Dragon Fin Soup Trophy List Discussion

Xel

I'm still waiting for the patch hope someday i able to finish it! Looking forward for patch i am very close to platinum -_- i hate buggy trophies....

i kinda regret playing it should've waited i wasted my 100+ hours over a buggy game i couldn't even get the platinum in the end.Wonderful!! :facepalm:

Edited by Jalok-

The company behind the game, Grimm Bros, says to be still working on all the issues with the game on PSN. I believe that offering the game for Playstation Plus has had them rush to make this deadline, and has resulted in upset players and an unhappy partner BlitWorks.

Grimm Bros on their Facebook page:

So Grimm Bros finally revealed the name of the porting studio. Took them long enough. 

So Grimm Bros finally revealed the name of the porting studio. Took them long enough. 

I may be wrong, but I think they only did so finally because the studio outed themselves with that earlier interview. I'd imagine their reasoning was that it's immoral to just throw them under the bus, but now that they've revealed themselves, they're just discussing known info rather than scapegoating.

• Like 1

I may be wrong, but I think they only did so finally because the studio outed themselves with that earlier interview. I'd imagine their reasoning was that it's immoral to just throw them under the bus, but now that they've revealed themselves, they're just discussing known info rather than scapegoating.

Hopefully this will speed things up, because now all the problems, glitches, and whatnot can be reported directly to the porting studio.

• Like 1

I don't think bombarding them with info will help, since most of the problems are already known (as proof, they're already fixed in the PC version) and as far as I can tell their biggest hurdle is the memory leak problems which nobody can help them with... so unless you're an expert on porting memory-heavy PC code to all three CPU-heavy PS platforms I'm not sure there's much you can tell them that they don't already know...

The Grimm Bros posted on their Facebook a long post about their current situation. Hopefully their depressed team members manage to stay at it and patch the PSN. They ask the players to report on all known issues so that everything gets fixed as we'd not want to wait months and months again for another patch, if any..

Happy 2016 Everybody!

We just wanted to send out a quick note that we are alive, not dead, nor undead, and are hard at work on the next patch for STEAM/DRM Free of DFS. Not to worry, PSN patches are also in the works and we’ll look to implement a majority of the fixes and features we did on the PC side for PSN. Just keep in mind it will take a bit longer due to merging the code and for QA testing.

The holiday season was a bit lackluster for us… we know that Dragon Fin Soup is a tad controversial, but a few of us got a bit depressed with all the mixed reviews. Like any other complex RPG it will be patched and refined over time, but some people seem not to understand nor care. It’s a bit hard on us after 3 years of hard work and we were wondering if you could help cheer up the team?

IF you like Dragon Fin Soup, or are pleased with our efforts to update and improve the game experience, please show your support by writing a review on STEAM (http://store.steampowered.com/app/299600) or writing a user review on METACRITIC (http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/dragon-fin-soup) . Just login with your Facebook.

IF you don’t like Dragon Fin Soup… please give us another chance when the next major patch comes out? We are 100% indie and we read every email/review/comment. Community support keeps us going. We hope you see all our efforts and that we really do listen. As promised, we have some great stuff in store for everyone in the next patch - you can see all the notes here: http://grimm-bros.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=359

Also, it’s SUPER important that we get bugs/feedback from everyone. If there is a bug or issue - please tell us ASAP on our forums so that we can look into it and fix it: 
http://grimm-bros.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=14

Apologizes if it seems that we’ve been lacking in the forums and social media. Please know that we have been meticulously logging player concerns and systematically resolving them as well as preparing a new update, and other fun and exciting things for you all! We’re still a small indie team. There is only so much we can do and so long we can work before sleep deprivation and hallucinations begin.

We are determined to get to every single one of your concerns and update them as soon as possible. We love you guys and we are so excited to show you all the new and improved goodies we have instore for you!

You don’t know the depths of our appreciation for your patience and help as we make DFS better and better.

Cheers,
The Grimm Bros Team

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing. I hope that everything to date comes to the PS versions eventually, as they have fixed all major issues and added some pretty significant improvements on the PC version, I would hate to see them give up on the PS versions like, say, Payday 2 devs. I always find it a little bit insulting when they continue to work on a game but cut off all pretence of passing it on to a fair portion of the players. At least here they have said they will port everything they can... for now.

Edited by Prem-aka-Prince

The Grimm Bros posted on their Facebook a long post about their current situation. Hopefully their depressed team members manage to stay at it and patch the PSN. They ask the players to report on all known issues so that everything gets fixed as we'd not want to wait months and months again for another patch, if any..

Thanks for sharing, reading all of their concern with the psn platform versions makes me sad seeing they tried their best into their first game, I really loved the game when it was released, sadly the game broke on story mode and I'm still waiting for the patch so I can keep going on story mode, the game plays well better on ps4 then vita, the latter was my main game platform and when it broke I got some miscellaneous trophies on ps4 without much trouble.

I said earlier that I'm really cheering for then. I enjoyed the game and difficulty layouts, I just hope they can turn around their game with the patch and make everyone enjoy the game, especially for those that really have no heart and bash then without knowing they aren't big companies.

• 3 weeks later...

I really hope they can get the issues sorted out. I'm hesitant to start the game even though I traditionally absolutely love roguelikes and RPGs in this style. I'll wait for future patches and confirmation of things actually working before I start the game up.

• 2 months later...

Help i cannot take trophy angel of death @.@ i played survival mode , set bomb and die , click retry with random seed and repead until game corrup ( about 10 times die ) and open game chose new game and repeat. I count 150 times but trophy no pop up :(( what step by step exactly i must do for take it ??

• 4 years later...

How exactly can I get the Executioner trophy for killing 666 enemies? I know it's bugged and if I quit the game the counter is reset, so many suggested killing all the enemies on the first floor of survival or endless mode, then die using a bomb and repeat using the same seed until the trophy pops.

I used the above strategy and counted at least 700 kills but I didn't get the trophy. So I was thinking that for the 666 kills to count not quitting the game or going back to the menu isn't enough, so I completed all survival mode without quitting or reloading, from the first floor to the final boss, killing every single enemy in every floor and the end result screen showed I had only 629 kills (so close ?). I even killed another 50 enemies on a new game after defeating the boss, but again no trophy.

How did the few people that have this trophy do it? Can someone please give me a hand?

35 minutes ago, DrZero_1983 said:

How exactly can I get the Executioner trophy for killing 666 enemies? I know it's bugged and if I quit the game the counter is reset, so many suggested killing all the enemies on the first floor of survival or endless mode, then die using a bomb and repeat using the same seed until the trophy pops.

I used the above strategy and counted at least 700 kills but I didn't get the trophy. So I was thinking that for the 666 kills to count not quitting the game or going back to the menu isn't enough, so I completed all survival mode without quitting or reloading, from the first floor to the final boss, killing every single enemy in every floor and the end result screen showed I had only 629 kills (so close 1f62d.png). I even killed another 50 enemies on a new game after defeating the boss, but again no trophy.

How did the few people that have this trophy do it? Can someone please give me a hand?

I haven't played this game almost since it first came cause of the glitched trophies, but the kills all have to be from one mode only as the guide indicated. It could be possible to dying may reset tracking as well.

(I haven't played for a long time either again but I also believe the number of enemies spawned per floor is random so some completions may end up less then the count.)