We Play Tales of Symphonia

Directly from my (maybe one day) guide.

Read at your own discretion,

I will tell you when they are necessary so there is no need to read the spoiler, even if it doesn't spoil much. When the checkpoint comes close I will post so you won't have to worry otherwise. They are not trophy related technically. However they do make getting one of the trophies more worthwhile in game, and also later they can make it easier for something I had come across, but won't post until the guide is up or you reach the end as no-one else on the internet has come across this.

When you get Zelos as a character-

"Equip both on Zelos, give him an Ex Gem Lv2, equip him with "personal", make him the onscreen character and talk to all the females in town. (Leave him as the on screen character for these times) This allows you to get a much higher chance of very rare items while working on the trophy Gigolo.

If you get a "Rune Bottle" and/or "Hourglass", hold on to them, they are rare and very helpful later in the game.

Hint: You can talk to females more than once to get more rare items, you have to leave the town you're in and re-enter, take advantage of this.

Hint: Don't forget to talk to the female children as disgusting as it sounds.

Knowledge: Your odds of getting a rare item is based on Zelos's luck(thus the need for rabbit feet), however after every time you talk to a female with his personal skill on and receive an item, his luck stat changes, so there's no way of keeping it at a stable number regardless of what you've read before. If you're looking for rare items, just keep talking."

Also rune bottles can be use to get you an infinite amount of gald late in the game, so having them before hand is a convenience as you won't have to grind for them.

And that's it, nothing extremely special, however extremely convenient, and worthwhile very early on in the game. :)

Ohhhhh. I had no idea that the skill was affected by luck. Thanks!

I went back a bit and got some of the battle titles that I was missing. Managed to get :bronze:Universal Knight and :bronze:Tottering Chosen. It's a start. ^_^

• Like 1

Directly from my (maybe one day) guide.

Read at your own discretion,

I will tell you when they are necessary so there is no need to read the spoiler, even if it doesn't spoil much. When the checkpoint comes close I will post so you won't have to worry otherwise. They are not trophy related technically. However they do make getting one of the trophies more worthwhile in game, and also later they can make it easier for something I had come across, but won't post until the guide is up or you reach the end as no-one else on the internet has come across this.

When you get Zelos as a character-

"Equip both on Zelos, give him an Ex Gem Lv2, equip him with "personal", make him the onscreen character and talk to all the females in town. (Leave him as the on screen character for these times) This allows you to get a much higher chance of very rare items while working on the trophy Gigolo.If you get a "Rune Bottle" and/or "Hourglass", hold on to them, they are rare and very helpful later in the game.[/size]Hint:[/size] You can talk to females more than once to get more rare items, you have to leave the town you're in and re-enter, take advantage of this.[/size]Hint:[/size] Don't forget to talk to the female children as disgusting as it sounds.[/size]Knowledge:[/size] Your odds of getting a rare item is based on Zelos's luck(thus the need for rabbit feet), however after every time you talk to a female with his personal skill on and receive an item, his luck stat changes, so there's no way of keeping it at a stable number regardless of what you've read before. If you're looking for rare items, just keep talking."

Also rune bottles can be use to get you an infinite amount of gald late in the game, so having them before hand is a convenience as you won't have to grind for them.

And that's it, nothing extremely special, however extremely convenient, and worthwhile very early on in the game. :)

I used this to get an Hourglass for the Colector's Book on my second run, it really makes a difference! That's a neat tip xD
  • Like 1

hmmm.. btw... not really sure if I remembered it right, does this checkpoint or the next one includes exploring Tower of Mana? I have a very early tip if it is... during the boss fight, Iubaris in Tower of Mana, make sure to use Colette and have her steal White Quartz from it. IIRC aside from a RNG base treasure at the very end of the game, it is the only place to get it, which is ultimately needed for getting all items...

Edited by BO-kun
  • Like 1

hmmm.. btw... not really sure if I remembered it right, does this checkpoint or the next one includes exploring Tower of Mana? I have a very early tip if it is... during the boss fight, Iubaris in Tower of Mana, make sure to use Colette and have her steal White Quartz from it. IIRC aside from a RNG base treasure at the very end of the game, it is the only place to get it, which is ultimately needed for getting all items...

That is a nice tip everybody should keep in mind, but the Tower of Mana is mathematically locked into next checkpoint, it's just a bit after when we are supposed to stop now :D

I'll say, though, that White Quartz shows up often enough at its later location, I got it that way xD

Also, I've made it to the checkpoint :awesome:

• Like 3

That is a nice tip everybody should keep in mind, but the Tower of Mana is mathematically locked into next checkpoint, it's just a bit after when we are supposed to stop now :D

I'll say, though, that White Quartz shows up often enough at its later location, I got it that way xD

I never remember stealing to get that item, I must have got it some other way like Omar did. Though this is a good tip as it's a sure thing :)

• Like 1

xD oh it is next checkpoint eh? I actually sucks in remembering places and timeline in JRPGs...what I just know for sure is I loooove Hima's theme xD

Wow you're lucky... RNG are not loving me during my run in that place...

I never remember stealing to get that item, I must have got it some other way like Omar did. Though this is a good tip as it's a sure thing :)

It has low steal rate though IIRC but at least IMO it is easier than praying to RNG God(ess)

• Like 2

Soooo I messed up. I have no idea why, but when you said Palmacosta Ranch in checkpoint 2 I thought you were talking about the inn in Palmacosta (I even went "wow, can't believe they call it a ranch and not an inn, they're so fancy") - I reached the ranch an hour ago and immediately facepalmed when I realised what I'd done  :facepalm:

Anyway, I completed it a wee while back and I'm stopping for the night - it won't put me too far behind, but I'm planning on reaching checkpoint 3 tomorrow unless I screw up again xD

Also there's so many tips in here, it's amazing - I've been skimming through them periodically (unless they're under spoilers cause I don't want to be spoiled). Thanks for making this easier everyone :P

• Like 2

What's the difference between going to Luin first and then to Asgard or going first to Adgard and then Luin?

In short, spoiler-free terms, you only have access to the Luin shops before the events in Asgard (and then much MUCH later in the game, provided you complete a sidequest) so, if you wait until you have to reach Luin for story reasons, it will be too late for you to buy anything xD

I do apologise for my lack of activity in this topic I've not been well at all lately, hence not starting up any more of these, should hopefully be feeling better by next week.

Either way I was more concerned about getting this running than playing an active role at this point in time, as wouldve been silly to delay based on how i was feeling.

• Like 1

I do apologise for my lack of activity in this topic I've not been well at all lately, hence not starting up any more of these, should hopefully be feeling better by next week.

Either way I was more concerned about getting this running than playing an active role at this point in time, as wouldve been silly to delay based on how i was feeling.

It's alright, get well soon. Hopefully by the time you're back all of us would have reached the designated checkpoint.

• Like 1

I hate being sick and feeling lousy, get well soon man! :)

• Like 1

That's okay!! Hopefully you start to feel better soon ^_^

Checkpoint 3 finally reached. Is it me or was it the longest checkpoint yet?

Yeah, I thought that it felt quite long too! A lot of stuff happened in it, so that could be it - it was nice to have a long checkpoint though xD

• Like 2

I've reached Checkpoint #3.  Question about some of the areas in the spoiler...

Were we supposed to go to the Asgard Human Ranch?  When I went there I got a message saying we needed to keep our distance, so I went on to Hima at that point.

Yes, That's the 3rd checkpoint :)

I've reached Checkpoint #3.  Question about some of the areas in the spoiler...

Were we supposed to go to the Asgard Human Ranch?  When I went there I got a message saying we needed to keep our distance, so I went on to Hima at that point.

Technically you've missed out on a very small portion of the game, but you can totally do it on your road to Checkpoint #4

The only thing you need to make sure is to go straight to Luin when you start your way towards the next checkpoint :D

• Like 1

I finally reached Checkpoint #3.

And regarding the order of Luin and Asgard...

I follow the walkthrough on gamefaqs and before I knew it I was fighting the Windmaster in Asgard. The walkthrough said to go there first and then to Luin. So I just followed the walkthrough (ready to reload and to go to Luin first) and went to Luin after completing the story in Asgard. Luin wasn't destroyed yet and I was still able to buy two Rabbit's Feet.

After completing the Mausoleum I went back to Luin and then it was destroyed.

• Like 2