Project Platinum: General info and leaderboard

xZoneHunter

So for the leaderboard when we make a change on one if the individual PP threads do we post here too? Or does each PP admin send you a list of people for you to add in on this one?

I will probably ask every creator for an update once a week. Leaderboard is still in the works now but should be up soon. 

• Like 1

I don't trust myself to be able to fully commit and remember to update threads regularly, so I'm just going to throw out some ideas.

• Sly Cooper (This has 5 lists if you include Bentley's Hackpack - although that doesn't have a platinum, so I dunno if it's allowed. You could also count Playstation Move Heroes as a substitute, I guess).
  • Infamous (Same boat as Sly - 1 of the games, Festival of Blood, doesn't have a platinum)
  • Kingdom Hearts (Again, same boat as Sly and Infamous :P )
  • Tomb Raider (Once again... Same boat as Sly, Infamous and Kingdom Hearts)
  • LEGO
  • LittleBigPlanet (The PS3 game and PS Vita game are drastically different)
  • Sonic (I think you need to have at least one non-plat 100% though, so it's in the same boat as... all the rest aside from LEGO and LBP xD )

Sound Shapes! :awesome: I jest, I jest, but it does have 6 lists!

I don't trust myself to be able to fully commit and remember to update threads regularly, so I'm just going to throw out some ideas.

• Infamous (Same boat as Sly - 1 of the games, Festival of Blood, doesn't have a platinum)

To further the Infamous idea, maybe a "Morality" Project Platinum could be done, featuring Infamous and Mass Effect, or even other similar games? I haven't played Mass Effect but I've heard it has good and bad choices with affects the story

To further the Infamous idea, maybe a "Morality" Project Platinum could be done, featuring Infamous and Mass Effect, or even other similar games? I haven't played Mass Effect but I've heard it has good and bad choices with affects the story

I really like this idea, pretty creative!

Yeah, that's true. Mass Effect has Paragon (good/noble) and Renegade (bad/selfish) choices.

Mass Effect definitely fits better with the Dragon Age games than the infamous ones though.

Isn't there something like this in the Prototype games? They seem like a much better fit with Infamous to me.

I was thinking someone could do a first person RPG PP. Fallout, Skyrim, Borderlands, I'm sure there's one or two more that would fit there.

Can I reserve a thread for a game series for the future so when it gets 2 more games (as it only has 3 now) I can then make the thread?

I don't see why not.

Mass Effect definitely fits better with the Dragon Age games than the infamous ones though.

Isn't there something like this in the Prototype games? They seem like a much better fit with Infamous to me.

I was thinking someone could do a first person RPG PP. Fallout, Skyrim, Borderlands, I'm sure there's one or two more that would fit there.

I guess that sounds good. But aren't there a lot of first person RPG's?

Edited by Zone Hunter

I don't see why not.

Alright I reserve Jak and Daxter (this won't happen for quite a long time.. even if the racing installment gets remastered).

Since I can't do the original one I wanted, I was also thinking about doing one for Dragon Ball (since the inFAMOUS, Resistance, Dead Space, and Sonic series do not qualify) :/?

Edited by Mar

Alright I reserve Jak and Daxter (this won't happen for quite a long time.. even if the racing installment gets remastered).

Since I can't do the original one I wanted, I was also thinking about doing one for Dragon Ball (since the inFAMOUS, Resistance, Dead Space, and Sonic series do not qualify) :/?

Dragon Ball is included in my Shonen Jump PP. It should be up by next week.

Dragon Ball is included in my Shonen Jump PP. It should be up by next week.

Noo! D: You can't do this to me! I got nothing else left (seriously I don't)! (Well there is Naruto Storm series and Uncharted series early next year, but with those particular series, I actually know there are better fans out there and who would do a better job than me with those games. I'm actually a huge Dragon Ball fan though and one of the not so many people to have all the games platinums, so i'm actually pretty fit for that one!)

Surely games, not titles, can be duplicated. Because if you think about it, if people do certain grouped together genres or whatever, a lot of options and games will be taken already. Like if someone wanted to do an all Naughty Dog game thing that's all there games included (all Uncharted and Jak and Daxter games and The Last of Us), but then there's also someone who wants to do an all Uncharted thing (Uncharted: GA, DF, AT, DD, ATE) - both contain some of the same games. Same with open world games (inFAMOUS, Prototype, Jak. This would destroy the potential of these games having exclusive group things for their series) or RPG.. if you do RPGs then that excludes all FF games as they will be included in the RPG section, thus you can't do an FF group thing. So this is why im strongly sure this would be fine as long as no actual titles are duplicated, because otherwise a lot.. a lot of potential and ideas would be destroyed. 

Edited by Mar

Noo! D: You can't do this to me! I got nothing else left (seriously I don't)! (Well there is Naruto Storm series and Uncharted series early next year, but with those particular series, I actually know there are better fans out there and who would do a better job than me with those games. I'm actually a huge Dragon Ball fan though and one of the not so many people to have all the games platinums!)

Surely games, not titles, can be duplicated. Because if you think about it, if people do certain grouped together genres or whatever, a lot of options will be taken already. Like if someone wanted to do an all Naughty Dog thing, that's all there games included but then there's also someone who wants to do an all Uncharted thing. Same with open world games or RPG.. if you do RPGs then that excludes all FF games. Im strongly sure this would be fine as long as no actual titles are duplicated. You just have one thing that includes games of its genre, developer, or w/e, and the other thing actually includes the games in the exclusive series of that game.

Naruto is also part of Shonen Jump, just like One Piece ;).

I guess that sounds good. But aren't there a lot of first person RPG's?

Depends on your definition of RPG. If it's just 'get xp and level up' you'd include Far Cry and stuff like that. If you say there has to be actual questing, it would narrow it down quite a bit.

Noo! D: You can't do this to me! I got nothing else left (seriously I don't)! (Well there is Naruto Storm series and Uncharted series early next year, but with those particular series, I actually know there are better fans out there and who would do a better job than me with those games. I'm actually a huge Dragon Ball fan though and one of the not so many people to have all the games platinums, so i'm actually pretty fit for that jon!)

Surely games, not titles, can be duplicated. Because if you think about it, if people do certain grouped together genres or whatever, a lot of options and games will be taken already. Like if someone wanted to do an all Naughty Dog game thing that's all there games included (all Uncharted and Jak and Daxter games and The Last of Us), but then there's also someone who wants to do an all Uncharted thing (Uncharted: GA, DF, AT, DD, ATE) - both contain some of the same games. Same with open world games (inFAMOUS, Prototype, Jak. This would destroy the potential of these games having exclusive group things for their series) or RPG.. if you do RPGs then that excludes all FF games as they will be included in the RPG section, thus you can't do an FF group thing. So this is why im strongly sure this would be fine as long as no actual titles are duplicated, because otherwise a lot.. a lot of potential and ideas would be destroyed. 

Yes ofcourse, you're totally right. And i will allow that, but you can't make a Dragon Ball PP when there is already a Shonen Jump PP. Because all or almost all of the Dragon Ball games will be already in the Shonen Jump PP.

Depends on your definition of RPG. If it's just 'get xp and level up' you'd include Far Cry and stuff like that. If you say there has to be actual questing, it would narrow it down quite a bit.

I guess that would narrow it down. But you'll want to make that clear then since otherwise there will be a lot of "HEY, why isn't X game in this thread" - posts etc..

I wish there would be a Sword Art Online PP 

Those are the ones i could come up with out of my head, might be a few more i guess but not sure.

Fallout 3

Fallout 4 ( coming soon)

Fallout New Vegas

Skyrim

Elderscrolls Online (goodluck lol)

Borderlands

Borderlands 2 (PS3 and PS4)

Borderlands Pre Sequel (PS3 and PS4)

Dead Island

Dead Island 2 (coming in a few months)

Dead Island riptide

Dying Light

I wish there would be a Sword Art Online PP 

I like these although my idea would involve importing but obviously people can still aim for the lower completion tiers for Dengeki Bunko although to start with I will limit it to only franchises represented in Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition and a certain representative character in another series the list of titles will actually be longer by year's end thanks to a certain game series.

• Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax
  • Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition - not released until December
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia   U: Action Unleashed
  • SAO: Hollow Fragment
  • SAO Re: Hollow Fragment
  • SAO: Lost Song
  • Accel World: Ginyoku no Kakusei
  • Accel World: Kasoku no Chouten
  • Ro-Kyu-Bu! Naisho no Shutter Chance
  • Ore no Imouto Konnani Wake ga Nai: Happy End
  • Durarara!! 3way Standoff -alley- V
  • Durarara!! Relay
  • Golden Time: Vivid Memories
  • The Irregular at Magic High School: Out Of Order
  • Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
  • Blanc+Neptune - released later this month
  • Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls - not released until November

This list is probably not going to be all that popular due to the amount of importing most people will need to do but was also the only way I could think for those wanting an SAO platinum project.

Yes ofcourse, you're totally right. And i will allow that, but you can't make a Dragon Ball PP when there is already a Shonen Jump PP. Because all or almost all of the Dragon Ball games will be already in the Shonen Jump PP.

Well, that's a contradiction.The dragon ball example is in the same group as any other group that would attempt to make a group that has the same games as another group already has.

Hm yhea, it does inculde SAO, but it also includes a lot of Japanese games that have no eng subs. Like that Accelworld and Ro Kyu Bu for example. I would have loved to play those if they had subs though.

Wouldn't we all?? Wouldn't we all...

Well, that's a contradiction.The dragon ball example is in the same group as any other group that would attempt to make a group that has the same games as another group already has.

How i see it is that you want to create a PP thread to obtain all of the Dragon Ball Platinums. While Jem already has ALL of those games in the Shonen Jump thread. I don't see the need in creating a Dragon Ball thread then.

It'd be a different story if you'd want to create a thread called Dragon Ball + Call of duty and include all of the Dragon Ball games as well as the Call of duty games. 

It's kind of the reason why i said to be creative at the beginning instead of just naming franchises. Since there will be inconsistencies when someone would want to make Project: Mash Square and include God of War + Dante's inferno + whatever other game that plays like that. Since ultimately then, the original God of War thread shouldn't be allowed to have been made in the first place.

Edited by Zone Hunter

How i see it is that you want to create a PP thread to obtain all of the Dragon Ball Platinums. While Jem already has ALL of those games in the Shonen Jump thread. I don't see the need in creating a Dragon Ball thread then.

It'd be a different story if you'd want to create a thread called Dragon Ball + Call of duty and include all of the Dragon Ball games as well as the Call of duty games. 

It's kind of the reason why i said to be creative at the beginning instead of just naming franchises. Since there will be inconsistencies when someone would want to make Project: Mash Square and include God of War + Dante's inferno + whatever other game that plays like that. Since ultimately then, the original God of War thread shouldn't be allowed to have been made in the first place.

I figured since his PP wouldn't just consist of DB that it'd be fine, because both groups would still be different even if we both have some of the same games because he would have Naruto, Dragon Ball, and others, while I'd only have Dragon Ball.

This is a little complicated. So you're saying you don't like the idea of, for example, an all Killzone PP thread being existent alongside a FPS Playstation Exclusive PP thread (since it would include KZ), but if you simply just added (mehh) I guess Dragon Ball with Killzone, it then now becomes ok for the Killzone and Dragon Ball PP to exist (alongside the FPS PSE PP)?

Another question to. If I wanted to combine two series, one has 3 games (Resistance as an example) and other has 5 (Killzone), that would be ok from what I've got off you? Because the total games included would be over 5 (8), even if one of the two series (Resistance), standalone, does not originally have at least 5 games in the series.

Edited by Mar

This is a little complicated. So you're saying you don't like the idea of, for example, an all Killzone PP thread being existent alongside a FPS Playstation Exclusive PP thread (since it would include KZ), but if you simply just added (mehh) I guess Dragon Ball with Killzone, it then now becomes ok for the Killzone and Dragon Ball PP to exist (alongside the FPS PSE PP)?

Yes, i guess i have made it a little too complicated. But no the Dragon Ball + Cod was just a stupid example. If there was an Playstation Exclusive PP thread which would consist of Uncharted (let's just go with Uncharted) You could make for example a Nolan North PP thread. Which would include Uncharted games, Deadpool, Assassain's creed, and whatever other game he voiced. Both use Uncharted games while being different from each other.

But i agree that if you'd have asked to make a Dragon Ball thread before Jem made his shonen jump requests i would have probably allowed it. Which is why there will be consistencies if someone wants to create a thread with any of the franchises already listed since i can't really shut those down, now can i? And it wouldn't be fair towards you to allow others having a one franchise only PP thread while that franchise is being used in another thread.

Anyway you pointed out something really noteworthy, which hadn't crossed my mind when i created this. I can go either two ways with it. 

• Allow you to make a Dragon Ball PP thread. So we can have One franchise only PP threads as well as multiple franchises combined PP threads. 
  • Once a franchise has been taken it can't be used again for any other PP threads. So Dragon Ball's games will only be listed in Jem's thread.

Since i made this for the PSNP community what do you guys think?

Edited by Zone Hunter