crysis 2 did they ever fix server

demonviper666

If people are still getting online trophies then the servers must still be up. From memory at the time i got my level 50 trophy something happened to the servers (don't ask me what) which made boosting much much faster. It was the original boosting method that was patched and then somehow unpatched. So in this case the servers stuffing up was a good thing.

Just read an article it was the PC severs that shut down 

If people are still getting online trophies then the servers must still be up. From memory at the time i got my level 50 trophy something happened to the servers (don't ask me what) which made boosting much much faster. It was the original boosting method that was patched and then somehow unpatched. So in this case the servers stuffing up was a good thing.

Just read an article it was the PC severs that shut down

The servers are still up, it's just getting on them is the problem. Every time you go to multiplayer it freezes on initialising squad screen. Edited by Banana_Sausage47
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I actually have a theory about the Crysis 2 servers. For most of the world, they don't allow players to access it, as the game will freeze when selecting the option just to even multiplayer. However, I've done some digging, and it looks like the few people I've found that can actually access it without needing to be invited are those who live in Australia and New Zealand, and if not just there, then just certain parts of the world can only access the multiplayer still. Most of the people I've seen who are in need of boosting this game are Americans, Europeans, and Asians, and none of them can access it. I don't think it matters what version of the game you own, whether it be standard, limited, or maximum, because there's an inconsistent spread of people who have different versions of the game everywhere and it just doesn't match up. I'm going to ask some people to test this theory for me and see if we can come to a better conclusion about these fucked up servers.

• Like 3

I actually have a theory about the Crysis 2 servers. For most of the world, they don't allow players to access it, as the game will freeze when selecting the option just to even multiplayer. However, I've done some digging, and it looks like the few people I've found that can actually access it without needing to be invited are those who live in Australia and New Zealand, and if not just there, then just certain parts of the world can only access the multiplayer still. Most of the people I've seen who are in need of boosting this game are Americans, Europeans, and Asians, and none of them can access it. I don't think it matters what version of the game you own, whether it be standard, limited, or maximum, because there's an inconsistent spread of people who have different versions of the game everywhere and it just doesn't match up. I'm going to ask some people to test this theory for me and see if we can come to a better conclusion about these fucked up servers.

Kudos that man for following this up!

I've got three people who I can hopefully queue up to test this, and that's honestly probably the best it's going to be. A direct conclusion won't be made entirely, as I don't think any of us work for EA and know what the fuck's going on over there and we don't have a great enough sample size to test from. The best thing we can do as a combined effort is to compile a list of Australian and New Zealand gamers from all over, ask them to pick up a copy of Crysis 2, and have them help us test it out, but that's highly unlikely to happen. So, even if this procedure gets positive results, it will still probably remain a theory, due to the small sample size.  

It looks like that after PC servers were shut down, the hackers got pissed off and hacked the PS3 servers to only run on a strict internet connection NAT Type 3. There may be more to that. I don't know. Not many people have NAT Type 3 so that's why not many people can get into multiplayer. Keep in mind, anybody having NAT Type 3 will have a lot of connection problems as far as doing anything online because the connection is significantly reduced. As far as EA or Crytek not doing anything about it, I think they tried to find out at least what the main problem was and they either couldn't find it or don't want to admit that Crysis 2 is hacked and they have no access or control over it now.

It looks like that after PC servers were shut down, the hackers got pissed off and hacked the PS3 servers to only run on a strict internet connection NAT Type 3. There may be more to that. I don't know. Not many people have NAT Type 3 so that's why not many people can get into multiplayer. Keep in mind, anybody having NAT Type 3 will have a lot of connection problems as far as doing anything online because the connection is significantly reduced. As far as EA or Crytek not doing anything about it, I think they tried to find out at least what the main problem was and they either couldn't find it or don't want to admit that Crysis 2 is hacked and they have no access or control over it now.

Where did you read this? Props to you for finding this information as this might be valuable, or it just could be random luck again to access the servers, who the hell knows.

And yeah, I tried searching everywhere for trying to change your NAT type to 3, but literally every site and forum I found gives instructions for fixing it to open, or 2, rather than strict, which pisses me off. The best thing to do is to probably go on one of those forums and post a question of how to change it to being strict, and see if the PC gurus can solve the issue for you. I sure as hell don't know anything about routers and IP addresses, but they should know how to do it, even though nobody wants to do it.

Where did you read this? Props to you for finding this information as this might be valuable, or it just could be random luck again to access the servers, who the hell knows.

And yeah, I tried searching everywhere for trying to change your NAT type to 3, but literally every site and forum I found gives instructions for fixing it to open, or 2, rather than strict, which pisses me off. The best thing to do is to probably go on one of those forums and post a question of how to change it to being strict, and see if the PC gurus can solve the issue for you. I sure as hell don't know anything about routers and IP addresses, but they should know how to do it, even though nobody wants to do it.

http://netnix.org/2011/09/06/understanding-ps3-nat/

I'll have to disagree with my last conclusion. At the bottom of "road map" in trophy guide here you will see him say NAT Type 3 is the answer but no information to back up that statement. http://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/crysis-2/guide/  I messaged one of the players that can access the multiplayer and he said that he has NAT Type 2 and he thinks that his Western Digital hard drive upgrade helps him run games differently so that's why he can access this glitchy multiplayer load screen.

Just tested out a brand new unopened copy of Crysis 2 with a 5400 rpm HDD, Greatest Hits Disc Version, using I believe NAT type 2, uninstalled the game and save data, reinstalled everything and nothing. There's that test done. No point in time for now will I pick up a better HDD, but if it means that I can access the online, then I'll spend the money. Also, I'm not going to fuck with my NAT type and close ports on my router, as my dad's already got our WiFi set up and he doesn't want me fucking with it, but props to IT_BURNS_LOL or anyone else who can change their NAT type to 3 to test these server issues.

• Like 2

Well, I put the same hard drive as the guy that can get in multiplayer and I still can't get into multiplayer. A Western Digital Scorpio Blue 5400rpm hard drive. The only thing that I didn't try yet that he is set up with is a proxy server with mac address limitations or using a PS3 Slim. All my PS3s are Super Slims.

I'm thinking the problem has something to do with mycrysis.com no longer existing. If you try and go there, you will be redirected to crysis.com. So theoretically if you could block the mycrysis.com or crysis.com websites through your modem settings, it might work.

• Like 1

Taliesin_2943 Please tell me anything about your internet connection and settings that may reveal why you are connecting in a multiplayer where a lot of players are not. Do you use a proxy server or have high firewall settings within your modem settings? Do you have NAT Type 1 or NAT Type 2 or NAT Type 3 internet connection? Do you use WIFI or ethernet cable? Do you use a digital download game copy or a physical disk? Any high privacy settings that would prevent the crysis.com website from accessing your profile information while loading the multiplayer?

IT_BURNS_LOL, did you already tried to join the game throught a VPN conection? I've read that some countries like (Australia), can join normally the game. I didn't tried yet, had no time for this. I expect to do in this week. but, I've tried to connect with 4G connection, but didn't work.

Taliesin_2943, if possible, please give us more information about your connection. I'm from south america, and the game freezes too. It's a digital copy of crysis 2.

And sorry for my bad english :facepalm: