[UPDATE] U3 Patch 1.13 - 50 Multiplayer Trophies confirmed

uncharted3_650-600x369.jpg

Over on the official U.S PlayStation forums, Naughty Dog have revealed in their latest Q&A session with the community that the next update lined up for Uncharted 3′s multiplayer mode is to be absolutely humungous. Patch 1.13, which is being submitted for approval at the end of the month, will apparently add multiplayer-based trophies, new character customisation, new taunts and some sort of feature that will allow you to “unlock special weapons and clothing much faster”. Now that is how you do a patch!

Here are the highlights from the Q&A…

Q: Can we have more customization for the main characters? (Drake, Elena, Chloe, Talbot…)

A: We will be submitting patch 1.13 for approval at the end of June. This patch contains new taunts and character customizations. It’s epic. We’ll have more news on it once it’s approved.

Q: Are you going to IMPROVE MASSIVELY the already released DLC by adding trophies to them?

A: Yes! Trophies are coming in the next patch.

Q:
Can you please increase the rare treasure drop ratio in Co-op Arena and Co-op Hunter?

A: If you still are having trouble getting that much sought after treasure we’re implementing a feature in patch 1.13 that will allow you to get those special weapons and clothing items very fast. More on that once the patch is ready.

ND have also stated that the level cap will be raised soon with two new legacies, though they haven’t announced yet whether those will be arriving alongside 1.13 or in a future update. When 1.13 gets approved in a few days time Naughty Dog will be further detailing just what fans can expect from the new patch, so make sure you keep it locked to DailyJoypad.co.uk and we’ll bring you any new information as and when it comes in.

NEW LINK FOR 1.13

Edited by Triptent
  • Like 1

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is horrible news. I have always been a big fan of the Uncharted series, but the worse decision they could make is to add multiplayer in my opinion. I hate Uncharted's mp, and I was so happy they did not put DLC trophies in Uncharted 3. I sold my copy as I got the platinum and figured that I was done. I am so dissapointed to hear that they are adding trophies. The one's in Uncharted 2 were horrible, and virtually forced people to boost for them. I quit trying, as I never boost. Uncharted's MP is horribly balanced. I got soo tired of unloading a clip into a guy only for him to turn around and use a power weapon, and sometimes not even a power weapon at all and kill me. I detest having to load an entire clip into a guy to get a single kill, or to be shooting a guy only for him to melee me. The only chance that I will jump back into this is if the DLC trophies are not insanely impossible. If they are like say KZ3's MP trophies, then maybe I will try. Seriously though Naughty Dog, you have dropped in ranking in my eyes. This is obviously a ploy to sell DLC, and the fact that you are adding these so late in the game and after you have released all DLC is even worse. This is not good news to wake up to at all. Uncharted 3 was a 10/10 for me, and now it is rather tainted since they took away my 100%. Way to alienate a gamer.

Edited by DanielVT
  • Like 4

Uncharted 3 was a 10/10 for me, and now it is rather tainted since they took away my 100%. Way to alienate a gamer.

Probably shouldn't have sold the game off if it was a 10/10 for you and didn't want to risk them "alienating" you by adding content lol.

• Like 2

Probably shouldn't have sold the game off if it was a 10/10 for you and didn't want to risk them "alienating" you by adding content lol.

No, I disagree. It was a 10/10, but I played through it almost 3 times and got the platinum. I played it into the ground, and loved every minute. However, I waited long enough (less then a month ago) to sell it. They released their last DLC, and it did not have trophies so I figured I was safe. Now today they add trophies and crap back in. It better be easy trophies or else, I'm not buying U3 again. I did not feel this way at first, but I have grown to dislike multiplayer trophies.

Edited by DanielVT

No, I disagree. It was a 10/10, but I played through it almost 3 times and got the platinum. I played it into the ground, and loved every minute. However, I waited long enough (less then a month ago) to sell it. They released their last DLC, and it did not have trophies so I figured I was safe. Now today they add trophies and crap back in. It better be easy trophies or else, I'm not buying U3 again. I did not feel this way at first, but I have grown to dislike multiplayer trophies.

Nobody held a gun to your head to sell it though. That was your choice. You gambled in selling the game a handful of months after release and lost, can't blame Naughty Dog for treating their loyal fans to free content.

If you really like the game, you keep it.

Edited by Dreakon139
  • Like 1

Nobody held a gun to your head to sell it though. That was your choice. You gambled in selling the game a handful of months after release and lost, can't blame Naughty Dog for treating their loyal fans to free content.

If you really like the game, you keep it.

Treating their fans? I did not gamble also. I made a decision based on past history within the series (releasing DLC trophies with the DLC or not at all), and I also went off of what other publishers do. I loved the game, I played my heart out, and I got a decent amount in trade value. IMO, it was better to get money for it instead of never playing it again, and losing all value monetarily.BTW, I do not consider what Naughty Dog is doing as treating their fans. They are obviously adding trophies to sell more DLC. It sucks, but depending on the difficulty of the trophies, it may work on me, but it is not a treat. They should just stick to SP which they are the king at. Every game does not need MP. Spend your time instead making longer campaigns or DLC that adds SP content.

• Like 2

Treating their fans? I did not gamble also. I made a decision based on past history within the series (releasing DLC trophies with the DLC or not at all), and I also went off of what other publishers do. I loved the game, I played my heart out, and I got a decent amount in trade value. IMO, it was better to get money for it instead of never playing it again, and losing all value monetarily.BTW, I do not consider what Naughty Dog is doing as treating their fans. They are obviously adding trophies to sell more DLC. It sucks, but depending on the difficulty of the trophies, it may work on me, but it is not a treat. They should just stick to SP which they are the king at. Every game does not need MP. Spend your time instead making longer campaigns or DLC that adds SP content.

EDIT: I guess I just don't get the whole "buy a game, burn myself out on it and sell it while it still has value" mentality. At least not in this scenario where you're trying to come off like a super-fan that deserves to be treated better.

Yeah, it's a treat for fans. You can argue the trophies are meant to get people into playing the game more so they buy DLC... but isn't that the point? They're adding other stuff in this update as well, and it's free... should they just release shit updates or never look at the game again so people don't play it anymore? Not only is that a horrid business strategy but it's also weak for the fans. Yeah... fans who don't sell the game off after platting it.

Edited by Dreakon139

EDIT: I guess I just don't get the whole "buy a game, burn myself out on it and sell it while it still has value" mentality. At least not in this scenario where you're trying to come off like a super-fan that deserves to be treated better.

Yeah, it's a treat for fans. You can argue the trophies are meant to get people into playing the game more so they buy DLC... but isn't that the point? They're adding other stuff in this update as well, and it's free... should they just release shit updates or never look at the game again so people don't play it anymore? Not only is that a horrid business strategy but it's also weak for the fans. Yeah... fans who don't sell the game off after platting it.

I am a "super-fan" but not in the same category as a fan that does not sell the games. I don't sell too many games, just the ones that I shall never play again as my playing time goes to my massive backlog. In terms of the rest of the discussion, lets just agree to disagree. :)

Well there goes a potential 100%, hardly played UC3 yet have platinumed the other two but I'm not a fan of the MP.

Amen!!!

I am a "super-fan" but not in the same category as a fan that does not sell the games. I don't sell too many games, just the ones that I shall never play again as my playing time goes to my massive backlog.

Sounds more like a "average-fan" that enjoys the series when he isn't too busy playing something else....

And not that I'm a "super-fan" by any stretch, I sold the damn console off on a whim. But at least I admit it. ;)

Edited by Dreakon139

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is horrible news. I have always been a big fan of the Uncharted series, but the worse decision they could make is to add multiplayer in my opinion. I hate Uncharted's mp, and I was so happy they did not put DLC trophies in Uncharted 3. I sold my copy as I got the platinum and figured that I was done. I am so dissapointed to hear that they are adding trophies. The one's in Uncharted 2 were horrible, and virtually forced people to boost for them. I quit trying, as I never boost. Uncharted's MP is horribly balanced. I got soo tired of unloading a clip into a guy only for him to turn around and use a power weapon, and sometimes not even a power weapon at all and kill me. I detest having to load an entire clip into a guy to get a single kill, or to be shooting a guy only for him to melee me. The only chance that I will jump back into this is if the DLC trophies are not insanely impossible. If they are like say KZ3's MP trophies, then maybe I will try. Seriously though Naughty Dog, you have dropped in ranking in my eyes. This is obviously a ploy to sell DLC, and the fact that you are adding these so late in the game and after you have released all DLC is even worse. This is not good news to wake up to at all. Uncharted 3 was a 10/10 for me, and now it is rather tainted since they took away my 100%. Way to alienate a gamer.

I agree. While U3 had the best single player I have ever seen, I think its weak point was the multiplayer. The only way you can ever get a for sure kill is to use a power weapon or weapon mods. In most ways that is excactly why most kills involve RPGs, Shotguns, Hammers, and the M9. And whenever you and an enemy are shooting each other, I only maters who shoots the fastest. Now that they are adding DLC trophies, this wil only be encouraged further. Edited by navep9
  • Like 1

I played the beta waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than I played the multiplayer after I bought it but that was because most of my friends didn't play it either. I enjoyed the MP enough, but I had a lot of other games to play. I think I'll start playing again.

I agree. While U3 had the best single player I have ever seen, I think its weak point was the multiplayer. The only way you can ever get a for sure kill is to use a power weapon or weapon mods. In most ways that is excactly why most kills involve RPGs, Shotguns, Hammers, and the M9. And whenever you and an enemy are shooting each other, I only maters who shoots the fastest. Now that they are adding DLC trophies, this wil only be encouraged further.

It is nice to have someone who think similarly :D . I am tired of everyone disagreeing and arguing with me. ;)

I played the beta waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than I played the multiplayer after I bought it but that was because most of my friends didn't play it either. I enjoyed the MP enough, but I had a lot of other games to play. I think I'll start playing again.

The Beta was awesome. Everything felt balanced, bullet damage was great. The AK-47 had an accuracy upgrade that made it much easier to get kills. It was not frustrating at all even when I died (which happened more than I would have liked). I loved it and was looking forward to U3's MP. However, when I got on, everything I liked so much about the beta was gone, and it was unbalanced and frustrating. Also, there were barely and new maps. Everything seemed to be recycled Uncharted 2 maps but made to environmentally look different. While alot of people hated U2's Patch 1.04, it made the game playable and fun. Bullet damage was increased and I felt like I had a good chance to succeed. They changed it back for U2 and U3, and I have become disinterested and dissatisfied, and I only care about the SP.

Sounds more like a "average-fan" that enjoys the series when he isn't too busy playing something else....

And not that I'm a "super-fan" by any stretch, I sold the damn console off on a whim. But at least I admit it. ;)

Not true, I am a super-fan, I buy every game brand-new and play the game into the ground. I get excited about each release, and now pretty much all there is to know. Just because I dislike the cheap add on MP does not mean I am any less of a fan. I am a super-fan of the true Uncharted experience.....the story (which is what Uncharted has always been about). If I sell a game, that does not mean anything. I paid full price, and played every game numerous times and eventually it is time to move on. That is my choice.

Edited by DanielVT

Hmmm, this was unexpected news. I rather enjoy Uncharted mp so this is a good excuse to play more. I like that it's a patch, not a DLC pack too. I just hope the kind of trophies they include, won't be the kind that only the elite will stand a chance at. Make them so that the average online gamer will be able to achieve them.

One thing it would be good to fix is the matchmaking system. Every time i play i end up allied with people who are within 20 lvs of me (i'm lv40something) against a team of top rankers. Its depressing to constantly be trodden into the ground.

• Like 2

Not true, I am a super-fan, I buy every game brand-new and play the game into the ground. I get excited about each release, and now pretty much all there is to know. Just because I dislike the cheap add on MP does not mean I am any less of a fan. I am a super-fan of the true Uncharted experience.....the story (which is what Uncharted has always been about). If I sell a game, that does not mean anything. I paid full price, and played every game numerous times and eventually it is time to move on. That is my choice.

The amount of polish is the Uncharted claim to fame. The incredible set pieces and cinematic qualities. The fact that it resembles playing a movie. I would imagine most people couldn't care less about the "story", though being a primarily single player game, it does serve its purpose. People play Mass Effect for the story.

Buying a game brand new, platting it, then selling it back before it loses market value doesn't scream super fan to me. Super fan would probably find some redeemable quality in the so-called "cheap add on MP"... if not only because it's Uncharted. Super fan probably would have Uncharted posters in their bedroom and the collectors edition's proudly on display underneath. Super fan probably wouldn't "move on" after a few months of off and on playing, at least not to the extent of deciding "I'll never play this again".

Not that I really care, it's just you insist on calling yourself that now lol. If it's your choice to not be a "super fan", that's fine... but you know.

Edited by Dreakon139

FUCK NAUGHTYDAWG! PUTTING FREE CONTENT IN MY GAME!!!

I seriously can't believe people are complaining about them adding trophies. If you don't like the multiplayer, then don't play it. But look at it from someone else point of view instead of your own selfish one, you'd realize that this isn't NaughtDog trying to sell their DLC by adding trophies. A lot of the people who play multiplayer have wanted them to add trophies since the beginning, just like Uncharted 2, so NaughtyDog are keeping their fans happy. If you have some sort of problem where you have to have 100%s on every game than deal with it and either suck it up through the multiplayer and get the trophies or don't. But don't insult NaughtyDog for you own complex and realize that YOU aren't the only one who dictates what NaughtyDog does, if they had no demand for multiplayer trophies do you think they'd spend their time making them?

Some pretty selfish people out there...

Parker

• Like 4

The amount of polish is the Uncharted claim to fame. The incredible set pieces and cinematic qualities. The fact that it resembles playing a movie. I would imagine most people couldn't care less about the "story", though being a primarily single player game, it does serve its purpose. People play Mass Effect for the story.

Buying a game brand new, platting it, then selling it back before it loses market value doesn't scream super fan to me. Super fan would probably find some redeemable quality in the so-called "cheap add on MP"... if not only because it's Uncharted. Super fan probably would have Uncharted posters in their bedroom and the collectors edition's proudly on display underneath. Super fan probably wouldn't "move on" after a few months of off and on playing, at least not to the extent of deciding "I'll never play this again".

Not that I really care, it's just you insist on calling yourself that now lol. If it's your choice to not be a "super fan", that's fine... but you know.

Yeah, to be honest, I started using "super-fan" after you mentioned it. I am a huge fan, and love the series and know pretty much what there is to know (barring Golden Abyss as I do not have my Vita yet it is coming though :D ) So following your description I am not a "super-fan", but rather a huge fan. I do not dedicate myself to a single franchise, but to gaming in general, especially FPSs.

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone i know agrees this is the worst game of the series including the vita one bc story is lacking, which isnt surprising bc they added more people to the online team to make it better plus other people from there company are working on the last of us, so you know they weren't going to make this better or last of us wouldn't appeal to anyone. Yet this games online is some of the worst online EVER. Games that start with single player should stay that way!!!!!! Games like bioshock were AMAZING, the 2nd one added online so it took away people working on the story and quality and the game SUCKED, same for ACB and ACR after assassin creed 2 was FANTASTIC, resistance franchise is on life support at best bc it went more toward online when it was a story game which was one of my favorite GAMES EVER!!! Of the games / company that went from story game to online part of there game only dead space 2 didnt SUCK- it was actually good bc they didnt put a lot of time in online and the game was amazing. Uncharted and AC have the worst online EVER and need to let it DIE !!!! And I hope other company see this trend and rather than add a crappy online just make your game that much better. And STOP ADDING ONLINE TROPHIES BC EVERYONE HATES THEM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

I only dont understand 1 thing. The online trophies will be for the DLC or for the game? Because I never buy a DLC pack just for fun or to win trophies, I only buy DLC that are free because DLC should not exist if they want to put trophies and DLC, then why they did not put them all together in the game. I still have U3 but I only go to win trophies if they are not in DLC

Everyone i know agrees this is the worst game of the series including the vita one bc story is lacking, which isnt surprising bc they added more people to the online team to make it better plus other people from there company are working on the last of us, so you know they weren't going to make this better or last of us wouldn't appeal to anyone. Yet this games online is some of the worst online EVER. Games that start with single player should stay that way!!!!!! Games like bioshock were AMAZING, the 2nd one added online so it took away people working on the story and quality and the game SUCKED, same for ACB and ACR after assassin creed 2 was FANTASTIC, resistance franchise is on life support at best bc it went more toward online when it was a story game which was one of my favorite GAMES EVER!!! Of the games / company that went from story game to online part of there game only dead space 2 didnt SUCK- it was actually good bc they didnt put a lot of time in online and the game was amazing. Uncharted and AC have the worst online EVER and need to let it DIE !!!! And I hope other company see this trend and rather than add a crappy online just make your game that much better. And STOP ADDING ONLINE TROPHIES BC EVERYONE HATES THEM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with you because the online stuff is stupid if im premited to say, if the games want to have something more than the story mode, put a multiplayed mode but that multiplayer mode should only for who's playing that game in that PS3, the online games SUCK indeed, I know I'm not best of the gamers in every game, I don't need online games to prove it and DLC for it SUCKS EVEN MORE, but DLC w/ trophies ... well Naughty Dog, I loved the game you make but for only this news you gave, I GOT 2 WORDS FOR YA --> *UCK YOU

I as die-hard Uncharted Multiplayer player am very happy with the update. the MP wasn't so challenging because the highest level was pretty easy to achieve, now with higher ranks and multiplayer trophies there will be more to do. I got all the Uncharted 2 trophies without boosting and I will get the Uncharted 3 trophies too, No matter how hard they are.

• Like 1

OH MY GOD 50 TROPHIES!!!!

Seriously, who is going to buy this will be 1 RETARD MOTHERFUCKER

A ton of people bought the Fortune Hunter Club package, thinking there would be trophies and there weren't. So there are a lot of "retard motherfuckers" out there, I guess.

• Like 3