We Play Tales of Symphonia

Are there any other perks for the rabbit's feet, aside from a huge boost in luck?

That boost in luck later reflects on something you have to do to get a title, netting you rarer items more easily and saving some headaches when you aim for completing the Collector's Book. If you don't have the gald and don't feel like saving up for them, I don't think it's the end of the world, though (I for one didn't get the accessory and still got the items). Platinum hopefuls have at least 4 runs ahead so there's plenty of room to get everything, the point of the Rabbit's Feet is increasing efficiency :D 

• Like 1

That boost in luck later reflects on something you have to do to get a title, netting you rarer items more easily and saving some headaches when you aim for completing the Collector's Book. If you don't have the gald and don't feel like saving up for them, I don't think it's the end of the world, though (I for one didn't get the accessory and still got the items). Platinum hopefuls have at least 4 runs ahead so there's plenty of room to get everything, the point of the Rabbit's Feet is increasing efficiency :D

I see, thanks for the tip, dude. I already bought four of them for my mains, hopefully they'll speed up the process of getting those titles!

• Like 2

I finally reached Checkpoint #3.

And regarding the order of Luin and Asgard...

I follow the walkthrough on gamefaqs and before I knew it I was fighting the Windmaster in Asgard. The walkthrough said to go there first and then to Luin. So I just followed the walkthrough (ready to reload and to go to Luin first) and went to Luin after completing the story in Asgard. Luin wasn't destroyed yet and I was still able to buy two Rabbit's Feet.

After completing the Mausoleum I went back to Luin and then it was destroyed.

Ah thank you for the correction! I played it safe in my playthroughs, but this gives a direct moment! :D

I see, thanks for the tip, dude. I already bought four of them for my mains, hopefully they'll speed up the process of getting those titles!

You only need two technically, but having more isn't going to hurt anything! :)

Not much advice to give this time, but here ya go!

Starting out, most straight from my guide.

Progression Hint:

Go to lake Umacy with sheena, then
Go back to Thoda Geyser Seal of Water, then
Go to the Hima inn, then
Go to the Tower of Mana

Tower of Mana

White Quartz can be gotten late late game, so don't worry if you don't get it now, besides if your going for the plat you will be playing through 4 times so don't worry.

Also White quartz doesn't drop from the boss, it needs to be stolen. Have Collette constantly use item rover if you want it this playthrough.

I don't know if luck effects steal rate, though I hear it effects drop rate. Doesn't hurt to equip them(rabbits feet) on Collette. Thanks for the luck tip Xhillia!

Late game white quartz can be got:

By inspecting red candles in Niflheim(which is probably where I got mine, even though it's supposedly rare)

Note! Press cross.png on the top left bookcase to inspect it on your way out of the Tower of Mana in the first room. (missable)

Meltokio

Remember those rabbit feet I hope you bought? Equip both on Zelos, Give him an Ex Gem Lv2,

equip him with "personal", make him the oncreen character and talk to all the females in town.
(I just leave him as the on screen charactor, but you can switch back after if you like. )

If you get a "Hourglass", hold on to them, they're rare and can be helpful later in the game.

Hint: You can talk to females more than once to get more rare items,
you just have to leave the town you're in and re-enter.

Don't forget to talk to the female children as disgusting as it sounds.

Knowledge: Your odds of getting a rare item is based on Zelos's luck(thus the need for rabbit feet), however after everytime you talk to a female with his personal skill on and receive an item, his luck stat changes, so there's no way of keeping it at a stable number. If you're looking for rare items, just keep talking.

Talk to the 34 Females with Zelos as the onscreen character.

Sybak

Story Related Progression Hint: Odd merchant with weird stuff next to other merchant in Sybak(you'll know when this hint comes in handy)

• Like 1

Nice, lengthy checkpoint this time around, awesome!! xD

Also, we've reached the point in the game in which Ex Gems Lv.3 will start showing up, so it's time for me to give you a critical tip:

You all need to give your very first ExGem Lv.3 to Raine and choose the "Eternal" perk, then give her an ExGem Lv.2 with "Spirit"

After you finish a fight with that setup and Raine on the party, she'll get the compound EX skill "Spirit Up" which gives the player a small chance to increase Raine's TP by 1% at the end of EVERY BATTLE you go through with her on the party. The joy here is that, for some reason, pretty much every boss in the game will trigger the 1% increase, so you may want to have this on her ASAP

You can also increase Lloyd's HP following the same rules by equipping "Eternal" + "Vitality", giving you the compound EX skill "Life Up". In theory, this applies to every character (all of them can get both Life up and Spirit up), but for efficiency matters, you should give your first 2 ExGems Lv.3 to Raine and Lloyd, it makes A HUGE DIFFERENCE! :D

Edited by Omar

Tales of Symphonia Discussion 2

1- Did you enjoy your stay in Palmacosta? Overall thoughts on General-Governor Dorr?

2- Thoughts on the story so far? Are you liking even better than before?

3- How do you feel about Colette's transformation? Also, have you found her wings to be useful in combat?

4- Thoughts on Sheena so far? With her attitude towards Colette, do you think she'll ever join the party?

5- Who's your favorite character so far? Did you change your fave or are they still the same?

6- Current party and level? Did you change some of your tactics along the way?

7- How did the water temple and Asgard bosses go? Did they give you any trouble?

8- Do you enjoy navigating through the game filed? 

9- A forgot to ask this in the last discussion, what do you think of the We Play's banner created by Floriis?

10- Do you need any help with anything? Feel free to share-out any suggestions regarding the game or the group that you might have!

My question: Was the dungeon in the geyser area miss-able? Could I just have took that item in the geyser and moved along without entering the dungeon?

Edited by NullRay85
  • Like 1

Tales of Symphonia Discussion 2

1- Did you enjoy your stay in Palmacosta? Overall thoughts on General-Governor Dorr?

3- How do you feel about Colette's transformation? Also, have you found her wings to be useful in combat?

4- Thoughts on Sheena so far? With her attitude towards Colette, do you think she'll ever join the party?

5- Who's your favorite character so far? Did you change your fave or are they still the same?

7- How did the water temple and Asgard bosses go? Did they give you any trouble?

8- Do you enjoy navigating through the game filed? 

9- A forgot to ask this in the last discussion, what do you think of the We Play's banner created by Floriis?

10- Do you need any help with anything? Feel free to share-out any suggestions regarding the game or the group that you might have!

My question: Was the dungeon in the geyser area miss-able? Could I just have took that item in the geyser and moved along without entering the dungeon?

I will get to the questions when I have some free time, but answering your question: 

The Thoda Geyser is compulsory for the sake of story progression (Colette needs to release every seal). I don't really know when the game locks you into doing it but all I know is that it has to be done. (plus, as you will see on your way to Checkpoint #4, you TOTALLY need to do the Thoda Geyser xD)

The Spiritua Statue though can be entirely skipped! If you know what to do, you have absolutely zero need to read Koton's book by trading a look at it with the statue, so you don't need to get it at all (this comes useful when aiming at gaining (or avoiding) affection with a certain character, I skipped this event on my Genis run lol)

• Like 2

I will get to the questions when I have some free time, but answering your question: 

The Thoda Geyser is compulsory for the sake of story progression (Colette needs to release every seal). I don't really know when the game locks you into doing it but all I know is that it has to be done. (plus, as you will see on your way to Checkpoint #4, you TOTALLY need to do the Thoda Geyser xD)

The Spiritua Statue though can be entirely skipped! If you know what to do, you have absolutely zero need to read Koton's book by trading a look at it with the statue, so you don't need to get it at all (this comes useful when aiming at gaining (or avoiding) affection with a certain character, I skipped this event on my Genis run lol)

Thanks, Omar. I got the info.

• Like 1

I just stumbled upon my old Google Spreadsheet checklist I compiled when I was playing ToS. So I figured I'd share it for the people that want to get the platinum for this game.

I suggest you save a copy to your own Google Drive, so you can edit it and cross things of your personal list. You can put an x behind a collectible in the lists and it will make the cell black, for a better overview.

It has multiple worksheets with all the different collectibles. Titles are categorized by color (legend is below the titles list).

It also has some information regarding missables. These may contain minor spoilers, so beware of that.

Here's the link:

Ric_373's Complete Tales of Symphonia Platinum Checklist

It has:

• Titles
  • Monsters
  • Items
  • Figurines
  • Recipes
  • Dogs
  • Women
  • Treasures (chests)

Good luck grabbing that platinum! :yay:

Amazing contribution, I wish I had been able to use this while earning the trophies myself! Thank you for sharing with everyone here, I'm sure most of them will find it extremely helpful to keep track of how they are doing xD

• Like 1

Alriiiight, just hit checkpoint 4!! I spent far too long trying to talk to all the women in Meltokio but I could only get items from 32 out of 34 which was a bit annoying :/

Anyway, onto the questions from checkpoint 2!:

Checkpoint 2 Discussion:

I did! The music in Palmacosta is great. I didn't really trust him to be fair, but I wasn't expecting for things to turn out the way they did.

As of checkpoint 2 I felt pretty much the same about the story as I did after the first part, there wasn't much of a difference that I can remember - it was cool to see how the Chosen going on their journey has affected everything and everyone though.

It's quite sad, actually - despite my not being able to take the term Angel Toxicosis seriously, it's a bit worrying that she's changing as much as she is. As for her wings, I wasn't completely set on having her in my party until she got them and learnt Angel Feathers - now she's someone I try to keep in my top 4!

Sheena is awesome, the second fight with her was pretty annoying tbh but I was wondering why she acts like that towards Colette. Now that I'm at the latest checkpoint I think that there's a possibility of her joining the party :giggle:

The second checkpoint confirmed that Kratos is my favourite for now. Still wasn't sure of his intentions, but I like how he acts around Lloyd

My party for checkpoint 2 was Lloyd, Raine, Kratos and Colette (sorry Genis haha) and the level was between 15 and 20 which was probably a bit high for that part. My tactics pretty much stayed the same as they had previously with Raine and Kratos focusing on healing/buffing the party, Colette using magic and me playing as Lloyd and using my artes and normal attacks. Only problem with that is despite putting them on Moderation for use of MP they would go through it so quickly :facepalm:

The water temple boss was a bit irritating, but Asgard was pretty easy - I didn't really have many problems with it.

8- Do you enjoy navigating through the game field?
Ugh. Still my main gripe about this game. As I've been unlocking the sightstones which lets me use Noishe around the field which has made navigating the areas a lot easier, but even then randomly appearing enemies are the bane of my virtual existence -_- it's also really annoying trying to use the map on the bottom-right, but I'm getting used to it

It looks awesome!! I really like the background and the font.

Other than finding out where the other 2 women are in Meltokio, I think I'm okay! Although, I suppose that could be left for the checkpoint 4 discussion xD

I just stumbled upon my old Google Spreadsheet checklist I compiled when I was playing ToS. So I figured I'd share it for the people that want to get the platinum for this game.

I suggest you save a copy to your own Google Drive, so you can edit it and cross things of your personal list. You can put an x behind a collectible in the lists and it will make the cell black, for a better overview.

It has multiple worksheets with all the different collectibles. Titles are categorized by color (legend is below the titles list).

It also has some information regarding missables. These may contain minor spoilers, so beware of that.

Here's the link:

Ric_373's Complete Tales of Symphonia Platinum Checklist

It has:

• Titles
  • Monsters
  • Items
  • Figurines
  • Recipes
  • Dogs
  • Women
  • Treasures (chests)

Good luck grabbing that platinum! :yay:

Thank you for saving me the trouble of creating my own Excel document in the near future :P I've yet to skim through it in case of spoilers, but thank you for sharing it!! It'll be incredibly useful when we get around to going for the platinum :D

• Like 1

Reached checkpoint 3, I will reach 4 tonight probably. I have a question I have my characters at level 30 . But then realised I have to keep my party under 145 collectively when fighting a boss. Am I okay to still do that in this play through ?

I have been avoiding encounters just in case :P , and it's only the part members you fight the boss with that count towards the level number?

• Like 1

Reached checkpoint 3, I will reach 4 tonight probably. I have a question I have my characters at level 30 . But then realised I have to keep my party under 145 collectively when fighting a boss. Am I okay to still do that in this play through ?

I have been avoiding encounters just in case :P , and it's only the part members you fight the boss with that count towards the level number?

I think it's a bit late at this point, you still got a ways to go till you fight that boss and even if you skip every fight from now on im sure the bosses you fight along the way will over level you. Best to try getting that Gung Ho title on another playthrough. I think i had all my characters at 35 when i got it. 

• Like 1

Oh GOD that title is horrible lol if you still haven't reached Checkpoint 4 and are level 30, then bosses alone will put your party past the level cap (36 * 4 party members = 144) before that point, so I'd say you're better off trying it out on another playthrough :(

And answering your question: yes, the combined level of the 4 party members present in the fight has to be under 145 when fighting the boss listed for the title. What I did was using one of the 4 runs to focus on getting that title, I kept Genis dead the whole time and he was level 3 when I got to the fight lol I also fought as little as possible and basically rushed through the game using holy bottles everywhere up until that fight. I made it with tons to spare, so I think it is ultimately pretty doable, but stressful xD

Oh, and I made it to Checkpoint #4, this one took a while because playing on Mania calls for some training at this point :D

• Like 1

If you're dead set on trying this title in this PT there is 1 thing you can try. It's not really fun, and I can't guarantee it will work.

You basically have to keep your entire party except the one you control from getting exp, the only way to do that is to keep them dead. And since you're already pretty high up, it'll have to be for the vast majority of the game up to that point.

The reason I'm not sure if it will work is because I don't know how many levels your main character will get. Since your other 3 are already 30, you only have up to level 55 to be able to get there.

145/4 = 3 characters on level 36 and one on 37. (at the start of the fight, levelling over from the fight doesn't matter iirc).

Keeping one or two characters dead and skipping fights is a common strategy for the title, but as others have said, you're pretty high up. Usually at least one of the playthroughs has that title as the main focus of it. (I did it together with wooden sword and no gels titles). You need at least 5, so if you're going for the plat there's no reason to worry.

• Like 1

cheers guys ^_^ . I messed that one up then, but to be fair i was leveling up for the sword dancers. and I am also doing the friendship first title and the no escaping from battle title. so i'm guessing getting gung ho on this playthrough wouldn't have been such a good idea anyways. but cheers Ric. i'll probably do that and eternal sword in my next playthrough.^_^