Best familiars for colisseum?

i did use for oliver queen bumbler, demoliceros. for esther acee, umberwood and for swaine bone baron, paleolith

queen bumbler is definitely the one that carried me trough the game. its not an offensive familiar, but it got some sick healing spells.

http://ninokuni.wikia.com/wiki/Queen_Bumbler

Edited by LionKingEylside

Catastroceros is super over powered, especially if you boost his strength to the max and fully level each stage (don't just evolve it when you can do so, wait until it reaches max level at each stage, because this results in better stats). It has an attack called Earsplitter, which is a physical attack that hits all enemies at once. At max level, and even much lower than that, it can one hit kill almost any enemy group in the game, the exceptions being some few of the bosses. BAM, one hit, all enemies are dead. Ruins the game though. I think the hardest boss in the game took me like some few hits, and that was it. EDIT: IIRC, they can also have certain personalities that affect their stats growth, make sure it's physical strength is getting maxed. It can be so much more powerful than any other familiar...

Yes, this breaks the battle system in this game, but fine by me though, because I didn't particularly like the battle system.

Edited by MMDE

it's best to level up everyone include familiars to at least level 90 ( the highest is 99 )

During my playthrough this was my setting.

Oliver lvl 99

Mite lvl 99

Draggle ( the free DLC one ) lvl 27

Catastroceros lvl 28

Esther lvl 99

Fluorongo lvl99

Napdragon lvl 30

Sugarplum sprite lvl 99

Swaine lvl 99

Burly Hurly lvl99

Aye-Aye Catcher lvl 99

Steam-Man lvl 60

last battle can be very hard!

Just take control of crybaby Oliver :D and spam frostbite ( I forgot, but I believe it was a magic that knocks enemies out of their feet ) and collect glims till you get the big one that allow oliver to cast the huge fireball thingy I believe it's called Burning Heart, repeat this till victorious!

Edited by yellowwindow7

I don't think it really matters which familiars are there. I used the first three familiars I got from early on. Anyway the strategy for the last battle is to use Swaine's scattershot to confuse the other familiars, or Oliver's cloud spell. I also used the Thunderstorm to get those golden glims, but they are hard to come by. Oh yes, and keep running around. You have to be really active with your AIs as well.

But I know the dinosaurs are tanks, if you were lucky to get them in the first place. 

Oliver Demoliceros and claptrap

Esther Catastroceros and Umberwood

Swaine Paleolith and Triumphant

Do not use any tricks for Oliver until the final round. Then, spam thunderstorm as much as possible. Make sure Triumphant and Paleolith know yoo-hoo and just let swaine deal with the punishment. He died after 2 of the enemies were already dead when I did it on level 92-93.

Kill the healer first and then Mito. Swaine's familiar is the least threatening

Lastly, I recommend doing this after you get all the merit rewards. One of them increases Oliver's health and magic by 100!

Edited by Beyondthegrave07

• 8 months later...

it's best to level up everyone include familiars to at least level 90 ( the highest is 99 )

No. Max level for many familiars are much lower than 99. Like the most overpowered and broken one that I described earlier that simply breaks the game and one hits all enemies in the entire game (except for some few of the bosses that takes a couple of hits) with one attack IIRC levels up to level 28 in it's final form.

If you've boosted it correctly and it has the right personality etc etc to max physical attack, this thing is just broken.

No need for anything else. The rest is just there to get exp and level up, because you need to get so many different familiars, and to not kill familiars because you wanna catch 'em.

What if it dies? It doesn't. Never happened to me, ever, not even close. All enemies dies in -->one<-- attack, not one per enemy, one attack for all the enemies at once. It's that broken.

definitely Demoliceros or Catastroceros. both of them op af.

Cata is like 21 max atk, really no point in picking Demo, and to get the most out of it, boost Cata's physical attack as much as possible with personality and food and stuff.

• 1 year later...
On 6/8/2016 at 5:05 PM, MMDE said:

No. Max level for many familiars are much lower than 99. Like the most overpowered and broken one that I described earlier that simply breaks the game and one hits all enemies in the entire game (except for some few of the bosses that takes a couple of hits) with one attack IIRC levels up to level 28 in it's final form.

If you've boosted it correctly and it has the right personality etc etc to max physical attack, this thing is just broken.

No need for anything else. The rest is just there to get exp and level up, because you need to get so many different familiars, and to not kill familiars because you wanna catch 'em.

What if it dies? It doesn't. Never happened to me, ever, not even close. All enemies dies in -->one<-- attack, not one per enemy, one attack for all the enemies at once. It's that broken.

When you say 'breaks the game', you don't mean crashes the game, correct?  You're referring to an over-powered attack?  Playing now and want to be sure.

4 hours ago, IntroPhenom said:

When you say 'breaks the game', you don't mean crashes the game, correct?  You're referring to an over-powered attack?  Playing now and want to be sure.

4 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Yep, it's broken as OP.

Yup. We're talking if it's decently leveled it will one-hit kill any enemy party in one hit. Yes, multiple enemies at the same time, all die in one hit. Even the strongest bosses goes down in some few hits.

Edited by MMDE