The Most grindy Games to platinum or to 100% of all time

patrickogorman19

Most grindy platinum or 100% of all time   

208 members have voted

1. 1. What do you Think is the most Grindy platnium or 100% of all time

Either you have a limited number of slots or you just missed a hell of a lot of RPGs.

Diablo III - you have to reach level 70 with 6 characters, beat the game in Hardcore mode, and reach level 70 in Hardcore. Aside from that, it's already a 700 hour game WITHOUT Reaper of Souls.

Hyperdimension Neptunia (every game) - This series is just grindy in general, and the fact that you have to pretty much OVER level to survive any boss fight in Victory is a testament. I have over 130 hours on Victory, and nearly 60% of that is grinding just to make it past boss fights. And then you have the multiple endings in the games.

Final Fantasy XIII - Havoc Skytank. Nuff said.

Skyrim - This one is kind of a fence title for me. I never had to grind too much. I think only one or two bosses ever required it, aside from the dragon priests and Miraak. However, the thieves guild is truly awful. If you want that trophy, prepare for a week of endless, dull, asinine and repetitive jobs.

Samurai Warriors 4 - This isn't an RPG but it's grindy as hell. I don't think it's ever taken me so long to reach level 50 in any RPG as it is in SW4. Aside from that, unlocking everything is a slow, tedious process.

• Like 1

Hyperdimension Neptunia (every game) - This series is just grindy in general, and the fact that you have to pretty much OVER level to survive any boss fight in Victory is a testament. I have over 130 hours on Victory, and nearly 60% of that is grinding just to make it past boss fights. And then you have the multiple endings in the games.

Every game (with the exception of Victory) does not even come close to 100 hours.

And Victory is 150 at really worst. Not comparable to anything else mentioned in this thread ;)

Nep games are grindy, but definitely not the grindiest ones =)

Either you have a limited number of slots or you just missed a hell of a lot of RPGs.

Diablo III - you have to reach level 70 with 6 characters, beat the game in Hardcore mode, and reach level 70 in Hardcore. Aside from that, it's already a 700 hour game WITHOUT Reaper of Souls.

Skyrim - This one is kind of a fence title for me. I never had to grind too much. I think only one or two bosses ever required it, aside from the dragon priests and Miraak. However, the thieves guild is truly awful. If you want that trophy, prepare for a week of endless, dull, asinine and repetitive jobs.

Samurai Warriors 4 - This isn't an RPG but it's grindy as hell. I don't think it's ever taken me so long to reach level 50 in any RPG as it is in SW4. Aside from that, unlocking everything is a slow, tedious process.

There are limited slots otherewise I would of add some more games.

That game is on the list.

Yes, BUT, if you read the thread, you'll see that it wasn't at first.

HDN and FFXIII don't deserve mention at all. Only HDN even clocked over 50 hours for me, to say nothing of the hundreds required for Star Ocean or WKC.

Skyrim is a long game, but not a grindy one. Who spent a week on Thieves Guild quests?!? 

I don't know about Diablo III, but SW4 is a distinct possibility. I haven't played it, but KOEI's trophies are just abysmal in general (see, e.g., Musou Orochi Z, or DW 8, etc. etc.).

Yes, BUT, if you read the thread, you'll see that it wasn't at first.

HDN and FFXIII don't deserve mention at all. Only HDN even clocked over 50 hours for me, to say nothing of the hundreds required for Star Ocean or WKC.

Skyrim is a long game, but not a grindy one. Who spent a week on Thieves Guild quests?!? 

I don't know about Diablo III, but SW4 is a distinct possibility. I haven't played it, but KOEI's trophies are just abysmal in general (see, e.g., Musou Orochi Z, or DW 8, etc. etc.).

You do realize my selections are based on my experiences with these games right? What takes you 50 hours can take another person double that. Your experiences are not the rule for everyone. And obviously I was exaggerating about the thieves guild because it takes fucking forever to complete that quest.

And trust me, Diablo III deserves a spot on this list. The game is not terribly hard but it is absolutely a huge grind to plat, and requires enormous skill to survive Hardcore.

You do realize my selections are based on my experiences with these games right? What takes you 50 hours can take another person double that. Your experiences are not the rule for everyone. And obviously I was exaggerating about the thieves guild because it takes fucking forever to complete that quest.

And trust me, Diablo III deserves a spot on this list. The game is not terribly hard but it is absolutely a huge grind to plat, and requires enormous skill to survive Hardcore.

Sounds more difficult than A grind.

Mugen souls > WKC + Star ocean.

Diablo 3 is not a 700 hour game...You can go from 1-70 in 1 day without exploits. The gold grind takes 2 days if you farm a3, this games grind is very overrated. Sure I have huge experience in diablo2/3 and I only play hardcore, but still, this is not a hard or long game.

Lol huge exaggeration, Mugen Souls is about as long as Star Ocean definitely not close to being a longer grind than both of those combined dood

Talking from personal experience here, Warhawk is one of the biggest hands down. Using the Ranked Player glitch room makes it 300 hours of grinding, without it is 1000+ hours. Mortal Kombat is too, but people that haven't gone after mastering every fighter won't know that. It takes approximately 350 hours to do all of the grinding and around 300 more to accumulate the 24 hours playtime required for each fighter. Not to mention the online trophies....

Edited by LeetWolf2

Reaching LVL 200

100*

This is around a 13 hour grind if you know what you're doing. A mere 13 hours isn't comparable to the 100s - in which this thread was made to list

I've attained the platinum for Injustice 3 times, I know what I'm talking about. Listing the game here is just plain inaccurate in terms of being one of "the most grindy games to platinum".

Edited by Aela

• 2 weeks later...