National Football League Thread

cmgravekeeper

so first ravens game of the season that didn't finish within 8 points or less

Jags Demolish the Colts, Saints upset the Bucs

Panthers easily remain unbeaten, Falcons have given up fully

and the 1#  draft pick spot changes again, back to the titans after they lose and the Browns win, Manziel with a solid game 

Andy Dalton fractured his thumb. God damn it.

Yeah, at 10-3 things are looking a whole lot different in Cincy.  I can't believe I'm saying this, but I kinda hope they beat my Niners next week.  Our season is over, so I'd rather see Cincy clinch their division and make the playoffs instead of risk the Steelers potentially passing them by.  I knew this would be a tough game today, but losing Dalton, even if it's only a week or 2, will be terrible.  Although, if they do beat my Niners next week, I'll be cheering for the Broncos the week after, with or without Peyton.  Need to keep the Pats out of 1st place, and I don't see them losing anymore games this year (though the best bet is later tonight).  Will also be cheering for Cincy in a winnable home game vs the Ravens to end the regular season.  If they can beat the Niners and Ravens then the division is theirs.

Yeah, at 10-3 things are looking a whole lot different in Cincy.  I can't believe I'm saying this, but I kinda hope they beat my Niners next week.  Our season is over, so I'd rather see Cincy clinch their division and make the playoffs instead of risk the Steelers potentially passing them by.  I knew this would be a tough game today, but losing Dalton, even if it's only a week or 2, will be terrible.  Although, if they do beat my Niners next week, I'll be cheering for the Broncos the week after, with or without Peyton.  Need to keep the Pats out of 1st place, and I don't see them losing anymore games this year (though the best bet is later tonight).  Will also be cheering for Cincy in a winnable home game vs the Ravens to end the regular season.  If they can beat the Niners and Ravens then the division is theirs.

Gronkowski is playing. Sorry to burst your bubble but the Texans have almost no chance. If the Patriots lose a game from this point on it will be week 16 vs. the Jets. I'm still skeptical about Osweiler and could see him blowing a game, possibly even the Bengal one. Right now to me, it looks like the road to the Superbowl will have to go through New England. (That's not good)

The Ravens spread their injury plague to Seattle today, no more Rawls for the season.  Hopefully Lynch can make it back for the playoffs and Wilson can carry the team enough through the regular season to keep the 5th seed.  Browns should be winnable (I say should because you just never know), Rams I'd put at 50/50 and pray they can make it through those bastards without anymore injuries.  Cards, who the hell knows.  One week Arizona looks unstoppable, the next week they eek one out and look okay at best.

Gronkowski is playing. Sorry to burst your bubble but the Texans have almost no chance. If the Patriots lose a game from this point on it will be week 16 vs. the Jets. I'm still skeptical about Osweiler and could see him blowing a game, possibly even the Bengal one. Right now to me, it looks like the road to the Superbowl will have to go through New England. (That's not good)

What bubble? The Pats schedule this year was a cakewalk, and all I said was their best bet to lose another game was tonight after saying I doubt they will lose again.  That's the same as saying your best bet at dying is in a car crash cause people spend so much time behind the wheel, but it's still very unlikely.  Doesn't mean you'll die in a car crash tomorrow.  I don't think any teams left on the Pats schedule are worth a damn, but at least Houston's D will put pressure on Brady, which is the only way to keep him in check.  Of the 3 8-5 teams fighting for 2 playoff spots, the Jets are the least impressive in my eyes, and they will have to win out to make the playoffs.  In the last few weeks the Jets have lost to Buffalo and Houston, and they still have to play Buffalo on the road.  I'll take Houston's chances to win against the Pats over the Jets chances, but I'd love to see them both win.

Some highlights so far from this day in the NFL:

Drew Brees moves past Dan Marino as fourth all time TD pass leader. Also Drew Brees and Marques Colston have 71 TDs together in their careers.

The Jacksonville Jaguars score the most points in franchise history beating the Colts 51-16. Jacksonville outscored Indianapolis 42-3 in the second half. Blake Bortles is looking like the star the Jaguars need having a TD/INT ratio of 30-9. As the Jaguars keep their playoff hopes alive. Also Matt Hasslebeck hurt his ribs during the game and his status is TBD.

The Steelers beat AFC North rival Bengals 33-20. Andy Dalton is expected to miss a considerable amount of time after fracturing his right thumb on a INT. AJ McCarron looked good despite the lose and even compared himself to Tom Brady after the lose.

The Seahawks wiped the floor with the Raven's behind Russell Wilson's 5 TD's three of them to Doug Baldwin. As Russell now has 14 TD's in the last four games as the Seahawks are surging at 8-5 Thomas Rawls broke his ankle however and is out for the season.

The Eagles beat the Bills in Lesean McCoy's return 23-20, as McCoy was silent after the game...too bad Demarco Murray wasn't...and finally...

The Panthers destroy the Falcons 38-0, as the Falcons have now lost 7 in a row, and Carolina moves to 13-0 on the season, and clinch a first round bye.

This has been your NFL update. I really enjoyed doing this, I don't know if I'll do this every week, but yeah it was fun! Also I'm not a fan of one team in particular necessarily. I'm a fan of the game of football as a whole.

R.I.P Denver. I'm trying to tell you that Brock Osweiler cannot get it done. He won't lose you a game with turnovers, but when you need him most he is nowhere to be found. On a side note, Khalil Mack on the Raiders had 5 sacks today. He is becoming a superstar defensive player. 

if the Broncos can't run the ball well enough, then they can't win with Osweiler, he rely's on the play action passing, and Raiders are starting to get a real good team together and show it this year, next year, they won't make playoffs this season but i believe they can next season

As a Jets fan, I'm starting to get worried about my team's playoff possibilities.  It's bad enough that the Patriots are still on their schedule, but the Jets won't hold tiebreaks on either Kansas City or Pittsburgh if all three managed to finish 11-5 (and probably won't at 10-6 either) and it's looking real possible that both the Steelers and the Chiefs can run the table.  On the other hand, you'll have division winners in the NFC East and AFC South who probably don't belong in the playoffs, let alone hosting playoff games.  /sigh

And speaking of those two wretched divisions, perhaps that's why Atlanta looked so good early in the season?  They ran up their 5-0 start against the whole of the NFC East plus Houston and came crashing back to Earth once the schedule started toughening up.  And it's not like their schedule was THAT hard even so, given how they've played the Saints, Buccaneers (twice), Colts, and 49ers and none of them are above .500 either.  How bad do you have to be to play 10 games against sub-.500 teams and lose half of them?

That's also hilarious that Clausen already played against the Hawks once this year and now has to play them again with a different team.  That's a really unique situation right there, I wonder if it's ever happened before?

Kyle Orton did it several years back, the year he was supplanted by Tim Tebow in Denver and eventually released/claimed on waivers by Kansas City.  He faced both Green Bay and Oakland as the starting quarterback for both teams.

I honestly wouldnt be surprised if the Bengals lost the division to the Steelers. Chiefs maybe could make an insane comeback. They have won seven in a row now i believe all with out Charles.

Broncos have the better chance at taking the second seed though.

Edited by ShadowSigmaX

So.. Denver or Cincinnati. Who wins the second seed? Or worse, could Cincinnati or Denver lose their divisions to the Steelers and Chiefs?

Pittsburgh winning their division is pretty much a pipe dream.  Not only would Pittsburgh need to win out (possible), but they'd probably need Cincinnati to lose out because the Bengals hold the tiebreaks in most scenarios.  In fact, if Cincinnati wins Week 17 vs. Baltimore, the Bengals can't be caught because they'd be 5-1 in the Division.

Kansas City has a more plausible chance, because the Chiefs will hold tiebreaks in pretty much all scenarios.  They still need to win out and have Denver lose twice, but that's not entirely out of the question with Denver's schedule.

The intellectual possibilities aside, I just don't see either happening.  Denver will find a way to beat either Pittsburgh or Cincinnati.  And the Bengals can beat both San Francisco and Baltimore even without Andy Dalton.  They won't win a playoff game against a Wild Card team, but they'll come through with their Division.

The only reason I want the Bengals to win is, I like Aj McCarron, and I've known Kevin Zeitler (Guard #68) my entire life. Went to grade school and high school with him. Its just absolutely amazing seeing someone you know and used to get picked on alot grow up to be this monster of a man playing in the NFL. Im so proud of him.

Early Week 15 Predictions:

Bucs over Rams

Jets over Cowboys

Giants over Panthers

Patriots over Titans  

Bills over Redskins 

Chiefs over Ravens

Texans over Colts

Jaguars over Falcons

Vikings over Bears

Packers over Raiders

Seahawks over Browns

Bengals over 49ers 

Dolphins over Chargers

Steelers over Broncos

Cardinals over Eagles

Saints over Lions

Also, can anyone tell me why the Cowboys vs. Jets game is on Saturday Night? 

Also, can anyone tell me why the Cowboys vs. Jets game is on Saturday Night? 

Ratings.  With College Football's regular season completely done and gone, NFL Network is taking the opportunity to fill the void by putting a game on Saturday night this week and next.  This isn't the first time they've done this... and next year, you can look forward to an entire Week of the NFL season being played on Saturday December 24th (other than the Thursday and Monday night games) because Christmas will fall on a Sunday and the NFL won't play games on December 25th.

For 2016 They might play the SNF game on Christmas Day as they have done before in 2011 and they also in 2010 had the Cowboys @ Cardinals game on NFL NETWORK on Christmas Day, eventhough the result sucked, but yeah CBS and Fox's games are surely to be on the Saturday, as have been done before,

My Week 15 NFL Tips

Rams over Bucs

Jets over my Cowboys

Jags over Falcons

Redskins over Bills

Vikings over Bears

Patriots over Titans

Colts over Texans

Chiefs over Ravens

Panthers over Giants

Seahawks over Browns

Packers over Raiders

Bengals over 49ers

Steelers over Broncos

Dolphins over Chargers

Cardinals over Eagles

Saints over Lions

Good win tonight by the Rams, finally showing there offense and what it can do whilst for the Bucs Winston has a subpar game but comes back late to keep it close.

P.s i really really hope that wasn't the last game in St Louis, i really don't want St Louis to lose there NFL team for a 2nd time and lose all the great memories they had there too