National Football League Thread

cmgravekeeper

10 minutes ago, skidmarkgn said:

Think it's safe to say we'll have to wait until Sunday for our 1st good game of week one (got my eyes on you Texas/New England) because it sure as hell isn't the season opener.  But hey, at least we still don't know what is and isn't a catch.

Yeah pretty obvious that JJ made that catch. I feel sorry for those East Coast folks who had to wait an hour for this snoozefest to begin. Hopefully we'll see some fireworks in the fourth qtr.

KC vs Chargers will be interesting, too. It seems like every year KC starts out hot, then fades and disappoints.......while the Chargers suck early and then make a late and unsuccessful run for the playoffs.

Edited by PsychicVibe

1 hour ago, PsychicVibe said:

Yeah pretty obvious that JJ made that catch. I feel sorry for those East Coast folks who had to wait an hour for this snoozefest to begin. Hopefully we'll see some fireworks in the fourth qtr.

KC vs Chargers will be interesting, too. It seems like every year KC starts out hot, then fades and disappoints.......while the Chargers suck early and then make a late and unsuccessful run for the playoffs.

I guess the 4th quarter had "fireworks" but only if you compare it to the crap-fest that took place in the first three.  Thinking the Falcons red-zone problems might stem from Ryan throwing every ball either 5 yards out of the back of the end zone or 5 yards out of bounds, he never gave a receiver a chance in those last five "and goal" plays.  Putting out a bad product was a problem last year and this over officiated inept mess didn't help.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, skidmarkgn said:

I guess the 4th quarter had "fireworks" but only if you compare it to the crap-fest that took place in the first three.  Thinking the Falcons red-zone problems might stem from Ryan throwing every ball either 5 yards out of the back of the end zone or 5 yards out of bounds, he never gave a receiver a chance in those last five "and goal" plays.  Putting out a bad product was a problem last year and this over officiated inept mess didn't help.

Agreed.

Lots of yak yak yak about Mr. Ice but me thinks he is more....well, just average. Sorry, less than average. I want a QB that lifts his team (like Andrew Luck or Russell Wilson).......and not one that needs others to make a win happen.

Well that was a interesting opener, a close game but not the best from either offense and Atlanta's red zone offense still is a befuddling mystery. Very much reminiscent of the Divisional playoff game

and seriously another catch debarcule :facepalm: how in the world was that Julio Jones play not a catch......

4 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

I still have to wonder what they were thinking not using Julio Jones when they went for it on 4th Down in the first quarter

8 hours ago, PsychicVibe said:

Or why, given their dismal red zone history, they just didn't go for three.

That doesn't puzzle me too much. First possession of the game and you've got nothing to lose by going for it since it's still far too early in the game to make a big difference if you can't get it done. Of course, looking back on it I'm sure they wish they had but everything looks different in hindsight

• Like 1

First sunday of the season and someone is already ejected under the new helmet rule. ?

Granted I heard it was completely warranted, but I still find it funny.

EDIT:

Fuckin lol. 25 on the Texans should have been flagged until he had fabric coming out of his ass for torpedoing himself into a player. That was the definition of a hit the NFL is trying to cut down on. (the player that was hit was Burkhead I just couldn't remember it lol)

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle

5 minutes ago, Conker said:

Oh poor Browns about to win game in OT and the Steelers block the fg so we get a tie and on opening Sunday of the season

Poor Browns had a chance at the end of regulation, entering field goal range when Tyrod Taylor threw an interception.

At least they broke their losing streak.........

Edited by PsychicVibe
  • Like 2

Truly, only the Browns could start their season off with a tie game. props to Hue for not benching Tyrod for Mayfield though like the Bills did, let him sit and learn

Have got to add that Bell must be grinning from ear to ear right now. The Browns probably just helped him get the contract he wanted.

Edited by majob
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, majob said:

Have got to add that Bell must be grinning from ear to ear right now. The Browns probably just helped him get the contract he wanted.

Why do you think that? Conner played exceptionally well in his place. 135 yards rushing, 57 receiving, and 2 TDs. If anything, Bell should be begging for his job back.

Anyway, good win by the Vikes. Got a little worried towards the end, but at least we can hold back on crowning Jimmy G the new king of football. Would like to see a little more effort on the ground from Cook. We're going to need that running game...

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

Why do you think that? Conner played exceptionally well in his place. 192 yards and 2 TDs. If anything, Bell should be begging for his job back.

Anyway, good win by the Vikes. Got a little worried towards the end, but at least we can hold back on crowning Jimmy G the new king of football. Would like to see a little more effort on the ground from Cook. We're going to need that running game...

It seemed that the Pittsburgh OL blocked exceptionally well, with enthusiasm for Conner as if to make the point that they don't need Bell.

While Jimmy G is not the new King of Football, he certainly showed his promise with his mobility, quick release and accurate arm. Niners continue with their red zone woes.

Edited by PsychicVibe
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

Why do you think that? Conner played exceptionally well in his place. 192 yards and 2 TDs. If anything, Bell should be begging for his job back.

His replacement played well but you'll have people whispering that this probably wouldn't have happened if they had Bell. Not to downplay the Browns efforts, they played hard, almost desperately, so that helped but Tyrod got greedy with the last pass before OT, should have just gone for the short throw and made the try.

Jimmy G's hype was bound to deflate eventually but Cousins looked sloppy there. Of course, I'm hoping you guys lose, nothing personal bruh, it's just the division. Barr can feel free to knock Rodgers out for the season again though

• Like 1