National Football League Thread

cmgravekeeper

Are you kidding me? We have one of the highest cap room space, if not the top most. Simply that shitty front are hiding $$$ under the mattress.

Once the 49ers made the decision to keep Kaep, swimming in the deep end of Free Agency for a Quarterback went out the window.  That is, unless you believe it to be a good idea to commit more money and salary cap to that position than any other team in football including New Orleans before they re-negotiated Drew Brees' number down from $30 million plus.  There's simply a point beyond which any sane team can't spend on any single position.  (Whether or not "sane" applies to 49ers Management is a question I'm not qualified to answer, either in a professional sense or from having observed them.)

Speaking of which, anyone else see the bitch-fest from the Indianapolis GM about how Andrew Luck's contract precludes him from building a good defense?  As if he had built one during Luck's first few seasons?  Sounds to me like he's looking for excuses to give to ownership to save his pathetic ass from the chopping block after the season.

• Like 1

Speaking of which, anyone else see the bitch-fest from the Indianapolis GM about how Andrew Luck's contract precludes him from building a good defense?  As if he had built one during Luck's first few seasons?  Sounds to me like he's looking for excuses to give to ownership to save his pathetic ass from the chopping block after the season.

No, but it sounds like the Colts are a disaster from the top down.  I remember seeing something a bit ago about Ersay (or however you spell it) getting arrested for pills, The GM is obviously incapable of pulling off anything other than an obvious #1 pick in the draft and I'd put money on coach Pagano being the next guy out before the season's over, even though he's probably the one who deserves the least amount of blame.  Really hope Jacksonville can get their act together and pluck a division that's as ripe for the taking as ever.

Once the 49ers made the decision to keep Kaep, swimming in the deep end of Free Agency for a Quarterback went out the window.  That is, unless you believe it to be a good idea to commit more money and salary cap to that position than any other team in football including New Orleans before they re-negotiated Drew Brees' number down from $30 million plus.  There's simply a point beyond which any sane team can't spend on any single position.  (Whether or not "sane" applies to 49ers Management is a question I'm not qualified to answer, either in a professional sense or from having observed them.)

Well if they really wanted to, they could have cut Kaep before che deadline and zero money were "wasted" at position... However it's not about not spending too much on a position, Baalke isn't spending at all!! Look at Iupati, why the hell you let go a first round pick after his rookie contract?! And there's tons of example out there... OH wait, maybe they are just letting go every single person involved in Harbaugh winning years so they can lose until death? Fuck them!

Every pre-game show and the only halftime show I saw so far today... and I quote:

"Ahem, Tom Brady Tom Brady Tom Brady Tom Brady Tom Brady Tom Brady Tom Brady Tom Brady Tom Brady Tom Brady Tom Brady Tom Brady Tom Brady Tom Brady Tom Brady Tom Brady Tom Brady Tom Brady Tom Brady Tom Brady Tom Brady Tom Brady Tom Brady Tom Brady, and some football games I guess".

Every pre-game show and the only halftime show I saw so far today... and I quote:

"Ahem, Tom Brady Tom Brady Tom Brady Tom Brady Tom Brady Tom Brady Tom Brady Tom Brady Tom Brady Tom Brady Tom Brady Tom Brady Tom Brady Tom Brady Tom Brady Tom Brady Tom Brady Tom Brady Tom Brady Tom Brady Tom Brady Tom Brady Tom Brady Tom Brady, and some football games I guess".

Best part about the Pats game so far was seeing them show stuff from the rock n roll hall of fame (I think it was that at least) and in the background fcking beyonce was playing lmfao.

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle

This just in:  the Jets suck.

another week and another qb for the Browns 

Maybe Johnny Manziel has a chance to play in the NFL this year after all.  Unless, of course, the Browns sign Tim Tebow out of the MLB's Arizona Fall Instructional League.

Vikings are looking like a legit threat to the NFC.  I know this week they only beat Houston, the worst 3-1 team in the NFL, but their list of victims so far isn't anything to laugh off like the Panthers of last year.  If Bradford can stay on the field and the defense stays this lights out they have very little competition.  Wouldn't be at all surprised to see them at 15-1 or 14-2 when it's all said and done.

Vikings are looking like a legit threat to the NFC.  I know this week they only beat Houston, the worst 3-1 team in the NFL,

Ouch. I'd take offense to this if it wasn't unquestionably true. Our running game wasn't bad yesterday, but time and again we came out throwing on first down. 2nd and 10 you say? We should definitely throw again... 3rd and 10, he'll even 3rd and 4, throw that shit yo. Let's put all the pressure on our untested multi million dollar quarterback. Ugh.

Doesn't help that Fuller is either the best or worst player on the field on any given play. Man is fast as lightning and can make ridiculous plays, and then he drops gimme passes that hit him in both hands with a 4 yard cushion. W. T. F?

Yeah our pass rush is deadly, but when teams realize our secondary is shit they just throw on a two step drop and completely avoid that whole issue.

I'm half hoping we win our division and make the playoffs, and half hoping we have another sub 25% season and move up in the draft... For what that's worth.

My Week 6 NFL Tips

Broncos over Chargers

Bills over 49ers

Bears over Jags

Patriots over Bengals

Titans over Browns

Lions over Rams

Steelers over Dolphins

Saints over Panthers

Ravens over Giants

Eagles over Redskins

Raiders over Chiefs

Seahawks over Falcons

My Cowboys over Packers

Texans over Colts

Cardinals over Jets

Ugh. The bengals need to fire EVERYONE on their coaching staff. Nothing sucks more then watching a team that has some of the best talent in the nfl, be mediocre every year because the coaches are garbage. They need to pull a broncos and fire marvin because he's good at rebuilding a team but can't ever take them over the hump. They need to hire out of house too. No more of this bullshit promoting guys.

This is just CYA, and it's pathetic. Remember that management made some remarks about how Manning should have won more Super Bowls there.

Indy's drafts and free agent pickups have always been lackluster. It was infuriating to see them waste picks on the likes of Austin Collie, or trade for people like Trent Richardson.

Ugh. The bengals need to fire EVERYONE on their coaching staff. Nothing sucks more then watching a team that has some of the best talent in the nfl, be mediocre every year because the coaches are garbage. They need to pull a broncos and fire marvin because he's good at rebuilding a team but can't ever take them over the hump. They need to hire out of house too. No more of this bullshit promoting guys.

It's ridiculous how outclassed their coaching is.

Edited by starcrunch061

My Week 7 NFL Tips

Packers over Bears

Giants over Rams

Bills over Dolphins

Bengals over Browns

Redskins over Lions

Titans over Colts

Chiefs over Saints

Raiders over Jags

Vikings over Eagles

Ravens over a Jets

Falcons over Chargers

Bucs over 49ers

Patriots over Steelers

Seahawks over Cardinals

Broncos over Texans

All but 2 games in the books and silence in the football thread.  Was it that mediocre of a week?

Wow, we get it, Wagner's foot touched the center.  Now show 10,000 replays of the no-call when Wilson's facemask was getting grabbed on 3rd down during the 1st drive.

Double wow, Seattle's offense has decided to keep the streak of unwatchable prime time games alive.  Just when it looked like they were righting the ship they trot this mess out on the field and undo it all... and then some.

Edited by skidmarkgn

All but 2 games in the books and silence in the football thread.  Was it that mediocre of a week?

Well, I watched 2 games yesterday, the London one ('cause it was at 3.30pm here) and the 49ers game. What can I say about maybe the 2 worst game of the week?

Also, as a niners fan, what can I say about a season that's ended before october month?

If only the Browns could win a couple of game we will draft as n° 1 next year...

I hope Seattle can find a way to make a deal with either Cleveland or San Fran to acquire either Thomas or Staley.  It's obvious Wilson's not healthy and he needs to be protected.  The edge guys are failing miserably and it looked like Sowell got some bad injury news.  Cleveland has made it pretty public that they'll give up Thomas for less than they originally wanted and Seattle, believe it or not,  actually has cap room.  Same with Staley and the 9ers.

Also, Arians really needs to shut his mouth and take a good hard look inward.  All he did was piss and moan about Wagner's foot grazing the center on the blocked punt when it's been established that it wasn't a foul.  Maybe he should think about his terrible mismanagement of the clock at the end.  Or his terrible decision to take the ball in OT when Seattle hadn't moved the ball at all.  Or take his pick of any of the bazillion times they had the game won and failed miserably.  But nope, Arians does what he always does, deflects the blame and runs his mouth.

I hope Seattle can find a way to make a deal with either Cleveland or San Fran to acquire either Thomas or Staley.  It's obvious Wilson's not healthy and he needs to be protected.  The edge guys are failing miserably and it looked like Sowell got some bad injury news.  Cleveland has made it pretty public that they'll give up Thomas for less than they originally wanted and Seattle, believe it or not,  actually has cap room.  Same with Staley and the 9ers.

Maybe you should wait until Staley hit free agency, so he'll come for free... I bet that the f***** i**** GM will not extend him, as of every one in last 2 or 3 years...

edit: nevermind I misread the contract status and he's not hitting FA in 2017 (but in 2020). However I don't think Seattle would pay a first round pick for him

Edited by Zio_Sam87