PLANTSVSZOMBIES0

Tanks.

Edited by MisteriosoX

How strange, it isn't available on the UK store either. It has a listing, just like on the Spanish store, but no buttons. 

Maybe EA and SOE couldn't agree on how to publish the game after SOE was sold.

A shame. It's one of my favourite "pick up and play" games.

Edited by StrickenBiged

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

For those of you who would like to buy it on Vita - GameStop.com still has some redeem codes for sale and I bought one about a month ago and it worked fine. The only nuance - it's for US store only, not sure if codes for other regions can still be found/bought anywhere.

Edited by scFlinT-us

For those of you who would like to buy it on Vita - GameStop.com still has some redeem codes for sale and I bought one about a month ago and it worked fine. The only nuance - it's for US store only, not sure if codes for other regions can still be found/bought anywhere.

I actually just tried to purchase this game from the online store. It said there was an error.. not sure if that's on GameStop's part or mine. I do work at GameStop and I can see if there's even a digital option to purchase it on the POS itself.

DuckSwimmer, well, if you are working at GameStop it should be easier for you to find out if it still can be purchased or not. I think others, who would like to buy it, would be very grateful to you :) At least I was lucky enough to buy it 1 month ago. Not sure if it matters, but I was using a GameStop gift card (purchased on Amazon), as I'm not a US resident and could not pay with my credit card.

Forgot to reply yesterday. It's still up on the POS as 14.99. They would've taken it down if the POS doesn't print out any codes. It should still be up for purchase, maybe the site was screwy.. I'll try purchasing it now from the online store cause I don't have the card I want to use to purchase it.

DuckSwimmer, when I was buying it they sent the code like in 1 min after the payment. I have also bought another code for RE 5 DLC from them recently and received it almost instantly. So, probably, it was just your bad luck (or my good luck :) ).

Anyway glad that it worked for you, as after your 1st reply it seemed like I was trying to mislead everybody :)

Edited by scFlinT-us

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

do you know if you can buy it online?

• 5 weeks later...

That's a shame, this was a great version [my personal favorite, even though survival had framerate problems].

And I got the awful lucky spin trophy before it was patched to be easier. Used to need 3 diamonds. Awful. Took ages. I was glad when they patched it to be easier, even though I already did it.

Edited by Elvick_

• 4 weeks later...

do you know if you can buy it online?

Sorry for the late response, but buying it online is actually the only option. You just need to go to GameStop site and pray that they still have some redeem codes for this game in stock.

Upd: oh, wait. If you live in States you can probably go to the nearest GameStop shop where they, I assume, can print the code for you (if it's available of course). So in States you have two options to buy it: online and offline. If you are from other country "online" is the only option. And keep in mind that they accept only local credit cards (at least it was the case about 6 months ago when I was buying it). I had to buy a GameStop gift card on Amazon for that (which luckily accepts credit cards from all over the world).

Edited by scFlinT-us

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 29/06/2017 at 7:03 PM, Super-Drak said:

Just realised today that the game is not on the ps store... :( was really looking foreword to playing it. So does the gamestop digital code only work for the us ps store? My account is on the french ps store... 

It is only available to buy as a download code and that will only work on NA accounts, us with EU accounts are out of luck with the Vita version. :(

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys, I just found a way to get it, but it's a bit situational. I downloaded the game in the pass by using Ps Plus, so I used the method provided in the link bellow to re-download it, even though it's still no longer purchasable on psn..

At first I didn't find the game anywhere, and was sure that I bought it in the pass, but then I noticed my ps plus had run out, so I renewed it and the game showed up!

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/get-help/help-library/games/installing--downloading---updating/how-to-download-all-systems-and-sony-devices/

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

If anyone knows of a way to digitally buy this game then please let me know. I didn't have PlayStation Plus until 2012, so I missed getting this as a free title back when it was on offer through the program and I didn't buy it while it was available.

To the best of my knowledge, the retail Popcap compilation disc is the only way to get this game :(.

• Like 1