Blops III is the Biggest Entertainment Launch of 2015; Highest Player Engagement of Seriers

Parker

It may not be to my tastes, but good for them. This is certainly the 1st CoD in ages that I've even considered buying (I haven't yet), so they were doing something right. 

I really wish more gamers had this attitude. It is possible to dislike a game or series without saying it is the shittiest game ever or the whole community sucks and all the jazz. There is so much negativity in our hobby so it is refreshing to read something like this. 

Parker

• Like 2

I really wish more gamers had this attitude. It is possible to dislike a game or series without saying it is the shittiest game ever or the whole community sucks and all the jazz. There is so much negativity in our hobby so it is refreshing to read something like this. 

Like it or not, it's clearly one of the industry's biggest and most well known franchises and is popular with the silent majority of people who don't come onto forums, as it proves every year, not just at launch. They're clearly and obviously doing something right, even if what they're doing doesn't appeal to me as much as it did once.

Plus, you caught me on a good day. :P

If I had a PS4, i'd actually consider buying this one. The only CoD game I ever truly enjoyed (and still do) is CoD 4, and I haven't bought a game in the series since BO1, but the campaign and zombies mode do look enticing in this game. I don't think the series will ever return to what made the multiplayer originally so great, but maybe it shouldn't - I don't want to keep playing the same stuff over and over, I want new experiences. 

It's funny that the people who say 'Call of Duty sucks' or 'It's the same every year' probably have never played any Call of Duty Game ever. Then there's the people that think only little kids and psychos play it. I suppose the reason though that the community has a bad image is because of certain things such as - A Treyarch developer changing some code in Black Ops 2 to make a Sniper shoot slower, He receives death threats on Twitter.

So, It doesn't surprise me since it's always the loud minority that make the rest look bad. Anyways, I think it's to be expected that Black Ops 3 was always going to be a big release considering how popular Black Ops 2 is. I haven't actually played Black Ops 3 though and don't intend to do so as I only have PS3 and there's no Campaign so I can't really comment on what I think about it compared to previous titles.

• Like 1

I didn't mind Ghosts and still play the MP of it on Wii U regularly.

I quite enjoyed Advanced Warfare's (predictable) campaign too.

Black Ops 3's campaign is by far the worst of any Call of Duty title in my opinion. I'm still trying to force myself through another mission each day, normally I'd jump in and beat the thing in one or two sittings but I don't even want to go back to the campaign.

Multiplayer is the fucking tits though. I mean, it's ripping off a whole bunch of other games, but who cares when the end result is as fun as Black Ops 3's multiplayer is?

Parker

I'm actually not surprised at the positive feedback with Black Ops III. Treyarch always puts out great Call of Duty titles. The series gets bashed a lot, but clearly those that do are not fans and/or have experienced the more poorly constructed titles. The series is extremely popular and therefore attracts a lot of people, many of which are kids who are not socially inept to deal with others in a anonymous environment.

Although no one in their right mind would say that they are bad games (take away a few titles that were not up to par). Not liking the series or genre is one thing, but saying that the whole series is bad is illogical. Treyarch's contribution has been exceptional in my opinion.

• Like 1

You know, looking back. I never really was a huge CoD fan and I'm still not but.. I'm kinda intrigued to buy the game down the line. I won't hate on a series or hate on anyone for liking it, this seems entertaining to say the least.

Maybe it'll win me over and make me buy the other games.. whenever I can afford it. :giggle:

As I said in another thread, best multiplayer since MW3. Treyarch have always seemed to not favor the bad connections with compensation while playing online, waw, blops and blops 2 have never been a problem with me where as the IW titles I find I'm looking for lobbies with 4 bar players. I think allot of us want another COD from an actual war including myself, blops 3 has improved everything that AW did so poorly. Just my opinion.