The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

I honestly think the ending to the Bryan/Orton will lead to Triple H coming out tonight on Raw to Bring the Ref out and claim he screwed Orton and then reverse the decision... similar to what he did in the attitude era when he lost the title to Chris Jericho :D

I'm sitting here watching the Diva's match listening to AJ on commentary and all I can think of is how Paige would be a perfect ally for her.  Hopefully she'll drop the title to one of the "total divas" soon so they can have a reason for it to be AJ and Paige vs. the Divas instead of AJ standing alone.

Very cool ending, I didn't expect that to happen. Rest of Raw was meh, I wish they would end this Punk-Heyman thing, but now boring Ryback is involved. Oh well, as long as Punk goes over and gets back into the title picture soon, I want Punk-Bryan at Wrestlemania.

Think of it this way, this will most definitely be Ryback's last chance.  Everyone knows punk's pretty much the most opinionated guy in the company and I very much doubt he'll be shy about burying Ryback if he doesn't perform. 

As for the finish to RAW, it's my worst nightmare.  I hate it when a story gets too bloated with talent and this "mid-card army" just deflates everything.  I get that they're the guys who are also being held down but this story seemed so meaningful when it began and now... we got guys like Zach Ryder (who's band-wagon I never really jumped on when he blew up) and Darren Young dragging the level of importance down.  Hopefully Daniel Bryan doesn't end up getting pulled down because of this.  We all know that the guys that rushed the ring aren't going to be main-event guys when the end-game arrives, they're still gonna be mid-card workers that not many people are very invested in so the only real option of lumping Bryan in with them is him eventually becoming one of them. 

The ending was the only good thing about an otherwise boring show.  Good to see Ryder back in the light of things, he was as over as Bryan in 2011.  I have loved the guy since 07, very charismatic, just needs a new gimmick.  Rollins is the best seller in the world.

Edited by drummerklg

The ending was the only good thing about an otherwise boring show.  Good to see Ryder back in the light of things, he was as over as Bryan in 2011.  I have loved the guy since 07, very charismatic, just needs a new gimmick.  Rollins is the best seller in the world.

I could never get behind Ryder, it was mostly the Jersey Shore gimmick. Oh and I'd love to see Rollins and Ziggler in a match just for them selling each others moves.

I could never get behind Ryder, it was mostly the Jersey Shore gimmick. Oh and I'd love to see Rollins and Ziggler in a match just for them selling each others moves.

Did you know Ryder had that gimmick before Jersey shore came?  That's pretty cool.  And a guy that can get over with a gimmick like that, should be pushed in my eyes.

Add Sami Zayn to make it a 3-way and it would look like armageddon in a ring.

Also, there's apparently still talk about Shawn Michaels showing up on TV soon to be a part of the Daniel Bryan story-line as well.  I didn't even notice HHH dropping his name last night until I rewatched it this morning without a thousand distractions.

They're also considering doing a Shield vs. Rhodes family match for Battleground.  I guess there's an everybody vs. Vince split on whether or not it'll be Cody, Dustin, Dusty or Cody, Dustin, Ziggler (I'll bet you'll never guess what Vince wants) because of Dusty's age.  Would be a great match, and a good way to streamline the bloated corporation vs. everyone into two smaller storylines.  Mid-card corporation vs. the Rhodes' and main event corporation vs. Shawn and Bryan (two seperate stories with one connection) sounds a lot better to me.

Edited by skidmarkgn
  • Like 1

More Ryback vs Punk? I can take that :D

I'm not too sure about HBK coming to the Corp. storyline, maybe as a way to fully push HHH as a heel in front of the roster, he acts like the good guy that screwes you unintentionally.

I hope Cody gets the final push he needs to enter the WWE title picture.

For me to be able to enjoy this storyline, Randy Orton must be the champion. As much as Bryan deserves the title, it is, after all... what's best for business. :devil: Only kidding...

World Heavyweight Championship

Anyone else find Del Rio exhausting? To me, the WHC fits around Dolph Ziggler or Cody Rhodes with the available talent. But, Ziggler being punished for that interview and Rhodes being "fired", there isn't much of an option. Cesaro could be the WH Champ but he's in that "Real Americans" gimmick. Which, by the way, is obnoxious. Colter is great on the mic and all, but that gimmick. Swagger was better as "Weed The People" - Ya know, with his scruff and shags.

Tag Team Division

The Shield is fantastic; I can see Rollins and Ambrose going a long way in the business, but not so much Reigns. My opinion of Reigns is blurred because I haven't watched him outside of the main shows - I'll have to look into more of his NxT content. The Prime Time Players are getting a lot of hype and I assume it's because Young came out. I'm not taking anything away from them, but it's kind of coincidental that they started getting a major push after the TMZ video. As much as I want the Usos to be Tag Team Champions, they lack skills on the mic. The other tag teams aren't worth noting. Bring back the Major Brothers! **cough, cough**

Intercontinental Championship

Let's be honest, the only reason Curtis Axel is I-C Champion is because of his father, the late Mr. Perfect - Am I correct? Perhaps it's me, but I don't find him entertaining. Honestly, I think having him as a "Paul Heyman Guy" was a terrible move on creative's part. He wasn't ready for the spotlight and hardly anyone wants him as the I-C Champion. How about giving the title to Barrett and not have him lose to Bo Dallas, again. Oh, here's a thought: Disband 3MB and give the title to McIntyre. Then you could have Barrett vs. McIntyre. Maybe even give the title to a jobber like Gabriel or perhaps Mahal.

United States Championship

This championship, in my eyes, is where it belongs at the moment - Around the waist of Dean Ambrose.

I don't pay any mind to the Divas division. Bring back the Women's Championship and give it to Kaitlyn. I'd give it to Kaitlyn. :comp:

For me to be able to enjoy this storyline, Randy Orton must be the champion. As much as Bryan deserves the title, it is, after all... what's best for business. :devil: Only kidding...

Anyone else find Del Rio exhausting? To me, the WHC fits around Dolph Ziggler or Cody Rhodes with the available talent. But, Ziggler being punished for that interview and Rhodes being "fired", there isn't much of an option. Cesaro could be the WH Champ but he's in that "Real Americans" gimmick. Which, by the way, is obnoxious. Colter is great on the mic and all, but that gimmick. Swagger was better as "Weed The People" - Ya know, with his scruff and shags.

Tag Team Division

The Shield is fantastic; I can see Rollins and Ambrose going a long way in the business, but not so much Reigns. My opinion of Reigns is blurred because I haven't watched him outside of the main shows - I'll have to look into more of his NxT content. The Prime Time Players are getting a lot of hype and I assume it's because Young came out. I'm not taking anything away from them, but it's kind of coincidental that they started getting a major push after the TMZ video. As much as I want the Usos to be Tag Team Champions, they lack skills on the mic. The other tag teams aren't worth noting. Bring back the Major Brothers! **cough, cough**

Let's be honest, the only reason Curtis Axel is I-C Champion is because of his father, the late Mr. Perfect - Am I correct? Perhaps it's me, but I don't find him entertaining. Honestly, I think having him as a "Paul Heyman Guy" was a terrible move on creative's part. He wasn't ready for the spotlight and hardly anyone wants him as the I-C Champion. How about giving the title to Barrett and not have him lose to Bo Dallas, again. Oh, here's a thought: Disband 3MB and give the title to McIntyre. Then you could have Barrett vs. McIntyre. Maybe even give the title to a jobber like Gabriel or perhaps Mahal.

This championship, in my eyes, is where it belongs at the moment - Around the waist of Dean Ambrose.

I don't pay any mind to the Divas division. Bring back the Women's Championship and give it to Kaitlyn. I'd give it to Kaitlyn. :comp:

No way eventually we need to have Barrett and Mcintyre as a tag team to dominate the division :D 

Wade-Barrett-and-Drew-McIntyre-wade-barr

Tag Team Division

WWE title

My idea for the story line has already been blown out of the water.  Would have loved for them to drag it out until WM where they finally put Bryan over Orton, HHH, Steph, and The Shield to cement his status as a top guy for years to come.  HBK standing by his side holding his hand in the air while the confetti flies.  But, whatever.

WHC

One of the traditions I've noticed over the past couple years is an absolute burying of a MitB winner for a month or two before cashing in.  Apparently the mind-set behind this is to try and keep him "under the radar" so when the cashing in happens it's a huge surprise.  Looks to be true with Sandow.  I'd like to see Ziggler win it again then immediately lose it to Sandow via a cash in.  This could set up a program between the two where Ziggler is furious after being screwed out of a title run again and push two new talents (not new to the roster of course) into the main event scene.

Tag Team

If they insist on not using Cesaro as a singles competitor then I think they should put the straps on the Real Americans and let them have back to back feuds with the Uso's and the PTP.  If they were brave enough they could use Young's outing as a way to get the Real Americans HUGE heat and finish the program with PTP going over making everyone feel good.

IC title

Remember when this title mattered, lol.  Honestly, I think they should merge the IC and US titles and use them to make some meaningful mid-card programs.  If they really want two mid-card belts then bring back the Cruiser-weight title.  The two "Heyman guys" right now are complete dumpster-fire-disasters and I wish the IC title was... for lack of a better term "above them".  The IC title used to be used as a stepping stone to break a guy into the main event and there's plenty of guys who are right at that point and need something to help give them that last little push, a meaningful, extended feud over the IC title could be that thing if they got rid of the US title and made holding it a bit more prestigious.  Dean Ambrose vs. Dolph Ziggler comes to mind as a program to start building the title back up with.

Divas title

The one thing I want more than anything right now is for AJ to drop the title.  Don't get me wrong, I love AJ, but her losing the title to anyone on "Total Divas" (preferably Natalya) could be a perfect way to call up Paige.  Who better to align herself with AJ while she's on her current crusade then "the anti-diva" Paige.  She'd be immediately over and they could turn AJ, who everyone already loves anyways, into a face... or tweener.

Edited by skidmarkgn

There is no point on making a cruiserweight division when WWE banned most of the high flying moves. 

I do agree Ziggler deserves better, it's kind of weird seeing him as a face tough.

They seem to be letting up on what is and isn't okay.  Neville does a cork-screw shooting star press as his finisher.  A week or two ago he finished a match with a 450 splash and of course Bourne's been using the shooting star press for as long as he's been around.

Cruiser weights are just as much about chain wrestling and counters to counters to counters as they are high flying finishers as well.  If they gave the division a 2nd shot and brought in/called up some guys from TNA (I hear AJ Styles' contract is up pretty soon) and NXT or ROH they could potentially have a successful division on their hands.  It worked for WCW when they started winning the ratings wars.  The NWO was most definitely the deciding factor but it can't be denied that Guerrero, Mysterio, Jericho, Psychosis, LaParka, Benoit, Malenko. etc, etc were a contributing factor to the boom WCW saw in the '90's.

While I would like to see the cruiserweight belt make a return, I'd rather they actually establish the belts they already have. Axel has held the IC title without a defense for how long now? The shield have been dominant champs, but you forget that they're champs when they're involved in separate stories. The WHC title is a joke now, it's dropped to mid card status. The divas title is plagued by a terrible division of women.

Adding the cruiserweight title to this would just complicate things more.

While I would like to see the cruiserweight belt make a return, I'd rather they actually establish the belts they already have. Axel has held the IC title without a defense for how long now? The shield have been dominant champs, but you forget that they're champs when they're involved in separate stories. The WHC title is a joke now, it's dropped to mid card status. The divas title is plagued by a terrible division of women.

Adding the cruiserweight title to this would just complicate things more.

That's why I threw it in as a suggestion for a 2nd midcard belt if they merged the IC and US titles and were desperate for another non-main-event title.  The cruiserweights could open a PPV to get people fired up, then the IC title could be midway through followed by the two top titles closing.  The Shield definitely need to drop the tag titles so the rest of the division can have something to compete over while they do their own thing.  Tag team title matches could then be a free TV thing to make people think they're getting championship matches for free.  Women's belt will always be a nothing title.

I haven't seen much of Raw, only that HHH/Stephanie are running it which brings back the 2000 era when it happen. I'm kind of mixed about it since the stuff they are doing is pretty dumb.

Are they still making Big show hurt people? Which makes no sense why he's been sensitive about it when not long ago THAT'S WHAT HE WANTED TO DO!

I haven't seen much of Raw, only that HHH/Stephanie are running it which brings back the 2000 era when it happen. I'm kind of mixed about it since the stuff they are doing is pretty dumb.

Are they still making Big show hurt people? Which makes no sense why he's been sensitive about it when not long ago THAT'S WHAT HE WANTED TO DO!

You know WWE, they love to make conflicting storylines. Remember when Edge was actually cheering for Cena?

So I've been wondering who your favorite superstars and divas are.

Mine are:

Superstars

1. CM Punk

2. Chris Jericho

3. Brock Lesnar

4. Daniel Bryan

5. Eddie Guerrero

Divas

1. Lita

2. Layla

3. Mickie James

4. Trish Stratus

5. Natalya

Males:

1. Shawn Michaels

2. CM Punk

3. Undertaker

4. Edge

5. Jericho (I liked his old persona more than the newer ones)

Divas:

1. Trish Stratus

2. Melina

3. AJ Lee

4. Mickie James

5. Beth Phoenix

So I've been wondering who your favorite superstars and divas are.

Mine are:

Superstars

1. CM Punk

2. Chris Jericho

3. Brock Lesnar

4. Daniel Bryan

5. Eddie Guerrero

Divas

1. Lita

2. Layla

3. Mickie James

4. Trish Stratus