We Play Tales of Symphonia

Shall we move on? It's been two weeks :S

Sorry i was baby sitting today, checkpoint will be up tomorrow (well today for me) just give it like 12 hours or something. Same with the freedom wars playthrough to.

Actually no time like the present

Checkpoint 5 - Complete the Temple of Lightning

Note the second sword dancer can be found in this checkpoint:

Source: http://psnprofiles.com/trophy/2378-Tales-of-Symphonia/22-Sword-Dancer-Slayer

Sword Dancer #2

• Location: Gaoracchia Forest(in the southern part of the forest, near the exit to Mizuho/Ozette)
  • Time Frame: From when you first enter the forest, until Sheena gets Luna/Aska.
  • Recommended Level: 50+

Edited by Superbuu3
  • Like 1

Sorry i was baby sitting today, checkpoint will be up tomorrow (well today for me) just give it like 12 hours or something. Same with the freedom wars playthrough to.

Actually no time like the present

Checkpoint 5 - Complete the Temple of Lightning

Note the second sword dancer can be found in this checkpoint:

Source: http://psnprofiles.com/trophy/2378-Tales-of-Symphonia/22-Sword-Dancer-Slayer

Sword Dancer #2

• Location: Gaoracchia Forest(in the southern part of the forest, near the exit to Mizuho/Ozette)
  • Time Frame: From when you first enter the forest, until Sheena gets Luna/Aska.
  • Recommended Level: 50+

I'm exhausted so I'll post any good tips I may have tomorrow. But the one thing that definitely comes to mind is to not enter the temple of lightning until after you get a specific skit. It will randomly appear on the world map, right before you go to the temple. Be patient it might take a bit of walking around.

[EDIT] Just remembered that you need to activate another missable skit before that one. I don't remember off the top of my head though. [/EDIT]

Edited by Dav9834

I spent like an hour today trying to complete the Red Light/Green Light game for Genis. That was horrible but I'm glad I got it over with. :facepalm: I'll probably get to the checkpoint today after uni or tomorrow.

Oh i should probably mention it but this quest is best done near the end of the game. As doing it then will unlock Genis weapon One World, which will be needed for the collectors book. So doing that quest now would be a waste as you'll have to do it again later anyway. 

• Like 1

I'm in Gaoracchia Forest, I'm probably not far from the checkpoint now.

I forgot to save before Remiel and lost against him so I had to start all over again from the unicorn event. 

Stupid me.

On the 2nd try, I forgot about affection points and went straight for Collette instead of talking to Raine. Reload.

Stupider me.

On the 3rd try, I lost to Remiel for the second time.

And finally, I managed to beat him very easily, I still don't know what happened.

I'm in Gaoracchia Forest, I'm probably not far from the checkpoint now.

I forgot to save before Remiel and lost against him so I had to start all over again from the unicorn event. 

Stupid me.

On the 2nd try, I forgot about affection points and went straight for Collette instead of talking to Raine. Reload.

Stupider me.

On the 3rd try, I lost to Remiel for the second time.

And finally, I managed to beat him very easily, I still don't know what happened.

That sucks.  Definitely feel for you there.

I'm also about to go into Gaoracchia Forest and will probably start that part tonight.

Oh i should probably mention it but this quest is best done near the end of the game. As doing it then will unlock Genis weapon One World, which will be needed for the collectors book. So doing that quest now would be a waste as you'll have to do it again later anyway.

Ya woops I woke up this morning to your post and thought about the trick to make it easier. This is true for the uncle game as well. Press the ps button to pause the game, but still see what's going on. I never used it on red light green light, but for the uncle game your life will become a lot easier.

I feel there was another trick to red light green light, but I also forgot to check my guide :facepalm: I'll remedy that today.

And I concur it's best left towards the end of the game. :)

From Guide mostly

In Mizuho

DON'T LEAVE MIZUHO, hang around until a skit that grants you Zelos's Idiot chosen title appears,

and then watch it. It can take a bit of time for it to appear so be patient.

Also buy a mizuho potion for the road you'll need it later for progression.

Ozette

Talk to the 2 dogs, 3 females, and find the 2 wonder chefs. Missable

Wonder Chef Recipe: Found in the Inn -!Missable!-

Wonder Chef Recipe: Found in old abandoned house -!Missable!-

• Like 1

I just stumbled upon my old Google Spreadsheet checklist I compiled when I was playing ToS. So I figured I'd share it for the people that want to get the platinum for this game.

I suggest you save a copy to your own Google Drive, so you can edit it and cross things of your personal list. You can put an x behind a collectible in the lists and it will make the cell black, for a better overview.

It has multiple worksheets with all the different collectibles. Titles are categorized by color (legend is below the titles list).

It also has some information regarding missables. These may contain minor spoilers, so beware of that.

Here's the link:

Ric_373's Complete Tales of Symphonia Platinum Checklist

It has:

• Titles
  • Monsters
  • Items
  • Figurines
  • Recipes
  • Dogs
  • Women
  • Treasures (chests)

Good luck grabbing that platinum! :yay:

Amazing. I can't participate in the event but this checklist document will be printed and I'll look for a used copy of Tales of Symphonia Chronicles. I'm willing to sacrifice my Wizard101 time for it. B)

I finally reached Checkpoint #5!! It has been busy with the PS2 Classics and me building a trophy guide for Rogue Galaxy (with videos and stuff, so it takes quite a while lol). Then add up the fact that I'm playing on Mania and the result is super slow progression, but I keep going!! xD

Also, make sure you do EVERYTHING you need to do in Ozette, including what Dav mentioned plus THIS:

The moment Presea leaves the party in Ozette, go to the highest part in town. A cutscene will pop up where someone will insult Presea and you get to choose out of two answers (which only have an impact on affection values). Make sure you watch this event to get a title for Presea much later in the game :D

• Like 1

I finally reached Checkpoint #5!! It has been busy with the PS2 Classics and me building a trophy guide for Rogue Galaxy (with videos and stuff, so it takes quite a while lol). Then add up the fact that I'm playing on Mania and the result is super slow progression, but I keep going!! xD

Also, make sure you do EVERYTHING you need to do in Ozette, including what Dav mentioned plus THIS:

The moment Presea leaves the party in Ozette, go to the highest part in town. A cutscene will pop up where someone will insult Presea and you get to choose out of two answers (which only have an impact on affection values). Make sure you watch this event to get a title for Presea much later in the game :D

Woops yup it was even in my guide. That's what I get for posting half asleep :facepalm:. Good catch! :D
  • Like 1

I hate you. :(

• Like 1