The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

Wow did anyone see AJ Lee pipebomb from RAW. She has got to be the greatest female wrestler in the business at the moment :) Mic skills and a solid wrestler :)

6a53147d4dcd32b2183b463aac061068.jpg?ito

That promo accomplished 2 things:

1 - It cemented AJ as the top diva of this generation

2 - showed just how HORRIBLE the Bellas really are.  Even the dumbest superstar knows when to STFU and let someone have their spotlight, not the Bellas though, they had to screech like banshees through AJ's entire spot to try and hog as much camera time as possible... pathetic.  Worst part is, they're not going anywhere any time soon. 

• Like 1

Man, they REALLY screwed the pooch with Big Show on Monday.  Here's some fun facts:

-Steph saying she grew up with Big Show ("still that 12 year old little girl") as her giant - Big Show didn't show up in the WWE/F until 1999.  Steph was born in 1976, simple math tells us she was 23 when he joined the company. 

-Refusing one match nulls his "iron clad" contract... didn't he walk out of the show for a couple months using his contract as the reason he could?

-Wrestling Daniel Bryan is a problem for him?  Since when now?

-The man who, not too long ago, was destroying people for his own pleasure (using the iron clad contract as a shield mind you) is all of a sudden a blubbering baby because he's being forced to hurt people???

Honestly, I'd rather they just stuck with what they knew and ignored the iron clad contract thing all together, then the worst thing people could say is "what about his contract".  Or just have HHH tear it up in the ring and tell him there's nothing he can do about it because... he's HHH and blah blah blah.  They took one small continuity problem and turned it into several.

Anyways, how freakin' awesome was Cody Rhodes on Monday!!  Everything he said and did (especially his final speech before leaving) was perfect.  Can't wait to see what they do with him upon his return, assuming he has the energy to do anything after honeymooning with the girl he's marrying... hubba hubba :highfive:

Edited by skidmarkgn
  • Like 1

Man, they REALLY screwed the pooch with Big Show on Monday.  Here's some fun facts:

-Steph saying she grew up with Big Show ("still that 12 year old little girl") as her giant - Big Show didn't show up in the WWE/F until 1999.  Steph was born in 1976, simple math tells us she was 23 when he joined the company. 

-Refusing one match nulls his "iron clad" contract... didn't he walk out of the show for a couple months using his contract as the reason he could?

-Wrestling Daniel Bryan is a problem for him?  Since when now?

-The man who, not too long ago, was destroying people for his own pleasure (using the iron clad contract as a shield mind you) is all of a sudden a blubbering baby because he's being forced to hurt people???

Honestly, I'd rather they just stuck with what they knew and ignored the iron clad contract thing all together, then the worst thing people could say is "what about his contract".  Or just have HHH tear it up in the ring and tell him there's nothing he can do about it because... he's HHH and blah blah blah.  They took one small continuity problem and turned it into several.

Anyways, how freakin' awesome was Cody Rhodes on Monday!!  Everything he said and did (especially his final speech before leaving) was perfect.  Can't wait to see what they do with him upon his return, assuming he has the energy to do anything after honeymooning with the girl he's marrying... hubba hubba :highfive:

Yeah the iron clad contract stuff was dumb, as for Cody, I see this feud going into Survivor Series. Bryan, Ziggler, Big Show, Miz, and Cody vs. Orton, Shield, and Ryback. The only question is, which authority figure will help Bryan? Maybe Vince face turn (He's been missing a few weeks) or hopefully a return of Shane O'Mac. Anyway, this story is not only building up Bryan but also Cody and Ziggler as the future.

Yeah the iron clad contract stuff was dumb, as for Cody, I see this feud going into Survivor Series. Bryan, Ziggler, Big Show, Miz, and Cody vs. Orton, Shield, and Ryback. The only question is, which authority figure will help Bryan? Maybe Vince face turn (He's been missing a few weeks) or hopefully a return of Shane O'Mac. Anyway, this story is not only building up Bryan but also Cody and Ziggler as the future.

I'm honestly hoping they can find a way to drag it until the Royal Rumble or, if they can find a way to keep it interesting, Wrestlemania.  For some reason this storyline has the same feeling, to me, as the old Kane/Undertaker feud that brought Kane into the company.  Not literally mind you, just in scale. 

As for which authority figure, how about HBK.  While not an official "authority figure" there's no one out there who fits into this story-line better.  He isn't technically employed by HHH so he'll have no problem standing up to him.  They have their DX history that HBK can use against HHH ("what happened to you Hunter") he's a smaller worker who's known for stealing the show despite his relative lack of size and, most importantly, he trained Daniel Bryan.  I mean shit, this storyline almost seems like it was written specifically for him.

They can run it for a month or so as it is, do another month or two with various superstars like Show, Ziggler, and Rhodes joining in and finish it out with another month or two of HBK joining, or even leading them to Bryan's big win at WM.  A win that big could easily set Bryan up as a concrete all-time great.

By the way, if you can't tell, I'm a big fan of the slow burn stories :)

• Like 1

I'm honestly hoping they can find a way to drag it until the Royal Rumble or, if they can find a way to keep it interesting, Wrestlemania.  For some reason this storyline has the same feeling, to me, as the old Kane/Undertaker feud that brought Kane into the company.  Not literally mind you, just in scale. 

As for which authority figure, how about HBK.  While not an official "authority figure" there's no one out there who fits into this story-line better.  He isn't technically employed by HHH so he'll have no problem standing up to him.  They have their DX history that HBK can use against HHH ("what happened to you Hunter") he's a smaller worker who's known for stealing the show despite his relative lack of size and, most importantly, he trained Daniel Bryan.  I mean shit, this storyline almost seems like it was written specifically for him.

They can run it for a month or so as it is, do another month or two with various superstars like Show, Ziggler, and Rhodes joining in and finish it out with another month or two of HBK joining, or even leading them to Bryan's big win at WM.  A win that big could easily set Bryan up as a concrete all-time great.

By the way, if you can't tell, I'm a big fan of the slow burn stories :)

I like the idea of it going until Wrestlemania, but 1 thing worries me about them stretching it that long. Say the ratings aren't where they want, they will obviously blame Bryan, then Royal Rumble comes along and Cena gets the hero spot.

I have just finished watching all of RAW now and I got to say .... Goldust has still got it :D him and Orton put on an absolute classic match on RAW, I just hope they resign him as the younger talent could learn a thing or two from him :)

This storyline seems to be bringing out the best from everyone involved.  Honestly, when was the last time a return from Cody Rhodes was a big deal?  Involving people with a heritage was a brilliant move for this story-line. 

I'm wondering if they're burying Ziggler and Cesaro..

Ziggler is for sure in the dog house right now, he's been extremely vocal about his disappointment with his position for quite a while and it's rubbed some people the wrong way.  He also apparently got into it backstage with Randy "the legend career killer" Orton a few weeks back so he took Reigns and Rollins place (Reigns also got into a beef with Randy backstage and Rollins told him it was a bad idea) in the company doghouse.  Long story short, stay away from Orton at all costs... just ask Kofi, or Kennedy.

As for Cesaro, that one's a huge F'n mystery.  The guy has it all yet for some reason he's jobbing to R-Truth and Santino.  Wouldn't be at all surprised to eventually hear that Orton was the reason for it somehow though, the guy has personally assassinated so many pushes I sometimes wonder if he's a government operative.

Edited by skidmarkgn

I'm wondering if they're burying Ziggler and Cesaro..

I don't think Ziggler is buried at all, why would he be involved in the corporation storyline if he was? I think they're actually building him and Cody up to help Bryan in the future, just gotta be patient.

As for Cesaro, I don't know, maybe they just wanted to make a strong new tag team to boost up the division and Swagger and Cesaro work well together. I would rather have him in singles competition though.

I don't think Ziggler is buried at all, why would he be involved in the corporation storyline if he was? I think they're actually building him and Cody up to help Bryan in the future, just gotta be patient.

As for Cesaro, I don't know, maybe they just wanted to make a strong new tag team to boost up the division and Swagger and Cesaro work well together. I would rather have him in singles competition though.

I see Ziggler being phased out of the story-line.  What does jobbing to Wyatt do for him in any way?  Right now it seems 50/50 to me, he either shuts up a bit backstage and gets incorporated in again somehow or the phasing continues.  Yesterday seemed the a "Y" in the road and who knows which way they'll go.

Ziggler, Sandow, and Cesaro are all being screwed over pretty hard right now.  Although I wouldn't be surprised at all to see RVD go over in Michigan and get cashed in on by Sandow, before having a pathetic run as WHC and dropping the title to someone (like a returning Shaemus) who can eventually give it right back to Del Rio.

Edited by skidmarkgn

I see Ziggler being phased out of the story-line.  What does jobbing to Wyatt do for him in any way?  Right now it seems 50/50 to me, he either shuts up a bit backstage and gets incorporated in again somehow or the phasing continues.  Yesterday seemed the a "Y" in the road and who knows which way they'll go.

Ziggler, Sandow, and Cesaro are all being screwed over pretty hard right now.  Although I wouldn't be surprised at all to see RVD go over in Michigan and get cashed in on by Sandow, before having a pathetic run as WHC and dropping the title to someone (like a returning Shaemus) who can eventually give it right back to Del Rio.

I don't know, I'll stay positive on the Ziggler thing, as for Sandow he's just in a bad combination for the WWE. Heel + money in the bank holder = losing streak, they always do this and it's stupid. I just hope Sheamus and Del Rio aren't the in the World Title picture all year, both of them bore me to tears.

Well, I'm back watching WWE (being gone for almost half a year I think). And right now I like what I'm seeing.

As always, my main focus is CM Punk, and I'm glad to be right about his possible feud with Paul, you could see that coming without a problem. Orton and HHH back as heels? Hell yes. Edge on Smackdown? Excellent!

Good thing I came back just before Night of Champions.

Well, I'm back watching WWE (being gone for almost half a year I think). And right now I like what I'm seeing.

As always, my main focus is CM Punk, and I'm glad to be right about his possible feud with Paul, you could see that coming without a problem. Orton and HHH back as heels? Hell yes. Edge on Smackdown? Excellent!

Good thing I came back just before Night of Champions.

You started watching at a great time. But being gone for that long you missed some heel/face turns, and obviously the context to the CM Punk and Heyman storyline as well as the corporation storyline. I'm sure you'll get caught up though.

• Like 1

So, did I read the results correctly and Bryan won the title already!?!?!  Where the crap are they gonna go with this story from here?

Bryan surprisingly won, but due to a fast count. The weird part was Triple H didn't try to reverse the decision or screw over Bryan and the PPV ended 10 minutes early. I have a strange feeling Orton may have gotten into his 3rd wellness strike and they changed the main event on the spot, but I may be wrong.

So, after reading a bit more thoroughly (I obviously didn't watch, was too busy watching the Seahawks trounce the 49ers :yay: ) it sounds like the whole event was screwy.  HHH ran a pseudo face promo that went too long, the divas totally botched a segment where a 10 second pin went uncounted, Ryback's the new Heyman guy, the finish to the title match wasn't clean and no one noticed... and Del Rio lost a tooth.  Bad night for the WWE I guess.