We Play Tales of Symphonia

This Checkpoint is the last one. We have to finish the game. So go ahead and have fun :D

Awesome! I ended up getting so into it the last time I played that I went waaay past the previous checkpoint so this is good news xD

My aim is to complete Symphonia today, although I'm not sure if that's possible. I'm currently

on my way back to heimlein (I think it's called that, if I'm completely wrong it's the elven town in Ymir forest!) and I'll be making my way towards Kratos so I can fight him and possibly get Origin on my side

Before I go further story wise though I'm trying to get everyone to at least 10 titles and I'm seeing if there are any other trophies I can grab. I have all recipes bar a few, all devils arms (with powers still locked because I need to wait a few more levels before I can try that again xD) and my collector's book is getting there in terms of completion but I'm not too worried since it'll take a couple more playthroughs to get all of that. Fingers crossed I can complete the story today!

• Like 1

Update
I went to the Tower of Salvation, again.
I kicked a lot of butts.
I got lost in Torent Forest (still missing a chest from there)
I explored Derris Kharlan.
I went back to Welgaia.
I checked out Vinheim.

And now I'm literaly standing in front of the final boss' door.

I want to obtain as many titles as possible to make my later playthroughs easier so I've been spending time to get titles and items / monsters to complete the lists.
I don't think I'll go beat the final boss yet as there is a lot of grinding to do.

Number of titles :
Lloyd : 12/28
Genis : 9/21
Zelos : 7/17
Regal : 8/16
Kratos : 4/11

Colette : 14/22
Raine : 12/19
Presea : 6/16
Sheena : 9/18

Total : 81/168

• Like 1

Hey everyone! I officially finished my Symphonia run for the We Play yesterday, but I've been pretty busy so I couldn't post until now. 

For those who may not know, I obtained the platinum for this game shortly after joining this We Play, but since I knew I'd get it quickly and I wanted to stick around for the whole thing, I started a NG+ on Mania mode but without any Grade Shop purchases (excluding inheritance for memory circles, I wanted to give myself at least comfort to save xD

The run was one for basics, but Mania mode had me stopping to grind some levels several times. Luckily, I know the game like the back of my hand, so I've been able to make smooth-ish progress until beating it. 

I have always been a fan of Symphonia and I'm glad to have taken part of this event, I'm sorry I couldn't give some more tips on the latest checkpoints, but my schedule has been crazy these past couple of months. I'll stick around in case someone has questions or needs tips, although all of us here are Symphonia pros by now :highfive: (plus the site has an amazing trophy guide)

To those still on their way to the end, enjoy!! :D

• Like 3

I've beaten the Latheon Gorge and its boss, meet Zealos' sister, got my ass kicked by Kratos. I'm currently in Welgaia and my party are at level 60.

I'm not gonna advance in the story yet, I still need to do more grinding, see affinity scenes, and find those demonic weapons. Will update my progress soon.

• Like 2

Hey everyone! I officially finished my Symphonia run for the We Play yesterday, but I've been pretty busy so I couldn't post until now. 

For those who may not know, I obtained the platinum for this game shortly after joining this We Play, but since I knew I'd get it quickly and I wanted to stick around for the whole thing, I started a NG+ on Mania mode but without any Grade Shop purchases (excluding inheritance for memory circles, I wanted to give myself at least comfort to save xD

The run was one for basics, but Mania mode had me stopping to grind some levels several times. Luckily, I know the game like the back of my hand, so I've been able to make smooth-ish progress until beating it. 

I have always been a fan of Symphonia and I'm glad to have taken part of this event, I'm sorry I couldn't give some more tips on the latest checkpoints, but my schedule has been crazy these past couple of months. I'll stick around in case someone has questions or needs tips, although all of us here are Symphonia pros by now :highfive: (plus the site has an amazing trophy guide)

To those still on their way to the end, enjoy!! :D

That's awesome! I can't even imagine defeating the final boss in Mania mode right now!

Keep up the good work, NullRay85!

Since I've obtained most of the titles available, I've decided to move on and test my brand new weapons on the final boss.

I'm now done with my 1st playthrough! (That CG at the very end is awful, seriously, who drew that?)

I'll still follow this topic to get news from everyone who played along!

And though I want to keep playing ToS until I get that plat, I'll be happy to join the Let's play of Dawn of a New World. I've never played it and I'm kinda curious about it.

• Like 2

Completely forgot to post this here, but I completed the story a few days ago!   :dance:  Wouldn't say it's my favourite Tales game (to be fair this is only the 4th one I've played so that holds little to no weight xD) but I enjoyed it for the most part!

At some point I want to go back and level up some more (especially for Regel and Presea since I have to reach level 80 to get their best weapons) and try to get my Devil's Arms unlocked but I'm not sure when I'll get around to that since I'm trying to focus on ARSLAN for now.

Good luck to the rest of you who are still going! :D

• Like 2

Congrats on finishing ToS, Kittyxiii!

Tales of Symphonia is not my favourite Tales either, I prefer Vesperia and Xillia :)

I went through the topic again to see who is still playing the game and this is the last update for each member :

Have completed the We Play :

- Kittyxiii

- Kurorac

- Omar

- PoupiMyu

Have been last seen :

- NullRay85 (checkpoint 7)

- xhillia (checkpoint 6)

- WidthOfACircle (checkpoint 5)

- sweetcoop (checkpoint 5)

- Kyomi-Okami (checkpoint 4)

- minedcoolperson (checkpoint 1)

- zone hunter (checkpoint 1)

I know you're still playing and posting on this forum, NullRay85. However, I don't know about the others.

We haven't seen Superbuu3 for a while now too, he must be busy IRL.

Are people still interested in playing Dawn of a New World? If Superbuu3 is okay with it, we could probably create a We Play ourselves, what do you guys think?

Edited by PoupiMyu
  • Like 1

Tales of Symphonia is not my favourite Tales either, I prefer Vesperia and Xillia :)

I went through the topic again to see who is still playing the game and this is the last update for each member :

- Kittyxiii

- Kurorac

- Omar

- PoupiMyu

Have been last seen :

- xhillia (checkpoint 6)

I know you're still playing and posting on this forum, NullRay85. However, I don't know about the others.

Are people still interested in playing Dawn of a New World? If Superbuu3 is okay with it, we could probably create a We Play ourselves, what do you guys think?

I keep hearing mixed reception regarding Dawn of a New World, but I won't know for sure if it's good until I play it. so I'm in. 

I've seen around seven affinity scenes and got some titles for my party. In terms of the ending, I may get either Colette or Sheena's since all of my answers agreed with them. 

I've been playing many other games recently and life isn't being kind to me at the moment, but If I push through, I may finish the game before the upcoming Sunday. 

I keep hearing mixed reception regarding Dawn of a New World, but I won't know for sure if it's good until I play it. so I'm in. 

I've seen around seven affinity scenes and got some titles for my party. In terms of the ending, I may get either Colette or Sheena's since all of my answers agreed with them. 

I've been playing many other games recently and life isn't being kind to me at the moment, but If I push through, I may finish the game before the upcoming Sunday. 

Yeah, me too, but just like you, I want to play it and see for myself :)

No need to rush, take your time!

• Like 1

- Kittyxiii

- Kurorac

- Omar

- PoupiMyu

Have been last seen :

- xhillia (checkpoint 6)

I have ended up taking a bit of a break from this game. Hopefully I can find the motivation to continue it soon. Unfortunately, I don't have the interest to continue on with Dawn of a New World.

I have ended up taking a bit of a break from this game. Hopefully I can find the motivation to continue it soon. Unfortunately, I don't have the interest to continue on with Dawn of a New World.

Same here.  I really didn't enjoy the game, but hope to come back to it for story completion at least.

I finally got access to my PS3 and finished the game. Well... I've reached the boss but I don't plan on beating him anytime soon, I'll complete the side quests first. Honestly, right now I'm just pissed off because I didn't get either Gigolo or Treasure Hunter even though I followed a list. :|

edit: nevermind, Sebastian gave me the title after talking to him after getting the Derris Emblem! And the Asgard Katz say that I missed one thing in their area. I'm happy again.

edit2: The Katz brought the the last item which was an Orange Gel. I must have already had 20 then and left the chest closed or something... *facepalm* At least I got everything now!

Edited by Xhillia
  • Like 2

Hey everyone, I've made major progress today:

- I got 10 titles for Lloyd.

- Finished Welgaia, Seal Chamber, and the Tower of Salvation.

- Got my party levels to the mid-60s. 

- Collected all devil arms, currently grinding for the boss of the quest.

- Finished the missing daughter quests and got swimsuits for the ladies.

- I chose the Kratos scene in Flanoir, 'cause he's F****ing awesome (and I wanted to learn more about his relation to Lloyd.)

- I'm very close to the Origin boss.

At this rate, I can finish the game before Sunday :awesome: 

Just two questions:  -Are there any good spots to grind?

-Shall I post an end-game discussions now that most of us have finished the game?

Hey everyone, I've made major progress today:

- I got 10 titles for Lloyd.

- Finished Welgaia, Seal Chamber, and the Tower of Salvation.

- Got my party levels to the mid-60s. 

- Collected all devil arms, currently grinding for the boss of the quest.

- Finished the missing daughter quests and got swimsuits for the ladies.

- I chose the Kratos scene in Flanoir, 'cause he's F****ing awesome (and I wanted to learn more about his relation to Lloyd.)

- I'm very close to the Origin boss.

At this rate, I can finish the game before Sunday :awesome:

Just two questions:  -Are there any good spots to grind?

-Shall I post an end-game discussions now that most of us have finished the game?

Good luck with the Devil Arms boss, you can't use items to halve the damage and you can't poison him like on the Game Cube version. I controlled Raine and spent my time reviving and healing the others. Have fun!

A good grinding spot is in the Torrent Forest (access through Heimdall) with the golden dragon. If I remember correctly, you can get a lot of money and decent xp from that monster. And it comes back as soon as you leave the screen. I don't know if it's available yet though...

I'm interested in everyone's final opinion on the story too. If you don't want to spend too much time creating questions, we can just discuss it freely :)

• Like 1

Good luck with the Devil Arms boss, you can't use items to halve the damage and you can't poison him like on the Game Cube version. I controlled Raine and spent my time reviving and healing the others. Have fun!

A good grinding spot is in the Torrent Forest (access through Heimdall) with the golden dragon. If I remember correctly, you can get a lot of money and decent xp from that monster. And it comes back as soon as you leave the screen. I don't know if it's available yet though...

I'm interested in everyone's final opinion on the story too. If you don't want to spend too much time creating questions, we can just discuss it freely :)

Im at this part right now, grinding the golden dragon for gald. You can get access to it the moment you enter torrent forest, so since nullray is close to the origin boss, he should be good to fight it (since the origin boss is in torrent forest). 

Currently working on getting enough gald to buy chips, so i can go for the 1 mil chips trophy & Raines title, according to the trophy guide, i need about 1 mil gald (have about 800,000 now) so it shouldnt take long.

Not looking forward to the actual chip grind though, from what ive read it can take quite a while to get 1 mil.

I have beated Origin a while ago and that Dragon sure did drop some nice loot. :D Though after beating Origin, I'm not sure you can go back to Torent Forest.

I'm currently in Derris Kharlan (sooo close now) and is an excellent grinding spot for those looking to level up. I tried taking on Abyssion, but was severely overwhelmed, I guess he may the most powerful boss in the game.

I'm trying to get Kratos' Tetra Slash. I already got this title for Lloyd but Kratos is being quite reluctant about it. Any tips?

:cross:  > :down::cross: > :right::cross:  > Demon Fang

I defeated the Skeleton Swordsman and Abyssion last night, and got the million chips a few hours ago. I'll never gamble again...

Edited by Xhillia

:cross:  > :down::cross: > :right::cross:  > Demon Fang

I defeated the Skeleton Swordsman and Abyssion last night, and got the million chips a few hours ago. I'll never gamble again...

Do you have to kill the mob at the end of the combo?

I'm trying your technique and I think I succeeded a few times but the title doesn't pop.

Do you have to kill the mob at the end of the combo?

I'm trying your technique and I think I succeeded a few times but the title doesn't pop.

You don't have to kill it. It took me a few tries but it got through eventually. The combo just mustn't break and you have to be careful not to mash x and accidentally do the same move twice.

Tales of Symphonia Completed!

That was a fun ride, can't wait for the sequel. I'll be posting the post-game discussions for us to share our thoughts about Tales of Symphonia tomorrow. 

I went and updated PoupiMyu's list of participants:

Completed:

- Kittyxiii

- Kurorac

- Omar

- PoupiMyu

- Xhilia

- NullRay85

- MiloPro

Still playing

- MiloPro (2nd Playthrough)

On Hold/ lost interest:

WidthOfACircle

- Sweetcoop

Dropped out:

- Aerosol_grey

Unknown

- SuperBuu3

- Kyomi-Okami

- Minedcoolperson

- Zone Hunter

- Sinnriel

- Maftet

- Kishnabe

Edit: Thanks for the note Myu, I fixed it!

Edited by NullRay85
  • Like 1