Project Platinum: General info and leaderboard

xZoneHunter

Anyway you pointed out something really noteworthy, which hadn't crossed my mind when i created this. I can go either two ways with it. 

• Allow you to make a Dragon Ball PP thread. So we can have One franchise only PP threads as well as multiple franchises combined PP threads. 
  •  

Since i made this for the PSNP community what do you guys think?

I like the idea of some of them possibly crossing over might make people participate in multiple threads as well as also not forcing people to do multiple franchises if there is a single franchise PP if that is what they'd rather focus on instead.

• Like 1

I might sound biased because I'm the one actually making the Shonen Jump thread, but I vote that once a game is used for one PP, it shouldn't be used again. If you're a fan of DBZ games, you don't need to join two different groups, especially if one of them is solely dedicated to DBZ. Also, there's eventually going to be a leaderboard for these PPs, and I think it would be unfair to count games multiple times towards one's score.

I'd vote that series that have enough games to stand on their own should, and the 'mixed bag' PPs should only involve games that can't stand on their own.

Out of the series I'm using, DBZ is the only series that has 5 or more games. The only way to connect the other series I'm using is by making my PP Shonen Jump. It that sense, it doesn't make sense to leave out DBZ just because it can be by itself.

Yes, i guess i have made it a little too complicated. But no the Dragon Ball + Cod was just a stupid example. If there was an Playstation Exclusive PP thread which would consist of Uncharted (let's just go with Uncharted) You could make for example a Nolan North PP thread. Which would include Uncharted games, Deadpool, Assassain's creed, and whatever other game he voiced. Both use Uncharted games while being different from each other.

But i agree that if you'd have asked to make a Dragon Ball thread before Jem made his shonen jump requests i would have probably allowed it. Which is why there will be consistencies if someone wants to create a thread with any of the franchises already listed since i can't really shut those down, now can i? And it wouldn't be fair towards you to allow others having a one franchise only PP thread while that franchise is being used in another thread.

Anyway you pointed out something really noteworthy, which hadn't crossed my mind when i created this. I can go either two ways with it. 

• Allow you to make a Dragon Ball PP thread. So we can have One franchise only PP threads as well as multiple franchises combined PP threads. 
  • Once a franchise has been taken it can't be used again for any other PP threads. So Dragon Ball's games will only be listed in Jem's thread.

Personally, I would like to keep things as simple as possible. If there are no limits, what would prevent, let's say Uncharted for example, from appearing in 4-5 different PP's? It just seems a little unfair for the same games to count multiple times. Also, some of the suggestions for the "mixed bags" PP's can be pretty convoluted. It's one thing if the connection between the games makes sense, they are similar, and people often identify the franchises with each other. I agree with Hemlak that the mixed bags should usually focus on games that can't meet the requirements on their own. Of course there are exceptions like this Shonen Jump/DB situation. The simplest solution would be to say that a game can only be used once.

However, I can also understand where Mar is coming from. If a game can stand on its' own, it should probably get a PP thread if someone wants to do it. Maybe the best solution is that a game can be used in 1 solo thread and 1 multiple franchise thread. I wouldn't want a game appearing in any more than 2 PP's though at most.

Sorry, I said that I like to keep things simple and then my answer was kind of long and confusing since I see both sides. Basically, I'd probably prefer that a game only be used once but I'd be fine with voting for a 1 solo and 1 combined PP solution. Wouldn't be a fan of seeing a game in 3-5 threads though.

• Like 1

For the main topic. isn't making a series available twice something we already allowed by accepting Shana's Dengeki proposition? =)

Dengeki Bunko PP will contain Nep games which obviously will be/are used in Nep PP (okay, this is a bad abbreviation...) so.. Nep Purojekutto Purachinum.

So unless we change that first, we can't really not allow Mar to make a DB one.

On the other hand, I support the idea of not including game more than once.

Especially if a complete series that would qualify for PP is included in other PP. If we do that, it would affect the future leaderboards Hunter plans to do.

I will return to my Nep + Dengeki PP. Suppose the 2 Neps games would qualify me to bronze tier in Dengeki. That means, I would have 13 points in leaderboard (12 for Nep PP completion and 1 point for bronze tier in Dengeki PP) instead of deserved 12.

Okay this may not seem that critical so let's take the second example we are talking about.

Shounen Jump x DB PPs. DB would have 6 games, that pretty much means at least silver (or maybe even gold) tier in Shounen Jump PP. In that case 14 or even 18! points instead of 12.

That is definitely something that would make leaderboards inaccurate.

Plus, isn't PP's main goal to complete many new series/games? :D Sharing games between PPs is not something that would support this idea =D

Wouldn't we all?? Wouldn't we all...

They play it! Just play it! :D

I wish there would be a Sword Art Online PP 

Well, still not enough games, though.

Unless we count Infinity Moment, it only has 4 with Hollow Realization (5th one) coming in future.

But since we can't count IM, we only have HF, Re and Lost Song =D

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

If a DBZ PP were to be allowed, a Naruto Storm PP would have to be allowed as well in the future when NS UNS4 comes out next year, being the 5th game in the series with a platinum.

Edit: Same with One Piece, as One Piece will have Burning Blood released next year being the 5th game in the series with a platinum too.

Edited by SkyesUnholy

Yes, i guess i have made it a little too complicated. But no the Dragon Ball + Cod was just a stupid example. If there was an Playstation Exclusive PP thread which would consist of Uncharted (let's just go with Uncharted) You could make for example a Nolan North PP thread. Which would include Uncharted games, Deadpool, Assassain's creed, and whatever other game he voiced. Both use Uncharted games while being different from each other.

But i agree that if you'd have asked to make a Dragon Ball thread before Jem made his shonen jump requests i would have probably allowed it. Which is why there will be consistencies if someone wants to create a thread with any of the franchises already listed since i can't really shut those down, now can i? And it wouldn't be fair towards you to allow others having a one franchise only PP thread while that franchise is being used in another thread.

• Once a franchise has been taken it can't be used again for any other PP threads. So Dragon Ball's games will only be listed in Jem's thread.
I think every serie should have his own PP unless a game can have his own PP. For example GTA and Max Payne can't so it would be cool to have them in a "Rockstar Games PP" with all rockstar titles:

-GTA 4

-GTA 5 PS3

-GTA 5 PS4

-L.A.Noire

-Max Payne 3

-Red Read Redemption

-Midnight Club: Los Angeles

Edited by Winston

Personally i'm not really a fan of allowing certain franchises to be stand-alone and mixed because that'll make things complicated and there will always be those odd few which require exceptions. Thus, i'm leaning more towards a more radical choice. Either let franchises be used in multiple PP threads or once a franchise has been used in a PP thread it cannot be used again.

I have added a poll so i can clearly see how everyone stands towards the topic.

Whatever the choice may be i will not cancel any of the threads already existing or listed in the idea section.

Personally i'm not really a fan of allowing certain franchises to be stand-alone and mixed because that'll make things complicated and there will always be those odd few which require exceptions. Thus, i'm leaning more towards a more radical choice. Either let franchises be used in multiple PP threads or once a franchise has been used in a PP thread it cannot be used again.

I have added a poll so i can clearly see how everyone stands towards the topic.

Whatever the choice may be i will not cancel any of the threads already existing or listed in the idea section.

Quick question about the poll. When you say a franchise can be used in multiple threads does that mean an unlimited number? For example, Uncharted could have it's own thread (when UC4 comes out), then be in like 5 other threads like Naughty Dog collection, PS exclusive, Treasure Hunter, etc. If that's the case then it makes my decision an easy one since I think that can get way too complicated.

Quick question about the poll. When you say a franchise can be used in multiple threads does that mean an unlimited number? For example, Uncharted could have it's own thread (when UC4 comes out), then be in like 5 other threads like Naughty Dog collection, PS exclusive, Treasure Hunter, etc. If that's the case then it makes my decision an easy one since I think that can get way too complicated.

An extreme example but yes that can be the case. If i have to allow one thing, i should allow everything. 

I had 2 ideas that came to my mind just now:

Project Atelier (dusk, totori, etc.) and Project Racing (Split/Second, NFS series, Burnout, Gran Turismo, etc.)

Wait so every game in the racing genre isn't that going overboard like somebody going and starting project fighting or project FPS?

Wouldn't it be better to just narrow racers down to kart, arcade, realistic or the different game series?

Wait so every game in the racing genre isn't that going overboard like somebody going and starting project fighting or project FPS?

Wouldn't it be better to just narrow racers down to kart, arcade, realistic or the different game series?

I mean you could do racing PP like , rally games , racing simulations , arcade racing games etc ... but i dont like the idea to do an 20 game list or higher .

And to topic , i vote for every game only once , (except already existing or planned lists)

I had 2 ideas that came to my mind just now:

Project Atelier (dusk, totori, etc.) and Project Racing (Split/Second, NFS series, Burnout, Gran Turismo, etc.)

The Atelier one was the first thing that popped into my mind and I would love to make this one but unfortunately I don't have the requirements to start a PP yet.

And I won't vote because I think it would be best to have stand alone PPs of franchises with enough games, but that isn't an option to pick. I will leave this decision to Zone Hunter as this is his Project.

Edited by Kurorac

What would the Point and Click PP feature? I'm thinking Grim Fandango, Broken Age and King's Quest off the top of my head. Would the rest just be Telltale games?

book of unwritten tales 2 , (i would say monkey island but they dont have plats :( )

*goes to check the opening post and reads the rules*

@Zone Hunter can I be able to start an Atelier PP thread? I've checked the number of Atelier games, and it seems there is enough to start one.

Yes i'll add you to the list.

What would the Point and Click PP feature? I'm thinking Grim Fandango, Broken Age and King's Quest off the top of my head. Would the rest just be Telltale games?

I'd like to make one for point-and-click adventure games  :P The criteria for a game to qualify for said PP is that it must be more of a point-and-click game than just an adventure game and it must have an accessible inventory system: this is so it won't include all the Telltale Games' adventure game versions they make nowadays (though those do have inventories, but you can't look at or use items directly from those), Ether One, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, etc that are more "adventure" than traditional "point-and-click").

I might include some PSN 100% categories there too for the point-and-click games that didn't get platinums (because Syberia alone already deserves all the love).

As I stated in my previous post, I'm for once and over idea so I vote for that.

Project Atelier (dusk, totori, etc.)

While I'm very ureshii you like Totori-chan, Arland is what you wanted to say :D

*goes to check the opening post and reads the rules*

@Zone Hunter can I be able to start an Atelier PP thread? I've checked the number of Atelier games, and it seems there is enough to start one.

You should and do it :P

I want another Platinum tier :awesome:

• Like 1