Anime Shows/Movies and Manga Discussion Thread

Xel

Why the long face?!

It's the proper one :P

Especially GG :P Since Angelica must not be watched in English :P

I mainly watch netflix when I'm gaming. Hard to play an FPS while having to read subtitles. Wouldn't mind the original audio sometimes if it were something that didn't require much attention like a Dynasty Warriors game. Also, I don't mind if things get lost in translation since most times, much like translated manga, things won't always be accurate if you can't understand/read the language. 

I assume this angelica character is a badass in GG?  

Didn't like Haruchika or Prince of Stride. I'm on the fence about Myriad Colors Phantom World. As for why, I've posted them in other places on the internet that I might copy here if ppl care.

HMMM... could understand without saying the reason regards to Haruchika... xD

sooo... yeah... Day 1 of me watching Winter Anime.... sooo far... watched the ff (in order):

Boku dake ga Inai Machi - why not start the season with a Mystery anime ^_^

Assassination Classroom Season 2  - me somehow miss first season's ED song...

Haruchika - on fence atm... I do like Mystery and Musical... put them together... not so sure... plus that twist in the end... 

Dagashi Kashi - me like this one ^_^

how about you guys? first impression on Winter anime?

Boku dake ga inai Machi = Life is strange  :lol:

I haven't watched Dagashi Kashi yet. I'm slacking.

really??? so that is how Life is Strange works... xD

don't worry.. as Satoshi-sama said... subs are somehow slacking this season... xD I am somehow calm about that matter atm... just ask me again tomorrow while I patiently wait for DRRR xD

• Like 1

HMMM... could understand without saying the reason regards to Haruchika... xD

sooo... yeah... Day 1 of me watching Winter Anime.... sooo far... watched the ff (in order):

Boku dake ga Inai Machi - why not start the season with a Mystery anime ^_^

Assassination Classroom Season 2  - me somehow miss first season's ED song...

Haruchika - on fence atm... I do like Mystery and Musical... put them together... not so sure... plus that twist in the end... 

Dagashi Kashi - me like this one ^_^

The winter anime that I'm currently watching, under a spoiler because I tried to keep it short but failed miserably:

Active Raid - this was the first one I watched this season that I didn't completely enjoy. I couldn't get into it at all

Assassination Classroom 2 - I didn't realise how much I missed the first season until I watched the first ep, the OP is awesome! I can't remember what the new ED sounds like but I think I prefer it to the older one

ERASED - Wasn't expecting to enjoy it as much as I did. I'm wondering what'll happen to the girl he works with, it'll be pretty jarring to go from her appearing every 5 minutes to her not appearing at all. Also, totally agree with the Life is Strange comments xD

Divine Gate - I heard that this wasn't great, but I'm enjoying it. I love the art style and I'm curious about how it'll all pan out

GATE part 2 - same old, same old. It didn't feel like we had a 12 week break at all xD also, ugh Pina's brother needs to leave please and possibly take Rory with him

Haruchika - someone at P.A. saw Hibike! Euphonium and immediately went "this needs less slice of life and more DRAMA YOU GUYS. Quickly find something ASAP!". As long as it's not Glasslip I think we're okay though :P

Koukako no Pandora - so I fell asleep halfway through and I don't have the willpower to go back and rewatch it. I'll give it a few more episodes to see if I enjoy it more

Musaigen no Phantom World - Kyoto Animation owns me tbh, I'm a sucker for everything they do. This was pretty funny and Screen Mode doing the OP is A+, I don't think it'll be the most enjoyable thing that I've watched however. Also, someone start a tally for how many boob shots/grabs we get throughout this because going by the first episode it'll happen a lot.

Norn9 - I feel about confused about the story, but it's really pretty to watch. Also, how the hell did she not wreck herself when she hit the side of the terrace they were on?! 

Ojisan to Marshmallow - pretty cute. if it was a full episode of ~24mins I don't think I would enjoy it too much, but it's a nice 5 minute break from everything else I'm watching

Oshiete! Galko-chan - this... is something else. I never needed to hear half the topics they managed to cram into 8 minutes, but now it has ruined me. I am no longer the person I was before watching this.

Prince of Stride - Having spent most of the episode wondering if Kana Hanazawa was in it or if I was hearing things (to clarify: yes, yes she is! you go, Kana Hanazawa), I was wondering how Intense Relay Racing would translate into an anime and being the sports anime scrub I am I really, really enjoyed it.

Sekkou Boys - if this isn't your anime of the year 2016 then you're watching all the wrong shows  :awesome:

Shoujo Tachi wa something something I can't remember - hello, Saenai no Heroine clone, i've been waiting for you. It's okay. out of everything that I've watched this will probably be one of the least memorable shows.

Tabi Machi Late Show - why am I watching this? I dont know, honestly. the first story was cute, who knows if all of them will be enjoyable.

There's one more that I still need to watch (Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu) and I'm still waiting for some to appear (*coughs heavily* Nijiiro Days) but this season is surprisingly good so far ^_^

• Like 1

Sekkou Boys - if this isn't your anime of the year 2016 then you're watching all the wrong shows  :awesome:

HUWHHHHHYYYYYY.... bring back my precious 8 mins of life...

OH... just finish this one's pilot:

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu - wow.. didn't actually felt that it's 40~ mins long... dunno why but I enjoyed watching it...

Edited by JaM
  • Like 1

Norn9 - I feel about confused about the story, but it's really pretty to watch. Also, how the hell did she not wreck herself when she hit the side of the terrace they were on?!

Why are you confused? As a Vita owner, you should own every IF game xD and have plats on all of them, including norn9 and its sidestories.

As for an actual answer, as you might hear from others, they really changed the introduction of the series. They removed the male character that starts the series and instead rush a strange relationship building scene. Since the male character in question appears in the next episode preview, it looks like they'll move back to the actual plot next episode (and hopefully explain things). Admittedly, I found the VN extremely ridiculous in my skim of the game (I couldn't stomach reading this novel for an extended period of time and in the end, all I wanted was the plat.)

Edited by bladesoframen

HUWHHHHHYYYYYY.... bring back my precious 8 mins of life...

OH... just finish this one's pilot:

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu - wow.. didn't actually felt that it's 40~ mins long... dunno why but I enjoyed watching it...

If you mean "bring back my precious 8 minutes of life so I can rewatch the masterpiece that is Sekkou Boys" then I'm sure it can be brought back for you  :awesome:

Also, you've made me a bit more enthusiastic for Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu - I was teetering on the fence about beginning it because I don't know if I'll like it but you've swayed me

Why are you confused? As a Vita owner, you should own every IF game xD and have plats on all of them, including norn9 and its sidestories.

As for an actual answer, as you might hear from others, they really changed the introduction of the series. They removed the male character that starts the series and instead rush a strange relationship building scene. Since the male character in question appears in the next episode preview, it looks like they'll move back to the actual plot next episode (and hopefully explain things). Admittedly, I found the VN extremely ridiculous in my skim of the game (I couldn't stomach reading this novel for an extended period of time and in the end, all I wanted was the plat.)

I'm a failure of a vita owner :P there's so many games for it that I haven't touched haha. As for the show, it's mostly a lot of "how? when? why?" that'll probably be answered as the show goes on so I just need to be patient, but your response has me wondering if I'll even enjoy watching it (although my expectations for it aren't particularly high as of now xD)

Or you could just ask me :awesome:

Note to self: If I have any KanaHana queries, go straight to Satoshi :P

Editing to add this in:

Does anyone know of anything similar to satoshi kon's form of directing in anime? In relation to his match cuts and unique style of scene transitions. He has a very fascinating style i enjoy quite a bit.

I just looked up his work and I haven't watched any of it so I'm pretty useless xD I think your best bet would be to look around places like myanimelist and anime-planet to see if someone's recommended similar anime or started a topic similar to what you're asking ^_^
Edited by kittyxiii

I'm a failure of a vita owner :P there's so many games for it that I haven't touched haha. As for the show, it's mostly a lot of "how? when? why?" that'll probably be answered as the show goes on so I just need to be patient, but your response has me wondering if I'll even enjoy watching it (although my expectations for it aren't particularly high as of now xD)

Not sure if this will help you enjoy the anime a bit more, but here are some of the answers to your questions that the prologue reveals.

When does the story take place? A time period that looks like Japan's Taisho era, right before they join WW1. I say look like because the mc in the novel,  Sorata, was living in the Heisei era and suddenly transported to a mysterious time period.

Why does the Norn exist? Because "The World" uses it to keep peace

Why are there people with special powers on the Norn and why should they be there? One of the things the Norn is supposed to do is gather the people with special powers and use them to maintain peace around the world.

Who or what is the "The World"? Not revealed in the prologue (but it is asked)

Why is the Norn so technologically advanced? Not revealed in the prologue

Why is Sorata not in the anime yet? I wish I knew

• Like 1

Not sure if this will help you enjoy the anime a bit more, but here are some of the answers to your questions that the prologue reveals.

When does the story take place? A time period that looks like Japan's Taisho era, right before they join WW1. I say look like because the mc in the novel,  Sorata, was living in the Heisei era and suddenly transported to a mysterious time period.

Why does the Norn exist? Because "The World" uses it to keep peace

Why are there people with special powers on the Norn and why should they be there? One of the things the Norn is supposed to do is gather the people with special powers and use them to maintain peace around the world.

Who or what is the "The World"? Not revealed in the prologue (but it is asked)

Why is the Norn so technologically advanced? Not revealed in the prologue

Why is Sorata not in the anime yet? I wish I knew

you're a star, thank you! It's like you read my mind haha. I'm quite excited for the next ep to see if I can put any of this new-found knowledge to good use, and I'll be sure to keep an eye out for Sorata :P 

Divine Gate has an awesome cast, I don't really understand the backlash it's getting. The plot seems interesting.

ShoujoMeza is  :awesome: 

Durarara Ketsu great debut. The new opening is quite catchy.

Koyomimonogatari  More Monogatari? Yes, please.

Dagashi Kashi Very fun and light hearted slice of life anime. Heroine is a perfect 5/7 :wub:   

Boku Dake ga Inai Machi Had IMO the best first episode of the season, it immediately caught my interest.

Better than Fall 2015 that's for sure.

My list for the first week:

- Haruchika: Sweet triangle romcom school life

- Musaigen no Phantom World: Kyoani's fanservice

- Shoujotachi wa Kyoua wo Mezasu: Saekano :P

- Daga Shikaaashi: Baka anime with nice boobs. Best female MC :wub: 

- Boku Dake ga Inai Machi: Serious mystery show with a great opening. Best impression so far.

If you mean "bring back my precious 8 minutes of life so I can rewatch the masterpiece that is Sekkou Boys" then I'm sure it can be brought back for you  :awesome:

Also, you've made me a bit more enthusiastic for Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu - I was teetering on the fence about beginning it because I don't know if I'll like it but you've swayed me

>_< please... no moar... but dunno.. I might still watch future episode of that masterpiece :awesome:

oh.. didn't actually noticed that you are on fence with Showa xD

Also, ShoujoMeza AOTS :P

ShoujoMeza is  :awesome: 

the heck is with these comments... and of course I watched it since I am curious...

soo.. yeah... I think I have wrapped up my anime weekend with the following:

DRRR x2 Ketsu - me at one point:

Nu7otrX.png

Shoujo tachi wa Kouya wo Mezasu - waitwoot.... a shoujo ai moment at first 2 mins? 

Prince of Stride Alternative - so this is like parkour+racing? 

Dimension W - pretty interesting pilot...

oooh.. 3 Ono and 3 HanaKana anime in one day... interesting... xD

Divine Gate has an awesome cast, I don't really understand the backlash it's getting. The plot seems interesting.

would recommend? not really sure what other action anime I should include in my list this season...

Fairy Tail Zero was pretty good.

Kinda odd they just added it as an arc in the main show instead of doing it as a spin off. It felt kind of weird how they implemented it as a flashback. Anyway i really liked what they did with the opening and the transitions, pretty stylish. And Mavis = best loli.

As for other shows this season, i'm really looking forward to watching Durarara!! :D I'll probably watch the first episode this week. I'll also check out Ajin probably because it's horror. As for the rest, i'm not sure yet. I'll probably wait a while to see what the good shows are :awesome:

As for bing-watching... Currently on episode 30 of Monster. It's pretty compelling to say the least. 

Edited by Zone Hunter
  • Like 1

Fairy Tail Zero was pretty good.

Kinda odd they just added it as an arc in the main show instead of doing it as a spin off. It felt kind of weird how they implemented it as a flashback. Anyway i really liked what they did with the opening and the transitions, pretty stylish. And Mavis = best loli.

oooh.. so it has started.. I'd better marathon FT soon then... xD

As for other shows this season, i'm really looking forward to watching Durarara!! :D I'll probably watch the first episode this week. I'll also check out Ajin probably because it's horror. As for the rest, i'm not sure yet. I'll probably wait a while to see what the good shows are :awesome:

I really liked DRRR's pilot this season... making me love Celty more... xD

I am actually in fence about Ajin now...not really digging it's art style.. maybe I would wait for your feedback before watching it :ninja:

I thought that was obvious :awesome:

Also, ShoujoMeza AOTS :P

I had no idea she was even involved in ShoujoMeza until this comment xD looks like I have a reason to get more enthusiastic about the next episode!

>_< please... no moar... but dunno.. I might still watch future episode of that masterpiece :awesome:

oh.. didn't actually noticed that you are on fence with Showa xD

would recommend? not really sure what other action anime I should include in my list this season...

haha good stuff!! :Pto be honest, I have a feeling I'll reach the end of the last episode and I'll somehow like it :facepalm:

And yeah, I wasn't sure about the summary and it's been sitting on my laptop for a few days as I try to work up the urge to watch it since I'm reluctant to watch anything that might go into my dropped list, but it seems to be getting decent reviews so my worries are probably for naught xD

Also, I heard bad things originally about Divine Gate but the first episode was pretty good! As long as it doesn't become a cliché I have hope that it'll be one of the good ones this season. There's another mc-gets-stuck-in-a-'game' anime called Hai to Gensou no Grimgar that could be good if you're looking for more action things but I've yet to watch it so I'm not sure if it's good or not xD it feels like there's not many action anime airing this season :/

There's still a whole chunk of anime that I need to watch from this season, but since the new Haikyuu!! OP and ED released that's been the only thing I care about xD I'll get around to the others soon enough I hope! I'm surprised by how much anime I'm enjoying so far.