We Play Tales of Symphonia

I applaud all of you taking up this challenge!

If you need any advice I can add my knowledge, I was working on a guide for about a year. :)

Unfortunately because the guides a big change visually(artistically) from what other guides look like, it will probably never see the light of day. But the my info is still good :)

And you can save on the world map so once you get to the first checkpoint just save before entering :)

• Like 1

Symphonia doesn't require 4 playthroughs. Definitely not 5. There are 3 you must do and another up to the point of the "Flanoir scene". 

This one is a bit of a doozy in terms of keeping track of everything, but it's still awesome. Hope everybody enjoys it.

New banner for the topic hope you guys like it and thanks to Floriis.

If anyone wants to run the discussion points let me know otherwise I'll do them.

I also hit the first checkpoint before re-reading the first post and realising it starts next week  :facepalm: I got a little bit too excited haha

Sorry that was a typo anyway lets just say start day is today. Im still feeling run down and sick, but wanted to get this up as soon as possible, so that should have had an earlier date.

Symphonia doesn't require 4 playthroughs. Definitely not 5. There are 3 you must do and another up to the point of the "Flanoir scene". 

HMMM... IIRC 4 is the minimum runs needed to plat this one... since you must have all the items for one of Genis' Title... and getting 3 items needed 3 separate Flanoir scenes = 3 runs... and the other run is for Genis Flanoir scene

• Like 1

HMMM... IIRC 4 is the minimum runs needed to plat this one... since you must have all the items for one of Genis' Title... and getting 3 items needed 3 separate Flanoir scenes = 3 runs... and the other run is for Genis Flanoir scene

If you re-read my post, you'll see that I say there's 3 complete playthroughs and a 4th partial playthrough up until the Flanoir scene. All I was saying it isn't 4 or 5 complete playthroughs, unless you goof up.

• Like 1

If you re-read my post, you'll see that I say there's 3 complete playthroughs and a 4th partial playthrough up until the Flanoir scene. All I was saying it isn't 4 or 5 complete playthroughs, unless you goof up.

thanks for clearing that up... cause in your statement above (at least to me), the first line sounds like you don't need to have 4 runs to plat it... which might confuse some since both guides provided by Buu-san said it requires a minimum of 4 runs 

If you consider not defeating the end boss then ya you're right it's only 3 playthroughs. However you're "essentially" right there to get the 4th scene. So I always consider it 4 sense you have to play through 99% of the game for the 4th. You need to get to the

Derris Emblem

for the 4th.

I really wanted to join in on this event, but... sadly I threw out my last copy of the Tales of Symphonia chronicles. I should have given it a chance. Worse, I have E.W.S. so I can't buy it back. :(

I guess I'll have to wait until my birthday (or pray that I lose 20 pounds by December because I was wagered $200 that I would drop 25 by the end of the year) until I can get enough money. Yes, I could get a JOB but I am lazy. :(

EDIT: Don't worry about spoiling the game for me - I've already played through the original ToS on the GameCube a long time ago. But I will respect the rules and not discuss anything story-wise or otherwise about the game until you've reached those checkpoints.

Edited by Maphantom238

I'm just going to apologise in advance for this first checkpoint moving slowly as I said the thread was going to start on Nov 1st in a typo i feel like i should give more time for this checkpoint than I initially intended, hope people dont mind, if there is a problem I'll post a second.

Edited by Superbuu3