Anime Shows/Movies and Manga Discussion Thread

Xel

On 8.11.2018 at 11:06 AM, The Titan said:

yah i did. I even tried multiple different anime sites like gogoanime and anime lab. They don't have it in HD or any episodes at all. Seems strange. Oh well. I could wait for blu ray

try on this site -> https://www.masterani.me/anime/info/3003-senran-kagura-shinovi-master-tokyo-youma-hen (uncensored + full HD). 

• Like 1

Just saw that there's news of the Bleach anime possibly returning next year?

Anyone know more solid info on this?

I'd be interested to see where it goes. Anyone who followed the manga knows what a travesty it was, but what if the anime followed its own storyline on Kubo's approval? Something along the lines of splitting off from the manga and having a better plot done while keeping the core of the manga? (meaning the story) Think along the lines of FMA vs FMA: Brotherhood, not that the original anime was better than the manga story. 

8 minutes ago, Neku-tan said:

Great news for all Madoka fans -> https://myanimelist.net/news/55601257

I'm a bit skeptical, but it's Madoka, so I'll be watching it regardless. I know next to nothing about the story of the game; I would've downloaded it long ago, but my phone doesn't support it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Neku-tan said:

@Cave_Johnson_

Well, I was kinda surprised at first. On the other hand I don't understand why they didn't even think of making (at least) movie adaption of Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica: The Different Story. I read this one and the plot is actually pretty good. 

Oh right, I've been meaning to read the different story. An anime series (or movie) of that makes more sense to me than basing it on a mobile game. The game probably has been much more successful, though.

On 11/22/2018 at 8:09 AM, Neku-tan said:

@Cave_Johnson_

Well, I was kinda surprised at first. On the other hand I don't understand why they didn't even think of making (at least) movie adaption of Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica: The Different Story. I read this one and the plot is actually pretty good. 

I definitely wouldn't mind seeing an adapation of Different Story. Or even Kazumi Magica. 

so I'm a fan of anime but I've realized it's more older stuff I grew up on etc. though I have a lot I like, top 2 with a ton of ones I own.

1: Neon Genesis Evangelion 

2:Code Geass

own/like

Death Note,

GUNDAM Wing,

Escaflowne (hate this one),

Guyver

Eureka Seven

Cowboy Bebop

Trigun 

Totoro

the list goes on.

but theres quite a few anime my buddy keeps trying to get me to like or invest in and honestly I've tried but cant stand any of them. they are

One Punch Man

Full Metal Alchy

Full Metal Brotherhood

Jojo bizarre adventure

Naruto 

Boruto 

One Piece

is there something those have in common? other than brotherhood? its it a style of anime that I just dont like ? haha

curious

1 hour ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

so I'm a fan of anime but I've realized it's more older stuff I grew up on etc. though I have a lot I like, top 2 with a ton of ones I own.

Cowboy Bebop

the list goes on.

but theres quite a few anime my buddy keeps trying to get me to like or invest in and honestly I've tried but cant stand any of them. they are

One Punch Man

Full Metal Alchy

Full Metal Brotherhood

Jojo bizarre adventure

Naruto 

Boruto 

One Piece

is there something those have in common? other than brotherhood? its it a style of anime that I just dont like ? haha

curious

I believe Netflix is going to be doing a live action of Cowboy Bebop.

As for what you don't like. I'm surprised at FMA, and you might be one of the only people I can think of that I've seen not like it. I understand OPM because it's written to be not taken seriously as far as I'm concerned. Don't know anything about Jojo. Naruto and One Piece were once part of the Big 3, the other being Bleach, and yes...all three had common themes throughout their series. That's most shonen I believe though.

If it's relatively older stuff you're interested in you can try Rurouni Kenshin, Yu Yu Hakusho, or Inuyasha. They don't seem close to the anime you listed, but one that you could definitely rush through is Outlaw Star. Also you could try out Zoids: Chaotic Century as well as Zoids: New Century...don't bother with the ones after...

6 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I believe Netflix is going to be doing a live action of Cowboy Bebop.

As for what you don't like. I'm surprised at FMA, and you might be one of the only people I can think of that I've seen not like it. I understand OPM because it's written to be not taken seriously as far as I'm concerned. Don't know anything about Jojo. Naruto and One Piece were once part of the Big 3, the other being Bleach, and yes...all three had common themes throughout their series. That's most shonen I believe though.

If it's relatively older stuff you're interested in you can try Rurouni Kenshin, Yu Yu Hakusho, or Inuyasha. They don't seem close to the anime you listed, but one that you could definitely rush through is Outlaw Star. Also you could try out Zoids: Chaotic Century as well as Zoids: New Century...don't bother with the ones after...

yeah fma just wasnt my thing.

I'm curious to see what Netflix does with live action Bebop.

but thanks for mentioning YuYu. I always hear great things. I'll start watching it 

2 hours ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

yeah fma just wasnt my thing.

I'm curious to see what Netflix does with live action Bebop.

but thanks for mentioning YuYu. I always hear great things. I'll start watching it 

Guess I understand. I'm like that for certain movies and shows that are regarded as masterpieces that I can't sit through for more than 2 minutes.

How are you watching anime? I recommended Zoids but it seems...nearly impossible to get a hold of anything regarding that series anymore. :S 

I'm watching via the odd site. normally googling to find streams online.

otherwise Netflix or if I can buy it decent price of Amazon I do that.

yeah movies same. some that are the greatest supposedly are crap to me. but I think part of it too is I didnt grow up on some of the recent anime stuff like FMA/Bleach/One Punch. 

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?: Arrow of the Orion

danmachivis.jpg

One more movie to wait for until it comes on 9anime or lucky if it ends up being on Crunchyroll

Sewayaki Kitsune no Senko-san Manga About Fox Spirit Gets TV Anime

kitsune.jpg

FOX GIRLodEwUsy.gif

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-12-27/yuruyuri-ova-crowdfunding-campaign-launches-meets-goal-5-times-over/.141373

I never thought they'd turn to crowdfunding, but if that's what it takes for more Yuru Yuri, I'm fine with it. It hasn't been long and they already reached five times the goal amount. Here's the link to the actual page if anyone is interested: https://camp-fire.jp/projects/view/103528

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-12-26/hitori-bocchi-no-marumaru-seikatsu-school-comedy-anime-posts-1st-promo-more-staff/.141344

Oh yeah, and there's going to be a Hitori Bocchi no Marumaru Seikatsu anime. Apparently, the first announcement was back in August, but I completely missed it... Anyway, for those of who are unfamiliar, Hitori Bocchi no Marumaru Seikatsu is a 4 koma by Katsuwo — who is also the author of Mitsuboshi Colors. I was kind of disappointed when Mitsuboshi Colors got an anime, since Hitori Bocchi is far better and deserved it more (imo). At least now we can have both.

Edited by Cave_Johnson_
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

I'm not really into anime but a few days ago I found Toradora on Netflix and I enjoyed it a lot, does anyone knows similar anime?

Toradora, that's one I enjoyed a lot too. Similar anime that I could recommend to Toradora, hmmm ?

- Nisekoi (if you want something that is more comedy)

- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (if you want a slight paranormal touch mixed with your girls)

- Oreimo (if you want something... interesting)

- Gosick (if you want a more serious, private crime investigation take on your tsundere)

Yep, that's pretty much what I have at the top of my head now.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Honor_Hand said:

Toradora, that's one I enjoyed a lot too. Similar anime that I could recommend to Toradora, hmmm 1f914.png

- Nisekoi (if you want something that is more comedy)

- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (if you want a slight paranormal touch mixed with your girls)

- Oreimo (if you want something... interesting)

- Gosick (if you want a more serious, private crime investigation take on your tsundere)

Yep, that's pretty much what I have at the top of my head now.

Thanks a lot, :)I will check it out!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HaserPL said:

Google pictures even look similar ;). Will check it out for sure.

All those anime from Key Studio JaM mentioned above are totally recommended but they are more on the drama side if that's your thing. Clannad, Little Busters!, Kanon (2006) and Angel Beats! are totally worth checking out. Love them, they are some of my all time favorites :D

They all are pretty good. I wouldn't say they are exactly similar to Toradora though.  :hmm:

• Like 1

Like nails on a chalkboard... 

I've never been one to watch anime with the English dub (only a few exceptions), but this one in particular bothers me greatly. Last time I felt like this is when I heard the K-On! English dub for the first time. Nothing against the voice actors, but these characters just sound... wrong.

• Like 1