Anyone else dissapointed?

Raccoon_0

I got this game yesterday and I am more than dissapointed I thought it won't be too bad and it will go though considering it was top 10 in UK etc. So I found only the twins solid characters that keep the game together for me the story is a like a can soup with no spices it is blant and boring, the map isn't even big, I live in London... I know that they took the centre of London and slapped it into the game and its pathetic there is any barely effort into making this a hugely opened world game the glitches are horrible I go into a shop and two guys stand on a table randomly, I can walk though people and also they aren't responsive to move. The new free run being up and down is pathetic as I remember in old games it was just one freerun not me running and hitting against the wall because it can't climb up.

Anyone else?

• Like 1

Well to be fair, after what happened with the last AC, you shouldn't have any hopes with the next one to be even remotely good. And people will buy crap, doesn't matter if it's the crappiest crap, they will still buy it, so you should never look at which game is in the top 10 when it comes to sales. That being said ... I didn't play the new AC yet, so I wouldn't know :D

I got this game yesterday and I am more than dissapointed I thought it won't be too bad and it will go though considering it was top 10 in UK etc. So I found only the twins solid characters that keep the game together for me the story is a like a can soup with no spices it is blant and boring, the map isn't even big, I live in London... I know that they took the centre of London and slapped it into the game and its pathetic there is any barely effort into making this a hugely opened world game the glitches are horrible I go into a shop and two guys stand on a table randomly, I can walk though people and also they aren't responsive to move. The new free run being up and down is pathetic as I remember in old games it was just one freerun not me running and hitting against the wall because it can't climb up.

Anyone else?

Ubisoft are in a weird place right now. They have been hyping up games most recently instead of putting that old Ubisoft charm into them, plus I think fatigue is seeping in. AC Unity left a bad taste in everybody's mouth with the glitches, bad frame rate and story lines, so I guess these things probably put a lot of people off AC:S. The problem with AC:S is that it has the same problems to a lesser extent and people just feel that Ubisoft is losing their touch. I would say just enjoy the 10 exclusive missions because they seem to be a different compared to the full game. 

You're having some very odd and specific issues with this game. I'm actually really enjoying the game! I haven't had any real issues or glitches that have affected me either.

Also, the map isn't big? For a game world it's pretty massive. I think it's the largest city in an AC game, probably bigger than Unity. The only reason it might seem "small" for you is because you can drive around in carriages in this game I guess, on foot it takes quite some time to get around  :dunno:

• Like 1

Keep in mind I'm not terribly far into this game. Only just starting sequence 4 so I can't speak for the story right now. (can't see it being any more boring/forgetful than Unity anyways.)

The only real let down so far that I'm seeing is graphics. It's not even close, Unity wins this one. Playing Syndicate makes me feel like I'm back in AC Revelations.

Another somewhat annoyance is having to adapt to yet another button map. Aiming, eagle vision, throwing...why the hell can this shit just not stay the same?

Combat-wise, to me, it's just like the other games. Even without chain killing you are still doing the same thing over and over pretty much.

They actually gave back a few things that were taken away in Unity. The ability to carry/hide bodies and whistling which are incredibly helpful.

As for glitches? Haven't encountered any so far. No random air walkers and not even a guard who needs an exorcism when he is killed.

Out of boredom I did some measurements of the map in Unity and Syndicate. :P

The biggest number I could find on the Unity map was a little over 2100m. You could probably stretch this just a bit more.

I didn't need to do too much in Syndicate as at one point of the map placing a marker at a point across from it gave me over 2800m.

So Syndicate does have a bigger map than Unity and ACIII (if I'm not mistaken...ACIII might have a slightly bigger map?) But you shouldn't expect Black Flag numbers anymore unless we are given more naval aspects. The carriage makes that distance seem less for obvious reasons. Also, the amount of that map you actually will/need to cover is debatable anyways.

Best part about the map? I haven't uncovered a lot but it doesn't seem nearly as cluster-fucked as Unity did.

EDIT:
About the free-running. It's not difficult really...just moving around with R2 and then holding X when you're about to encounter a climbable object. Didn't have a single problem in Unity or Syndicate so far with the climbing. Same for going down. Just hold O.

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle

Overall I am happier with this game than what I expected at the beginning. This is the first AC since AC2 that I platinumed. I didn't have many problems with bugs, one of the cutscenes the characters disappeared and there were a couple weird graphical glitches that were funnier than they did any harm. Only technical problem I had with it was it crashing a couple times ( I believe twice through the entire game)

I enjoyed having the 2 characters and found some of the banter between the two humorous and the difference in playstyle a nice change. I do wish there was a bit of back story to them, however. They often mention their father but you never really learn much about him. 

As for the city itself it felt big enough and personally a little too big at sometimes. The carriages are nice, but it can still take a while to get to one side of the map to the other.

Well I guess everyone has different opinions after coming back from a game like Skyrim, Dragon Age Inquisition and GTA V that was worth my money to this... Sure you guys might have fun etc etc but when you think about the price do you honestly think it was worth that much? I don't think so and when I see glitches in that game it makes me want to (metaphorically) break the controller because I payed £54 and I assume everyone payed the same price for the game and they couldn't even fix simple glitches so I can't look at it saying "haha" I expect a well looked at and fixed game not a game with so many glitches. It's trailing behind unity its half of what unity was supposed to be, yes I expected the world to be bigger or just more varied I don't use carriages it feels like riding snake in a cardboard box though the city it is horrible, I prefer to run all the way it still feels little. It feels like there is aa wall stopping me from somewhere what if we had the country side etc that was a important part of England at the time too but ofc that isn't a good idea let's put people into a box.

I looked at game plays, people playing it, talking about it, reviews, warnings about it etc etc. And I thought il like it I looked at it for a long time but tbh it feels like those videos don't even feel the same way as the game if I can't go onto a building and my leg keeps going a bit into the building at £54 its unacceptable. I think gamers these days are really not asking for value and paying insane prices for games that aren't half worth it this is the first game I bought so early after release date on ps4 I usually wait, for things like uncharted 4 I feel it will have value because of the amount of time they spend on it assassin creed is always so rushed.

• Like 1

Well I guess everyone has different opinions after coming back from a game like Skyrim, Dragon Age Inquisition and GTA V that was worth my money to this... Sure you guys might have fun etc etc but when you think about the price do you honestly think it was worth that much? I don't think so and when I see glitches in that game it makes me want to (metaphorically) break the controller because I payed £54 and I assume everyone payed the same price for the game and they couldn't even fix simple glitches so I can't look at it saying "haha" I expect a well looked at and fixed game not a game with so many glitches. It's trailing behind unity its half of what unity was supposed to be, yes I expected the world to be bigger or just more varied I don't use carriages it feels like riding snake in a cardboard box though the city it is horrible, I prefer to run all the way it still feels little. It feels like there is aa wall stopping me from somewhere what if we had the country side etc that was a important part of England at the time too but ofc that isn't a good idea let's put people into a box.
I looked at game plays, people playing it, talking about it, reviews, warnings about it etc etc. And I thought il like it I looked at it for a long time but tbh it feels like those videos don't even feel the same way as the game if I can't go onto a building and my leg keeps going a bit into the building at £54 its unacceptable. I think gamers these days are really not asking for value and paying insane prices for games that aren't half worth it this is the first game I bought so early after release date on ps4 I usually wait, for things like uncharted 4 I feel it will have value because of the amount of time they spend on it assassin creed is always so rushed.

The bold is where you're going to face problems. Worth is entirely subjective. I'd pay full price and play Syndicate before I ever entertained the thought of getting a brand new copy of GTA V for free and playing it. 

The starting price for most new games is $60 where I am. Obviously the amount of content is going to vary from title to title so again...what you find not worth it is going to seem worth it to someone else. I'd pay full price for a game with less content like Syndicate than game like GTA V because that game isn't worth it to me. You obviously feel different and that's fine. 

Can't say one way or another with the glitches. Not everyone is experiencing them.

• Like 2

Sure you guys might have fun etc etc but when you think about the price do you honestly think it was worth that much?

Personally yes, I was more than happy to drop the $60 on this game, as I am with most any other game I have. Cost is subjective, everybody has a different budget they have to work with. I can understand when someone doesn't have a lot of money to spend on 'fun' items feels like they didn't get a good deal, but at someone with a fair bit of disposible income I'm fine with dropping that bit of money and supporting the series and developers that I love. AC is one of the series that I love so for me I don't even pay attention to the news before it's released or the reviews when it comes out. I go out on day one and pay for it at full price because I want more of it. For me even a 'bad' AC is still fun and I still have a good time with it.

Granted yes it is nice when the developer shows they really care about their players. For example witcher 3 you got a full game packed with stuff to do and then free dlc added on to that. But I don't expect every developer to do that. 

Well I guess everyone has different opinions I just personally didn't find it up to standards for £54. For me the story felt incredibly boring with no detail, I was planning on plating the game but that didn't work out not because I couldn't do it but because I couldn't take the game anymore, since it felt more of a chore I just left the game and don't really want to comeback to it. Probably the only reason for that will be something like... a game I need to play while something is downloading. I admit things like Dreadful Crimes were interesting and they were a solid sub quest line, fighting clubs were fun etc. many activities were fun. But the story for me was just 

Game = acting like it's interesting

Me = please save me this is boring

I didn't buy the game because it was the best seller for a while I just mentioned it as ''why would people buy this'', I checked out videos before buying it and was sure I will like it. Gameplay videos etc. seemed like they were promoting a very good game.

To the point of if it was worth it imo it wasn't, My financial situation isn't the best BUT I am not speaking only from that point of view. I think it is not worth the value even for a millionare with a thousand pounds in his wallet, I feel 2015 was a let down for gaming and I am not impressed... more dissapointed. I played black flag and loved that game, thought it was very solid and well made... so naturally I thought I will like Syndicate that is better then Unity so why not... I don't understand how it has more bugs than Black Flag a older game. Black Flag had way more spaces for bugs and failures due to it's size etc. but it managed to do better then Syndicate.

Meh... gaming industry is mostly a huge rip off for things that should be £35-45 

Personally I can see you're a big fan of the game since you said you don't read reviews and pay full price on first day, Then I am different. No matter how much may I love a game, I will read the reviews to make sure I am buying something worth my time. Even the things you love can be made in the stupidest way, I just hope that people can see it though the cloud of loving the game and accepting everything. For people who actually enjoy the game, they still have to admit there are bugs in it. If they can't they are simply a fanboy with opinions that shouldn't be even heard, I am assuming you are not like that since I don't want to judge from first sight. 

PS: I didn't buy GTA at full price lol, I bought it on a sale. I buy only specific games on full price I am like IGN I have high standards when it comes to games.

Edited by Raccoon_0

-Snipped and Trimmed- 

Frankly, Black Flag was a huge departure from it's predecessors. It's a much more open game where naval combat was spotlighted and much more open space with the sea, sailing, etc. The other games in the series are mainly located within cities offering a much different style of gameplay. And depending on when you played Black Flag your experience would be different as well. There's a documented list of the bugs and glitches found in the game when it came out on the Ubisoft site, so while it didn't experience the amount of bugs and glitches Unity did when released it did have it's typical share of them as most AAA games now released. Syndicate recently came out, and the amount of bugs and glitches you find right now are typical of most, if not all AAA titles. Unity, as well, right now, after all of the patches, is a solid game. 

Worth is subjective.  You did your research, tried the game and found you didn't like it. And that's completely fine. But the way you're coming about it is slightly condescending. (At least from how I'm reading it. Tone does not transmit well on the internet) To me it feels like you're putting down others that are stating their personal opinion, "Then I am different. No matter how much may I love a game, I will read the reviews to make sure I am buying something worth my time" does not help your argument. Fans of a series can acknowledge their flaws. You're painting a broad brush over all fans, using a minority as the general consensus of a whole population. You don't see fans of Fallout going around saying that the new Fallout 4 is completely free of glitches and bugs and it runs a smooth 60 fps as soon as the game starts. 

And imo, seriously? IGN? They literally took points off a game for it having too much water in it. And besides, the reviews on IGN are typically written by different people with different taste. One reviewer may be a fan of the genre and another may not. Reviews are all subjective anyhow and simply give a basic overview of a game.

• Like 2

Hm now Unity is it The Last Of Us bug type kind of fixed? BioShock infinite kind of fixed? Seriously. You pay money for a working game not a game with bugs, wanna explain why people are avoiding unity like black death? Paying less then $20 for assassin creeds their sales are down which was reported too. They're falling for very obvious reasons.

Oh I really need to go though people getting hurt by the internet, meh don't care about this too much since people lack the understanding of in a nutshell I was saying "its fine and people are different" my more personal opinion is mine and no one else's to judge so gtfo :D that's gonna be the quickest answer to that since I won't be sitting here kissing your feet because I offended the "assassin creed fan" seriously. Now this is funny fallout 4 OK... I'm not a fan of the game just someone trying it out so really if that was a comeback it was funny, you'll be looking a while to find franchises that are my favourite tbh and yes I do have some but I am not so stupid to do such idiotic mistakes of saying them. I will just highlight "THEH I'M DIFFERENT" aka. I don't agree with your point without saying "your opinion is wrong" so seriously I won't be down kissing your feet saying it like to some king so really back to the point of gtfo from this part.

I can see a game having too much water just saying if it would be a game like uncharted would you really want the map full of water with one piece of land? There is something like too much water YOU ARE JUST DIFFERENT (highlighting) and you don't agree with it. IGN's most basic description is very strict reviewers, if its by taste or not.

Edited by Raccoon_0

Well I guess everyone has different opinions I just personally didn't find it up to standards for £54. For me the story felt incredibly boring with no detail, I was planning on plating the game but that didn't work out not because I couldn't do it but because I couldn't take the game anymore, since it felt more of a chore I just left the game and don't really want to comeback to it. Probably the only reason for that will be something like... a game I need to play while something is downloading. I admit things like Dreadful Crimes were interesting and they were a solid sub quest line, fighting clubs were fun etc. many activities were fun. But the story for me was just 

Game = acting like it's interesting

Me = please save me this is boring

I didn't buy the game because it was the best seller for a while I just mentioned it as ''why would people buy this'', I checked out videos before buying it and was sure I will like it. Gameplay videos etc. seemed like they were promoting a very good game.

To the point of if it was worth it imo it wasn't, My financial situation isn't the best BUT I am not speaking only from that point of view. I think it is not worth the value even for a millionare with a thousand pounds in his wallet, I feel 2015 was a let down for gaming and I am not impressed... more dissapointed. I played black flag and loved that game, thought it was very solid and well made... so naturally I thought I will like Syndicate that is better then Unity so why not... I don't understand how it has more bugs than Black Flag a older game. Black Flag had way more spaces for bugs and failures due to it's size etc. but it managed to do better then Syndicate.

Meh... gaming industry is mostly a huge rip off for things that should be £35-45 

Personally I can see you're a big fan of the game since you said you don't read reviews and pay full price on first day, Then I am different. No matter how much may I love a game, I will read the reviews to make sure I am buying something worth my time. Even the things you love can be made in the stupidest way, I just hope that people can see it though the cloud of loving the game and accepting everything. For people who actually enjoy the game, they still have to admit there are bugs in it. If they can't they are simply a fanboy with opinions that shouldn't be even heard, I am assuming you are not like that since I don't want to judge from first sight. 

PS: I didn't buy GTA at full price lol, I bought it on a sale. I buy only specific games on full price I am like IGN I have high standards when it comes to games.

It's kinda hard to know who you're referencing in your posts....so if your post wasn't aimed at me then, apologies.

Black Flag is my favorite AC game they've made hands down. Especially its cast of characters. I couldn't tell you wtf a company does when making games and having bugs appear on day one that break them. It boggles my mind that when they test this game they either don't see it or don't give a flying fck and just put it out there.

As for your comment about being a fan and buying day one? lol 

Am I a fan? Yes. However, I bought my PS3 in 2012. Long after the first game even came out. I started with Brotherhood as it was a gift and I literally knew nothing about the series. Went back for AC and ACII and then went back to the way they were released. The ONLY PS3 AC game I bought new was Rogue and that's because I was working at GameStop at the time and got it $10 cheaper. My brother bought Syndicate day one because we had a feeling that it would run smoother than Unity did. And we were right. Not one glitch so far for us and we've concentrated on the map and income rather than the story for the moment. So we've played all over the place.

To further put your day one comment in perspective...I'll even list out every game I've personally bought day one. Mega Man X7, Kingdom Hearts II, Assassin's Creed Rogue. I also have Uncharted 4 (the $80 SE) because I couldn't pass this one up. It's one of the few series I like more than AC. Every other game I have or bought has been used. The amount of money I've saved by doing so has basically meant I've gotten all my new games for free. :giggle:

As for reviews? I know exactly what I like. Been gaming a long time now. Don't need a review on a game from a series I've enjoyed for years unless that game changes in unimaginable ways. (like if AC all of a sudden became a first person game lol.)

Bugs will always ALWAYS be around due to patching. Absolutely NOTHING the gaming community can do about it unless millions stop buying games all together and that will never happen. 

EDIT:

After seeing your recent posts after the one I quoted...

You are obviously mad your attempt at starting a bash thread failed. Go sit in the corner and suck your thumb alone now.

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle
  • Like 1

It costs developers $40,000 a time to patch games - no matter how big or small the patch.  I like the fact that developers (like Ubisoft) have very active forums where you can report bugs, glitches and issues.  It means they can gather up all of the reports and fix everything at once.  I've actually had some dealings with a couple of developers (on a very small scale) and they usually have to replicate the bugs before they can fix them.  Maybe if you're having such issues with the game it might be worthwhile posting on Ubisoft forums.  You mention Black Flag but that had more than it's share of bugs and glitches on release.

The Assassin's Creed games are not for everyone I suppose, personally I love the history and symbols within the games and I have been quite fortunate with glitches (apart from AC Brotherhood, which had significant frame drops)  I played Unity after it had been patched and it ran really well, I'm looking forward to playing Syndicate at some point too.  A lot of my friends who have played the AC series have said Syndicate is the best one since Assassin's Creed II, so I'm interested to play and form my own judgment.  As Avatar_of_Battle has already said, I've been gaming a long time now (since the Atari 2600) so I very much know what I like.

In one of the earlier posts you mention about games worth, if it's something that I can have hours of fun with, then yes I'm more than happy to pay $60 for it.  Equally I'd be pissed though to buy a game and for it to be a completely broken piece of shit, so usually I wait it out and look around reliable sources for information.  Worth is entirely subjective, I don't want to come across as being mean here but looking at your list, you have barely played any of your games to even begin to validate their worth  :blink:   If this is an alternate account you use to test games out on then I apologize.

No it isn't an alternate account but I am not a trophy hunter and I played more on a PC a lot of the games you see on my account are on my PC too were I have played them way more so yes I am allowed to judge~

Black Flag was definitely one of the better games I played, and assassin creed definitely is not a bad series. But some games are more than pathetic and are early access that is my problem with the series. I have spend other £90 this week one for Assassin Creed Syndicate and the other for Fallout 4. I admit Fallout 4 has more bugs but the story imo is way better carried out and also carries way more interest. Assassin Creed Syndicate just failed the story for me. It seemed very plain and like it was describing a life as ''I woke up walked down the street went to the supermarket'' (metaphorically) instead of a story like ''this experiment is happening stop it now, boss battle, more story, plot twist''

If some games I validated badly are on PS3/PS4 only then that is because they had so many bugs and glitches it was unbearable. If your character for eg. floats off. That is not worth £54.99

@Avatar_Of_Battle to your PS - meh whatever, guess what I am actually not alone and couldn't care less about your words if this was an attempt and bashing me it really failed.

This has gone the way of every opinion thread it seems :(

Go sit in the corner and suck your thumb alone now.

That doesn't seem warranted...

It costs developers $40,000 a time to patch games 

That's a fixed price? That seems expensive and unlikely, especially in the case of indie devs. (I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm saying it sounds like a strange thing to enforce)

Edited by Makise Kurisu
  • Like 1

That doesn't seem warranted...

Should read the comments before saying that maybe? Allow me to bold the TC's comments that warrant such a statement. Not going to sit here in an obvious bait thread and let the TC say stupid shit to people who not only didn't throw insults first, but gave reasonable points to contend with his opening statement of being disappointed. Nobody here was saying his opinion was wrong in the slightest as a matter of fact I first stated that it was ok that he had a differing opinion. 

"Oh I really need to go though people getting hurt by the internet, meh don't care about this too much since people lack the understanding of in a nutshell I was saying "its fine and people are different" my more personal opinion is mine and no one else's to judge so gtfo  :D that's gonna be the quickest answer to that since I won't be sitting here kissing your feet because I offended the "assassin creed fan" seriously. Now this is funny fallout 4 OK... I'm not a fan of the game just someone trying it out so really if that was a comeback it was funny, you'll be looking a while to find franchises that are my favourite tbh and yes I do have some but I am not so stupid to do such idiotic mistakes of saying them. I will just highlight "THEH I'M DIFFERENT" aka. I don't agree with your point without saying "your opinion is wrong" so seriously I won't be down kissing your feet saying it like to some king so really back to the point of gtfo from this part."

• Like 1