Project Platinum: General info and leaderboard

xZoneHunter

If each game could be in only one dedicated and one mixed PP I'd vote for that, but less is more, so I'd rather have only one than too many.

If the multiple PPs let game is allowed. There should probably be a rule that a PP admin can only use each game in one PP at a time.

Edited by Hemiak

Don't you think that could lead to some unnecessary conflicts?

Something like "Oh no, my idea is closer to the game! Why does it have to be in PP xxx instead of my?!"

Possibly, which is why I'd advise Zone to put FIRST COME FIEST SERVED!!!! In 48 pt red lettering on the opening page.

If the final decision is to use a game for only one PP, games like NFS should have a own PP and not be included in a genre PP like the racing one. Also in my opinion we shouldn't do genre PP because they would be either ridiculously big( if we put every game in that genre) or incomplete if we put only a few.

What we should be able to do for special cases is a Software House PP. For example every Rockstar game can't be used in a Franchise PP so it would make sense to do a SH PP. I hope everything makes sense.

Edited by Winston

I'm against the idea of Mixed PP because it's going to cause more spam in the forums along with being too complicated to run and having way too many games in the lists.

The games should be kept on only ONE PP and no others. Example would be the DBZ games, if they get their own PP, should NOT appear in that Shounen Jump PP either then.

And Zone Hunter really should consider cancelling some of the PP ideas like the Shounen Jump one for the reasons I listed.

So, here's how this HAS to work:

1. A game will only appear on ONE list and one list ONLY.

2. No mixed, publisher, developer, genre etc PP.

3. PP will be SERIES only.

The rest of the rules set so far are fine.

Going against these rules I listed will cause more problems to the point where the mods might shut them all down for good.

• Like 3

I'm against the idea of Mixed PP because it's going to cause more spam in the forums along with being too complicated to run and having way too many games in the lists.

The games should be kept on only ONE PP and no others. Example would be the DBZ games, if they get their own PP, should NOT appear in that Shounen Jump PP either then.

And Zone Hunter really should consider cancelling some of the PP ideas like the Shounen Jump one for the reasons I listed.

Going against these rules I listed will cause more problems to the point where the mods might shut them all down for good.

The whole PP idea is to motivate ppl and have fun . I would not say to cancel Sounen Jump thread.  Would be unfair in my opinion because jem12345 was one of the first ppl with an idea here. In my opinion mixed lists are cool ideas , as long as DBZ or One piece is not getting another list , why not putting them together?

Dont forget this should be a fun project  , get ppl together . and not seperate them . Dont forget that one piece games or naruto games are not so popular that a own thread would be so interesting ... but combined it lures more ppl in a thread to enjoy similare games together.

• Like 1

I agree with most of what Animae said. I think we could make some exceptions to the Series only rule. zadorvp's point and click PP wouldn't seem to get in the way of anything especially since the games he has in mind will never get sequels or never see 3 games in a franchise.

This is a brilliant solution.

The whole PP idea is to motivate ppl and have fun . I would not say to cancel Sounen Jump thread.  Would be unfair in my opinion because jem12345 was one of the first ppl with an idea here. 

We could just say "from now on" and still have the Shounen Jump :awesome:

Ok so I have created a Project Platinum: Atelier thread.

@Zone Hunter can you be able to check the thread for any typos and what not please?

Niiiiiiiiiiice

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

What would the Point and Click PP feature? I'm thinking Grim Fandango, Broken Age and King's Quest off the top of my head. Would the rest just be Telltale games?

Based on the criteria I set, I typed up the following lists (the qualifying ones may not all be featured in the actual PP, I'm just being thorough-ish). I may be forgetting some games though or may not even know of some...

Platinum:

• Back to the Future: The Game (PS3 or PS4)
  • Broken Age
  • Broken Sword 5 - The Serpent's Curse (PS4)
  • Goosebumps: The Game
  • Grim Fandango Remastered
  • Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments
  • The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 (PS3 or PS4)
  • The Raven: Legacy of a Master Thief
  • The Testament of Sherlock Holmes

100%:

• Back to the Future (5 episodes, PS3 digital)
  • Broken Sword 5 - The Serpent's Curse Episodes 1 & 2 (Vita)
  • Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle
  • King's Quest (PS3 or PS4)
  • Machinarium (PS3 or Vita)
  • Monkey Island games (Special Editons and the season by Telltale Games)
  • Red Johnson's Chronicles
  • Red Johnson's Chronicles: One Against All
  • Sam & Max seasons
  • StrongBad's Cool Game for Attractive People (5 episodes)
  • Syberia 1 & 2
  • The Quiet Collection

Undecided:

• Adventure Time: Finn & Jake Investigations (not out in EU yet so can't yet "experience" it to make a decision)
  • CSI: Fatal Conspiracy (does have an inventory system and is made by Telltale Games)
  • Hidden object games

Definitely Unqualified:

• Actual Sunlight
  • Adam's Venture: Chronicles
  • Beyond Eyes
  • Beyond: Two Souls
  • Blue Toad Murder Files: The Mysteries Of Little Riddle
  • Contrast
  • Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock
  • Doki-Doki Universe
  • Ether One
  • Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
  • Game of Thrones (Telltale Games)
  • Heavy Rain
  • Jacob Jones and the Bigfoot Mystery
  • Jurassic Park (4 episodes)
  • L.A. Noire
  • Life is Strange
  • Magrunner: Dark Pulse
  • MonsterBag
  • Murdered: Soul Suspect
  • NCIS
  • Nelson Tethers: Puzzle Agent
  • Penny Arcade games
  • Pneuma: Breath of Life
  • Stacking
  • Tales from the Borderlands
  • The Cave
  • The Talos Principle
  • The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
  • The Walking Dead
  • The Wolf Among Us
  • Unearthed: The Trail of Ibn Battuta
  • Until Dawn
  • Valiant Hearts: The Great War
  • Whispering Willows
Edited by zadorvp
  • Like 1

I thought we were creating the PP threads on a staggered basis in order of who signed up to create them? (I think it was two a week)

I have double checked the dates of when they were created:

Ratchet & Clank was made yesterday

Metal Gear was made October 3

Hyperdimension Neptunia was made September 28

Now I don't know what is normally considered a week to some, but for me a week starts on a Monday and ends on a Sunday. If we go by this, then it should be ok seeing as I am still within that 2 per week limit.

Now I don't know what is normally considered a week to some, but for me a week starts on a Monday and ends on a Sunday. If we go by this, then it should be ok seeing as I am still within that 2 per week limit.

From the first post: "Suggestions will be processed by sign up date, so first come first served."

• Like 1

Problem is not the 2 per Week rule , thing is that some ppl have little bit higher priority because they signed up earlier . So its little bit unfair to just "ninja" release it .

but now it is up so we cannot change it.

For EVERYONE else with an PP thread idea .  Please wait until your turn is here. we have rules to make it less chaotic. so please stick to the rules and be fair to other ppl.

• Like 3

For EVERYONE else with an PP thread idea .  Please wait until your turn is here. we have rules to make it less chaotic. so please stick to the rules and be fair to other ppl.

On the other hand, Atelier idea was one of the first ones ;)

It's just the one who suggested it could not make it =)

Thus, we can take it as Garcia taking over already suggested idea in place of someone else :awesome:

I thought it was common sense to at least read the OP thoroughly,

Please note that creating and maintaining a PP thread requires some work on your end. So be ready to spend some more time on the forums. Once your request has been processed and approved LastSurvivorD or I will guide you further through PM.

I don't really know what to say... If you'd have waited you would have actually finished your thread. You'd had a banner, custom trophy images. I would have given you the excel spreadsheet so you could fill in your participants scores etc....

Can i remind you that this whole thing is still in its begin stages and it takes a whole lot of work and planning to make everything go smoothly. Everyone creating a thread whenever they like is only going to make things more confusing...

Either way you can leave it up now, no point in locking in. I will send you a PM later with some more information.

Edited by Zone Hunter

For the Shonen Jump idea you could have different levels for each series? like "super saiyan" for doing all the dragon ball games or "straw hat pirate" level also like "hokage" for naruto? You could have these aswell as the overall ones just so people aren't disappointed if individual PP threads aren't allowed to be made for that series :)

Just an idea I thought I'd throw out there :) (Don't know anything about Bleach so I couldn't give an example for it :P)

For the Shonen Jump idea you could have different levels for each series? like "super saiyan" for doing all the dragon ball games or "straw hat pirate" level also like "hokage" for naruto? You could have these aswell as the overall ones just so people aren't disappointed if individual PP threads aren't allowed to be made for that series :)

Just an idea I thought I'd throw out there :) (Don't know anything about Bleach so I couldn't give an example for it :P)

Well, in that case, it would be better to have split ones, lol xD

I thought dividing the leaderboard between different series would be too confusing. Also, it would be unfair if someone got the same amount of points for platting all six DBZ games as someone who only platted JoJo's Bizzare Adventure All-Star Battle. The Shonen Jump leaderboard is going to be categorized by total platinums, but my trophy images feature main characters from all the series I'm using, so no one will be left out.

• Like 1

Well, in that case, it would be better to have split ones, lol xD

But the vote is in favour of not multiple ones and the shonen jump one is already on the wait list? just thought it'd be a nice idea for those who like some of the series but not all of them....

I thought dividing the leaderboard between different series would be too confusing. Also, it would be unfair if someone got the same amount of points for platting all six DBZ games as someone who only platted JoJo's Bizzare Adventure All-Star Battle. The Shonen Jump leaderboard is going to be categorized by total platinums, but my trophy images feature main characters from all the series I'm using, so no one will be left out.

You could always have it as like a badge? no extra points just a little aesthetic something but I understand if you don't want to do it :P sure the PP will be great! it's one i'm definitely looking forward to!

Edit: When I first posted it I completely forgot about the leaderboard so I understand the complications it could create

Edited by m0nst3rG4m3r007

But the vote is in favour of not multiple ones and the shonen jump one is already on the wait list? just thought it'd be a nice idea for those who like some of the series but not all of them....

You could always have it as like a badge? no extra points just a little aesthetic something but I understand if you don't want to do it  :P sure the PP will be great! it's one i'm definitely looking forward to!

Edit: When I first posted it I completely forgot about the leaderboard so I understand the complications it could create

I'll consider doing that. I'm really bad at making badges though (zonehunter made my trophy images after I found the pictures). I'm not sure what they'd be. Maybe I'll use secondary characters. Also, if I do decide to do that, I'll need to figure out what to do about J-Stars Victory VS+.

• Like 1