Plat Racers! - Cancelled

Jesus christ, yes... I've always wanted to partake one of these. I remember I rekt one of our members when I did the race for VANQUISH though...  :giggle:

MIght grab catherine just for this, it was always a game I wanted to play, but I currently have so much in my hands that I might not be able to take part yet. Probably next time, though...

Edited by TheYuriG

Already have Naruto Storm 2 plat, GG. Dragon Ball Xenoverse would have been a good fighting game selection choice as it's available on both PS3 and PS4 (thus not splitting the community and limiting only those with 1 system for entry) and it's a very grindy plat (which means it will take a while).

(I read the rules) If I hypothetically wanted to enter the fighting race (this one that is), I'd just need to choose 1 game right?

Very good and fun idea. Sadly i already started catherine but fortunately i have tales of symphonia lying around here somewhere which is unplayed. So id like to sign up for that game.

One question though, if i understand correctly then there will always be 2 games being used aside from the special games. But in the rules you mention that there wont be more than one race per month...

Edit: nvm, solved my own question by reading the op again xD

Edited by Zone Hunter

The special race disappoints me as I don't think I'd ever be able to complete Injustice ever.

And even if there's a special race I'm interested in, I might already have played one of the games in it so the amount of competitors might be low to.

I do like the idea of just the normal plat races though. Maybe I should play Symphonia?

NZxd7CM.png

Welcome to Plat Racers!

This contest is just what it sounds like, a race to see who can get a plat first. It's as simple as that.

Every race will have different games. There will always be at least two games to choose from. The first three people to plat one of the selected games wins a prize! These games aren't going to be for the faint of heart though, be prepared for a challenge!

Rules:

• To join in on a race, you need at least 50 posts.
  • To join a race, simply post saying you want in, along with the game you'll be going for.
  • You can't switch games after the race starts. Only the game you select when you sign up will count.
  • Each race will have an unlimited number of racers. Anyone can join at any time, even after the race begins.
  • In order to participate, you can't have started the game yet. Not even if it's just a single trophy.
  • Each race will last until there is a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winner. However, there will never be more than one race per month.
  • You can't start until the specific start time. If you start before the specified start time, you'll be disqualified for a false start.
  • If a game is cross-saveable, and you use that feature to auto-pop any trophies, you'll be disqualified.

Hall of Fame:

This is where all 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners will go.

Hall of Legends:

Anyone who manages to complete the special race will go here.

Games:

All games will be voted on by the community (with the exception of the first race). I'll leave a poll up for a week, then the top 2 games will be the ones used in the next race. In the event of a tie for 1st or 2nd place, all 3 games will be used.

Race 1 Games:

• Tales of Symphonia
  • Catherine

Special Race:

The special race is an ongoing race. Unlike normal races, these may not just be a single game. They could also be a collection of games, or a specific collection of trophies, based on some sort of theme. There's also only 1 winner in a special race.

To join in on the special race, you also need to have at least 1 UR plat. This is primarily so that the list doesn't get ridiculous, with people randomly throwing their hat into the ring.

Special Race 1 - Fighting Games:

• Injustice (any platform)
  • BlazBlue Continuum Shift EXTEND (any platform)
  • Naruto Shipuuden: Ultimate Ninja: STORM 2

Prizes:

The prizes will vary from race to race, depending on a variety of factors. Prizes are first come first served. The 1st place winner gets to pick from the prize pool, 2nd place gets what's left, and 3rd place gets their name in the hall of fame.

Current prizes:

• The Last of Us (PS4) Digital Code
  • $10 US PSN Code

Special Race Prize:

• $50 US PSN Card

Racers:

Current list of racers.

Special Racers:

Current list of racers.

On your mark... Get set...!

Here's the countdown clock to when the race begins. There will always be at least a week between races, in order to choose the new games, and accept new racers. Clock is based on GMT -7

Current Race Starting on September 12th.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/launch?iso=20150912T00&p0=234&msg=Time+until+race+begins&font=cursive&csz=1&swk=1

Do we have to do all 3 special games or just one?

it would have to be all 3 right? Because Injustice takes longer than the other two games combined. 

So it would be extremely unfair if a person won because they did Naruto for example. 

Edited by AlphaTrash

Hello. I  setted a pair of world records on Injustice:

https://psnprofiles.com/100-club/2257-Injustice: today

https://psnprofiles.com/100-club/2258-Injustice-Gods-Among-Us-Ultimate-Edition: 1 month ago. 

Wanna participate with these records. 

Cheers ! . 

Signed because honestly, it will be extremely hard to beat them. I don't meet requirements but my times are extremely good and well... maybe should I get a prize or be added in the Hall of Legends? ^_^

Edited by er_campanario
  • Like 1

I have Tales of Symphonia sitting on my shelf right now, but I don't think I can participate. It's very tempting though, anyways I just looked at the start date. I will be gone the whole day. Maybe next time.

If you change your mind, you can join in at any time during the race. Just let me know.

The special race disappoints me as I don't think I'd ever be able to complete Injustice ever.

And even if there's a special race I'm interested in, I might already have played one of the games in it so the amount of competitors might be low to.

I do like the idea of just the normal plat races though. Maybe I should play Symphonia?

lol, yeah, the special race is supposed to be a really hard. It'll always be really difficult stuff like that. I almost put Super Street Fighter IV instead of Blazblue too, but I thought it might be a too hard that way. xD

If you decide to join, just let me know. You can join in at any time, even after the race officially starts.

Do we have to do all 3 special games or just one?

it would have to be all 3 right? Because Injustice takes longer than the other two games combined. 

So it would be extremely unfair if a person won because they did Naruto for example. 

You have to complete all three games to win the special race.

Nice idea, I'd enter the Catherine competition if it was a golden game in THL.

You should totally do a Star Ocean race :D, it's very doable to plat the game in a month.

lol, Catherine is a golden game in THL. It's for fixture 5, that's one of the reasons I chose it xD I was thinking about doing Hollow Fragment, because that's the next golden game, but I thought doing 2 grindfest JRPGs was a bit too much. I also wanted one grind based game, and one skill based game. 

I actually did think about putting Star Ocean as the first special race, but I thought too many people would have started it and would be ineligible, because of your Star Ocean thread.

Hello. I  setted a pair of world records on Injustice:

https://psnprofiles.com/100-club/2257-Injustice: today

https://psnprofiles.com/100-club/2258-Injustice-Gods-Among-Us-Ultimate-Edition: 1 month ago. 

Wanna participate with these records. 

Cheers ! . 

Signed because honestly, it will be extremely hard to beat them. I don't meet requirements but my times are extremely good and well... maybe should I get a prize or be added in the Hall of Legends? ^_^

That's not how it works. If you've gotten the plat already, you're not eligible to enter the race. Everyone is supposed to start at the same time, and the first one to get the plat wins. It's not about who has the fastest time on the leaderboards. You would also need to have the BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend and Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 plats to win anyway.

Edited by ExHaseo

lol, Catherine is a golden game in THL. It's for fixture 5, that's one of the reasons I chose it xD I was thinking about doing Hollow Fragment, because that's the next golden game, but I thought doing 2 grindfest JRPGs was a bit too much. I also wanted one grind based game, and one skill based game. 

I actually did think about putting Star Ocean as the first special race, but I thought too many people would have started it and would be ineligible, because of your Star Ocean thread.

Yeah, but it's not a golden game until September 16. I'll join then and hopefully have the MGR plat.

SO4 is an excellent grind-based game, with a prize like that I'm sure people would sign up. Then there are some THL members that haven't started SO4 yet. If you decide to do SO4, we could do a cross-over event :D.

• Like 1