We Play Tales of Symphonia

I'm sorry to say that I'm dropping out of this we play.  My ps3 had an hdd problem at the end of November that I hoped could be fixed by reformatting.   It took forever for a cheap caddy to arrive to do this (despite them claiming a week) and then it turned out that the disk had way too many bad sectors to be of any use.  Buying a new hdd (1TB so that if the ps3 dies the disk will still be useful) was then delayed by a broken tooth causing a large and unexpected dental bill...  I finally got my ps3 going again yesterday after nearly two months but I am now so far behind that I don't feel I will catch up in a sensible amount of time.

Best luck on your playthrough.

Sorry to hear that. I have a bad tooth too but my parents are too cheap to get it repaired(it's been in cavity status since Thanksgiving) and it'll probably escalate to having to be pulled soon, so I know how expensive dental care is and your PS3 and disk getting corrupted adds insult to injury. I hope you get a replacement. :(

Well, THAT was pretty specific. :lol:

You're already giving the next checkpoint although nobody has completed Checkpoint 7???

I'll set a better checkpoint if you wish, I'm just not sure what to do as the thread was very quiet. On the plus side people are tlaking again, just quote me when you reply and i'll fix things up if you prefer.

Its hard to know if people have lost interest, are silently completing checkpoints or were just super busy over christamas holidays I know i was busier when i was thinking i'd have more free time.

Edited by Superbuu3
  • Like 1

I'll set a better checkpoint if you wish, I'm just not sure what to do as the thread was very quiet. On the plus side people are tlaking again, just quote me when you reply and i'll fix things up if you prefer.

Its hard to know if people have lost interest, are silently completing checkpoints or were just super busy over christamas holidays I know i was busier when i was thinking i'd have more free time.

I think people are very busy with their life (or other stuff) right now.

How many people started the We Play together? How many people are left to finish the game as a group? I'm curious.

It's my first We Play, so I have almost no experience but I thought people would talk more while playing the game, and not wait for a checkpoint to express their opinion.

Maybe the long list of questions now and then was not such a good idea in regards to that.

But you have probably way more experience than me on that particular field so can you tell me if all We Plays are like this (getting very quiet as time passes, I mean)?

I'm going to kick my own butt and try to finish the game this week end :)

Another couple of questions :

Will you start a We Play about the sequel of ToS? I've never played it so it will be kind of a discovery for me.

If other people who are trying to get the platinum for ToS are interested, could we open (or leave this topic open) to discuss freely our progress on the second / third / fourth playthrough ? (with checkpoint lists or things like that).

Im still following this We Play. The only reason i haven't been talking is because im on my 2nd playthrough, just after the Dark Temple. So i was waiting till everyone caught up before i started being more active here.

Its nice to know this We Play is still alive though, for a second there i thought it was dead and was thinking of playing on ahead, only reason i hadn't yet was because i wanted to see this We Play through to the end since its my 1st one. ;)

I'm sorry I haven't been active in the We Play lately. I've been busy a bit towards the start of the year with life-related events.

I forgot to say this, but I completed checkpoint 6 and I'm in the middle of checkpoint 7. I don't think a lot of us lost intrest Buu, it's just life butting in.

I won't be dropping out and will see this through the end.

Ok we'll leave the checkpoint for now and see if a couple more people can catch up to checkpoint 7. I'll be honest though I have done a few we plays only one game had serious problems and that was resident evil revelations 2 but i think everyone got really bored of that game because honestly it kinda sucked.

Given that this is my first year of doing this still, I'm not really aware of seasonal changes I mean some people say things like they have more time to game over christmas but its perfectly understandable over the christmas holidays people get especially busy with family and stuff.

So I think we should takae a different approach to RPGs from now on what we'll do is try and rap this up with final checkpoint going up at the end of jan and try to start the sequel mid february, unless people decide to have a slight gap before starting the sequel. I'm seriously behind so i can't really comment but i know i can catch up by playing like crazy in one weekend. i'm almost certainly not going for the plat on this game though it seems too time consuming.

EDIT I missedd out the plan for the sequel, we'll make a schedule that will be up ahead of time so people will have to try and get up to a certain part each week I think that will be easier to maage a game this size is complicated to really keep the group on the same part as there are some seriously long sections.

Edited by Superbuu3
  • Like 1

Ah, Revelations 2, I still remember how all of us were bored out of our minds during that We Play.

I have to agree with you on your decision. RPGs are long and time consuming compared to the mostly action-packed games that we played in previous We Plays last year. If were still gonna do the whole series, I would expect us to finish sometime next year, but that may vary depending on our progress. Also, one thing PoupiMyu said that caught my attention was on how we're communicating. I have to agree. Discussing plot-points and experience during checkpoints is good, but we need to fill the gaps with discussions to keep ourselves more engaged. Anyway, please excuse my banter, I just realized some things that I wanted to share-out and help keep the discussions alive :P

I am also moving the game forward, but little by little because I have no time these days! Loads of work and other stuff are clouding my schedule, but I make sure to make progress regularly. I am close to the Temple of Darkness but not there yet, I'll let you guys know when I make it! xD

Well, I'm done. Finished my first playthrough.

At heart, this game had a pretty generic story, but not really in a bad way.

The characters were okay.

The music was, especially at the end, really good.

From all Tales of games I've played so far this is sadly my least favourite (probably at the same level as Graces).

The problem I have is, how do you see which character ending you got? I mean every scene at the end (since choosing Colette at the Inn) were with Colette, so does that mean I got her ending?

• Like 1

The holidays start at the end of the week, I promise you guys I will finish this game when I have a bit more time.

I'm this close to get an ultra rare platinum (Sorcery Saga, great game by the way!) and I'm dividing my free time between this one and a visual novel (to prevent myself from throwing my vita against the wall after another fruitless run).

When I get this plat, ToS will be my top priority until I get its plat.

Also, is anyone interested in getting plat for ToS when this We Play is over? I would love to complete a second and third playthrough with someone to share the experience.

The holidays start at the end of the week, I promise you guys I will finish this game when I have a bit more time.

I'm this close to get an ultra rare platinum (Sorcery Saga, great game by the way!) and I'm dividing my free time between this one and a visual novel (to prevent myself from throwing my vita against the wall after another fruitless run).

When I get this plat, ToS will be my top priority until I get its plat.

Also, is anyone interested in getting plat for ToS when this We Play is over? I would love to complete a second and third playthrough with someone to share the experience.

Im planning to go for the plat for symphonia, so ill add you next time i go online. As for sorcery saga i too got the plat for it last month. Longest game ive played tbh, so much grinding haha. 

Sorry guys, life's been busy - I'm going to spend the next couple of days playing this and catching up to where everyone else is. I have a question about where we're currently at though -  is the next checkpoint reaching the end of the game? I don't want to complete the game and then find out that we were supposed to stop just before that point xD

Sorry guys, life's been busy - I'm going to spend the next couple of days playing this and catching up to where everyone else is. I have a question about where we're currently at though -  is the next checkpoint reaching the end of the game? I don't want to complete the game and then find out that we were supposed to stop just before that point xD

This Checkpoint is the last one. We have to finish the game. So go ahead and have fun :D

• Like 1

Hi guys!

I started playing again yesterday and here's my progress so far :

- I revived the Linkite tree

- I made a pact with Aska and Luna

- I completed the Iselia Human Ranch

- I found Zircon

- I went through hell in the Ymir Forest

And I stopped just before entering the Latheon Gorge.

It took me 5 hours just to do that but I got a new trophy which is nice.

I don't know how far I am from the end of the game. I'll probably post a new update tomorrow!

• Like 1

Hi guys!

I started playing again yesterday and here's my progress so far :

- I revived the Linkite tree

- I made a pact with Aska and Luna

- I completed the Iselia Human Ranch

- I found Zircon

- I went through hell in the Ymir Forest

And I stopped just before entering the Latheon Gorge.

It took me 5 hours just to do that but I got a new trophy which is nice.

When a game makes you go through hell for five hours to get a single trophy, you have to question your priorities. xD J/K, you keep it up.

When a game makes you go through hell for five hours to get a single trophy, you have to question your priorities. xD J/K, you keep it up.

But there's always this little sense of pride to get a rare trophy. I'm not crazy enough to even hope to finish Mugen Soul or Star Ocean though. That's a special kind of crazy :D

Update :

I completed the Latheon Gorge

I obtained the Mana Leaf Herb

I met Zelos' sister and was pretty disappointed

I went to the Tower of Salvation

I escaped from Welgaia

For those who aren't at this point in the game, there is a boss waiting for you when you exit Welgaia.

In the guide I'm following, I was told that the boss can't be defeated and thus, no need in wasting items or skill points.

The thing is, I put the controller down and took a little break while the game was supposed to continue on its own.

When I came back, I dicovered the pretty Game Over screen.... And I had to do the whole "Escape Welgaia" thing again since I was to dumb to save before the boss fight.

The boss has 40.000 HP and you actually have to lower his life points to 35.000 to end the fight...

I went back to Altessa.

I took a break from the main storyline to complete some sidequests : Flanoir, swimsuits, formal costumes, and titles.

I got Raine, Kratos, and Colette for the Flanoir Scene. I chose Colette.

I got Colette, Raine, and Sheena for the Swimsuit Costumes.

I got Raine, Colette, Sheena and Zelos (wasn't planning to get Zelos' but threw everything out the window when I saw him) for the Formal Costumes.

New trophies :

Lloyd 10 titles / Raine 10 titles / Colette 10 titles

It probably took me about 5 hours again.

Edited by PoupiMyu
  • Like 2