Plat Racers! - Cancelled

jeah you have good points .  lets find it out^^ . if after some few month always the winning game was the fastest we can talk about it again :) .   

i was just thinking because 50 h compared to 150 h is pretty huge.  but we will see :)

Oh yeah, if it works out that way, I'll definitely be changing things up. I want everything to be as balanced and fair as possible. Since it's still new, everything is subject to change right now, depending on how things work out.

Alright, the voting has come to an end, and we have our winners!

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment with 38% of the votes and Catherine with 17%

So, the three eligible games for the first plat race are:

• Tales of Symphonia
  • Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment
  • Catherine

And here's the list of current racers:

• xZoneHunter - Tales of Symphonia
  • Xionx - Tales of Symphonia
  • Edunstar84 - Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment
  • Sadistic Waffle (mody94_Station) - Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment

The race starts on September 19th, sign ups are open from now until we have our winners!

Hey ExHaseo! Put me down for Sword Art Online: HF (vita)! I don't know about everybody else, but having contests/competitions helps clear out my backlog.

Can't wait!!

Added you to the racers!

Hahaha same here, I've had the game in backlog for months now but never bothered to download it

I've added you to the racers as well, since SAO was picked!

• Like 2

I just wanted to be clear, you said 19 September GMT-7, right? I'm GM+1, so that would mean 8am my time? I just want to make sure so that I'm not disqualified for starting, like, a  couple of hours early.

That's correct, it's September 19th GMT-7. I'm not sure what time that would be for you, but there's a countdown in the OP that counts down to the start of the race.

Here's the link for it again.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/launch?iso=20150919T00&p0=234&font=cursive&csz=1&swk=1

• Like 1

SAO: HF

Okay, so I've played for a solid hour, and I'm really enjoying the game so far. But still have no idea how to use the battle system effectively, which is expected. The translations aren't so bad, just a few glaring mistakes.

Completed the first battle/area, and I've missed loads of stuff. Hopefully, I can go back and flesh the map out but for now I'm going to keep moving forward. I have a deadline I want to hit. There's no way I can get the plat faster than that. So, I'm hoping it's faster than the others. If not, that's okay. One less game off my backlog! :D

I voted for indie plat, also I'd like to sign up for the special race :)

I've added you to the list. Once the games are chosen, I'll ask you to make sure you still want to. Just in case it ends up being something you don't want to play.

Looking forward to starting Symphonia after work tonight. I also saw you've made a guide for it, ExHaseo, so that'll come pretty handy too :P

That's one of the reasons I chose Symphonia  xD

I hope it helps! If you have any questions, feel free to ask. That goes for anyone playing Symphonia. I'm always happy to help out with it.

I was torn in the new poll...didn't know if I should vote for RPG or Indie plat former....so I voted indie hoping Shovel Knight would be it :P

Once voting is over for the theme, I'm going to open up voting for the games. The top two will be chosen, and you'll have to get both in order to win.

Also, voting for the theme will end tonight, and voting for the individual games will start tomorrow. Then the special race will start on September 25th.

If anyone is curious, here's the games that will be in the vote for each theme.

Fighting Games:

• BlazBlue Continuum Shift EXTEND
  • Super Street Fighter IV
  • Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
  • Dead or Alive 5
  • Dragon Ball Xenoverse

JRPGs:

• Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
  • White Knight Chronicles (if this one is picked, it will be the only game)
  • Star Ocean The Last Hope International (if this one is picked, it will be the only game)
  • Trinity Universe
  • Tales of Xillia 2

Western RPGs:

• Mass Effect Trilogy (this means you'll have to plat all three games, won't need DLC though)
  • Skyrim
  • Demon's Souls
  • Fallout New Vegas
  • Dragon Age Origins

Indie Platformers:

• Shovel Knight
  • Rogue Legacy
  • Spelunky
  • Dustforce
  • Knytt Underground

Rhythm Games:

• DJ Hero
  • Guitar Hero 5
  • Rock Band 2
  • DJ Max Technika Tune
  • Dance Dance Revolution

Remasters:

• Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX (this means you'll have to get 100% on all three lists)
  • Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD ReMIX (this means you'll have to get 100% on all three lists)
  • Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition
  • Jet Set Radio
  • Resident Evil Revelations
Edited by ExHaseo