What is the Strongest/Weakest Trophy loadout you have seen in a game?

elfennf

Some games just have better trophy loadout than other games. For example Prince of Persia:the Sands of Time has 16 Trophies (6  Silver, 9 Gold and 1 Platinum). If you compare it with Doom 3 bfg edition it has 66 Trophies. Sounds impressive until you find out there is 64 Bronze trophies, 1 Gold and 1 Platinum. I wonder if this was done with a reason or was just quickly added on.

What are some of the loadout you have come across

A list with 64 bronze trophies doesn't look to me like it was something that was quickly added on. In fact I'd say it was the opposite. It means the developers had so many ideas for trophies that they tried to fit in as many as they could before they reached their limit.

I prefer that sort of thing over an unimaginitive and short list that feels like someone only put in because they had to.

• Like 3

One of the best and fairest trophy lists I've encountered is Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (1 plat, 3 gold, 5 silver, and 42 bronze). Bronze trophies are for easy things, like kill x amount of enemies or buy all things from the store. Silver trophies are for harder challenges, like beating the bosses on Hard of higher without taking damage, and gold trophies require the most time and effort (finish the game on the hardest difficulty with S ranks in all fights and get the gold medal in all challenges).

• Like 1

I think every trophy loadout bad , were the last and hardest trophy is a bronze trophy and some easy story trophies are gold.  Many RPGs have the "hardest" or "longest grindy" trophy as bronze.   In the end i dont care what value an trophy has , when i finish whole list anyways, but it shows sometimes that they dont care about trophies.

I like lists like :

Story -> bronze ,

stuff like "kill boss in under 10 min" -> silver ,

and beat game on hardest difficulty -> gold. 

• Like 1

Sound Shapes anyone? I think we're up to 1 platinum, 1 gold and... 77 Silvers. All Silvers in the game which you get by beating a single level. Most of them being DLC to so your trophy list for this game can actually be below 50% because of all those damn DLC packs...

F***ing sound Sound Shapes man...

• Like 1

Full lists of bronzes make me cry.

Also unfair trophy values suck, for example the trophy for 5 star-ing every song on Extreme in DJ Hero 2 is bronze. Wtf?

What about Minecraft PS4/PS VITA? Entering the boss fight is a gold trophy and beating it only a bronze :dunno:

27L26d041.png

:gold: The End?

Enter an Ender Portal

28Lcc8efe.png

:bronze: The End.

Kill the Ender Dragon

• Like 3

What about Minecraft PS4/PS VITA? Entering the boss fight is a gold trophy and beating it only a bronze :dunno:

27L26d041.png

:gold: The End?

Enter an Ender Portal

28Lcc8efe.png

:bronze: The End.

Kill the Ender Dragon

That seems like a weird choice xD they're both golds in the PS3 release so I guess they had to change values, you'd have thought it'd be the other way round though...

Sound Shapes anyone? I think we're up to 1 platinum, 1 gold and... 77 Silvers. All Silvers in the game which you get by beating a single level. Most of them being DLC to so your trophy list for this game can actually be below 50% because of all those damn DLC packs...

F***ing sound Sound Shapes man...

This, so much this.

Personally I'm against the recent trend of 'strong' trophy loadouts, games that only have 20 or 30 trophies for the platinum meaning most of the trophies are gold and silver and aren't overly hard. Recent examples that I've played include Goat Simulator and The Order 1886 which are very short games and understandable for mostly gold and silver but I still don't like it. Others include Sherlock Holmes: Crime & Punishments, Apotheon and Transistor. I'd like to see more games with around 50 trophies made up of 1 or 2 gold, 4 or 5 silver and the rest are all bronze. Granted it comes down to what games you play but I don't choose to play games based on what trophies it has.

• Like 1

Disgaea 4 and Disgaea D2 both offered a strong, rewarding list. However, the trophy for getting an item to LV300 was sooo not worth a Bronze for the amount of luck and patience involved....

Another i can mention is Trinity Universe; the trophy escalated along with the trophy grade, like killing 100 enemies (bronze), 500 (silver) and 1000 (gold) and so on. And yet, the Silver trophy for getting a 1m Evo points isn't worth a silver grade.....drifting 100 dungeons wasn't harder than those evo points....

In my opinion for the games I have played. I think the weakest would be Terminator Salvation's since there is no depth to the trophies and it just requires you to beat the game. The strongest would be ether Fallout 3 or New Vegas which 3 has 7 gold 24 silver and 41 bronze (with DLC) and New Vegas has 6 gold 22 silver and 47 bronze. 

• Like 1

A list with 64 bronze trophies doesn't look to me like it was something that was quickly added on. In fact I'd say it was the opposite. It means the developers had so many ideas for trophies that they tried to fit in as many as they could before they reached their limit.

I prefer that sort of thing over an unimaginitive and short list that feels like someone only put in because they had to.

Agreed. Mamorukun Curse is similar, and I think that the trophies in that game are quite nice.

For me, a strong loadout is one that makes me want to get the trophies, and a weak one is one that doesn't. 

The weakest is definitely Trine 2 for me. Few trophies, for bland things, and nothing that requires you to actually play the game to completion (or even close, for that matter). A close second is Star Ocean: The Last Hope. Numerous missables, and rewards for mundane activities (and at times, complete incompetence).

The strongest is probably Dragon Age: Inquisition. That list should be Trophies 101 to anyone making an RPG.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 2

Just using my trophy collection as a reference....

Tears to Tiara II has 57 trophies.... and 51 of them are bronze.  And you get 45 of them just for playing through the entire story.  Most of the rest aren't too tedious to accumulate, but you have a few trophies that take substantial amounts of grinding.  Probably why it's such a rare plat, I gather.

On the other extreme?  Last Rebellion has 19 trophies:  9 gold, 7 silver, 2 bronze.... and you get most of them just for playing through the entire story (which isn't very long).  Most of the gold trophies can be gotten in a half hour's work after that, for finding a couple of (not very well hidden, nor very difficult) optional monsters and beating them to a pulp.