The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

overall, a good survivor series.

womens match was reasonable. i dont know what happened to bella before the start?

miz's wife is starting to get really annoying. one of these days he'll have to defend his belt in a cagematch so that she doesnt interfere again. constantly cheating is doing a disservive to the IC belt.

tag match was ok, abit too packed. i loved how new day got rid of early, they're such an annoying bunch. glad cesaro and sheamus won; hopefully they'll knock new day off their perch someday.

didnt care much for the cruiserweight match, i used the time to rest and get something to eat. why do they keep turning the ropes purple for those matches?

singles men survivor series match was really well done, excellent effort, though they could have spent less time outside the ring. i enjoyed the journey in that match, and it got predictable knowing orton has a good record in such matches, but am glad the wyatt family won this match without having to look like losers they always ended up as in the past.

last match was my favourite. i FUCKING LOVED how lesnar got paid to look like goldbergs bitch!! i have been saying all along, lesnar should lose because he needs to start giving back. the guy's a dick and doesnt care about wrestling or the fans, only money. goldberg has more personality and dignity, and was surprised how strong he was in this match. pushed lesnar down easily. two spears that could have killed a normal dude like me. and the jackhammer was glorious. i absolutely loved that ending.

survivor series ALWAYS has a shocker up its sleave and this year was no exception. overall, i was happy with the ppv. hopefully goldberg has his eyes on rusev next - perhaps they can face off at wrestlemania? and fuck lesnar - he can go back to taking his dick shrinking pills :D

goldberg has more personality and dignity, 

Sorry man, gotta wholeheartedly disagree with you there.  Goldberg's reputation is made up of two things, and only two things:  arrogance and wrecklessness (I'm making that a word).  It's a well known fact that Goldberg's initial push went to his head and he became impossible to work with.  His attitude single handidly pushed guys like Jericho out of WCW because they knew there was no future to be had as long as Goldberg was around.  He also injured many a worker and even ended the career of the greatest of all time.  If you think Brock is only about the money (and you're not wrong) then you must not have followed the 2 year long negotiations between Bill and the WWE where he stated publicly, more than once, that he wouldn't come back unless it was for an absurd amount of money.  The dude has no respect for the industry, or it's workers, and is, was, and always will be only out for himself.  Like Predator said above.  Fuck Goldberg.

• Like 3

So what was the point of The Undertaker issuing a warning on Smackdown Live that they better beat Team RAW? I mean, it would've been better for Team Smackdown to lose so we could experience this wrath The Undertaker threatened. It just feels like it was unnecessary for The Undertaker to even say anything if Smackdown was going to win anyways.

So what was the point of The Undertaker issuing a warning on Smackdown Live that they better beat Team RAW? I mean, it would've been better for Team Smackdown to lose so we could experience this wrath The Undertaker threatened. It just feels like it was unnecessary for The Undertaker to even say anything if Smackdown was going to win anyways.

Yeah I had assumed either AJ would have cost Dean the win or vice versa (similar to how they did do it) and then Taker takes it out on the one that fucked up...but No, they did the interference stuff but won in the end o_O

So is Sasha going to lose the title next month then? I mean I don't think she has defended the title successfully yet so here is to another 4 week reign.

I mean if they were just going to give her the title back why not let her defend it in her hometown in the first ever women's hell in a cell...in the first ever women's main event. I mean that would have been a big moment and one the crowd could have gotten behind... does this company seriously not know what the fuck they are doing anymore.

I mean the Women's title has flipped so many times since Wrestlemania that all value is completely gone...and that doesn't even take into affect that there are 2 women's titles so that makes the value even less than it actually is.

So is Sasha going to lose the title next month then? I mean I don't think she has defended the title successfully yet so here is to another 4 week reign.

I mean if they were just going to give her the title back why not let her defend it in her hometown in the first ever women's hell in a cell...in the first ever women's main event. I mean that would have been a big moment and one the crowd could have gotten behind... does this company seriously not know what the fuck they are doing anymore.

I mean the Women's title has flipped so many times since Wrestlemania that all value is completely gone...and that doesn't even take into affect that there are 2 women's titles so that makes the value even less than it actually is.

Vince is officially reached stubborn old fool status.  And stubborn old fool logic dictates that the talent loses in their hometown.  Period.  That's the way it's always been so that's how it has to be.  In any stubborn old fool's brain there's absolutely no reason to change, ever... just ask baseball.

Vince is officially reached stubborn old fool status.  And stubborn old fool logic dictates that the talent loses in their hometown.  Period.  That's the way it's always been so that's how it has to be.  In any stubborn old fool's brain there's absolutely no reason to change, ever... just ask baseball.

And I am not even saying you should always win in your home town either (because that becomes predictable) but sometimes you have to just do what makes sense and the babyface winning in a landmark match in their hometown just makes sense.

I mean I could understand if Charlotte needed the title because she was going to feud with whomever and the title had to be on the line but to switch it a month later makes it seem like they just wanted Sasha to lose for the reasons you mentioned.

It is also why Sasha should have won at Mania. I mean you gave her the big entrance, there was the new title being unveiled...it is Mania...the Babyface should have won. It is also why it should have been Sasha, Charlotte, Becky or whomever that should have denounced the Divas title (ala Shane Douglas) and demanded a new title and to be called Wrestler not Divas. But instead they gave that big moment to Stephanie and then are flabergasted why the "women's revolution" didn't get over.

I know "armchair" booker is easy to do...but in this case it isn't armchair booking...it is common fucking sense.

About Charlotte winning at HiaC; I'm pretty sure the purpose of that was purely to keep Charlotte's PPV win streak intact. But still, I am getting pretty tired of watching superstars lose in their hometown recently.

I enjoyed TLC, and I'm glad Alexa Bliss won the championship. I like Becky, but it's a breath of fresh air seeing someone else other than Becky, Sasha, and Charlotte as champion. I also kinda got more excited than I should of watching The Wyatt Family win the Tag Champs :P

• 2 weeks later...

It could be interesting. The WWE has historically been a US-focused company however, so years of these preferences means that it's going to be hard to convince non-UK fans to care about it. I'm going to try and be optimistic though - at the very least, they can't do much worse with it than the European title. All that said though, the UK is home to some phenomenal talent though, so I'm looking forward to seeing the matches this belt will produce.

1 hour ago, SkyesUnholy said:

Anyone care to comment on the newly announced WWE United Kingdom Championship and it's tournament to crown it's first winner to take place next year? Nigel McGuinness will be co-hosting the event! alongside... Michael Cole...

Its seems like an awesome event although a little disappointed that Will osprey and Marty scrull won't be featured in this :( still though I will be in attendance on the Saturday so should be a fun event :D

On 2016-12-16 at 8:33 AM, darkamdusias said:

It could be interesting. The WWE has historically been a US-focused company however, so years of these preferences means that it's going to be hard to convince non-UK fans to care about it. I'm going to try and be optimistic though - at the very least, they can't do much worse with it than the European title. All that said though, the UK is home to some phenomenal talent though, so I'm looking forward to seeing the matches this belt will produce.

Also it would be great if guys like Neville could go back and be the Star of that brand. I mean they are doing nothing with him...so why not?

3 hours ago, Splathew said:

Why does Vince hate Banks? ugh...

What's funny is that she has held the Raw Women's title three times and has a combined reign of 74 days, yet she had the NXT Women's title once and had it for 192 days. Which is also weird that she has the shortest reign out of all of the women who held the title. If Vince truely hates her, then he has hated her in NXT too.

I'm not worried about the titles in WWE anymore because booking has proved that championships aren't what they used to be. All around, the best match of the night goes to Banks v. Flair because they made one another look believable and strong against one another -- basically as equals.

On 12/17/2016 at 9:54 PM, Dr_Mayus said:

Also it would be great if guys like Neville could go back and be the Star of that brand. I mean they are doing nothing with him...so why not?

And just like that he has a whole new chance to get massively over as a UK cruiserweight heel, lol.

Also, did anyone else notice the ring announcer (I think it was Lilian Garcia?) spoil the Sasha Charlotte match result when Charlotte got Sasha to tap right at the end?

Edited by skidmarkgn

24 minutes ago, skidmarkgn said:

And just like that he has a whole new chance to get massively over as a UK cruiserweight heel, lol.

Also, did anyone else notice the ring announcer (I think it was Lilian Garcia?) spoil the Sasha Charlotte match result when Charlotte got Sasha to tap right at the end?

Lilian no longer works with the WWE, the ring announcer's name is JoJo. I'm curious, was it when she was trying to find her words like "Charlotte has gone uh up a fall" or something like that, or was it at the end of overtime?

10 hours ago, Kingphisher_IX said:

Lilian no longer works with the WWE, the ring announcer's name is JoJo. I'm curious, was it when she was trying to find her words like "Charlotte has gone uh up a fall" or something like that, or was it at the end of overtime?

Yeah, it was when she said that.  I immediately knew Charlotte was going to win the match when that happened.