Project Platinum: Hyperdimension Neptunia

xZoneHunter

I am curious how did everyone found out about the Hyperdimension games?

I found out about it when, I was mindless clicking Through topics on here, that is when I saw the fan club, and I thought that game looks different.That was back in March and I am glad that I did click on the fan club, because I had tons of fun playing these games.

Since the first time I played video games on my cousin's PS2 in 2000, I have been playing shooters, adventures and fighting games, but in 2013 I got burned out on video games cause they were the same thing over and over and over again. I was actually going to quit video gaming but one day my family went to the mall and I went to Gamestop to just see, then I saw the cover of the Original Hyperdimension Neptunia, it caught my attention because of combination of bright colors: Black, Purple, Green, White. I still remember when I saw it, my first instinct was to hate it, because I despised games that looked moe because most of the games that moe girls are in is just pure fanservices, bland characters that rely on looking sexy and boring gameplay like card battles (Oddly enough I later found out the same company made Monster Monpiece that same year which is definition of a game I hate). The only reason why I got it was because my sister saw me giving it a dirty look and she said "to just give a try, you have nothing to lose anymore since you are quiting." I went home and went on youtube and saw gameplay of it, I was amazed by it because it was different than anything I have ever played before, because I never played any kind of RPG or JRPG before except Pokemon. I went to Gamestop after a week of research to buy it (this is something I do for all games), it had a little bit of fan service but it was alright unlike mk2. The only reason why I continued into mk2 was because by that time, I liked the character personalities, Compa sweet girl personality, Neptune not giving a shit, Blanc looking shy but being a complete bitch to people, just to say a few and it's comedy was amazing, but I hated mk2 for Nepgear's boring personality and it also went super far with fan service (looking at you SFW Trick) but luckly by Victory I started getting numb to the fanservice to the point it didn't affect me anymore so now I am alright with it now, also you can tell I am completely over it because I platinumed Senran Kagura and also Hyperdimension Neptunia U is one of my favorite Hyperdimension games.

Edited by TheVader66
  • Like 1

Since the first time I played video games on my cousin's PS2 in 2000, I have been playing shooters, adventures and fighting games, but in 2013 I got burned out on video games cause they were the same thing over and over and over again. I was actually going to quit video gaming but one day my family went to the mall and I went to Gamestop to just see, then I saw the cover of the Original Hyperdimension Neptunia, it caught my attention because of combination of bright colors: Black, Purple, Green, White. I still remember when I saw it, my first instinct was to hate it, because I despised games that looked moe because most of the games that moe girls are in is just pure fanservices, bland characters that rely on looking sexy and boring gameplay like card battles (Oddly enough I later found out the same company made Monster Monpiece that same year which is definition of a game I hate). The only reason why I got it was because my sister saw me giving it a dirty look and she said "to just give a try, you have nothing to lose anymore since you are quiting." I went home and went on youtube and saw gameplay of it, I was amazed by it because it was different than anything I have ever played before, because I never played any kind of RPG or JRPG before except Pokemon. I went to Gamestop after a week of research to buy it (this is something I do for all games), it had a little bit of fan service but it was alright unlike mk2. The only reason why I continued into mk2 was because by that time, I liked the character personalities, Compa sweet girl personality, Neptune not giving a shit, Blanc looking shy but being a complete bitch to people, just to say a few and it's comedy was amazing, but I hated mk2 for Nepgear's boring personality and it also went super far with fan service (looking at you SFW Trick) but luckly by Victory I started getting numb to the fanservice to the point it didn't affect me anymore so now I am alright with it now, also you can tell I am completely over it because I platinumed Senran Kagura and also Hyperdimension Neptunia U is one of my favorite Hyperdimension games.

Neps helped you overcome your hate for fanservice?

GREAT! 

(Now if only it helped you overcome your English voice love :awesome: :awesome:)

• Like 1

Neps helped you overcome your hate for fanservice?

GREAT! 

(Now if only it helped you overcome your English voice love :awesome: :awesome:)

Ehhh I actually like English Neps. Noire has a weird voice in CPU form but otherwise I actually prefer the English VAs.

pls dont hurt me

• Like 1

Ehhh I actually like English Neps. Noire has a weird voice in CPU form but otherwise I actually prefer the English VAs.

pls dont hurt me

I normally change most games to Japanese voice when available,

However I too enjoy English Neps they do it rather well minus Noire CPU voice that sounds odd, So I will stand by you when all the hurt comes along for this series anyway :D

• Like 1

pls dont hurt me

However I too enjoy English Neps they do it rather well minus Noire CPU voice that sounds odd, So I will stand by you when all the hurt comes along for this series anyway :D

I actually like both Japanese and English voices although Noire as Black Heart starting from V onward sounds really off in English so overall I do prefer the Japanese dub but the English isn't as bad as people claim it to be. I do get a bit annoyed/confused with some changes though that have kind of been reversed like name changes(Pirachu/Warechu) and such but overall the English isn't too bad but still behind the Japanese in my opinion.

• Like 1

pls dont hurt me

Nah, its okay. We are all buds, right? RIGHT?! >u<

I would prefer japanese too, but Im open for other stuff.

I wanted to rewatch Detective Conan Movie 18 some days ago and saw that my animesite replaced ger_sub with ger_dub... I thought, I can try it, because this movie has some characters who never appeared, because the show gots cancelled 500 episodes ago. Germans and "The poor children! :(", you know.

I especially wanted to hear Sera in german, because shes one of the best characters imo. Well, what should I say... Most horrible ger_dub voice in history of anime... Got probably earcancer... But thats the price for being open. Just dont understand why german Conan is calling her by her surname, while japanese Conan calls her a Nee-chan... xD

However, have it your way. :P

If you prefer it in english, fine. We should respect that. Simple. Its your game.

I just dont like it when people say that a game sounds horrible, but are playing it in english.

Compa-games do sound, at least for me, way too... whore-ish in english. Sorry!

While eg SquareEnix has done a good job with FinalFantasyXIII/XIII-2 imo.

Edited by Neputyunu
  • Like 1

I like to join, here's the games I finished so far:

I have also have Nep U in english, Mk2 in Japanese (from the LE), and Zombies, but they're still unopened.

Also on the way to finish VII but I had to take a break for a bit because it's semester finals soon. Lot's of work to do.

mX4RqB8.png

• Like 2

I have also have Nep U in english, Mk2 in Japanese (from the LE), and Zombies, but they're still unopened.

Also on the way to finish VII but I had to take a break for a bit because it's semester finals soon. Lot's of work to do.

mX4RqB8.png

Frosty kitaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! =D

Been waiting for you because I love anticlimactic ends to Ultrafan fights =D 

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

I dunno, some series I play in Japanese, some in English... it completely depends on how I feel like when I start the game. For example, I started with the first HDN and it started with this really long dialogue between the CPUs. I didn't feel like reading much that day and I just set it to English and it's been in English since. xD I tried switching to JPN once and losing Compa and Neptune's voices just wasn't right.

• Like 1

I am kinda wondering if that Kita is a reference to Fourze. I might be wrong here but there is a slight hint at it...

Never I can understand how can you guys still want to bleed your ears :awesome:

Well, whatever fits you, I guess? 

Well, I like both voices, they both have pro and cons. I just like English voices a little more because I can understand it ,and only know about 20 words in Japanese.  Now, everyone can hate me for taking the middle ground. :awesome:

• Like 1

mX4RqB8.png

Normaly Zony totally is like "You need a Nep-comment to get approved." But seems hes supersurprised and stuff because of your patronage. >u< There, there *gives you the "super-omega-eternity-pudding Fan"-stamp*

Edited by Neputyunu
  • Like 1

LoL I was dragged here by my friend and said why not join the fray? How did I missed this awesomeness ?

Just checked and heck yesssss~ top kek.

Normaly Zony totally is like "You need a Nep-comment to get approved." But seems hes supersurprised and stuff because of your patronage. >u< There, there *gives you the "super-omega-eternity-pudding Fan"-stamp*

Senpai noticed me =)) And I just read and very much love my quote that I would hug it.

I am kinda wondering if that Kita is a reference to Fourze. I might be wrong here but there is a slight hint at it...

It's because of Black Frost, the warrior of love from SMT. afaik, which my name came from. (y)

Damn, I just checked PSN and the 1st Nep-Nep game is disc only, so I might not go for ULTRAfan.

Every once in a blue moon they'll put it on a special "sale" digitally. It costs twice as much as physical when they do it though. I think I've seen it happen twice since I got my ps3.

Edited by Jibril