Platinum Rain Day - Ended

Have you checked in game? It will take you automatically to the store to download it. Also i played it on the PS4, so that might be a reason too... 

Mk2 wasn't so hard right? I hope you're having fun with it  ^_^

Ah ok, I haven't started the game yet.

Brave was just spamming his ultimate move every turn followed by 4 regular attacks. So he killed a party member each turn and inflicted almost half a health bar worth of damage to another party member. Decided to level a bit after that and went up 22 levels in just a few hours :o.

Ah ok, I haven't started the game yet.

Brave was just spamming his ultimate move every turn followed by 4 regular attacks. So he killed a party member each turn and inflicted almost half a health bar worth of damage to another party member. Decided to level a bit after that and went up 22 levels in just a few hours :o.

Yeah, the bosses seem hard at first but once you grind a bit they become a cakewalk :P I wonder if you'll have much trouble with Delphinus.

Finally decided to sign up for this. I hope I can manage 10 before the final date. Here is what I plan on doing.

1. Persona 4: Golden - 72%

2. Okami HD - 64%

3. Tales from the Borderlands - 47%

4. Until Dawn - 0%

5. Starwhal - 50%

6. Broken Age - 0%

7. 3D Dot Game Heroes - 64%

8. Heavy Rain - 77% (still can't believe I have this unfinished!)

9. God of War III - 12%

10. Freedom Wars - 42%

If I can get 2 more just to bring my total to a nice 125, I'm gonna go for these...

11. Dead Rising 2 - 62%

12. Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 - 12%

I doubt these will be my final choices, but I would like to clear some out of my backlog.

Good luck to everyone else going for this!

• Like 2

Finally decided to sign up for this. I hope I can manage 10 before the final date. Here is what I plan on doing.

2. Okami HD - 64%

So what did you wake up this morning and decide "Hey I am going to do 4 of Dr Mayus' favourite games...maybe that will earn me a Like." Well it did good sir, it did :)

2. Okami HD - 64%

4. Until Dawn - 0%

5. Starwhal - 50%

6. Broken Age - 0%

8. Heavy Rain - 77% (still can't believe I have this unfinished!)

9. God of War III - 12%

10. Freedom Wars - 42%

If I can get 2 more just to bring my total to a nice 125, I'm gonna go for these...

11. Dead Rising 2 - 62%

I doubt these will be my final choices, but I would like to clear some out of my backlog.

I dont blame you. Took me about a year long to complete it. Damn kamikaze trophy..

Ok, great. Using cross-saves to autopop plats is allowed too, if you're into that.

alright, i would definitely like to participate. i'm just not really sure right now about the games, so i will add some placeholder or add them later i guess.

btw: any specific reason for keeping track of the games right now? technically it would be enough to check _after_ the event, which platinums have been earned on that day?! or just for personal information/tracking? just curious.

List:

1. Tales from the Borderlands (PS4) (91%)
  2. Tales from the Borderlands (PS3) (0%, but already owned)
  3. LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (PS4) (79%)
  4. Game of Thrones (PS4) (78%)
  5. Game of Thrones (PS3) (0%, owned)
  6. Far Cry 4 (PS3) (22%)
  7. LEGO Jurassic World (8%)
  8. and some easy japan imports that are currently on their way to me (at least 4 or 5, i always lose track) :P

will add them later / when they arrive.

btw i just posted a list of all available game guides here, sorted by time (ascending). perhaps it'll help you too if you need some ideas for the platinum rain: https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/31943-platinum-rain-inspiration-psnp-gameguides-sorted-by-time/

thanks,

dernop

• Like 1

can i just order/import 10 visual novels from japan now and participate? 

basically the "pay2win of trophyhunting" :P

The problem is that you have to time when you stop the game because you might accidentally end the story and get that final trophy for finishing the story because you were fast-forwarding it. This makes me glad that Persona 4 Golden pauses the cutscene when you're asked a question so you don't accidentally pick the wrong choice, and picking wrong choices REALLY matters. (Like one time I thought I was doing Fortune Link rank 5 but I was following the guide's Fortune Link Rank 6 and I realized it and had to reboot. UGH. :( ) Of course, I do not even glance at visual novels so I may be mistaken - the only visual novels I saw were from Hakoom's videos and he fast-forwarded everything so I wouldn't know.

My update: I have gotten a couple of trophies in LEGO Indiana Jones 2. If that wasn't on the list, please add it - I plan on saving one of the "defeat Indy" trophies for the last one as I intend to earn the two glitched-up trophies that tend to not pop even if you do the requirements. Also, and this is a big IF, IF I add Persona 4 Golden to the list(I probably will later) I'll save the True Bond trophy for last due to the fact that I messed up with the Jester link and didn't get it to Rank 6 before a spoiler event when the Link auto-ranks up after that, so it'll be stuck at level 5 for the rest of the game, but since I have to do a second playthrough, I'll just max all the social links in New Game Plus since I've maximized all of the main character's life stats so I won't have to do anything to raise my life stats; I got the Big Bro is Worried trophy by save-scumming so the game is at 54% trophies now and I have just the final dungeon. Should I go for True Ending in my first playthrough or skip the true ending dungeon, end the story there and go into NG+ right away so I can work on maximizing all my Social Links? (The reason I got Jester stuck was because I didn't spend enough time with the link and I couldn't do the events for Rank 3 and 4 when the guide said to do them. I followed the guide religiously but for some reason, A-man wasn't high enough affinity with me! :( )

• Like 1

So what did you wake up this morning and decide "Hey I am going to do 4 of Dr Mayus' favourite games...maybe that will earn me a Like." Well it did good sir, it did :)

Lol, it actually was right before I went to bed! I choose them because they are some of my favorites as well. ^.^ (and the higher % of completion helps too!)

Yeah, the bosses seem hard at first but once you grind a bit they become a cakewalk :P I wonder if you'll have much trouble with Delphinus.

I'm desperately trying to get the Neptune/Nepgear combination skill for that fight, but nearing the end of the game and still don't have it. Also where is Delphinus?

2. Okami HD - 64%

4. Until Dawn - 0%

5. Starwhal - 50%

6. Broken Age - 0%

9. God of War III - 12%

10. Freedom Wars - 42%

11. Dead Rising 2 - 62%

Awesome, welcome to the event :highfive:. That's a great list, especially Persona 4 Golden and Okami HD.

alright, i would definitely like to participate. i'm just not really sure right now about the games, so i will add some placeholder or add them later i guess.

btw: any specific reason for keeping track of the games right now? technically it would be enough to check _after_ the event, which platinums have been earned on that day?! or just for personal information/tracking? just curious.

List:

1. Tales from the Borderlands (PS4) (91%)
  2. Tales from the Borderlands (PS3) (0%, but already owned)
  3. LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (PS4) (79%)
  4. Game of Thrones (PS4) (78%)
  5. Game of Thrones (PS3) (0%, owned)
  6. Far Cry 4 (PS3) (22%)
  7. LEGO Jurassic World (8%)
  8. and some easy japan imports that are currently on their way to me (at least 4 or 5, i always lose track) :P

will add them later / when they arrive.

btw i just posted a list of all available game guides here, sorted by time (ascending). perhaps it'll help you too if you need some ideas for the platinum rain: https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/31943-platinum-rain-inspiration-psnp-gameguides-sorted-by-time/

Just saw this post. Now you're officially one of the cool members :awesome:. I take it Tales from the Borderlands PS4 is ready to be platted?

I keep track of everyone's progress in the OP so that participants can check how everyone is doing and also because it saves quite some work at the end of the event. And it's also nice for yourself to see some progress and post about it. You can write something about the game and/or recommend it to others. The idea is that every participant also lists which games they've actually platted and also post the plat image. But more information will be posted about that later (somewhere in the first half of December).

My update: I have gotten a couple of trophies in LEGO Indiana Jones 2. If that wasn't on the list, please add it - I plan on saving one of the "defeat Indy" trophies for the last one as I intend to earn the two glitched-up trophies that tend to not pop even if you do the requirements. Also, and this is a big IF, IF I add Persona 4 Golden to the list(I probably will later) I'll save the True Bond trophy for last due to the fact that I messed up with the Jester link and didn't get it to Rank 6 before a spoiler event when the Link auto-ranks up after that, so it'll be stuck at level 5 for the rest of the game, but since I have to do a second playthrough, I'll just max all the social links in New Game Plus since I've maximized all of the main character's life stats so I won't have to do anything to raise my life stats; I got the Big Bro is Worried trophy by save-scumming so the game is at 54% trophies now and I have just the final dungeon. Should I go for True Ending in my first playthrough or skip the true ending dungeon, end the story there and go into NG+ right away so I can work on maximizing all my Social Links? (The reason I got Jester stuck was because I didn't spend enough time with the link and I couldn't do the events for Rank 3 and 4 when the guide said to do them. I followed the guide religiously but for some reason, A-man wasn't high enough affinity with me! :( )

Ok, sounds like a good plan. You could also save the trophy for beating Margaret or fusing Izanagi no Okami.

Just saw this post. Now you're officially one of the cool members :awesome:. I take it Tales from the Borderlands PS4 is ready to be platted?

I keep track of everyone's progress in the OP so that participants can check how everyone is doing and also because it saves quite some work at the end of the event. And it's also nice for yourself to see some progress and post about it. You can write something about the game and/or recommend it to others. The idea is that every participant also lists which games they've actually platted and also post the plat image. But more information will be posted about that later (somewhere in the first half of December).

hehe, alright thanks!

yup, borderlands is ready! just have to do the very last chapter ;)

Also, look at all those cross over events :o

Yeah it's looking pretty amazing so far, had to put it in a spoiler bar because the lists is becoming quite long.

thanks,

dernop

I added that link to the OP too.

hehe, alright thanks!

yup, borderlands is ready! just have to do the very last chapter ;)

Ok, I'll add that too.

Hey would anyone be willing to do Dead Island Riptide as a Plat Rain platinum? It is 5 bucks on the PSN sale now  and you need a Co-Op partner so I figured 2 of us could work together and get another Platinum for the January Deluge :)

I'm in the mood to try some new games and this is one that I probably wouldn't normally buy so I might be interested. I would like to do a little more research and think about it before deciding though. I try not to put too much stock in reviews but some of these scores and reports of bugs/glitches aren't really encouraging at first glance.

I have a couple of questions. Have you ever played any of the Dead Island games? I haven't so if you are looking for an experienced partner who has any idea what they are doing then I'm probably not the person for this. Also, I don't have a mic so I'd probably have to use chat to communicate. If either of these are deal breakers just let me know. If anyone else volunteers and really wants to play the game let me know as well since that will make my decision easy.

I loved LEGO blocks when i was a kid, but i never ever had one of the videogames. If , quality-wise, they are actually fun to play, i might give them a try!

I can attest from experience(I have played LEGO Batman 2 and 3 for both home console and Vita, LEGO Chima, and am now going through LEGO Indiana Jones 2) that they ARE very fun to play... unless you hate collectibles. But then again, you shouldn't hate collectibles if you are trophy hunting as 90% of all games with trophy support have at least one trophy requiring you to collect 100% of an item. ;)

Anyways who is an expert at Persona 4 Golden care to PM me advice? I am going to start fusing together and registering the Persona I plan to use for my second playthrough, which I intend to use for my Hardcore Risette Fan trophy. Because of this, I've perused a guide and it says you have to do a Level 1 run, aka you have to reach the bosses of the third dungeon and rescue Rise with as low a level as possible. Which mens my party members are going to die all the time to the bosses and I need my character to survive so he can revive the others with Revival Beads. So I want to make a team of Persona which I can buy from the Compedium but it can't have any high-level skills because, as you know, being low level means you won't be able to spam healing or attack skills because your spell points and health are going to be low. So if anybody has any ideas, PM me. I am going to fuse together a Persona which has Alertness(so I don't get destroyed by Enemy Advantage), several abilities that null elements and physical attacks, and maybe a minor healing spell like Media(which I can replace since I have registered a lot of skill cards with Marie).

Edited by Maphantom238

Nice try Yuri but we all know this is a troll post. Dragon you must ban him from the event for this or we riot dood *prepares pitchfork and torch*

Shit, I've been caught. All this BattleFantasia I've been playing will be for nothing, guess you gonna win the UR count category then. :(

Shit, I've been caught. All this BattleFantasia I've been playing will be for nothing, guess you gonna win the UR count category then. :(

Don't think I will, I'm taking 3 maybe more games off my current list since I won't have the time I thought I would have to do them and my Worms Revolution data has vanished apparently :( I don't think I have any suitable URs to replace them with either so that means that I'll have to replace them with non UR games dood.