Persona 5 - WEEBNESS HAS WON THE FIGHT! Release on 4.4.2017 will contain DUAL AUDIO!

Satoshi Ookami

On December 16, 2016 at 4:38 PM, GrayFT said:

Hero

Reveal hidden contents

Persona-5-DLC-Christmas-Protagonist.png

Morgana

Reveal hidden contents

Persona-5-DLC-Christmas-Morgana.png

Makoto

Reveal hidden contents

Persona-5-DLC-Christmas-Makoto.png

These ones are my favorite out of the new DLC. Cute (and Makoto's looks pretty badass imo)!

Also forever biased towards MC and whatever DLC costumes he gets since he's my waifu.

EDIT: Double posted somehow...

Edited by Waffles

Atlus released some trailers for three more confidants.

Sadayo Kawakami

Spoiler

Toranosuke Yoshida

Spoiler

Hifumi Togo

Spoiler

I recognised that Sadayo has the same English voice actor as Yukari from Persona 3 right away. Awesome! It looks like she can't escape that maid outfit in either game. :eyebrow: She lets the protagonist skip class in exchange for his silence which sounds like a really interesting mechanic.

Spending time with Toranosuke will unlock negotiation skills in battle such as being able to ask for more money or items from enemies. I believe that's a mechanic that makes a return from the older Persona games. Correct me if I'm wrong.

It sounds like Hifumi is voiced by the English voice actor of Marie in Persona 4 Golden. She's no HanaKana of course, but I still really liked Marie's English voice actor. :P She will allow you to unlock abilities such as swapping out party members mid-fight and being able to flee from ambushes.

Also, here's some English gameplay:

Edited by Undead Wolf

6 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

Spending time with Toranosuke will unlock negotiation skills in battle such as being able to ask for more money or items from enemies. 

Guess we have our 2nd best social link.

6 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

I believe that's a mechanic that makes a return from the older Persona games.

More like when Persona was still SMT =D 

It's more SMT mechanic than Persona one.

8 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

Sadayo Kawakami

Reveal hidden contents

Toranosuke Yoshida

Reveal hidden contents

Hifumi Togo

Reveal hidden contents

Spending time with Toranosuke will unlock negotiation skills in battle such as being able to ask for more money or items from enemies. I believe that's a mechanic that makes a return from the older Persona games. Correct me if I'm wrong.

You're not, that is exactly something from the old SMT games, persona really is just a spinoff, and amazingly fantastic spinoff.

1 hour ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Guess we have our 2nd best social link.

More like when Persona was still SMT =D 

It's more SMT mechanic than Persona one.

Kinda sad that most new players consider SMT to be the spin-off of Persona. Though sometimes in life the spin-offs or knock-offs become more popular than the main source.

Edited by TheVader66

20 minutes ago, TheVader66 said:

Kinda sad that most new players consider SMT to be the spin-off of Persona. Though sometimes in life the spin-offs or knock-offs become more popular than the main source.

It's the other way around, but I think most people know this. Even if they don't it doesn't really matter, allot of people enjoyed Nocturne more than P3, I was one of those people and was flamed for doing so. To me the 2 SMT games most like persona are Devil Summoner Soul Hackers and SMT Sega CD. Either way you can't go wrong with the series, Persona has certainly gained allot of interest.

7 minutes ago, Z1MZUM said:

It's the other way around, but I think most people know this. Even if they don't it doesn't really matter, allot of people enjoyed Nocturne more than P3, I was one of those people and was flamed for doing so. To me the 2 SMT games most like persona are Devil Summoner Soul Hackers and SMT Sega CD. Either way you can't go wrong with the series, Persona has certainly gained allot of interest.

I know it is the other way around, that is why I said 

33 minutes ago, TheVader66 said:

Kinda sad that most new players consider SMT to be the spin-off of Persona

Though I actually met people who like P3 more than Nocturne

4 minutes ago, TheVader66 said:

I know it is the other way around, that is why I said 

Though I actually met people who like P3 more than Nocturne

Same here, Nocturne on "Hard" had the same satisfaction as finishing Demons Souls for me, in fact the moment I saw DS and Atlus I almost wet myself ;)

Ok i'm going off the path here, I've met way more P3 Fans, I loved it and all the previous incarnations.

11 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

Sadayo Kawakami

Hide contents

Toranosuke Yoshida

Hide contents

Hifumi Togo

Hide contents

I recognised that Sadayo has the same English voice actor as Yukari from Persona 3 right away. Awesome! It looks like she can't escape that maid outfit in either game. :eyebrow: She lets the protagonist skip class in exchange for his silence which sounds like a really interesting mechanic.

It sounds like Hifumi is voiced by the English voice actor of Marie in Persona 4 Golden. She's no HanaKana of course, but I still really liked Marie's English voice actor. :P She will allow you to unlock abilities such as swapping out party members mid-fight and being able to flee from ambushes.

Also, here's some English gameplay:

No propper language trailers? :awesome:

10 hours ago, TheVader66 said:

Kinda sad that most new players consider SMT to be the spin-off of Persona. 

:facepalm:

Oh god, just why o.O

9 hours ago, Z1MZUM said:

allot of people enjoyed Nocturne more than P3, I was one of those people and was flamed for doing so. 

Well... Nocturne is... Nocturne. It has a cult of followers =D Nocturne is pretty much AAA of SMT, lol.

On 20-12-2016 at 0:35 AM, Undead Wolf said:

Sadayo Kawakami

Hide contents

Toranosuke Yoshida

Hide contents

Hifumi Togo

Hide contents

I'm liking Sadayo and Hifumi already. 

Are confidants basically people you can form social links with?

19 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Yeah, like Satoshi said, I guess they would kinda be like the fox from P4 where leveling up their social link gives different bonuses. Hopefully, their social links are a little more interesting than the fox one, though. :giggle: We already know about a teacher in a maid outfit, so it's looking up! :D

• Like 1

On 20-12-2016 at 0:35 AM, Undead Wolf said:

Sadayo Kawakami

Hide contents

Toranosuke Yoshida

Reveal hidden contents

Hifumi Togo

Reveal hidden contents

19 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I'm liking Sadayo and Hifumi already. 

2 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Basically yea.

Something like Fox, since they give actual bonuses.

Hmm, that's cool. I mean, Fox was usefull and all but his Social Link wasn't really cool or anything. This looks a lot better.

9 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Yeah, like Satoshi said, I guess they would kinda be like the fox from P4 where leveling up their social link gives different bonuses. Hopefully, their social links are a little more interesting than the fox one, though. :giggle: We already know about a teacher in a maid outfit, so it's looking up! :D

You know what's up :eyebrow:.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Hopefully, their social links are a little more interesting than the fox one, though. :giggle: We already know about a teacher in a maid outfit, so it's looking up! :D

I can honestly say that all of them are interesting, likable, well-written side characters and the way all the relationships come together in the end is absolutely fantastic and incredibly satisfying.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ShadowReplicant said:

I can honestly say that all of them are interesting, likable, well-written side characters and the way all the relationships come together in the end is absolutely fantastic and incredibly satisfying.

Awesome, that's good to know! I'm looking forward to it :D

• Like 1

I know it's kinda off Topic here but all the Epert of the game write and check here so better ask this here xD

I Want to start Persona 4 Golden next week (After a year it's time no? XD), should i be aware of something while playing? Could i just enjoy the game no worrying for trophies? Or there are missable? From the guides all around yeah seems like there are some missables but don't really get it.

3 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Basically yea.

Something like Fox, since they give actual bonuses.

1 hour ago, Undead Wolf said:

Ok, thanks.

54 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Hmm, that's cool. I mean, Fox was usefull and all but his Social Link wasn't really cool or anything. This looks a lot better.

Maxing out the Fox link was a real chore though.

10 minutes ago, Sora9427 said:

I know it's kinda off Topic here but all the Epert of the game write and check here so better ask this here xD

I Want to start Persona 4 Golden next week (After a year it's time no? XD), should i be aware of something while playing? Could i just enjoy the game no worrying for trophies? Or there are missable? From the guides all around yeah seems like there are some missables but don't really get it.

Yeah you can do that, though I recommend to max out your stats (courage, understanding, knowledge, diligence, and expression) as much as possible. That'll help with NG+.

2 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Yeah you can do that, though I recommend to max out your stats (courage, understanding, knowledge, diligence, and expression) as much as possible. That'll help with NG+.

Yeah this doesn't help in knowing what should i do i don't knwo anything of the game besides being and RPG Turn based with Social system xD

3 minutes ago, Sora9427 said:

Yeah this doesn't help in knowing what should i do i don't knwo anything of the game besides being and RPG Turn based with Social system xD

The game is divided in to major areas: the real world and the TV world. Your stats increase by doing pretty much anything in the real world: eating at the restaurant on rainy days, answering questions correctly in class, getting the best grades, doing part-time jobs, riding the scooter, reading, etc.

53 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

The game is divided in to major areas: the real world and the TV world. Your stats increase by doing pretty much anything in the real world: eating at the restaurant on rainy days, answering questions correctly in class, getting the best grades, doing part-time jobs, riding the scooter, reading, etc.

Yeah. I Asked what are the missable and what should i do and you really didn't answered to me, just said to do 2 Runs, but why? xD

53 minutes ago, Sora9427 said:

Yeah. I Asked what are the missable and what should i do and you really didn't answered to me, just said to do 2 Runs, but why? xD

Because you are required to do 2 runs anyway.

So, Dragon probably wanted you to know that you don't need to care about much on your first playthrough.

2 hours ago, Sora9427 said:

1 hour ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Because you are required to do 2 runs anyway.

So, Dragon probably wanted you to know that you don't need to care about much on your first playthrough.

Yep, pretty much what Satoshi said. Just make sure you get the True Ending on the first playthrough to unlock a boss fight on NG+ and to fuse a certain persona. For NG+ you need to be on the True Ending route too before you can fight the optional boss. This boss is the only reason you need to do 2 playthroughs and get the True End on both of them. Don't worry about maxing out all social links until NG+. I'd recommend to read all books on the first playthrough, so you have more free time to max out all social links on the first playthrough. If you're going with that, there's a highly missable book that requires you to join the basketball club (during the story you can choose to join basketball or soccer). You need to be at a specific social link level for that one and spend a specific day with your teammates. I don't remember which level and day, so you'll have to look that one up. Hardcore Risette Fan can be done on the first or second playthrough, that's up to you. Some people say lines carry over, others don't, there really isn't much reliable info about that.