Far Cry Primal officially revealed with trailer

ShadowStar83x

When I heard the rumors of it I was like "ehh" but then I saw this trailer, this actually looks really cool!

Also, so many games come out February 23rd - Mirror's Edge Catalyst, Deus Ex, and now this! Get your wallets ready! lol

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

I don't understand if its a new far cry or like Blood Dragon?

I think it's a full new release in the series. There are already pictures of box art and some sites have preorder deals with "The Legend of the Mammoth" mission pack. So a physical release and DLC. Sounds more full release to me than a digital expansion like Blood Dragon was.

Plus it is $60.

Edited by MStalker58

When I heard the rumors of it I was like "ehh" but then I saw this trailer, this actually looks really cool!

Also, so many games come out February 23rd - Mirror's Edge Catalyst, Deus Ex, and now this! Get your wallets ready! lol

I guarantee one of these will be delayed in that case. I'd place my money on Mirrors Edge, but Deus Ex seems just as likely to be pushed back.

One of those things you didn't know you wanted until you saw it; there's going to be some epic hunting with a world full of Pleistocene mega-fauna. Far Cry 3 really harped on Jason Brody tapping into his basest instincts to survive, so this is really just going all the way with that theme. One thing: your ass is probably going to have to walk for this game. The domestication of the horse didn't happen until about 4000 B.C.E and most of the animals seen in the trailers were mostly extinct a couple thousand years before then.

• Like 1

I think it's a full new release in the series. There are already pictures of box art and some sites have preorder deals with "The Legend of the Mammoth" mission pack. So a physical release and DLC. Sounds more full release to me than a digital expansion like Blood Dragon was.

Plus it is $60.

Blood Dragon got a disc release as well.

Wonder if they'll have atlatls in the game as a weapon upgrade. Atlatls were the Stone Age answer to a rocket propelled grenade, because you could use one to launch a spear with your arm with nearly 100 mph of velocity and double your normal range. They still sort of have atlatls today, but you can get them at PetSmart and use them to toss tennis balls for your dog. :P

• Like 2

Blood Dragon got a disc release as well.

Did it? I know it was digital only when it was released. I remember reading about a PC physical release, a Redbox rental copy, and it's included in the Far Cry Compilation but I don't remember an actual physical release of just Blood Dragon on either console. Looking on Amazon I don't see any physical copies either.

On a side note, I wonder what they are going to do for radio towers. I'm guessing they will make you climb up a big tree to scout out the surrounding area.

This looks epic!  I love the Far Cry series and it's whole "fish out of water, survive by your wits" theme.  3 did an awesome job of conveying that and of showing Jason Brody's gradual transformation.  I felt 4 was a little weak in that department, story-wise.  I thoroughly enjoyed playing 4, but I felt the writers didn't do as good a job of painting a realistic transformation in Ajay Ghale from "regular joe" to "warrior" and going through that process by the seat of your pants.  Still a great survival-themed game though.  This.  This is clearly following in the footsteps of all the other Far Crys.  A true survival game here.  The setting and time in history is fresh and original for the video game medium.  Prehistoric weaponry.  Makeshift bows and arrows and spears.  And Wooly Mammoths and Sabre-tooths!!  I'm down!

Did it? I know it was digital only when it was released. I remember reading about a PC physical release, a Redbox rental copy, and it's included in the Far Cry Compilation but I don't remember an actual physical release of just Blood Dragon on either console. Looking on Amazon I don't see any physical copies either.

On a side note, I wonder what they are going to do for radio towers. I'm guessing they will make you climb up a big tree to scout out the surrounding area.

I remember seeing physical copies at GameStop but I may or may not be wrong. Whenever I'm in GameStop I never seem to have a chance to just look around at my leisure.