The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

What are your guys' opinions on the whole Alberto Del Rio and Paige relationship?

Recently, Paige posted on her Instagram a picture of a tattoo of Alberto's name on her ribcage, but she proceeded to delete it nearly a minute after posting it, due to the immediate hatred comments, obviously, with many disapproving of her relationship with him and that she went to go as far as tattooing his name on her.

Given how recently, Alberto Del Rio was released from the WWE, it's probably more than likely Paige will follow, even though she has a contract with WWE, good until 2019. Also, that since WWE doesn't see the two as a viable couple at all, they even threatened to fire her if she didn't break up with him. Triple H even said that he sees Paige's future in WWE, but Del Rio is a bad influence to her.

What are your guys' opinions on the whole Alberto Del Rio and Paige relationship?

Recently, Paige posted on her Instagram a picture of a tattoo of Alberto's name on her ribcage, but she proceeded to delete it nearly a minute after posting it, due to the immediate hatred comments, obviously, with many disapproving of her relationship with him and that she went to go as far as tattooing his name on her.

Given how recently, Alberto Del Rio was released from the WWE, it's probably more than likely Paige will follow, even though she has a contract with WWE, good until 2019. Also, that since WWE doesn't see the two as a viable couple at all, they even threatened to fire her if she didn't break up with him. Triple H even said that he sees Paige's future in WWE, but Del Rio is a bad influence to her.

Ugh. Such a waste if she ends up leaving. I hope she doesn't, but something tells me she will.  :(

Looks like I'm a bit late for the party to give my thoughts on BackLash. So I'll move on to the next two.

I feel like they purposefully did the two triple threat matches in the PPV main events just to see which people are more interested to see. They are just so similar, I feel like im watching the same match:

You have two new champs (AJ and KO)

Two babyface wrestlers that many people dislike placed in the match (Cena and Reigns)

and two wrestlers that got screwed over through storyline (Ambrose and Rollins)

So question of the day: Which PPV main event are you looking forward to?

Personally, I prefer SD over Raw, as I'm mostly a fan of AJ and Dean and enjoyed their rivalry (2/3). Raw's triple threat only has one of my favorite wrestlers: Kevin owens. Seth Rollins is good, but his gimmick is starting to get stale in my opinion. And Reign, along with Cena, needs to stay away from the main event for a while.

EDIT: I stand corrected about Raw's PPV main event. Ignore my post

Edited by GoodbyeBread

Can't say I'm too thrilled about TJP winning the tournament and being the 1st champion for the cruiserweights but I understand the move.  The guy's a natural heel with his cockiness that borders on arrogance and they need someone for guys like Alexander and, most importantly, Ibushi to chase.  Hopefully when one of the actual top cruisers takes it from him it will be a great moment, like Sasha winning on RAW a while back.

I change the channel now whenever Stowman, Nia Jax or Bo Dallas has a match. These squash matches are stupid, and is a waste of everyone's time.

Two of them (Strowman and Jax) have graduated into a "beginner's feud" with Sin Cara and Fox.  Shouldn't be long before they're wrestling decent mid-carders to see if they'll sink or swim.

I don't see the point of having two women divisions just to have the same 6 wrestlers having matches every week. And now they don't even bother on finishing those matches. Ugh.

Same with the tag division. Why not give 1 show the women and 1 show the tag teams.

But NOoooooooooooooo WWE wanted the shows to be "equal" aka Worse :(

Same with the tag division. Why not give 1 show the women and 1 show the tag teams.

But NOoooooooooooooo WWE wanted the shows to be "equal" aka Worse :(

At least you can make teams on the fly using any two wrestlers.

IMO, they should have done it like the previous brand split where RAW had the female division and Smackdown the Cruiserweigth.

Last night the work was great, the outcomes were fine, the whole event, save one thing, was pretty damn good.  That one thing though...

New day retains - outside interference 

Charlotte retains - outside interference

Roman wins U.S title - outside interference

KO retains - outside interference

When the Network started and people got to pay $9.99 a month instead of $50-$60 a month per PPV, the quality of the events took a dip.  Not so much the work, but the payoffs.  Now that there was such a huge discount in price they were treating the events more like glorified episodes of RAW and Smackdown.  Now that there's 7 new PPV's a year (for a whopping 19 total) and It's going to be 2 weeks on average in between events, the dip looks like it's going to be a dive.

PPV's have traditionally been where feuds end and someone wins.  Before the network existed, having the majority of the matches on a PPV card have either dirty, or unfinished (Shaemus/Cesaro) would have caused an absolute uprising from fans who would have wasted a decent chunk of money to watch the equivalent of a good RAW.  I get that now it's cheap enough to get away with some shenanigans but last night pushed it way too far.

• Like 2