Your Next Game - The Lottery 3 (event closed)

Can i still sign for participation?

Unfortunately this round has already started, but it's been more successful (in my opinion) each time it runs, so there will most likely be a Round 4 in the future. So you are certainly welcome to stalk this thread, and even participate in discussions, until the next round. (effdeegee gets sad when there's not a lot of posts in the thread. You don't want to make him SAD, do you??? ;) )

Snip

Snap

And if you miss signups every time by just a few hours, FDG will eventually give you a "Why am I always 5 minutes late for this damn thing? This is 3 damn times in a row now. I swear I'll make it next time, just send me a friggin' email or text or something so I can remember." slot :)

• Like 1

HEY GUYS IM BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK! With a fresh new HDMI cable and im ready to download Okami xD Sorry ive not been very active, still waiting on the internet limit to reset for december. Its amazing how boring life is without internet...but it did get me watching Trailer park boys from the very beginning. That show is fucking hilarious holy shit. I know its like a Canadian initiation to watch trailer park boys but i just never got around to it. I finished season 1 and 2 over the week and its hilarious! Sucks the seasons are so short but im enjoying it while it lasts. 

Anyways, im at school today and downloading my goodies, ive got some telltale games to download and other crap to try and reach my goal of 230 plats before december is over. 

• Like 4

lol Trailer Park Boys; if I had a nickel...

There was the time my buddy and I were cruising around on our bikes and he missed a jump and broke his ribs on a rock in the back yard of the place they were shooting. Some lady with a headset came over and was like, "You guys need to keep it down. We're shooting over here." and, while my friend is in a heap, moaning and wheezing for his life, I said sarcastically, "Sorry. My buddy's just really upset because grass stains are such a bitch to get out of jeans."

Then there was the time my Mother got to hang out with them because she was visiting my Uncle, her Brother, and he lived in the same trailer park where they did the majority of their taping. She took a few pictures of them together and a few more of all the extra drink glasses they had stored in the props section.

The coolest would have to be when our pool league held their year end awards at Bubbles' own private club, called "Bubbles' Mansion", and it just happened to be on the same night that the Trailer Park Boys were having their "yay signed contract for more seasons" and "yay dvd box set from last season" release party. We hung out all night and got drunk with the cast, won some real trophies and watched an advanced private screening of the upcoming season opener.

The twins I was at the party with; that'll be a story for another time. :awesome:

So, yeah. If I had a nickel... I guess I would only have a nickel then. :hmm:

• Like 3

There was the time my buddy and I were cruising around on our bikes and he missed a jump and broke his ribs on a rock in the back yard of the place they were shooting. Some lady with a headset came over and was like, "You guys need to keep it down. We're shooting over here." and, while my friend is in a heap, moaning and wheezing for his life, I said sarcastically, "Sorry. My buddy's just really upset because grass stains are such a bitch to get out of jeans."

Then there was the time my Mother got to hang out with them because she was visiting my Uncle, her Brother, and he lived in the same trailer park where they did the majority of their taping. She took a few pictures of them together and a few more of all the extra drink glasses they had stored in the props section.

The coolest would have to be when our pool league held their year end awards at Bubbles' own private club, called "Bubbles' Mansion", and it just happened to be on the same night that the Trailer Park Boys were having their "yay signed contract for more seasons" and "yay dvd box set from last season" release party. We hung out all night and got drunk with the cast, won some real trophies and watched an advanced private screening of the upcoming season opener.

The twins I was at the party with; that'll be a story for another time. :awesome:

Thats freaking awesome, I completely forgot the show was filmed in Nova Scotia. Hahah damn dude, that must have been surreal. 

Thats freaking awesome, I completely forgot the show was filmed in Nova Scotia. Hahah damn dude, that must have been surreal.

Not to sound douchy but, we don't look at them like they're stars or anything. We see them every day so, they're more like neighbours that just happen to be doing something with their time. A friendly wave and then back to whatever you were doing.

If you wanna see stars, you gotta come down here in the summer because this place has developed bit of a Hollywood vacationing trend. The place is so beautiful, clean and quiet and the folks here don't go full retard for big stars so, they all come here to relax on vacation. Actually, I think Ethan Hawke and Uma Thurman have a cottage not too far from here. :)

• Like 1

Not to sound douchy but, we don't look at them like they're stars or anything. We see them every day so, they're more like neighbours that just happen to be doing something with their time. A friendly wave and then back to whatever you were doing.

If you wanna see stars, you gotta come down here in the summer because this place has developed bit of a Hollywood vacationing trend. The place is so beautiful, clean and quiet and the folks here don't go full retard for big stars so, they all come here to relax on vacation. Actually, I think Ethan Hawke and Uma Thurman have a cottage not too far from here. :)

They definitely dont seem like stars hahah. Are their personalities similar? Or are they just REALLY good actors? Well my only knowledge of nova scotia is from Trailer park boys and it doesnt seem like a beautiful clean quiet place xD Im just messing around, im sure its awesome. Thats pretty cool, i had no idea its been a hotspot for celebs. 

• Like 2

Wow, that's quite a story. I can see why they would like vacationing up there, though... It can actually be a vacation.

Closest I have to that experience is when a smaller (I am assuming) movie group filmed at the house across the street for a while. "Zeroes" is the movie name they gave, I have not found anything about it.

Anyway, they picked the right day to stop filming, because the very next day we had a large storm, plus someone's blimp came unmoored and was wandering around the country unpiloted. I don't know which one caused it, just that I was stuck on my street until the electric company replaced the utility poles the next day.

post-17577-0-82638800-1449168541_thumb.jpg

Edited by SolarCat02
  • Like 1

Sounds more like three nickels, now we're getting somewhere!

Booo, where are the spectator stats? ;)

I swear to God I'm not even joking when I tell you that I was thinking about doing spectator stats literally the entire time I was tapping away at my screen. I opted not to because there's really only 4 or 5 return viewers and they know who they are.

• Like 1

Alrighty, folks! :D

Before I reveal the list, here's a few stats as an amuse bouche.

1. Of the 10 participants, only 1 has a different forum name from their PSNID; Boooda dropped the "56" from his ID.

2. Of the 10 participants, 4 are Canadian! :D (USA has 2 and then 4 singles).

3. During the game selection process, 8 of 10 games landed first on the first result. Even more amazing is the fact that Boooda56 already had 528 games played and the game picked for him landed first try. :o Both of the 2 failures landed on their second attempt.

4. This is the first time that 2 participants were assigned the same game within the same event. EDIT: Um... yeah. Thanks to my mistake. :ninja:

5. I had already owned the game that was assigned to me (2 out of the 3 potential choices, actually). :awesome:

6. When I came back to write this post, I saw Quikdrawjoe's post that said, "32 minutes until we riot" (written 31 minutes ago) and was like, "Phew. With 1 minute left to spare!" :jaymon::lol:

Here we go!

2. Boooda56 is to play Okami HD on PS3.

8. kittyxiii is to play Tearaway on PS Vita. EDIT: AAACTUALLY it's really supposed to be Final Fantasy X for PS Vita. :ninja:

Okami doesn't look like Star Ocean :( Oh well it is an amazing game :)

Also Tearaway vs FFX...little bit different in terms of Plat Length :P

• Like 1

Booo, where are the spectator stats? ;)

I swear to God I'm not even joking when I tell you that I was thinking about doing spectator stats literally the entire time I was tapping away at my screen. I opted not to because there's really only 4 or 5 return viewers and they know who they are.

Plus it already took him 2 hours to make the post. WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?!