My PS4 dropped to floor. Have it possibly taken any damage inside it? :(

zafira1290

So, my ps4 today dropped down to laminate floor and it's one sharp angle made small hole to the floor and also that made small damage to one of the angle. Reason this happened is stupid and has almost happened to me on ps3 too but the reason on ps3 was because i raged on one game. But so i was just playing battlefield 4 and i had my ds4 controller charging at the same time and so i guess i was just tired and didn't think about what i was doing because i went to my cabinet with ds4 on my hand and attached to ps4 so that pulled the ps4 out quite hard and it hit the floor with that angle and made small hole to floor. So i'm asking that has this stupid accident caused my ps4 any damage?

Gently shake it. If you don't hear any rattling noise hopefully that means nothing broke loose.

If it sounds ok, plug it all back in and power it up. Check the disc drive, and make sure it reads disc's.

Then check to make sure the XMB and everything else works.

Well... Does it still works? Can you turn it on and play any games without the console freezing/crashing out of nowhere? Does it recognize your HDD and the disc trays sill works?

It's hard to give any assistance since it was a physical damage (that is if anything besides the case have been damaged) and not a random error codes popping in your screen. But try using/playing it like you always did, you will certainly notice something wrong if it caused any damage in the first place.

No way we can tell you over the internet I'm afraid.  only way to tell is use it.

My Wifes PS4 was knocked on the floor through a cat related incident and survived so hope yours is ok as well.

Gently shake it. If you don't hear any rattling noise hopefully that means nothing broke loose.

If it sounds ok, plug it all back in and power it up. Check the disc drive, and make sure it reads disc's.

Then check to make sure the XMB and everything else works.

I also forgot to mention that i accidently ejected disc from the console same time while in the multiplayer game and it went only to xmb menu but nothing else happened. and i have heard really small weird noise from the ps4 when it's plugged in but not on. (You can only hear it if your really close and it's really silent.) After i turned it off and came back and turned it on after some time, it felt like that certain things were slower than usually. Don't know if that's just only psn problems now but the friends icon didn't show number how many friends are online and says that i don't have any psn friends even though when i click the icon it shows the friends online and everything. Battlefield 4 when i tried to go play multiplayer it says that the EA servers not available atm but i could play battlefield hardline still.

Well... Does it still works? Can you turn it on and play any games without the console freezing/crashing out of nowhere? Does it recognize your HDD and the disc trays sill works?

It's hard to give any assistance since it was a physical damage (that is if anything besides the case have been damaged) and not a random error codes popping in your screen. But try using/playing it like you always did, you will certainly notice something wrong if it caused any damage in the first place.

I can play games but couldn't play bf4 it showing that there wasn't the ea servers available atm.

I can play games but couldn't play bf4 it showing that there wasn't the ea servers available atm.

If you're saying you could play games means your PS4 is fine and EA servers being shut has nothing to do with the system itself.

I also forgot to mention that i accidently ejected disc from the console same time while in the multiplayer game and it went only to xmb menu but nothing else happened. and i have heard really small weird noise from the ps4 when it's plugged in but not on. (You can only hear it if your really close and it's really silent.) After i turned it off and came back and turned it on after some time, it felt like that certain things were slower than usually. Don't know if that's just only psn problems now but the friends icon didn't show number how many friends are online and says that i don't have any psn friends even though when i click the icon it shows the friends online and everything. Battlefield 4 when i tried to go play multiplayer it says that the EA servers not available atm but i could play battlefield hardline still.

Just as @drag0n2 said the online part is at EA's fault so it's not really related to your problem.

About the system being slower than normal and the PSN friends bug is pretty much normal and happens to everyone once in a while. If the problem persists you can always rebuild your console's database by booting it in Safe Mode (I would rather do it now anyway since it doesn't take that long and it could actually help you).

Just going to say that it isn't good for your system, and you may have shortened it's lifespan, but you may also have been lucky and no damage done. As long as it plays fine and you don't hear a lot of loud noises I don't think you should worry anything more about it, but learn from it and try not to let that happen again. Best way would be to make sure you aren't in the same situation again.

But does your ps4 keep any small noise while it's off but still plugged?

Your PS4 is still drawing some power while it's off an plugged in. Quiet noises are generally okay.

The only things I would be concerned about is reading discs and the hard drive inside the PS4. Both have fine-tuned motors that can experience issues with falls like that. I don't know of any tests to make sure everything is fine except to play some games.

The slowness you're experiencing may be placebo effect.

Just as @drag0n2 said the online part is at EA's fault so it's not really related to your problem.

About the system being slower than normal and the PSN friends bug is pretty much normal and happens to everyone once in a while. If the problem persists you can always rebuild your console's database by booting it in Safe Mode (I would rather do it now anyway since it doesn't take that long and it could actually help you).

So what that actually does if i rebuild data base, i mean does it delete all games, saved datas from games and all which you can still sure download again. Sorry haven't done this before so don't know...

It's strange how you consult the internet before checking for yourself...

Yeah well i checked many things but after that thought i could ask about it from people here.

It's still keeping that weird noise so what's wrong with it? T_T

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ps4+makes+noise+when+off

After looking up your symptoms, I have deduced you need to turn off USB charging when the unit is off.

Please send my reimbursement check for tech support directly to my PSN account.

I decided to answer your question appropriately I needed to experience this for myself, so I promptly went round to my friends house and threw his ps4 to the ground.

Throwing it once did not seem to create the desired effect so I needed to throw it again. The second time I was able to make a dent in his laminate flooring. Seeing this stage of the experiment was completed. I decided to power on the PS4. There seemed to be no problems and functionality seemed to be normal.

On the other hand my friend said i'm not allowed around again.

So the answer is no it doesn't break your PS4, but it can break friendships. Hope that helps.

xD XD that was fun story! But yeah hopefully there is no problems since i can play games and now when i turned it on it shows my friends and everything works as it usually does. Thanks to everyone anyways and never gonna let that happen again...

• Like 1

I decided to answer your question appropriately I needed to experience this for myself, so I promptly went round to my friends house and threw his ps4 to the ground.

Throwing it once did not seem to create the desired effect so I needed to throw it again. The second time I was able to make a dent in his laminate flooring. Seeing this stage of the experiment was completed. I decided to power on the PS4. There seemed to be no problems and functionality seemed to be normal.

On the other hand my friend said i'm not allowed around again.

So the answer is no it doesn't break your PS4, but it can break friendships. Hope that helps.

Note to self - keep your ps4 away from Buu :P

• Like 4