How long do you plan on letting false times stand exactly?

Injustice US verison - PS4

Fastest time: 9 hours 27 minutes.  https://psnprofiles.com/100-club/2258-Injustice-Gods-Among-Us-Ultimate-Edition

Victim of the ever ilusive trophy glitch? No.
He cheated for his fastest time.

How? He exploited the ps plus cloud.

He earned the unmissable trophies first, level 10, 100 star lab stars and so on, then got to, for example 719 star lab stars and level 99 then put his save on the cloud.

Your Multiplayer stats and level are linked to your save not the server.
He then deleted his account off of his ps4 without syncing the trophies.

He then re adds his account and does all of the basic and unmissable trophies.
Does story mode, ultimate battler, level 10 and 100 star lab stars and so on; then grabs his save from the cloud and earns the last star lab star and level 100.

And that is how a 50 hour platinum game if you're absolutely perfect at it, was done in 9 hours.

He's a cheater with a false time.

But his time is allowed to stand because reasons?

He's not a hacker but his fastest time should be removed from the leaderboard.

As should the knack and infamous fastest times.

Granted they didn't cheat like the injustice guy did but their times are still false.

Surely there's a way for psnp to not class them a hacker and hide their false times?

Sounds like good trophy-speedrun strats to me! ;)

Like you said, using cloudsaves to tweak your times is not cheating and everyone is free to do that. So i'm not really sure if something has to be done here?!

You already laid out the plan how exactly to do it, so why don't you just use it and get a better time than this guy if it bothers you that much? ;)

• Like 1

How is cloud saving okay? That's literally cheating lol.
If that kind of cheating is allowed then fallout 3 is doable in 4 hours.

He's deleting his starting point/first trophy to fake his time... that's cheating.
I don't understand how you can't see that?

And even if he did cheat, then calm your tits, become a Premium Member, and report him.

You can't report ps4 times.

Edited by imagineSM
  • Like 1

How is cloud saving okay? That's literally cheating lol.

If that kind of cheating is allowed then fallout 3 is doable in 4 hours.

He's deleting his starting point/first trophy to fake his time... that's cheating.

I don't understand how you can't see that?

You can't report ps4 times.

i _partly_ agree that using cloud saves is basically the same as "save hacking", but instead of using other people's saves you are using your own, which makes it - in my opinion - legit.

if you are into trophy-speedrunning than this is basically a very legit and valid strategy to "optimize" your times.

and if your are into it, the time to do it is NOW! ;)

because as soon as the ps4 is hacked like the ps3 and you can use other people's saves, you can't possibly expect anyone to believe that you jumped through all those hoops only to make a fast, almost illegitimate looking, trophy time on a ps4 game! so do it now, while it's considered legit. (edit: plus you can't flag ps4 games even if you want to right now, like already mentioned)

i talked about that topic with the current #1 fastest achiever of TLOU:Remastered somewhere in a thread there, because i would like to do a trophy-speedrun of that game, using exactly the methods you described, sometimes in the future perhaps. but since some people obviously shout "hacker" immediately, i'm not really sure yet ... 

Edited by dernop
  • Like 1

i _partly_ agree that using cloud saves is basically the same as "save hacking", but instead of using other people's saves you are using your own, which makes it - in my opinion - legit.

if you are into trophy-speedrunning than this is basically a very legit and valid strategy to "optimize" your times.

and if your are into it, the time to do it is NOW! ;)

because as soon as the ps4 is hacked like the ps3 and you can use other people's saves, you can't possibly expect anyone to believe that you jumped through all those hoops only to make a fast, almost illegitimate looking, trophy time on a ps4 game! so do it now, while it's considered legit. (edit: plus you can't flag ps4 games even if you want to right now, like already mentioned)

i talked about that topic with the current #1 fastest achiever of TLOU:Remastered somewhere in a thread there, because i would like to do a trophy-speedrun of that game, using exactly the methods you described, sometimes in the future perhaps. but since some people obviously shout "hacker" immediately, i'm not really sure yet ... 

No it's cheating, there's no two ways about this.

He deleted his first trophy...

Your run time starts at your first trophy.

He's deleted his first trophy; so he's cheating.

Until Dawn is done in 2 hours

Here's why, there's no trophy for just completing the game.

There's only trophies for completing the game under specific conditions.

So you can complete the game without earning your first trophy then earn the all of the trophies via chapter select.

Loads of games have the fastest times like that.

Trine 2 ps3 for example.

That's legit because they're earning every trophy in the fastest time possible with the first trophy being the start of the timer.

The run time is from first trophy until last.

That's legit and completely acceptable imo.

This guy is deleting his first trophy.

Thus resetting the timer 90% in.

He's essientally completing a 100m sprint in 1.3 seconds because he reset the timer 95 meters in.

That's cheating.

If he set it up so he earned all trophies in 9 hours, I'd be fine with it.

But he's earning trophies 50 hours before his "first" trophy.

That's a disgrace to speedrunning and defeats the point of speed running entirely.

You can't be fan of speedrunning and agree with this bullshit.

Edited by imagineSM

[...]

That's a disgrace to speedrunning and defeats the point of speed running entirely.

ok, just for the sake of an argument/discussion:

i got a second (offline) ps4... so i do everything on the backup ps4 and once everything is set up, transfer the save via usb to my main, online ps4 to pop the trophies there.

this way i'm not "deleting" trophies anymore, they just never sync, because they are on my offline ps4... unlucky me :( 

and i think even if i'd ever sync my offline ps4 afterwards, the first synced timestamp wins and won't be changed back!

and about the "disgrace" to speedrunning: it's not really speedrunning, that's a very own sport and there are rules etc.

you'd have to capture the whole run from start to finish for it to count, anyways.

this is about _trophy-speedrunning_, where it's all about getting the trophies as fast as legitimately possible. and strategically using backup saves for that, is in my opinion a legitimate strategy to achieve exactly that!

tbh i don't really know why i get so involved in this topic, because i don't really do "trophy speedruns" and it really doesn't matter much to me.

this is just my very own, objective opinion on that matter.

They won't, but I just did it on Injustice.

I just spent 15 minutes getting to level 9 then deleted my account off of my ps4.

I had gotten other trophies before I hit level 10 but anyway i re-added my account on my ps4 and downloaded the save and went on Injustice.

I then got to level 10 and now my first trophy is level 10...

The trophies I had earned before deleting my account didn't pop when I loaded my save. 

So all of the trophies I had earned were gone and my first trophy was level 10.

You can do that with level 100 and have that as your first trophy.

Which is retarded.

"where it's all about getting the trophies as fast as legitimately possible."

k, do you class soundshapes in 3 seconds a trophy speed run?

By your own logic you should.

Until Dawn is done in 2 hours

Here's why, there's no trophy for just completing the game.

There's only trophies for completing the game under specific conditions.

So you can complete the game without earning your first trophy then earn the all of the trophies via chapter select.

Loads of games have the fastest times like that.

Trine 2 ps3 for example.

That's legit because they're earning every trophy in the fastest time possible with the first trophy being the start of the timer.

The run time is from first trophy until last.

That's legit and completely acceptable imo.

This guy is deleting his first trophy.

Thus resetting the timer 90% in.

He's essientally completing a 100m sprint in 1.3 seconds because he reset the timer 95 meters in.

That's cheating.

If he set it up so he earned all trophies in 9 hours, I'd be fine with it.

But he's earning trophies 50 hours before his "first" trophy.

You know, if this were a PS3 thread everyone would be yelling 'cheater' and 'hacker', but because its PS4 and you called this out before they could think to do so, they're playing the 'it's no big deal' card.  I don't see how the same people who crucify suspected cheaters with no evidence in every new thread on the subject have no problem with someone manipulating their profile and trophy count to give the illusion of a better speed run time.  I mean that is what it is, trophy manipulation.  I see threads every so often where someone played a game on a different PS3 and when the trophies synced the timestamps all matched, and despite everyone in the thread admitting that's a real thing that can happen, they all still call the guy a cheater.  Yet here, someone obviously manipulates their saves and their trophies by deleting trophies before sinking to then re-earn at a later date when they choose, and that's somehow not a big deal?  Yeah, Ok...

Don't get me wrong, I don't care if other people do this shit or not, I can only hold myself to higher standards in my trophy hunting, I just find the contradictory stances - from the same group of people on arguably the same level of trophy exploitation as hacking - to be laughable.

You know, if this were a PS3 thread everyone would be yelling 'cheater' and 'hacker', but because its PS4 and you called this out before they could think to do so, they're playing the 'it's no big deal' card.  I don't see how the same people who crucify suspected cheaters with no evidence in every new thread on the subject have no problem with someone manipulating their profile and trophy count to give the illusion of a better speed run time.  I mean that is what it is, trophy manipulation.  I see threads every so often where someone played a game on a different PS3 and when the trophies synced the timestamps all matched, and despite everyone in the thread admitting that's a real thing that can happen, they all still call the guy a cheater.  Yet here, someone obviously manipulates their saves and their trophies by deleting trophies before sinking to then re-earn at a later date when they choose, and that's somehow not a big deal?  Yeah, Ok...

Don't get me wrong, I don't care if other people do this shit or not, I can only hold myself to higher standards in my trophy hunting, I just find the contradictory stances - from the same group of people on arguably the same level of trophy exploitation as hacking - to be laughable.

Yeah the hypocrisy is hilarious to be honest.

A cheater is a cheater unless you cheat on the ps4, then it's fine.

Popping trophies in 5 minutes via saves is "hacking"... unless you made the saves yourself then it's k.

psnprofiles is where trophy hunting goes to die, apparently.

Edited by imagineSM

"where it's all about getting the trophies as fast as legitimately possible."

k, do you class soundshapes in 3 seconds a trophy speed run?

By your own logic you should.

ok, i'll admit you got me there, because i don't consider autopops as trophy-speedruns, of course.

but that is really a very small exception, because there are not THAT many games with autopop!

to be honest i even _hate_ to have that stupid 6s soundshapes as my "fastest platinum" achievement on PSNP and it should really show the fastest "non autopop" platinum there (*cough* feature request *cough*)

but i like the discussion and fortunately you seem like a reasonable guy. most people who just created a new account to talk about something that they dislike, would've started throwing around insults by now... so thank you for not being "that guy" :)

ok, i'll admit you got me there, because i don't consider autopops as trophy-speedruns, of course.

but that is really a very small exception, because there are not THAT many games with autopop!

to be honest i even _hate_ to have that stupid 6s soundshapes as my "fastest platinum" achievement on PSNP and it should really show the fastest "non autopop" platinum there (*cough* feature request *cough*)

but i like the discussion and fortunately you seem like a reasonable guy. most people who just created a new account to talk about something that they dislike, would've started throwing around insults by now... so thank you for not being "that guy" :)

I don't either and I too would like that.

It is the same thing here by the way.

Except he's created his own semi-autopopping with the cloud.

It's called hacking on the ps3 but it's called legit on the ps4. ;)

They manipulated their own save through the cloud storage to their advantage. They didn't cheat any of their trophies. Yes, it does mean people legitimately speedrunning the game can feel hard done by that their time was bettered by cloud storage, but there is nothing wrong in the sense whatsoever.

PSNProfiles is doing nothing wrong by acknowledging the person as the fastest time, because as a matter of fact, they do have the fastest time whether any of us like it or not

They manipulated their own save through the cloud storage to their advantage. They didn't cheat any of their trophies. Yes, it does mean people legitimately speedrunning the game can feel hard done by that their time was bettered by cloud storage, but there is nothing wrong in the sense whatsoever.

PSNProfiles is doing nothing wrong by acknowledging the person as the fastest time, because as a matter of fact, they do have the fastest time whether any of us like it or not

You don't get it do you?

With this "legit method" I could hypothetically get level 100 as my first trophy and level 10 as my last.

It's called hacking on the ps3 btw...

But on PS4 according to you it's legit.

Good to know I guess.

"PSNProfiles is doing nothing wrong by acknowledging the person as the fastest time, because as a matter of fact, they do have the fastest time whether any of us like it or not"

You could literally say that about every trophy hack ever.

Well the hackers on the ps3 do "technically" have the fastest time, sure they did fallout 3 in 2 mnutes... but hey psnp is doing nothing wrong by acknowledging it as the fastest time.

facepalm.jpg

Edited by imagineSM

...but all they did was manipulate the cloud server to their advantage (I'm repeating myself). You can't hack the PS4...

Those people would eventually get flagged anyway, and they'd only get their flag removed if they provided proof it was legit

"It's called hacking on the PS3

But on PS4 according to you it's legit" - last time I checked, it's legit according to Sony if it's done on PS4, because they built their own system for people to only use their own save files.

Because you don't like the way they gone about their manipulation of their own save file, you're going to disregard the fact that they earned their progress to do it in the first place?

"PSNProfiles is doing nothing wrong by acknowledging the person as the fastest time, because as a matter of fact, they do have the fastest time whether any of us like it or not" I thought it was obvious I that I meant it referring to the PS4

Because you don't like the way they gone about their manipulation of their own save file, you're going to disregard the fact that they earned their progress to do it in the first place?

i think that's the most important point right there!

basically you only have to distinguish (in terms of "trophy hacking") if they actually earned those trophies themselves by playing the game and making strategic saves, or they simply downloaded a save from the internet.

if you made the game progress yourself, you earned the trophy. no matter when or how you actually pop/sync it, imho.

*edit*:

*opens the door, get in to the room and shout:*

If this is cheating or hacking.... so is the 9 sec plats on Sound Shape!

*leaves the room to go play some Hanna Montana...*

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

i did it in 6, hah! *slamsdoor* ;)

Edited by dernop
  • Like 1