Project Platinum: General info and leaderboard

xZoneHunter

I dunno man. The thing I'm disliking about these Project Platinums is that we've got to get all Platinums regardless of platform or region. 1+2 reload should only count as the actual 1 and 2 English lists imo.

That's one reason I'm against the Tales of one. I could do all of them except for Vesperia and Innocence R. Sure I could use a guide, but I'd rather understand and enjoy the game first rather than use a guide to stagger my way through.

Yeah, I understand your concern dude, I only ever did Vesperia because there was a whole translation guide for it and I could understand it that way, but until I come across an Innocence R translation guide, I'm not touching it. If it were just the games that were released in English/outside of Japan, it's still possible to become a PP since there's more than 5 games.

Not true actually. The Japanese list is a combination of both 1 and 2 so it would make five.

Oh I didn't know that, but still it's 5 is allowed  :lol:.

Nicely done on the presentation! Very organized. :)

EDIT:

Feel free to use and/or augment these ideas:

1. Naughty Dog: Jak and Daxter, Jak II, Jak 3, Uncharted, Uncharted 2, Uncharted 3, Uncharted Golden Abyss, The Last of Us,

2. Sucker Punch: Sly 1, Sly 2, Sly 3, Sly 4, inFAMOUS, inFAMOUS 2, Second Son, First Light,

3. Insomniac: Ratchet & Clank x8 (x11 if you count Vita ports),

***the above 3 categories can add PS Move Heroes to each***

4. God of War x6 (x9 if you count Vita ports and remaster),

***the above 4 categories can add PSASBR to each and/or change the category to "PS Exclusive"***

5. Square Enix: Tomb Raider, Final Fantasy, Hitman, Deus Ex,

6. Bethesda: Fallout, Skyrim, Dishonored, WET, Wolfenstein,

7. Rockstar: LA Noire, Grand Theft Auto, Red Dead Redemption, Max Payne, car games,

8. Batman Arkham: Asylum, City, Origins, Blackgate, Blackgate port and Knight,

9. Assassin's Creed x8 (x10 if you add port and cross gen).

At this point I'm just naming franchises with many games so, before I go full retard, I'll just make a last stab and say I helped...?

10. Ubisoft: Assassin's Creed, Prince of Persia, Rayman, Splinter Cell, Far Cry, Call of Juarez, Driver San Francisco, Rocksmith,

Car/racing games, war games, EA games, sports games, movie games, board and/or tv show games, music/singing/dancing games,

OMG I gotta stop. :|

You missed the most obvious one: Call of Duty :facepalm:.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

No, no, no...do it right :)

8 Ratchet Games (11 if you count the Vita games), 2 Resistance Games and Fuse :)..*goes to look at all my beautiful Insomniac plats*

I left it with a comma for others to copy and change/add on.

Also, I believe the servers for Resistance 2 were closed so :P

Oh I didn't know that, but still it's 5 is allowed :lol:.

You missed the most obvious one: Call of Duty :facepalm:.

"war games" *admits to emergency room for burn :awesome: Edited by effdeegee

Well I guess some of us will have them all...and others will have to make do with almost all ^_^

I think it would be pretty unfair to these who missed out on the servers that Resistance 2 would be added to a PP. The whole point around the idea is so you can be to earn all platinums in a series.

The five game rule is good, but I'll say a game has to have 5 unique platinums before you can factor in the doubles.

• Like 2

I think it would be pretty unfair to these who missed out on the servers that Resistance 2 would be added to a PP. The whole point around the idea is so you can be to earn all platinums in a series.

The five game rule is good, but I'll say a game has to have 5 unique platinums before you can factor in the doubles.

While I was joking, if you are going to do a series you should include every game there is. It is similar to the other ones as those require you to own 3 different systems to get all the plats. I don't own a PS4 and others don't own Vitas so getting all the Final Fantasy plats or Vocoloid plats is impossible unless you want to buy a new system. That being said I still wouldn't mind joining the FInal Fantasy one despite the fact I will never get the Final Fantasy 14 plat because I don't like MMOs

• Like 1

That's kind of why I wouldn't consider Disgaea or Danganronpa eligible for the rule either. Technically Disgaea has 6 since there are two lists (PS3 and Vita) for 3 and 4. Only 4 unique platinums if you took them away. Danganronpa would have 5 if we counted 1+2 reload once 3 came out but wasting my time and money to play games I've already played with harder to navigate menus sounds like a drag. I wouldn't do it to get my name on some virtual plaque

That's kind of why I wouldn't consider Disgaea or Danganronpa eligible for the rule either. Technically Disgaea has 6 since there are two lists (PS3 and Vita) for 3 and 4. Only 4 unique platinums if you took them away. Danganronpa would have 5 if we counted 1+2 reload once 3 came out but wasting my time and money to play games I've already played with harder to navigate menus sounds like a drag. I wouldn't do it to get my name on some virtual plaque

If the stays as in only the amount of 5 is met(no matter if its doubles) than what would stop someone from making a Sound Shapes PP. It has 6 but it's just one game tho.

I have a few ideas for some PPs that haven't been mentioned yet.

1. Big Three (Bleach/Naruto/One Piece)

Games:

1. Bleach: Soul Resurrection

2. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2

3. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

4. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3

5. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution

6. One Piece: Pirate Warriors

7. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2

8. One Piece Unlimited World Red

9. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3

10. J-Stars Victory VS+

2. Dragon Ball Z

Games:

1. Dragon Ball: Raging Blast

2. Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2

3. Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi

4. Dragon Ball Z Budokai HD Collection

5. Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z

6. Dragon Ball Xenoverse

7. J-Stars Victory VS+

• Like 1

Can we consider a Project Plat of NIS America? Just a suggestion since they did brought both of those games here.. 

If the stays as in only the amount of 5 is met(no matter if its doubles) than what would stop someone from making a Sound Shapes PP. It has 6 but it's just one game tho.

I don't think someone would make Sound Shapes PP lol, it'd be too easy and not as fun. xD

I like those 2 a lot! :D

Edited by Cielle
  • Like 1

I have a few ideas for some PPs that haven't been mentioned yet.

1. Big Three (Bleach/Naruto/One Piece)

Games:

1. Bleach: Soul Resurrection

2. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2

3. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

4. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3

5. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution

6. One Piece: Pirate Warriors

7. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2

8. One Piece Unlimited World Red

9. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3

10. J-Stars Victory VS+

2. Dragon Ball Z

Games:

1. Dragon Ball: Raging Blast

2. Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2

3. Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi

4. Dragon Ball Z Budokai HD Collection

5. Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z

6. Dragon Ball Xenoverse

7. J-Stars Victory VS+

Only thing I would change is taking out J-Stars Victory VS+

Or if you want to really include it, combine both list with J-Star and call it Shonen Jump.

Edited by Suicidal Turtle

Can we consider a Project Plat of NIS America? Just a suggestion since they did brought both of those games here..

Both Danganronpa and Disgaea are too awesome to be grouped together like that. They deserve their own project platinums.

Besides, if we decided to do NIS America that would mean we would have to plat (gasp!) htoL#NiQ -The Firefly Diary-. No... just... no.

Both Danganronpa and Disgaea are too awesome to be grouped together like that. They deserve their own project platinums.

Besides, if we decided to do NIS America that would mean we would have to plat (gasp!) htoL#NiQ -The Firefly Diary-. No... just... no.

If you look at the platinum name of Danganronpa  and VLR , you see some similiaritys =) maybe we put both together and call it PP: Last Rewards ( if you dont want to look it up , i have all of them in my trophy carbinet)

In my opinion Disgaea should include vita + ps3 versions , because vita are overworked and different lists, makes a true prinny fan someone who plats it on vita and ps3 :)

i love the ideas here, im still sleepy so i look through thread again later today :)

Only thing I would change is taking out J-Stars Victory VS+

Or if you want to really include it, combine both list with J-Star and call it Shonen Jump.

I included J-Stars because it has characters from all four series. I already considered combining the lists, but 16 games (and counting) on one list seems a bit much.

I included J-Stars because it has characters from all four series. I already considered combining the lists, but 16 games (and counting) on one list seems a bit much.

16 sounds much but it is a long term goal so it is ok in my opinion . but we will talk about it and let you know .  there are alot of ideas here , nice to see the community together in genre / series threads. :)

In my opinion Disgaea should include vita + ps3 versions , because vita are overworked and different lists, makes a true prinny fan someone who plats it on vita and ps3 :)

They're still the same games with only slightly different lists. The Vita version of 3 is almost completely identical to its console counterpart while the Vita version of 4 only has enough extra content to warrant a handful of trophies. Almost all the others are also on PS3.

The reason I think multi plat platinums shouldn't be allowed is because not everyone has multiple platforms. There are many PS4 users this gen that jumped ship from Xbox and then there are special cases like my PS3 where the disc reader doesn't work. Disgaea 3 is a disc only game so I'm f***ed there unless I pay $60+ to get it repaired.

16 sounds much but it is a long term goal so it is ok in my opinion . but we will talk about it and let you know .  there are alot of ideas here , nice to see the community together in genre / series threads.  :)

I just realized that if I make the category Shonen Jump, I should also add JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle, making it 17 games. At least with such a long list, it's very unlikely that someone will have all 17 platinums before this PP gets approved (I only have 13/17 myself).

They're still the same games with only slightly different lists. The Vita version of 3 is almost completely identical to its console counterpart while the Vita version of 4 only has enough extra content to warrant a handful of trophies. Almost all the others are also on PS3.

The reason I think multi plat platinums shouldn't be allowed is because not everyone has multiple platforms. There are many PS4 users this gen that jumped ship from Xbox and then there are special cases like my PS3 where the disc reader doesn't work. Disgaea 3 is a disc only game so I'm f***ed there unless I pay $60+ to get it repaired.

I really understand what you mean, and i know not everyone can or want buy all 3 platforms, but i still think that these PP should be hard and Platinum rank only for hardcore fans , and hardcore fans play every version of a game.  only excluding in my opinion should be Jp/asia games because of language and import problems in some countrys.

Dont get me wrong i dont want to say that if someone without vita dont deserve to reach PP goals , but ppl with all platforms + all plats on all versions deserve the hardcore fan platinum rank little bit more :) its a hall of fame , not hall of shame :)

Edited by Xionx
  • Like 2

I just realized that if I make the category Shonen Jump, I should also add JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle, making it 17 games. At least with such a long list, it's very unlikely that someone will have all 17 platinums before this PP gets approved (I only have 13/17 myself).

I already have quite a few of the games but yeah, I don't think someone would have all of them by the time it gets approved anyway. xD

How about being a little more creative guys! I want to see some out of the box, wacky ideas!

I'm thinking...

Zombie Apocalypse Project Platinum - Dead Island, Deadrising, The Last of Us, etc.

Mideval Project Platinum - Skyrim, Dragon's Dogma, Dragon Age

Ain't no rest for the wicked Project Platinum - White Knight Chronicles, Disgaea 4, Star Ocean, etc.

Racing Pro Project Platinum - Drive club, Burnout Paradise, GT5, GT6, Project Cars, etc.

I'm just throwing these out as ideas. That's all. I have no intentions of creating a project Platinum at the moment.

• Like 1