The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

Fastlane: It was great, and I'm glad that Chris Jericho got his revenge from Kevin Owens. Goldberg being the WWE Universal Champion is probably a bad idea, though that it what he wanted since his return to WWE earlier this year. Looks like we only have 27 days left for Wrestlemania, where we'll see him battle Brock Lesnar once again. Roman Reigns and Braun Strowman's match was epic! Reigns defeating the monster is a big deal definitely :). Also, glad that Bayley is still RAW Women's Champion.

RAW tonight, let's see what goes in action! :D 

Edited by ee28max

11 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

-Main Event Universal Title-Goldberg (the guy that got concussed from banging his head against a locker and who hasn't had a match longer than 2 minutes) going against the guy that never wrestles

That match is going to be the match of the year. :D  Bigger then John Cena vs The Rock, bigger then Stone Cold vs The Rock, Bigger then aaaannnd its over,wow. 

Edited by marvelboy10
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

-Women's Title Match-a Fucking 4 way for the title. This match could have meant something but they already gave Bailey the title AND had her beat Charlotte's PPV streak...so now we are getting a watered down match with no historical significance on the line...awesome

The women's title match yesterday was the biggest piece of evidence that Vince is done.  

Charlotte, the heel. first banishes whats-her-face to the backstage so she can do it alone, then Bayley, the face, wins because of an unprovoked run-in from Sahsa... which somehow didn't result in a DQ.  Nothing about that makes sense.  They could have done literally anything else and it would have worked.  Charlotte wins, fine she loses her 1st PPV at 'Mania and it's an event.  Bayley wins clean, fine, opportunity missed to have Charlotte's 1st ppv loss blah blah blah.  Not a disaster, but at least it makes sense.  Sahsa runs-in, helps Bayley win, then attacks her after the match, great, sets up a fatal 4-way that makes sense and puts Bayley as a huge underdog having to face 3 heels.  She overcomes and wins, Bam, Bayley's WM moment.  Sasha runs-in, gets Bayley DQ'd, the pattern continues until WM, Bayley's had enough and demands a three way that somehow morphs into a 4-way (get your mind outta the gutter pervert).  Any of that would have been better.  Vince, however, in a true Vince move, looks at the worst possible decision and chooses it.  He's done.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

The women's title match yesterday was the biggest piece of evidence that Vince is done.  

Charlotte, the heel. first banishes whats-her-face to the backstage so she can do it alone, then Bayley, the face, wins because of an unprovoked run-in from Sahsa... which somehow didn't result in a DQ.  Nothing about that makes sense.  They could have done literally anything else and it would have worked.  Charlotte wins, fine she loses her 1st PPV at 'Mania and it's an event.  Bayley wins clean, fine, opportunity missed to have Charlotte's 1st ppv loss blah blah blah.  Not a disaster, but at least it makes sense.  Sahsa runs-in, helps Bayley win, then attacks her after the match, great, sets up a fatal 4-way that makes sense and puts Bayley as a huge underdog having to face 3 heels.  She overcomes and wins, Bam, Bayley's WM moment.  Sasha runs-in, gets Bayley DQ'd, the pattern continues until WM, Bayley's had enough and demands a three way that somehow morphs into a 4-way (get your mind outta the gutter pervert).  Any of that would have been better.  Vince, however, in a true Vince move, looks at the worst possible decision and chooses it.  He's done.

Yes, yes and all yes.

I wish they hadn't given Baley the title until Mania but what is done is done...but why not have a DQ to preserve Charlotte's streak until Mania...I mean it wasn't like they gave us a clean finish anyways so you might as well preserve a gimmick

What truly bothers me about WWE (or should I say RAW) is Roman Reigns. I know this has been discussed and debated into the ground for years at this stage, but I think the past week has just erased all hope in my mind that they might give other people a chance.

The way Roman Reigns has been booked the past three years means that he will always be a threat no matter what going forward; he's had too many big victories in his career to simply drop down the card or to not be taken seriously by fans. However, it's beyond ridiculous how Roman Reigns keeps being given the opportunities that he doesn't need to the detriment or every other wrestler on the roster.

Did he really need to be the one to stop Strowman? Does he really need the rub from wrestling and probably beating Taker? Why the hell aren't these opportunities going to wrestler who NEED them. Surely Sami Zayn could've kept tackling Strowman until he finally got one over him. For me, there's just a better story to tell there. 

Roman being handed every big opportunity is not only weakening the entire roster, but it's weakening the whole damn product. 

Why should I watch a show centred around a character who always wins with the same moves, and shows no development or growth based on his experiences? Honestly, he's still wearing the Shield gear, he still uses the Shield music, and he hasn't shown any change in his promos or personality. The character of Roman Reigns has not changed based on his defeats or victories; he's the same guy regardless. 

And that makes everything inherently pointless. He'll win against The Undertaker, and then he'll defeat the next guy who's built up anywhere near his level. 

Again, I'm sorry that this has been said a million times, but this past week has just shown me that they just don't care anymore.

2 hours ago, Gotakibono said:

What truly bothers me about WWE (or should I say RAW) is Roman Reigns. I know this has been discussed and debated into the ground for years at this stage, but I think the past week has just erased all hope in my mind that they might give other people a chance.

The way Roman Reigns has been booked the past three years means that he will always be a threat no matter what going forward; he's had too many big victories in his career to simply drop down the card or to not be taken seriously by fans. However, it's beyond ridiculous how Roman Reigns keeps being given the opportunities that he doesn't need to the detriment or every other wrestler on the roster.

Did he really need to be the one to stop Strowman? Does he really need the rub from wrestling and probably beating Taker? Why the hell aren't these opportunities going to wrestler who NEED them. Surely Sami Zayn could've kept tackling Strowman until he finally got one over him. For me, there's just a better story to tell there. 

Roman being handed every big opportunity is not only weakening the entire roster, but it's weakening the whole damn product. 

Why should I watch a show centred around a character who always wins with the same moves, and shows no development or growth based on his experiences? Honestly, he's still wearing the Shield gear, he still uses the Shield music, and he hasn't shown any change in his promos or personality. The character of Roman Reigns has not changed based on his defeats or victories; he's the same guy regardless. 

And that makes everything inherently pointless. He'll win against The Undertaker, and then he'll defeat the next guy who's built up anywhere near his level. 

Again, I'm sorry that this has been said a million times, but this past week has just shown me that they just don't care anymore.

Cena 2.0.  The one difference, it's NOT too late to turn Reigns heel.  I've said it before, and I'll say it again, a heel turn against Taker (alongside a victory) would cement an already hated "superstar" into the top heel on RAW, which I think everyone, except for the chiiiiiiiildren, would love.

RAW (6/3/2017): It was one of the best RAW shows I've seen so far this year. Everything was in place, everyone had their own rivalries. Chris Jericho's introduction was great. He challenged Kevin Owens to a WrestleMania match for the US title. Looks like Y2J is on the good side now. Samoa Joe is undefeated since his RAW debut. I don't think anyone is up to defeat him at the moment, even Sami Zayn can't take him on, who knows? The Undertaker returns and Roman Reigns shows him up. Watching them look at the WrestleMania sign gives me a clue, they're probably gonna have a match at WM. Bayley goes to WM with her title and faces Charlotte and Sasha Banks in triple threat, looks great. Seth Rollins will be at WM, I know it. His rehabilitation was awesome, watching him exercise his right knee. Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman's trap has successfully worked on Goldberg, he finally F-5'd him. However, I don't think Goldberg will defeat Brock at WM. Brock might conquer him. Can't wait for WM. I missed it last year, but hell I ain't this year :D.

SmackDown LIVE (7/3/2017): Randy Orton secures his spot at WM for the WWE Champion against Bray Wyatt. I also heard rumors that Sister Abigail's body was burned during the fire in the compound. I'm not if it's true though. I don't know what has gone into AJ Styles' mind at all. Arguing with Shane? My gosh. The Lone Wolf strikes The Lunatic Fringe and it looks like he's injured. Hope he makes it to WM and face him for the Intercontinental champion. Cena and Nikki's first tag team partnership wasn't bad at all. That was until Miz and Maryse destroyed them. I wonder if there'll be a mixed tag team match at WM. I don't know :hmm:.

On 3/6/2017 at 8:14 PM, Juzota said:

WrestleMania should be SmackDown exclusive. RAW stuff is so godawful at the moment...

No, both RAW and SmackDown LIVE. I don't think that would ever happen, because WrestleMania is the biggest Pay-Per View in WWE, plus Bray Wyatt has to defend his WWE title against the 2017 Royal Rumble winner, Randy Orton. Goldberg has to defend his WWE Universal title against Brock Lesnar. Other matches from both rosters will play at WM. This year's WM will be epic! :D 

On 3/8/2017 at 5:44 AM, ee28max said:

RAW (6/3/2017): It was one of the best RAW shows I've seen so far this year. Everything was in place, everyone had their own rivalries. Chris Jericho's introduction was great. He challenged Kevin Owens to a WrestleMania match for the US title. Looks like Y2J is on the good side now. Samoa Joe is undefeated since his RAW debut. I don't think anyone is up to defeat him at the moment, even Sami Zayn can't take him on, who knows? The Undertaker returns and Roman Reigns shows him up. Watching them look at the WrestleMania sign gives me a clue, they're probably gonna have a match at WM. Bayley goes to WM with her title and faces Charlotte and Sasha Banks in triple threat, looks great. Seth Rollins will be at WM, I know it. His rehabilitation was awesome, watching him exercise his right knee. Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman's trap has successfully worked on Goldberg, he finally F-5'd him. However, I don't think Goldberg will defeat Brock at WM. Brock might conquer him. Can't wait for WM. I missed it last year, but hell I ain't this year :D.

SmackDown LIVE (7/3/2017): Randy Orton secures his spot at WM for the WWE Champion against Bray Wyatt. I also heard rumors that Sister Abigail's body was burned during the fire in the compound. I'm not if it's true though. I don't know what has gone into AJ Styles' mind at all. Arguing with Shane? My gosh. The Lone Wolf strikes The Lunatic Fringe and it looks like he's injured. Hope he makes it to WM and face him for the Intercontinental champion. Cena and Nikki's first tag team partnership wasn't bad at all. That was until Miz and Maryse destroyed them. I wonder if there'll be a mixed tag team match at WM. I don't know :hmm:.

No, both RAW and SmackDown LIVE. I don't think that would ever happen, because WrestleMania is the biggest Pay-Per View in WWE, plus Bray Wyatt has to defend his WWE title against the 2017 Royal Rumble winner, Randy Orton. Goldberg has to defend his WWE Universal title against Brock Lesnar. Other matches from both rosters will play at WM. This year's WM will be epic! :D 

Man, what I would give to be able to see wrestling through your optimistic eyes :)

I look at the WM card this year and see disappointment after disappointment, part-timer after part-timer.  Look at a guy like Braun Strowman.  He's been killing it over the past couple months, no one has improved as much as him, and his reward for all his hard work?  Losing to a guy who absolutely doesn't benefit from the win and, so far, no spot on the WM card.  He'll probably get shoehorned into the meaningless battle royal.  Instead, we get a 50+ year old part-timer (who's physical limit before suffering from complete exhaustion is apparently 2 moves and 30 seconds) vs. another part-timer for the title.  Then, we get yet another part timer vs. a guy who's been shoved down our throat, and rejected, for a few years now.  After that, you guessed it, another 50+ year old non-wrestler against the guy who's been more impressive over the last year than anyone.  KO vs. Jericho should be great and Randy vs. Wyatt should be fine (even though I strongly suspect Bray's going to go under to make sure no progress is ever made), the RAW women should also be fine but the match has basically no meaning because Vince forgot what the word patience means.  What else?  I think there's a tag title match... maybe... at least for RAW, haven't even seen American Alpha for a few weeks now.  The Smackdown women's match that's still kinda TBD.  Oh yeah, Cena and Nikki vs. Miz and his non-wrestler wife.  

Nope, just can't get excited for the 3rd consecutive WM that's relying entirely on part-timers and has-beens to feed off people's nostalgia while the guys that should be carrying the brand(s) get pushed back.  Again.

9 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

Man, what I would give to be able to see wrestling through your optimistic eyes :)

I look at the WM card this year and see disappointment after disappointment, part-timer after part-timer.  Look at a guy like Braun Strowman.  He's been killing it over the past couple months, no one has improved as much as him, and his reward for all his hard work?  Losing to a guy who absolutely doesn't benefit from the win and, so far, no spot on the WM card.  He'll probably get shoehorned into the meaningless battle royal.  Instead, we get a 50+ year old part-timer (who's physical limit before suffering from complete exhaustion is apparently 2 moves and 30 seconds) vs. another part-timer for the title.  Then, we get yet another part timer vs. a guy who's been shoved down our throat, and rejected, for a few years now.  After that, you guessed it, another 50+ year old non-wrestler against the guy who's been more impressive over the last year than anyone.  KO vs. Jericho should be great and Randy vs. Wyatt should be fine (even though I strongly suspect Bray's going to go under to make sure no progress is ever made), the RAW women should also be fine but the match has basically no meaning because Vince forgot what the word patience means.  What else?  I think there's a tag title match... maybe... at least for RAW, haven't even seen American Alpha for a few weeks now.  The Smackdown women's match that's still kinda TBD.  Oh yeah, Cena and Nikki vs. Miz and his non-wrestler wife.  

Nope, just can't get excited for the 3rd consecutive WM that's relying entirely on part-timers and has-beens to feed off people's nostalgia while the guys that should be carrying the brand(s) get pushed back.  Again.

Well in 3 or 4 years time there will be no more part timers and then they will be completely screwed.

I mean: Austin, HBK, Foley, Sting, Hogan etc can't wrestle anymore. Goldberg has now done his big run...who is left?

They have got to start building up guys because this is pathetic. I mean look at Jericho/KO. They actually had patience and held these two off...so they can fight over the US title at Mania instead of the Universal Title.

Also things like Shane vs AJ. I mean how many network subscriptions is that selling? Why not just let AJ keep the title and wrestle someone like Joe or Nakamura. Are you telling me there aren't some fans out there who wouldn't buy the network if it meant seeing Aj vs Nakamura in the main event at Wrestlemania?

26 minutes ago, skidmarkgn said:

This is either the best, or the worst news possible:

http://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/possible-universal-title-plans-following-wrestlemania/

If it's as a fucking HEEL then great, bring it on.  If not...

Ok here is my idea instead :)...and yes it is kind of ripping of ROH but fuck it.

Lesnar wins the match and is standing tall with Heyman when all of a sudden Anderson and Gallows run down and start destroying Lesnar. Goldberg gets to his feet and tries to help Lesnar but that is when Braun Strowman gets into the ring and takes out Goldberg. It is a 3 on 2 beat down when the lights go out and we see red light and smoke start appearing and

this theme hits

And out comes Finn Balor who starts commanding his troops to take out everyone...the ref...the announce team...Goldberg's son who is in the front row (well maybe not that but they could yell at him a little)...but anyways everyone is destroyed.

Then Balor and the new Balor Club stand in the ring holding the Universal Title, the tag titles and the Andre Statue (that Braun won earlier) as the show goes off the air.

That is how you save Mania :)...oh and replace Shane McMahon with Nakamura and have AJ and Shinsuke face off....those 2 things could save Mania :)

Then

Edited by Dr_Mayus

On 14/03/2017 at 1:57 PM, skidmarkgn said:

KO, Joe and _______?  If they're teasing a HHH led stable with those two plus one... yes please!!

KO, Joe and Triple H have wrestled together against for Jericho, Zayn and Balor at a live show recently so it's pretty likely

50 minutes ago, SkyesUnholy said:

KO, Joe and Triple H have wrestled together against for Jericho, Zayn and Balor at a live show recently so it's pretty likely

Wouldn't want HHH to be an "active" member and a stable needs at least 3 people to be a "stable" (at least in my eyes) so the 3rd spot is the interesting one.  Nakamura wouldn't be a great choice because he's too over as a face.  Same goes for Finn.  Roode could work but I'd hate to see his Glorious gimmick suffer in any way.

And HOLY SHIT, while I'm typing this watching Smackdown they showed the announcers talking about AJ's attack and Tom fucking Savini is right there behind them sitting in the front row!!  

6 minutes ago, skidmarkgn said:

Wouldn't want HHH to be an "active" member and a stable needs at least 3 people to be a "stable" (at least in my eyes) so the 3rd spot is the interesting one.  Nakamura wouldn't be a great choice because he's too over as a face.  Same goes for Finn.  Roode could work but I'd hate to see his Glorious gimmick suffer in any way.

And HOLY SHIT, while I'm typing this watching Smackdown they showed the announcers talking about AJ's attack and Tom fucking Savini is right there behind them sitting in the front row!!  

Pete Dunne could fit in really well, he's also shown interest in being involved

https://www.sportskeeda.com/wwe/wwe-rumors-pete-dunne-teases-joining-triple-hs-new-stable

RAW (13/3/2017): Oh man, what mess has Seth Rollins fell into? He was just fine and now HHH fucked his right knee again, just 3 weeks before WM -_-. I hope he makes it :unsure:, I wanna see him destroy The Game in pieces :devil:. Roman Reigns going to make The Undertaker "retire" at WM? Wow, we'll see about that. By the way, is Mick Foley fired for good? Who'll be the GM of RAW now?

SmackDown LIVE (14/3/2017): WM gets a mixed tag team, haven't seen that before :hmm:. It has been long enough that Maryse hasn't wrestled, wanna see her in action again. The story of the so-called "Sister Abigail" is so confusing :rolleyes:. First I don't know who that is. Secondly, it's just... boring. For the record, Randy Orton will beat him at WM, that's all that matters for now. What the hell does AJ Styles want with Shane-O-Mac? Just to find out, he challenged him for a WM match. That's something we don't see everyday :lol:.

By the way, has anyone watched the 2017 Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards, hosted by John Cena? It was awesome :D

8 hours ago, SkyesUnholy said:

Welp, several sex tapes and nude pics of Paige have been leaked. I was hoping for her to return to television again soon but I guess I have to wait longer now for this shit to clear up

I hate to burst your bubble but Paige is a ring rat. ;p

4 hours ago, PREDRAG-K said:

Yeah, Paige's career is over. I can see WWE letting the leaked pictures fly, but not the videos. Especially since one apparently has the guy finish on her NXT Women's Championship. No way she is coming back from this.

Weird all this happens right around her new movie being filmed and coming out...sounds like a good way to get publicity for all that :)

I haven't seen the videos (don't have a desire to) but this kind of things happen all the time

• Like 1