The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

7 hours ago, GoldenShaka said:

As expected it was all a work, and happy that they're building a Reigns/Rock vs Cody/Rollins. 

Sadly Jade didn't go to Raw, i was expecting a Jade vs Ripley for Mania. Women's division is being reduced to Becky/Charlotte/Bianca. I thought Zoey was getting a bigger push. But I guess wweuniverse doesn't care about anybody else.

If that is true then women's wrestling is being held behind like when The Fabulous Moolah was wrestling. I hope not. There needs to be more than three main event women. Or the one main superstar during Moolah's time.

If y'all wondering why I have knowledge of the old school WWE, I have an answer. I read about stuff when the WWE was the Worldwide Wrestling Federation (WWWF) and the World Wrestling Federation (WWF)

12 hours ago, DakotaKai_fan20 said:

If that is true then women's wrestling is being held behind like when The Fabulous Moolah was wrestling. I hope not. There needs to be more than three main event women. Or the one main superstar during Moolah's time.

If y'all wondering why I have knowledge of the old school WWE, I have an answer. I read about stuff when the WWE was the Worldwide Wrestling Federation (WWWF) and the World Wrestling Federation (WWF)

There is no holding back going on. The simple reality is that women have a hard time getting reactions from American audiences. Moolah did her damage to be on top for decades. WWE trained people for a long time to not care about women's wrestling. AEW today, who is supposed to represent 'real wrestling fans', has a women's division just because they feel they have to and so have no respect for it. Women's sports in general tends to get less attention and there are less women wrestlers to begin with.

WWE's main roster pushes their top women as stars and they get reactions. The other women are often getting put in tag matches, often in simple programs for tag titles which no one cares about, and so they get no reaction. NXT is doing wonders for women's wrestling as they focus a lot on women, give them plenty of promo/character work, and the NXT crowd treats them like stars. Many of the women brought in to NXT are in great physical shape and the average height and muscle has certainly gone up which really helps. We'll have to see how those women's translate to the main roster. Tiffany Stratton being the one to watch.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Rozalia1 said:

There is no holding back going on. The simple reality is that women have a hard time getting reactions from American audiences. Moolah did her damage to be on top for decades. WWE trained people for a long time to not care about women's wrestling. AEW today, who is supposed to represent 'real wrestling fans', has a women's division just because they feel they have to and so have no respect for it. Women's sports in general tends to get less attention and there are less women wrestlers to begin with.

WWE's main roster pushes their top women as stars and they get reactions. The other women are often getting put in tag matches, often in simple programs for tag titles which no one cares about, and so they get no reaction. NXT is doing wonders for women's wrestling as they focus a lot on women, give them plenty of promo/character work, and the NXT crowd treats them like stars. Many of the women brought in to NXT are in great physical shape and the average height and muscle has certainly gone up which really helps. We'll have to see how those women's translate to the main roster. Tiffany Stratton being the one to watch.

Good to hear. I wouldn't want women to be held back. I honestly care more about women wrestlers (Especially Dakota Kai) then most of the men. Don't get me wrong, but I also like the male wrestlers like Seth Rollins, Gunther, Rey Mysterio, and Cody, Cody, Cody, Cody. Sorry for chanting Cody, I REALLY like him. He is on the same level of Dakota Kai in how I like him. So I give the women wrestlers the respect they need.

On 2/9/2024 at 6:30 PM, GoldenShaka said:

As expected it was all a work, and happy that they're building a Reigns/Rock vs Cody/Rollins. 

Sadly Jade didn't go to Raw, i was expecting a Jade vs Ripley for Mania. Women's division is being reduced to Becky/Charlotte/Bianca. I thought Zoey was getting a bigger push. But I guess wweuniverse doesn't care about anybody else.

I might be in the minority or the only one, but I would've loved to see Rhea Ripley vs Liv Morgan at Mania. I just think it makes sense story-wise, Liv is bent on revenge and so forth. The fans turned on her during her first reign after the Ronda Rousey SummerSlam '22 controversial finish, and I think her second reign as a heel would be awesome, if they follow that path. 

On 2/10/2024 at 2:53 PM, Rozalia1 said:

NXT has always done a better job representing the women's division than the main roster. I don't even recall the main roster having women's MOTY contenders like Sasha Banks vs Bayley at TakeOver Brooklyn 2015 prior to the inauguration of the women's championship at WrestleMania 32 or even during the divas championship era.

Somewhere down the line I see Bianca Belair finally turn heel, and maybe have her recruit Lash Legend and Jakara Jackson to form a trio or something like that. Lash Legend's core strength is underrated and I'm sure she'll be useful on the main roster. 

On 2/10/2024 at 6:31 PM, DakotaKai_fan20 said:

Good to hear. I wouldn't want women to be held back. I honestly care more about women wrestlers (Especially Dakota Kai) then most of the men. Don't get me wrong, but I also like the male wrestlers like Seth Rollins, Gunther, Rey Mysterio, and Cody, Cody, Cody, Cody. Sorry for chanting Cody, I REALLY like him. He is on the same level of Dakota Kai in how I like him. So I give the women wrestlers the respect they need.

Dakota Kai in NXT was so good. Her Tegan Nox betrayal is an all timer for sure and they went on to have a banger No DQ match. She betrayed Raquel Gonzales later on as well. Her history paints her as a snake and I'm sure Bayley will learn the hard way not to have trusted her with the whole Damage Ctrl fiasco going on at the moment.

On 2/9/2024 at 10:30 AM, GoldenShaka said:

I doubt this was 100% totally a work since they did the restart smackdown segment with triple h, and well, on paper it was the best thing to create a focus on something else with the vince stuff happening, but not a smart road on how they did the story move; also considering Cody has said yes to many booking things, it wouldnt be rare for him to step down in order to keep WM alfoat, i think thats also a fact that makes people even more mad, because he is a great worker inside the company, and they deliver him this BS, also, the so sudden stepdown without a story or justification was absurd.

The problem is that with the previous things, people are expecting Cody to win, but even if he does, there is going to be people that will not be happy with so many "if" during this time period, what if there was a rock vs seth? what if it was a triple treat match? what if it was a no dq matches?

On 2/11/2024 at 8:09 PM, Maxximum said:

NXT has always done a better job representing the women's division than the main roster. I don't even recall the main roster having women's MOTY contenders like Sasha Banks vs Bayley at TakeOver Brooklyn 2015 prior to the inauguration of the women's championship at WrestleMania 32 or even during the divas championship era.

Somewhere down the line I see Bianca Belair finally turn heel, and maybe have her recruit Lash Legend and Jakara Jackson to form a trio or something like that. Lash Legend's core strength is underrated and I'm sure she'll be useful on the main roster. 

Jakara was out for quite a bit but looking forward to seeing more from her. She has a hell of a look. As for Lash, I was someone who took it easy on her when many people out there were wanting her cut and questioning why she was on the shows. The reality is she has size (could talk also, which is more important than the wrestling) and considering she literally slammed Otis in what Lance Storm called the greatest feat of strength a female wrestler has ever shown, the potential is there. She wasn't great at the time? Literally as green as can be and fixing that is what NXT is there for.

14 hours ago, Don_Chipotle said:

I doubt this was 100% totally a work since they did the restart smackdown segment with triple h, and well, on paper it was the best thing to create a focus on something else with the vince stuff happening, but not a smart road on how they did the story move; also considering Cody has said yes to many booking things, it wouldnt be rare for him to step down in order to keep WM alfoat, i think thats also a fact that makes people even more mad, because he is a great worker inside the company, and they deliver him this BS, also, the so sudden stepdown without a story or justification was absurd.

The problem is that with the previous things, people are expecting Cody to win, but even if he does, there is going to be people that will not be happy with so many "if" during this time period, what if there was a rock vs seth? what if it was a triple treat match? what if it was a no dq matches?

It is my firm belief that it was a work. I look at it this way. If Cody had been taken out physically and so he won't be at WrestleMania? Obviously he'll be at Mania. If they say Roman has used his stroke to ice out Cody? Obviously Cody will be there. So Cody literally comes out and says it and out comes the Rock. Everyone buys it then. Now yes, new management, but even then I don't think WWE would acknowledge and support the 'We Want Cody' stuff as much as they did. The press conference and Super Bowel ad would also have been done at short notice. Heck, they'd literally be throwing away months of plans to then put months of plans together in a few days. On a side note, what about those dirtsheets? Near everything used to leak from WWE under Vince, perhaps because Vince didn't even care, but under HHH the dirtsheets have been embarrassed constantly. That too supports it all being a work, because the dirtsheets who are now obviously getting fed/making up false info all think it was a pivot.

Whatever the case, what we have is looking real good. Rollings out there cut the best promo of his career and we're looking at a heck of a finale. Seth, Sami, and Jey are obvious people to come out to help Cody. I'm thinking they'll add Cena in too as Solo was who took him out, and it would be nice to see the former face of the company aid the new one. They could even add Austin if you wanted that big pop of Austin stunning Rock one last time. I do think however that the heel side is going to need at least one addition if not before the show, then at the show. Imagine all the interference is finally gone, even Solo failed to get the job done, and then someone like Jacob Fatu hits the ring and lays Cody out. Everyone is going to think that'll be it and then KICK OUT and MASSIVE POP.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rozalia1 said:

Jakara was out for quite a bit but looking forward to seeing more from her. She has a hell of a look. As for Lash, I was someone who took it easy on her when many people out there were wanting her cut and questioning why she was on the shows. The reality is she has size (could talk also, which is more important than the wrestling) and considering she literally slammed Otis in what Lance Storm called the greatest feat of strength a female wrestler has ever shown, the potential is there. She wasn't great at the time? Literally as green as can be and fixing that is what NXT is there for.

It is my firm belief that it was a work. I look at it this way. If Cody had been taken out physically and so he won't be at WrestleMania? Obviously he'll be at Mania. If they say Roman has used his stroke to ice out Cody? Obviously Cody will be there. So Cody literally comes out and says it and out comes the Rock. Everyone buys it then. Now yes, new management, but even then I don't think WWE would acknowledge and support the 'We Want Cody' stuff as much as they did. The press conference and Super Bowel ad would also have been done at short notice. Heck, they'd literally be throwing away months of plans to then put months of plans together in a few days. On a side note, what about those dirtsheets? Near everything used to leak from WWE under Vince, perhaps because Vince didn't even care, but under HHH the dirtsheets have been embarrassed constantly. That too supports it all being a work, because the dirtsheets who are now obviously getting fed/making up false info all think it was a pivot.

Whatever the case, what we have is looking real good. Rollings out there cut the best promo of his career and we're looking at a heck of a finale. Seth, Sami, and Jey are obvious people to come out to help Cody. I'm thinking they'll add Cena in too as Solo was who took him out, and it would be nice to see the former face of the company aid the new one. They could even add Austin if you wanted that big pop of Austin stunning Rock one last time. I do think however that the heel side is going to need at least one addition if not before the show, then at the show. Imagine all the interference is finally gone, even Solo failed to get the job done, and then someone like Jacob Fatu hits the ring and lays Cody out. Everyone is going to think that'll be it and then KICK OUT and MASSIVE POP.

Man if they bring everyone to help Cody, it would be amazing to have everyone a spot, and i can totally agree that chaos happening down the ring while cody and roman are wrestling it would be a total win, and with the promo seth made yesterday, it would be amazing him making a wrestlemania moment where he sacrifices his body and soul for Cody in order to win

Edit: great moment for wrestling fans to talk about theories and the road to WM

Edited by Don_Chipotle
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Don_Chipotle said:

Man if they bring everyone to help Cody, it would be amazing to have everyone a spot, and i can totally agree that chaos happening down the ring while cody and roman are wrestling it would be a total win, and with the promo seth made yesterday, it would be amazing him making a wrestlemania moment where he sacrifices his body and soul for Cody in order to win

Yeah, got so many thoughts on how both the lead up to the match and the match itself can go. In regards to people who could get involved:

On Cody's side you have:

• Seth Rollings: obvious.
  • Sami Zayn: obvious.
  • Jey Uso: obvious.
  • John Cena: had his issues with Roman and got taken out by Solo on Roman's orders. Also the former face of the company who'd be helping the future face of the company. 
  • LA Knight: screwed by Roman.
  • Randy Orton: screwed by Roman.
  • Kevin Owens: screwed by Roman.
  • AJ Styles: screwed by Roman even if he is now a heel.
  • Drew McIntyre: screwed by Roman even if he is now a heel.
  • Logan Paul: screwed by Roman even if he is now a heel.
  • CM Punk: more because of the Rock than Roman, but would make sense for him to get involved. Even if he can't physically do it, he can always distract someone.
  • Triple H: due to him standing up the Rock and thereby being on Cody's side.
  • Braun Strowman: famously a long time sworn enemy of Roman and would make for a good return spot, him not being done with Roman. Braun was also who Roman pinned to win the Universal title.
  • Brock Lesnar: showed massive respect for Cody and has had massive issues with Roman. The ongoing Vince situation likely means he can't show, but if he gets cleared before Mania then maybe.

On Roman's side you have:

• Jimmy Uso: obvious.
  • Solo Sikoa: obvious.
  • Paul Heyman: obvious.
  • The Rock: obvious.
  • The Judgement Day: been allied before and hate Cody.
  • Naomi: part of the family, though would require a heel turn.
  • Nia Jax: part of the and already a heel.
  • Shinsuke Nakamura: had a recent feud with Cody that you could say sort of carried on at the Rumble when he and Cody got into it. Gimmick seems to involve targeting babyfaces to shatter their dreams (the Goldust reference was not intended) so it'd make sense for him to help Roman just to spite Cody.
  • Bron Breakker: they had him in a segment together on Smackdown and they also previously had one on NXT where Heyman was his manager. He can be brought in as a 'Paul Heyman' guy to aid Roman.
  • Jacob Fatu: Booker T has apparently been putting in a good word for him and the rest of the family no doubt is too. He has no contract at the moment to muddle things up either.
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

Yeah, got so many thoughts on how both the lead up to the match and the match itself can go. In regards to people who could get involved:

On Cody's side you have:

• John Cena: had his issues with Roman and got taken out by Solo on Roman's orders. Also the former face of the company who'd be helping the future face of the company. 
  • CM Punk: more because of the Rock than Roman, but would make sense for him to get involved. Even if he can't physically do it, he can always distract someone.
  • Braun Strowman: famously a long time sworn enemy of Roman and would make for a good return spot, him not being done with Roman. Braun was also who Roman pinned to win the Universal title.
  • Brock Lesnar: showed massive respect for Cody and has had massive issues with Roman. The ongoing Vince situation likely means he can't show, but if he gets cleared before Mania then maybe.

• Shinsuke Nakamura: had a recent feud with Cody that you could say sort of carried on at the Rumble when he and Cody got into it. Gimmick seems to involve targeting babyfaces to shatter their dreams (the Goldust reference was not intended) so it'd make sense for him to help Roman just to spite Cody.
  • Bron Breakker: they had him in a segment together on Smackdown and they also previously had one on NXT where Heyman was his manager. He can be brought in as a 'Paul Heyman' guy to aid Roman.
  • Jacob Fatu: Booker T has apparently been putting in a good word for him and the rest of the family no doubt is too. He has no contract at the moment to muddle things up either.

This is exactly how I imagined Roman finally losing. Everyone who he has every screwed over coming in to hit their finnishers on him so cody can get the win. It would be overbooked in the best way possible

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rozalia1 said:

On Cody's side you have:

If half the guys you posted from each side join the final battle its gonna look like this:

OIP.ANRoiKXWk27fIygAERUX3QAAAA?rs=1&pid=

BTW, not a complain at all

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Rozalia1 said:

On Cody's side you have:

This is awesome, couldn't have put it together better myself. However I doubt they'll all be involved, especially some heels like Drew McIntyre who is now focused on something new, unless it's to do with CM Punk's involvement or something like that idk. I also don't see Logan Paul getting involved since his match with Roman was pretty much just a Saudi Arabia money match, unless it's to do with the personal issues he revealed he had with The Rock (although I don't think they'd incorporate that in a storyline). I see this Roman vs Cody II easily topping its prequel. Those who were directly/indirectly screwed by Roman and the bloodline will be involved and I see this match breaking the record of longest WrestleMania match (non-gimmick match like Iron Man match), overtaking Edge vs Randy Orton at WM36 which was 37 minutes long. 

21 hours ago, Don_Chipotle said:

I see a proper Roman Reigns vs The Rock feud finally kickstarting after this match. It deserves a long build up, making it the most anticipated WM match since Cena vs Rock at WM28.

Edited by Maxximum
  • Like 2

It'll never happen, but in addition to all the above that were mentioned coming out to batter Roman in his final moments as champion, it would be even more awesome if people like Daniel Bryan and Edge came out for a short cameo to hit their finisher on him too. Again, it'll never happen, but that forbidden door opening just for one night would be an amazing moment

• Like 1

6 hours ago, willmill97 said:

It'll never happen, but in addition to all the above that were mentioned coming out to batter Roman in his final moments as champion, it would be even more awesome if people like Daniel Bryan and Edge came out for a short cameo to hit their finisher on him too. Again, it'll never happen, but that forbidden door opening just for one night would be an amazing moment

As stated before in this topic, it could happen from many parts, but i doubt TK would allow it, even if it would be something that would help both brands because his way of seeing WWE and AEW as "the bad and the good guys", even if both brands would make a crapton of cash.

Funny that even a brand like TNA/Impact allowed Mickie James go enter the rumble with the brand championship, that moment needs a lot more love, and letting bookers know that you can do things like this if you are quick, and straight to the point

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Don_Chipotle said:

Also yes, absolute heel rocky is back.

Great segment. Definitely caught me off guard with the intro about the state breaking the record of "the largest gathering of trailer park trash" he had ever seen, absolutely genius. A very bipolar crowd though, they constantly cheered and booed him throughout his promo for as long as it lasted. I'd love to see this run go all the way at least until after his match against Roman. I couldn't help but notice that Roman looked like a side piece in The Rock's presence and I think that will factor into their feud a whole lot more than it should. I believe there was a taping on this week's edition? Looking forward to "next week's" Smackdown since both will be there again and see what they deliver. 

I forgot Seth and Cody will be featured on the Grayson Waller effect at the Chamber in Australia and I think it'll be a long and good segment. Still have no idea why neither Rock nor Roman will be appearing there because the card looks so lackluster for a stadium filled show overseas. I'm hearing a lot about Seth potentially turning on Cody at WM40 and honestly can't make out how that makes any sense. It would be another stupid idea and lazy writing like putting Jimmy back into the bloodline after having one of the best babyface turns in a while.    

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Maxximum said:

Great segment. Definitely caught me off guard with the intro about the state breaking the record of "the largest gathering of trailer park trash" he had ever seen, absolutely genius. A very bipolar crowd though, they constantly cheered and booed him throughout his promo for as long as it lasted. I'd love to see this run go all the way at least until after his match against Roman. I couldn't help but notice that Roman looked like a side piece in The Rock's presence and I think that will factor into their feud a whole lot more than it should. I believe there was a taping on this week's edition? Looking forward to "next week's" Smackdown since both will be there again and see what they deliver. 

I forgot Seth and Cody will be featured on the Grayson Waller effect at the Chamber in Australia and I think it'll be a long and good segment. Still have no idea why neither Rock nor Roman will be appearing there because the card looks so lackluster for a stadium filled show overseas. I'm hearing a lot about Seth potentially turning on Cody at WM40 and honestly can't make out how that makes any sense. It would be another stupid idea and lazy writing like putting Jimmy back into the bloodline after having one of the best babyface turns in a while.    

The people were only booing before due to WrestleMania's main story getting ruined. Now that it not only isn't ruined but has become even better, they naturally love the Rock.

Yeah, Roman looking like the little buddy out there is clearly part of the story. People also noted that there was some fun elements out there with the promo. When Rock talked about 'doing everything in his power to make you a loser' he straight up was pointing towards Roman, one of the camera angles that was briefly swapped to showing that clearly. Then the finger point to the sky was an L from the Rock. So it is very possible that at WrestleMania it'll be revealed that it was all a plot by the babyfaces all along. As McIntyre straight up said, which actually covers up Roman's lack of defences a bit, no one wants to fight Roman because they all know that inevitably the Bloodline will get involved.

People saying that about Seth are just putting out what would be a swerve. It wouldn't make sense within the story and it wouldn't make sense physically either because Seth is going to have the surgery he needs after Mania where he likely won't be champion. Screwing Cody like that makes no sense if Seth is just going to disappear off TV afterwards.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rozalia1 said:

The people were only booing before due to WrestleMania's main story getting ruined. Now that it not only isn't ruined but has become even better, they naturally love the Rock.

Yeah, Roman looking like the little buddy out there is clearly part of the story. People also noted that there was some fun elements out there with the promo. When Rock talked about 'doing everything in his power to make you a loser' he straight up was pointing towards Roman, one of the camera angles that was briefly swapped to showing that clearly. Then the finger point to the sky was an L from the Rock. So it is very possible that at WrestleMania it'll be revealed that it was all a plot by the babyfaces all along. As McIntyre straight up said, which actually covers up Roman's lack of defences a bit, no one wants to fight Roman because they all know that inevitably the Bloodline will get involved.

People saying that about Seth are just putting out what would be a swerve. It wouldn't make sense within the story and it wouldn't make sense physically either because Seth is going to have the surgery he needs after Mania where he likely won't be champion. Screwing Cody like that makes no sense if Seth is just going to disappear off TV afterwards.

I think it's more a reality that at WM priest will cash MITB

• 2 weeks later...

Elimination Chamber was entirely predictable, but that ain't a bad thing. Swerves for the sake of swerves is a bad thing and to the surprise of some, people do in fact often want the obvious result. Happy that Tiffany Stratton got highlighted. She has the potential to be a big star for them.

The Wrestling Observer Awards also came out. They're obviously worthless considering who votes in them, hence their crazy results, but there were some fun ones. Tony Khan lost to HHH for Booker of the Year, and to Nick Khan for Promoter of the Year. WWE also broke a 20+ year streak and actually won the Promotion of the Year. Even among the most faithful AEW diehards, even they could not deny how hot WWE has been.

The tag match got set up for Night 1. With the stipulation on the match I imagine that Rock is going to be pinning Cody. Gives Cody the ultimate odds, makes the faces fully justified in interfering in the match as the Bloodline will be able to interfere like never before, and sets up either issues between Rock and Roman or Rock having a legitimate claim to a title match against Cody.

Tiffany Stratton is over and it wasn't just Australia. As we quickly saw in NXT 2.0, Tiffany just has that IT factor that quickly impresses people. With HHH in charge I wonder if he'll actually make Tiffany a face while retaining her current character.

Okada who was the only free agent with any doubt has debuted in AEW so that is another miss for WWE. Not all that surprising at the end of the day when you look at the money the money mark is paying him. 4.5 million every year for 3 years. Outside Roman, Cody, and a few others, that is main eventer money, though in WWE you certainly have the capacity to make beyond your downside guarantee by working more and getting good merch sales.

I don't believe WWE would have even offered half of that listed amount so Tony Khan once again outbid himself for the latest action figure. So Okada out of this deal gets far more money short term, doesn't have to worry about being over as the slavish AEW base with a few rare exceptions always says everything is the greatest until the next great event, doesn't have to work his way to the top as he'll just get given it, and his schedule is tiny compared to what it would be in WWE. Naturally, them picking up Okaka, Ospreay, and having all this 'momentum' from the 'greatest PPV ever' translated to a horrible TV rating. Their attendance numbers are also poor even by the current low standards.

Oh well. We got robbed of that Okada in Chase U dream, but Okada in AEW should certainly give everyone comedy too, in that sad and pathetic sort of way. They can have Meltzer give him as many 5 star ratings as they like, Ospreay already having two to his name in two matches for AEW (one being beyond even 5 stars), and it simply will not matter. As I've said before. An important element of Wrestling is getting away with giving people the least possible so when in a big match you actually do big stuff it all means something and people are actually wowed. Going 100% in every match like Ospreay may impress delusional uncle Dave and other extremely online marks, but it quickly bores normal people. In my personal view someone could have the greatest match in the world with a jobber for 20+ minutes sure, and I'd not rate it above 3/5. There is a time and place to all of this. That was true 50 years ago and it will be true 50 years from now.

Edited by Rozalia1

28 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

Okada who was the only free agent with any doubt has debuted in AEW so that is another miss for WWE. Not all that surprising at the end of the day when you look at the money the money mark is paying him. 4.5 million every year for 3 years. Outside Roman, Cody, and a few others, that is main eventer money, though in WWE you certainly have the capacity to make beyond your downside guarantee by working more and getting good merch sales.

I don't believe WWE would have even offered half of that listed amount so Tony Khan once again outbid himself for the latest action figure. So Okada out of this deal gets far more money short term, doesn't have to worry about being over as the slavish AEW base with a few rare exceptions always says everything is the greatest until the next great event, doesn't have to work his way to the top as he'll just get given it, and his schedule is tiny compared to what it would be in WWE. Naturally, them picking up Okaka, Ospreay, and having all this 'momentum' from the 'greatest PPV ever' translated to a horrible TV rating. Their attendance numbers are also poor even by the current low standards.

Oh well. We got robbed of that Okada in Chase U dream, but Okada in AEW should certainly give everyone comedy too, in that sad and pathetic sort of way. They can have Meltzer give him as many 5 star ratings as they like, Ospreay already having two to his name in two matches for AEW (one being beyond even 5 stars), and it simply will not matter. As I've said before. An important element of Wrestling is getting away with giving people the least possible so when in a big match you actually do big stuff it all means something and people are actually wowed. Going 100% in every match like Ospreay may impress delusional uncle Dave and other extremely online marks, but it quickly bores normal people. In my personal view someone could have the greatest match in the world with a jobber for 20+ minutes sure, and I'd not rate it above 3/5. There is a time and place to all of this. That was true 50 years ago and it will be true 50 years from now.

Why are you doing an “AEW bad” Twitter rant on PSNProfiles lmao. Isn’t this supposed to be a WWE thread anyway?

Not normal behaviour on any website. Take a deep breath and enjoy whatever you want to enjoy.

Edited by Nekket_

10 minutes ago, Nekket_ said:

Why are you doing an “AEW bad” Twitter rant on PSNProfiles lmao. Isn’t this supposed to be a WWE thread anyway?

Not normal behaviour on any website. Take a deep breath and enjoy whatever you want to enjoy.

It extends out from AEW overpaying for a guy to stop him going to WWE. If they come up then they come up.

Your framing is the typical one of me being someone who is angry or miserable when... where in my post does that come across? I'm instead celebratory in the fact that the stuff I have believed to be true has been constantly proven. Also, as you're talking social media, it doesn't escape me that 'enjoy whatever you want to enjoy' is the typical line out of the AEW fan who certainly has no issue going on the offensive, but starts crying when they get pushback. Now if that is you or not, who knows, who cares. Going by what you've said there really is no need for you to get into it with me right? So let us just leave it here.

8 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

It extends out from AEW overpaying for a guy to stop him going to WWE. If they come up then they come up.

Your framing is the typical one of me being someone who is angry or miserable when... where in my post does that come across? I'm instead celebratory in the fact that the stuff I have believed to be true has been constantly proven. Also, as you're talking social media, it doesn't escape me that 'enjoy whatever you want to enjoy' is the typical line out of the AEW fan who certainly has no issue going on the offensive, but starts crying when they get pushback. Now if that is you or not, who knows, who cares. Going by what you've said there really is no need for you to get into it with me right? So let us just leave it here.

I simply don’t understand this kind of behaviour over wrestling. It puzzles me. You wrote three whole paragraphs about a guy not signing with WWE because he was given a better deal elsewhere. He was given a lot of money… oh no? This doesn’t affect you.

Yeah, let’s leave this here. You’re one of those.