Stuck on a game, will this work?

Hocking_1988

Hey so a bit of a random question but I thought I would ask. I am stuck on a game and my mate has offered to help me get past it as it is frustrating the hell out of me.

To do this I see two options, take my PS4 into work and he have it and use my console to get past it, or alternatively I thought maybe if he has the disk and I gave him my PSN log in details would he be able to log in as me on his own PS4 and do it for me that way? Would that work or is it not allowed?

Just wasn't sure.

Well the right way is to get better at the game and earn the trophy yourself. But seeing as that isn't going to happen, no. Giving him your disc doesn't do anything. This isn't back in the day when stuff was saved on cartridges. If he pops the disc into his PS4 then he starts at the beginning of the game. If you want to give him your psn info (which is stupid to do because then this guy has access to all of your information and can purchase stuff without asking) then he would still have to start again from the beginning.

Why don't you just have him come over to your house and beat the part for you instead of dragging your ps4 all over the place and giving away your personal information? I mean if this guy isn't a good enough friend to invite over for an afternoon, I certainly wouldn't be giving him anything.

Ok cool thanks for your answer, its not a question of him not being a good enough friend. It's just with busy work schedules and families etc finding time to have an afternoon to game is hard to find. Just figured him doing it for him one evening would be a better option. If I trusted him 100% would him signing in as me work? Would he have access to my saves if they are in the cloud? Also would trophies unlock if they are gained?

Ok cool thanks for your answer, its not a question of him not being a good enough friend. It's just with busy work schedules and families etc finding time to have an afternoon to game is hard to find. Just figured him doing it for him one evening would be a better option. If I trusted him 100% would him signing in as me work? Would he have access to my saves if they are in the cloud? Also would trophies unlock if they are gained?

Use shareplay. Invite him to a party chat online and once he joins, select the share play option. Then you will have the prompt to "hand him the controller". Do that and he can play for you remotely for an hour.

Ok that could be a cool option, does share play work with all games or is it restricted? Also if he earns any trophies on share play will they be unlocked? Also final question I know it says for an hour but could I then invite him again or is it limited to one hour per game? Almost like a demo so to speak?

Shareplay's like that time you called your brother in from the other room and gave him the controller so he could get you through the water level. Except now your brother is possibly an online friend you've played with a few times, and the other room is probably the other side of the country.

• Like 1

Ok that could be a cool option, does share play work with all games or is it restricted? Also if he earns any trophies on share play will they be unlocked? Also final question I know it says for an hour but could I then invite him again or is it limited to one hour per game? Almost like a demo so to speak?

You can invite him again immediately after, no problem. It's like you are giving him the controller. Works with all games!

There's always a '' Give up '' option. Sure it may sound unpleasant to some people but hey, we need to learn how to lose as well. That's just life.

I didn't think they made games anymore where you got stuck as in could not proceed to the finish.  I understand and agree with you if it were related to a trophy (not good enough to get it yourself) but if the person paid for a game and could not even finish it on easy, that would be a shame.  A bit off topic, sorry.  Sounds like Hocking is just stuck on a part, not trying to get a trophy, but it isn't entirely clear.

Just curious but which game/part are you stuck on? I'm sure at least one person here has finished whatever it is and could give you advice so you can do it yourself.

Edited by Hemiak

I am not bothered about a specific trophy but it's difficulty related so I wondered if by him playing any of it whether it would nullify the trophy. It is a part on the last of us on grounded difficulty that I am stuck on which he said he would help me get past

It doesn't void anything. It will work flawlessly for what you need provided that you have a good internet connection.

There's always a '' Give up '' option. Sure it may sound unpleasant to some people but hey, we need to learn how to lose as well. That's just life.

Not to drag this further off topic, but I would say a more realistic view on life would be people doing whatever they have to, to get what they want.  Now if he could find a way to take his ideas and make money having other people doing the work for him... he'd be like every other successful, prolific businessman in the world. ;)

Edited by PleaseHoldOn

Shareplay is allowed. But I'd keep working at it so when that trophy pops it will be a sense of achievement and not 'my mate beat it for me' 

But yes, shareplay can be used for this and is not against any rules or whatever.