Did Naughty Dog Just Confirm The Last Of Us 2?

Crespelio-X12

If I had a dollar for every time The Last of Us 2 was "confirmed"...

For the last time, they're doing it. Eventually. Neil Druckmann said in January that any development on the sequel is "on ice" while they concentrate on Uncharted 4.

Seriously, if you'd used the search function, you'd have seen there's at least three, and probably four, of these topics already:

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/23565-the-last-of-us-2-confirmed/?hl=+tlou%20+sequel

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/22664-the-last-of-us-2-accidentally-leaked-by-naughty-dog-developer/?hl=+tlou%20+sequel

And then the third and probably fourth one that I can't find a link for, when Nolan North and Troy Baker opened their mouths.

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 1

I thought this was already pretty much confirmed. Wasn't there someone on LinkedIn who boasted about having worked on it, until the press noticed and someone presumably told him to take it off. Or am I thinking of another game?

Anyway, they'd be stupid not to be working on it after how well received TLoU was.

Nice catch though IGN.

If I had a dollar for every time The Last of Us 2 was "confirmed"...

For the last time, they're doing it. Eventually. Neil Druckmann said in January that any development on the sequel is "on ice" while they concentrate on Uncharted 4.

Seriously, if you'd used the search function, you'd have seen there's at least three, and probably four, of these topics already:

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/23565-the-last-of-us-2-confirmed/?hl=+tlou%20+sequel

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/22664-the-last-of-us-2-accidentally-leaked-by-naughty-dog-developer/?hl=+tlou%20+sequel

And then the third and probably fourth one that I can't find a link for, when Nolan North and Troy Baker opened their mouths.

Since there is 40 pages regarding The Last of Us when checking who would bother to check those? Plus they are dead right now

Since there is 40 pages regarding The Last of Us when checking who would bother to check those? Plus they are dead right now

Literally, that took me 20 seconds to find by typing "tlou sequel". And just because they're dead doesn't mean you can't revive them by posting and bumping them in the New Posts category. People revive dead topics all the time.

Also, Naughty Dog employees opening their mouths about a TLOU sequel isn't really news, since they've already "confirmed" it about 6 times this year alone, and the director himself said it's eventually going to be done, after Uncharted 4.

Edited by damon8r351

I believe Naught Dog already said before that there might going to be a sequel to the last of us, but they said the gameplay may going to be a lot different than the first game. What? Why? I thought the first game gameplay is perfect! and raised the standard of that type of games. Are they going to turn it into a tower Defense game?? Please No!

I believe Naught Dog already said before that there might going to be a sequel to the last of us, but they said the gameplay may going to be a lot different than the first game. What? Why? I thought the first game gameplay is perfect! and raised the standard of that type of games. Are they going to turn it into a tower Defense game?? Please No!

I doubt it will be any changes in gameplay, there's no point of doing that. Game was perfect the way it is...

• Like 1

I have very mixed emotions about this. Although I hope it's true I also hope it's not. There are COUNTLESS amounts of franchises that have surpassed a point in which sequels should have never been made. I think they should just leave it as a one hit wonder, but I would also love to see another TLOU. I love TLOU, one of my favorite games of all times. I trust anything Naughty Dog makes. I will throw my money at anything they release, so I have faith that they will do what is right with TLOU franchise. 

Is it just me who thinks a sequel to the Last of Us is the worst idea ever? I'd be open to the idea of prequel but a sequel would be so unnecessary after the fantastic ending of The Last of Us?

Absolutely. TLoU is my favorite game of all time and I'm a bit sad to see it fall into the sequel trap. It is a perfect example of a story that doesn't need to be turned into a "franchise". The great thing about the ending was that it made you think. It left things open to the imagination, it didn't wrap everything up in a neat little package. It was up to you to make up your mind about the characters, who they are, what they've been through and where they're going. I guess now they're gonna spell it out for us.

Unless, they decide to do a completely different story with new characters. I could get behind that.

• Like 1

Absolutely. TLoU is my favorite game of all time and I'm a bit sad to see it fall into the sequel trap. It is a perfect example of a story that doesn't need to be turned into a "franchise". The great thing about the ending was that it made you think. It left things open to the imagination, it didn't wrap everything up in a neat little package. It was up to you to make up your mind about the characters, who they are, what they've been through and where they're going. I guess now they're gonna spell it out for us.

Unless, they decide to do a completely different story with new characters. I could get behind that.

The whole new characters idea just sounds a bit crappy to me, I'd rather they work on a new IP all together and leave The Last of Us alone

• Like 1

The whole new characters idea just sounds a bit crappy to me, I'd rather they work on a new IP all together and leave The Last of Us alone

Of course that would be the best choice. I'm just saying that if they have to go back to TLoU, I'd prefer a completely original story rather than a forced continuation of the old one.

Edited by ShadowReplicant
  • Like 1