The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

22 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

@Rozalia1 Nia has heat cause she sucks. If i wanted to watch whales have fun, I'd go to marine world. Nia is a fat sack of shit. Just like Roman needs to get sick again or drop the belts. Who knows, i wished Punk got hurt and it happened. Maybe now Roman will get sick. Fingers crossed.

Who hurt you?

8 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

Apparently HHH is high on Nia. But to me shes only every been employed because shes related to the samoan "dynasty". Shes also fat as fuck. Not talented. You want a big girl whos talented? Piper Niven. She could easily replace Nia and do 10x a better job. What annoys me is if Becky beats Rhea at Mania. I want a 2 or 3 month feud between Rhea and Raquel (last man standing was good), and a dominant heel Shayna. Why is Shayna is a tag title with the ugliest woman on raw: Zoey Stark. Chubby cheeks! Fuckin squirrel. haha.

True, Nia would have been fired and on a complete ban years ago without her being related to certain people, she probably hurt more people than the rest of the roster combined. Raquel is out of the picture for a long while, she has caught an incurable disease from what I remember, how much her variant of it will affect her in ring career long term remains to be seen. Piper is indeed everything that Nia is supposed to be, just better, but she is not related to them politicking samoans, gives you an idea what Nia's career would have looked like without the nepotism. As for Shayna, there is no way she ever gets any big push again, they tried, they weren't impressed, and with Shayna being 43, which is way too old given that the company mostly tends to let the womens careers fizzle out when they are approaching 40, she is likely in the twilight of her career and is now used to get fresher talents like Zoey Stark over somewhat, can't say that I care much about Zoey's unusual looks, most WWE women these days are not exactly easy on the eyes, and they don't have to be anymore unless they ever bring underwear matches back.

Yeah i can see Cody still saying he wants Reigns because he wants the title that has eluded his family, the wwe title.  As for Seth and his WHC. He hasnt even been cleared for Mania and i feel like if he isnt, they have Damian cash in. Which whatever. Damian sucks too. Dude cant cut a promo without fumbling words.

Gunther has the best title reign going right now. Dominant. Winning. Defending. No interference. 600+ days. Gunther > Roman.

If there was one thing I liked about this whole segment it was Seth basically calling the title, and Roman, worthless and devalued. Takes more than a ridiculously long part time Reign from some lazy twat to devalue the oldest and most prestigious title thats still around, especially when the counter title was just casually created a short while ago, which made no sense to me anyway given that with the way they named it, they could have just said that it was the one from 2002 making a comeback after it was unified with the WWE title for a while, but creative couldn't even think that far ahead. It is the second worthless title being created in a few years, I expect this title to get sucked into the WWE title in some lazy unification match just as the old World Heavyweight Title and the Universial Title were.

As For Damian, I can only see his cash in end in failure, he does not seem ready, people do not seem to care, his character was nothing but stupid and clumsy on all his cash ins so far, likely going to be another guy who goes nowhere with the briefcase.

World title is a mess.

IC was supposed to be Gunther vs Brock and no way would Brock win that.. Brock IC champ and then disappear? never. Gunther would probably dominate him lol. But i guess its Steiner vs Gunther at Mania. (Breakker with two k's is such a fucking Vince thing to do)

Too bad we do not get to see Gunther vs Brock, would have been awesome, but with Brock being part of the current scandal involving Vince he was basically erased for the time being, people even commented that many of his official videos, be it from WWE or the Bearded Butchers, just outright vanished in the last few days. Having a legends son and not giving him the same name is always something I never understood, even if Steiner has a troubled history with the company, his name has meaning in the business, even if he is nowhere near a Brock Lesnar of course.

3 hours ago, Rozalia1 said:

CM Punk cut a good promo and there isn't any denying that.

Look at me being here, denying it. The man has the ability to cut good promos, this was just a cheap and lazy effort. If you have to bring up some random guys cancer you know just to get some sympathy, then you must not have any confidence in your face promo abilities, even Dominick Mysterio could go out there, tell a sob story about how a real life guy he knows suffers from cancer but is oh so happy and positive anyway, and the crowd would cheer him despite him being the guy with the most heel heat in the company. The promo wasn't much as a whole either, it was mostly him whining, and then making the same grand claims as he always does.

3 hours ago, Rozalia1 said:

Why are people acting like the Nia thing is for Mania? It is clearly just for Elimination Chamber where Rhea can be a babyface in her home country against one of the few bigger women on the roster. @Infected Elite says Piper Niven is more talented and could fill the role? Sure, but an important aspect with Nia which keeps getting her booked (relation to the Rock does help too yes) is the fact that she actually has some level of heat. Being able to get a reaction is vital in wrestling. It is why years back I was all for that Eva Marie singles run where she had the announcer, because even if she wasn't all that good in the ring (even after more training), the crowds would boo the heck out of her as they felt she was so undeserving.

As for the heels retreating, again, what is the issue. Nia is a monster heel and they're going to attack her for what? To essentially defend Rhea? It also helped to showcase that while Bayley was willing to remain in the ring, the other heels all just left her in there by herself and didn't care.

Well I hope it is just for EC, said as much, but you never know with the company, witnessing over two decades of some really atrocious bad booking decision and knowing that samoans demanding shit for their many, likely inbred, relatives, makes me wary about things like this. Also I'd very much prefer she didn't get anywhere near Rhea at all, Rhea is one of the best women currently on the roster, even if her title reign sucks, she is somewhat injury prone so I don't want her anywhere near the female Mabel for obvious reasons, also because the match is almost guaranteed to suck with Rhea's moveset being almost exclusively centered around power moves, most of which she can't do at all, or at least not do well, against obese opponents.

Btw, Nia has the go away kind of heat, people dislike her promos, they dislike her comments from the pandemic era, they dislike her being a nepotism hire and stay around, they dislike her well known attitude problems backstage and in the ring, and of course it is a well known fact that she injured countless women over the years by being clumsy and reckless. Go away heat is the kind of heat that makes people switch the channel when she is there, not the kind of heat that makes people buy tickets to see her in matches.

My issue with the heels retreating is not them refusing to come to Rhea's aid btw, that part makes sense, but them fleeing when Nia steps up to the five of them and acts all tough, them leaving their leader in there and all of them cowering in fear when any two of them could beat Nia up easily, let alone all five, just made them all look like complete chumps, they made BOTH womens champions, the tag champions, and the Royal Rumble winner look like chumps to boost one obese nepotism hire for what will likely be a single throwaway match at one of the least cared about PPV's of the year, just let that sink in and tell me how that is a net positive for that division.

Also people still care about AEW? Seems like a sinking ship to me when the stars of that company keep crawling back to WWE one after the other. To think that I once hoped this company would be the salvation for a frustrated long time WWE watcher, and then they did everything WWE did, just even worse, yet with many of the same, aging clowns that even WWE didn't want to put in their main events anymore. Makes me appreciate that WWE, for the most part, sucks less these days than it did a few years ago, and with Vince hopefully buried for good now I hope it can only get better with time.

As for wanting to be Reigns, well who wouldn't want to make millions per year lazing on the couch aside from an occasional workout for all but what, half a dozen times per year when he actually competes in formulaic matches? Even Goldberg can do that, hell any one of us could get carried by Heyman as the mouthpiece and Solo as the match winner, give the average man some time to grow his hair, scribble some tats on his skin, eat some roids and bulk up, then boom you are just about on par with Reigns. I dislike the guy because there are so many more deserving people for that top spot, wouldn't wish his Leukemia back on him or a career ending injury, but a CM Punk like injury that finally takes him out of the current title reign and gives us the real main championship back would be appreciated indeed, not like the guy needs the money anymore.

Edited by Dauersack

3 hours ago, willmill97 said:

Who hurt you?

nobody. I hate Punk, Roman and Nia isnt talented. The only Samoan Dynasty members i like. are the Usos, and Jacob Fatu

But at least Mania 40 Roman drops the belts he never depends.  

@Dauersack get paid to sit at home sounds nice. On paper. do what you want etc. I know. I get paid to work and injury pay (insurance).

Edited by Infected Elite

A lot of talk on free agents.

Sasha: Has been talked about as being AEW bound by the dirtsheets. Many have put it forward so strongly that they're going to look terrible if she goes to WWE. The way I see it is that while management may be different, they know full well that Sasha can be a problem. Not because she stands up for herself, but because from what is out there she goes too far with it. She also seems to get in the heads of other talent, as we saw with Bayley and Naomi, and turns them against management too. Sasha's contemporaries of Bayley/Charlotte/Becky have all risen their stock, and other newer talent have also risen up, most notably Rhea. Sasha for her part went to Japan and did a few matches and got injured. To the WWE her stock will not have risen, but in her mind I'm sure she thinks that she is worth as much as any of the other women on the roster. So the likely result is she'll want too much money and WWE will not see any reason to match what she wants. 

AEW on the other hand is ran by a money mark so he will happily pay any such amount. The problem with that of course is... the noted issues I talked about with Sasha. How AEW currently treats the women means they'll have heat with her instantly if they don't change it. Perhaps that is why Rampage and Collision have started to have 2 women's matches, as it is Khan showing her that they can do it, though he apparently won't do it for his main show until he can sign her. The likely result, as we saw with Punk, is Sasha will see how weak Khan is and boss him around to get whatever she wants. Like with Punk however the existing cliques in AEW are unlikely to like that and so will seek to sabotage her which who knows, could then lead to Sasha punching out some teeth from Britt Baker or someone.

Okada: For a while the dirtsheets were saying that he appeared WWE bound, but now they're saying AEW. The additional argument they've added tot he case for him in AEW is... Okada is friends with the Young Bucks... so damn stupid. They talk as if Okada doesn't have a good friend in Nakamura within WWE. Anyway, who knows what decision Okada will take. If he chooses AEW he'll certainly get paid more in the short term and he'll also be able to be in Japan far more. If he wants to actually have a chance at being a global star and someone who people in Japan will undoubtedly put above the likes of Tanahashi, then he needs to go to WWE.

Giulia: This has been an odd one. AEW reportedly has no interest which has baffled everybody. Now something went up, not a report, but a guy saying that SRS said it on some random podcast, that the word is... AEW sees her as too stiff (hurt Willow), inconsiderate (didn't check on Willow afterwards), and all the Japanese women they have signed hate Giulia (because she left a company for another, and when her last match got cancelled she wasn't willing to do the match later out of contract). It was also said that all of these problems can be better addressed in WWE (who can actually keep talent under control)... keep in mind that all involved in putting this out there are for AEW. Even propagandists for AEW can't help but bury the company.

All of this is of course nonsense. For a start the talk of 'too stiff' is just laughable. Remember the Athena thing where they championed women being stiff? How about how these guys fetishise 'Japanese Strong Style', going on about how it so much better wrestling, and yet Giulia being stiff is a problem? Huh? As for not checking on Willow, people straight up had video evidence of Giulia checking on Willow after the match and then in the interview afterwards she put Willow over. As for the Japanese women hating her, that seems sketchy too, but even if it were the case... and? Why would any of them have the pull to blacklist someone form the company? Even the Japanese talent they actually give wins to, Shida and Riho, are an irrelevance on the show even when they're made champion for no reason. If this factors in at all then it is just another matter that shows how badly AEW is ran. By all accounts Cody, a main eventer, was not exactly the biggest fan of CM Punk coming in. What did he do? Try to stop Punk coming in? Sabotage him? No. He did as guys are supposed to, try and make some money together. Something which goes a long way in improving relations by the way.

On 1/30/2024 at 2:32 PM, Dauersack said:

Look at me being here, denying it. The man has the ability to cut good promos, this was just a cheap and lazy effort. If you have to bring up some random guys cancer you know just to get some sympathy, then you must not have any confidence in your face promo abilities, even Dominick Mysterio could go out there, tell a sob story about how a real life guy he knows suffers from cancer but is oh so happy and positive anyway, and the crowd would cheer him despite him being the guy with the most heel heat in the company. The promo wasn't much as a whole either, it was mostly him whining, and then making the same grand claims as he always does.

Btw, Nia has the go away kind of heat, people dislike her promos, they dislike her comments from the pandemic era, they dislike her being a nepotism hire and stay around, they dislike her well known attitude problems backstage and in the ring, and of course it is a well known fact that she injured countless women over the years by being clumsy and reckless. Go away heat is the kind of heat that makes people switch the channel when she is there, not the kind of heat that makes people buy tickets to see her in matches.

My issue with the heels retreating is not them refusing to come to Rhea's aid btw, that part makes sense, but them fleeing when Nia steps up to the five of them and acts all tough, them leaving their leader in there and all of them cowering in fear when any two of them could beat Nia up easily, let alone all five, just made them all look like complete chumps, they made BOTH womens champions, the tag champions, and the Royal Rumble winner look like chumps to boost one obese nepotism hire for what will likely be a single throwaway match at one of the least cared about PPV's of the year, just let that sink in and tell me how that is a net positive for that division.

Come on now. The material alongside that was good. I don't see how you can say he was whining when he straight up tells people to not feel sorry for him. On top of that, while he says that he will try to main event WrestleMania, he addresses how self destructive it has been for him. He brought up his humiliation in the UFC, he stated that 'best in the world' is not about him winning every match, and used everything said to put himself over as a babyface. Then beyond his promo, he had the facials and mannerisms in the ring where he was ready with the mic because he knew full well that McIntyre was going to attack him. I say all of this as someone who in the past was going against the grain on Punk, with many only now finally realising what I knew a decade+ ago.

I disagree. Go away heat or X-Pac heat, is something that gets thrown around a lot on the internet and it is nonsense. I don't blame you for thinking like that, but I simply don't see it. What I have seen is the fact that any heel who doesn't portray themselves as a 'cool heel' and actually wrestles like a heel should will tend to get that comment said about them. Think about it, really. Take the popular heels, why doesn't somebody make the comment that they have go away heat? Because even if they can get the boos, the crowd is simply playing along with a smile on their face. Wrestling needs more of the Corbins and the Nias who just get booed and aren't out there trying to pop people to cause them to cheer for them.

One detail I noticed, which is actually good, was Kairi did very much look scared to be in the ring with Jax. Considering how much of an infamous beating she has taken from Nia it fits. As for the rest, again, it is all part of the story. Nia's issue is with Bayley and the group, who doesn't want to actually support Bayley bails on her. It isn't a matter of them being scared of Nia to where they aren't willing to fight her 5 on 1, it is them simply not wanting to fight Nia (a monster heel) on Bayley's behalf.

On 1/30/2024 at 2:32 PM, Dauersack said:

Also people still care about AEW? Seems like a sinking ship to me when the stars of that company keep crawling back to WWE one after the other. To think that I once hoped this company would be the salvation for a frustrated long time WWE watcher, and then they did everything WWE did, just even worse, yet with many of the same, aging clowns that even WWE didn't want to put in their main events anymore. Makes me appreciate that WWE, for the most part, sucks less these days than it did a few years ago, and with Vince hopefully buried for good now I hope it can only get better with time.

As for wanting to be Reigns, well who wouldn't want to make millions per year lazing on the couch aside from an occasional workout for all but what, half a dozen times per year when he actually competes in formulaic matches? Even Goldberg can do that, hell any one of us could get carried by Heyman as the mouthpiece and Solo as the match winner, give the average man some time to grow his hair, scribble some tats on his skin, eat some roids and bulk up, then boom you are just about on par with Reigns. I dislike the guy because there are so many more deserving people for that top spot, wouldn't wish his Leukemia back on him or a career ending injury, but a CM Punk like injury that finally takes him out of the current title reign and gives us the real main championship back would be appreciated indeed, not like the guy needs the money anymore.

AEW hit at the perfect moment when WWE was most vulnerable, pure luck considering how incompetent Tony Khan is, and completely fumbled it. WWE not only survived the attack, but has now recovered to such an extent that they're now in a boom, something some thought could never happen again. The people in the audience who'd go against the show and make it a worse experience for others have been nicely contained in AEW, and WWE now has (larger) crowds that go along with the show. Jaded people, which I would have counted myself among at the time (like yourself), have been shown with AEW just how bad things can be. Then you have the merger which has made WWE even stronger because beyond having more money available, they've gained a whole number of business connections that they didn't have before. At the time I said that Tony Khan needed to oppose the merger and rally other wrestling companies to do so also, but he couldn't even do that. Did he not do so because he is a coward? Because he is too prideful and would have to put forward that WWE (and UFC) are monopolies, thereby making clear that his company is not on WWE's level? Is he an idiot who simply didn't understand why the merger needed to be stopped? All of the above I think. The end result of that is that we're unlikely to see WWE challenged again for several decades now (if ever again), as the failure that is AEW will be in the minds of the companies that could pay to show Wrestling, and also in the minds of any billionaire who might think to challenge the WWE.

The situation with most of the old/WWE guys is just a rerun of WCW, with Jericho ironically being the worst of the lot. Likely the best paid man in the company and he is in the midcard stinking up the place leeching off younger guys, and those aren't my words, those are words outright said on the program. Words echoing what Cornette/Last have said about Jericho, him being a leech/vampire who outright hurts (makes them less over and destroys their momentum) anybody he feuds with, which even some of the AEW faithful can't argue against. In a proud AEW tradition though, the problem gets highlighted and then nothing gets done about it. What is nastier than what occurred with WCW however is the contract situation for the younger guys. WCW cut numerous younger guys because they didn't have a place for them and thought they sucked anyway. Tony meanwhile has outright bragged about him not rescinding contracts of guys who want to leave, something which we were told was evil when WWE did it years back, but is well deserved on the talent when Tony does it. These talents are not ones he is going to get anything out of, and he may not even rate them all that highly considering how for example the likes of Ricky Starks has been treated, but he'll keep them the whole contract just to hurt them. Sadly for the younger guys they have to work to try and get better and become better known, unlike older guys like Andrade and Black who have no issue wrestling minimal amount as they wait. The danger with actually putting in the work as you wait is getting hurt. Wardlow for example (not that I've heard talk of him wanting to leave, but he makes a nice example as he just got hurt), the supposed monster heel for the top heel group, just had a competitive match with one of the Lucha jobbers. Almost got himself decapitated when the jobber did a Phoenix Splash and straight up kneed Wardlow in the neck. Wardlow seemed off after that, as anybody would, and then appeared to tweak his knee when he went to powerbomb the jobber while being loopy. Something which could have been avoided if that incompetent Knox did his job and checked on the talent, but he didn't care to do so after seeing a guy get his throat crushed. Didn't on the previous show when two guys smashed their skulls together either. Ah, but he is friends with the Young Bucks so nobody even tries to get him to be better at his job. Just incompetence and cowardice at every level.

As for the Roman part. I was talking about who I responded to specifically and not others. As you yourself have noted, he really goes overboard on the Roman hate. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rozalia1 said:

Come on now. The material alongside that was good. I don't see how you can say he was whining when he straight up tells people to not feel sorry for him. On top of that, while he says that he will try to main event WrestleMania, he addresses how self destructive it has been for him. He brought up his humiliation in the UFC, he stated that 'best in the world' is not about him winning every match, and used everything said to put himself over as a babyface. Then beyond his promo, he had the facials and mannerisms in the ring where he was ready with the mic because he knew full well that McIntyre was going to attack him. I say all of this as someone who in the past was going against the grain on Punk, with many only now finally realising what I knew a decade+ ago.

He has been tooting the same horn for way over a decade with his wrestlemania main event obsession and how it was denied to him. His promo would have been good on someone who actually had it rough and worked for any of his chances in the last decade, unlike Punk who walked out of WWE, got paid a fortune coming into the UFC despite having zero background, skill or fight experience in MMA, then got paid a fortune to come into AEW and causing one incident after the other with his primadonna behavior, only to now get paid a fortune to come back to the WWE and being right on course for a big Royal Rumble spot and Wrestlemania spot he would have taken from more deserving wrestlers, which he only lost because he got injured due to ring rust. It was not the right promo for him is what I am saying.

I disagree. Go away heat or X-Pac heat, is something that gets thrown around a lot on the internet and it is nonsense. I don't blame you for thinking like that, but I simply don't see it. What I have seen is the fact that any heel who doesn't portray themselves as a 'cool heel' and actually wrestles like a heel should will tend to get that comment said about them. Think about it, really. Take the popular heels, why doesn't somebody make the comment that they have go away heat? Because even if they can get the boos, the crowd is simply playing along with a smile on their face. Wrestling needs more of the Corbins and the Nias who just get booed and aren't out there trying to pop people to cause them to cheer for them.

Maybe you don't see it because you are unfamiliar with it.

Heat in modern day means that people hate the character portrayed on screen, or at least act like they do, like they are supposed to, but not the real person playing the character, so they pay money to see the character get "beaten", humiliated or whatever, paying to watch him lose, or paying to watch him outsmart the face to steal a win, knowing full well that the real person behind the character is making bank off of it and is having fun with the fan interactions. Dominik Mysterio is a good example, people hate what the character did to his legendary father, his smug face, his wannabe tough guy act, his mullet, that he gets to play around with Rhea Ripley, he is great at what he does and everyone knows that he is a very fun and chill guy behind the scenes, this is the kind of heat that leads to ticket sales when in a big rivalry with a popular face, or just allows people to have fun rooting against someone.

The go away kind of heat that Nia has means that people hate the character on screen, sometimes they are supposed to do that like with Nia, or not like with Reigns during his days of being booed out of the building after his Royal Rumble win, but they also hate the real life person behind the character, in Nia's case that is very much justified, or the booking of the character, or think the person is unskilled, and neither they want to stomach any longer. They do not want to watch that person in the ring at all because they know these days that no one actually gets beaten up, they do not want that person to make money in a top spot, they feel like switching the channel when that person is on screen. You seem under the impression that, with heat, it works like "there is no bad press", but that does not apply with heat, not anymore, it might have 30 years ago when more people thought that wrestling was real and the heels actually got beaten up. If most of the heels in the company had go away heat nowadays, people would stop watching the product, if most of the heels in the company had the normal kind of heat, people would think the product was great. I have yet to meet someone who can explain to me how legit disliking someone on screen to the point that you skip his or her matches is good for that wrestler, or for the business that keeps pushing that wrestler.

One detail I noticed, which is actually good, was Kairi did very much look scared to be in the ring with Jax. Considering how much of an infamous beating she has taken from Nia it fits. As for the rest, again, it is all part of the story. Nia's issue is with Bayley and the group, who doesn't want to actually support Bayley bails on her. It isn't a matter of them being scared of Nia to where they aren't willing to fight her 5 on 1, it is them simply not wanting to fight Nia (a monster heel) on Bayley's behalf.

They all looked scared, even Asuka, who is supposed to be a deranged psycho character, hell Bayley actually cowered and ducked despite having her entire group behind her. A heel group that makes grand claims of being the big thing around on their roster, and then does not even do anything when a single person has the audacity to step up to them and threaten them, is a joke, nothing else, and like I said, no one benefits from this aside from Nia, who will just lose to Rhea in a bad throwaway match anyway, unless one of them samoans has enough dirt on someone to demand her winning the thing.

I agree on your AEW take though, and I really want to emphasize how much of a favor AEW did to WWE by hiring off so many of the primadonnas who bought their own hype. WWE had this time period of hiring just about anyone, severely bloating the roster, they had to fire quite many of them and it was horrible PR, but with AEW taking in so many has beens, and wannabe internet champions, it made WWE look far less awful. This comes in addition to all the points you mentioned that helped WWE out a great deal, which made them look so much better when they actually improved for real compared to 5-6 years ago.

Edited by Dauersack

Why does everyone hate punk so much?  When it comes to that all out situation in aew the elite were just as guilty if not more so as they're EVPs of AEW they should have been held to a higher standard and not go and fight him in his locker room after the media scrum/ when he just wrestled somebody.  Adam page stared the problem too on tv and after all out jungle boy did the real glass spot in that one match months later.  Punk should have not aired it out to the public though for sure.  It's also not a good look that they seemed to force Cody Rhodes out of the company as well and now he's arguably been the top guy in wwe since coming back from the torn pec.  Since Punk is injured though and Cody v Roman is all but set now.  What's going to happen at mania with who Seth will face.  Elimination chamber isn't going to be super stacked probably as I've heard Roman won't be there as he only shows up a few times a year now and seth is still injured so he won't be there either. 

7 hours ago, JeffGordon2 said:

Why does everyone hate punk so much?  When it comes to that all out situation in aew the elite were just as guilty if not more so as they're EVPs of AEW they should have been held to a higher standard and not go and fight him in his locker room after the media scrum/ when he just wrestled somebody.  Adam page stared the problem too on tv and after all out jungle boy did the real glass spot in that one match months later.  Punk should have not aired it out to the public though for sure.  It's also not a good look that they seemed to force Cody Rhodes out of the company as well and now he's arguably been the top guy in wwe since coming back from the torn pec.  Since Punk is injured though and Cody v Roman is all but set now. 

Punk whined too much, he's a piss poor baby who complains if things don't go his way. He is far from professional and he will be exposed again in due time.

Cody will beat that pissant champ Roman.

7 hours ago, JeffGordon2 said:

What's going to happen at mania with who Seth will face.  Elimination chamber isn't going to be super stacked probably as I've heard Roman won't be there as he only shows up a few times a year now and seth is still injured so he won't be there either. 

Elimination chamber is at 4am pst..curious how they do. 

Ripley will defend against the hippo Nia. Beat her.

Becky prob win womens chamber to face Rhea at Mania

anyones guess for world title #1 chamber.

Prob McIntyre and see the same shit? OR does Priest cash in and win soon? Priest isnt good either. Keeps fumbling promos.

Edited by Infected Elite
typo.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Infected Elite said:

Punk whined too much, hes a piss poor baby who whines it things dont go his way. He is far from professional and he willnhe exposed again in due time.

Cody will beat that pissant champ Roman.

Elimination chamber is at 4am pst..curious how they do. 

Ripley will defend against the hippo Nia. Beat her.

Becky prob win womens chamber to face Rhea at Mania

anyones guess for world title #1 chamber.

Prob McIntyre and see the same shit? OR does Priest cash in and win soon? Priest isnt good either. Keeps fumbling promos.

Fair enough with punk.  The 2014 walkout was probably his most controversial but if he manages to even have a 3 to 4 year run where no big outbreak of drama happens this run will go down as successful.  I really hope so with Cody they should have put him over last year if they don't at mania this year I guess roman is champion until he retires.  That's going to be a weird time definetely need to stay off the internet till i watch it lol.  Rhea needs to win as she needs to have the belt going into mania wouldn't make sense otherwise.  Becky vs Rhea would be cool for mania

Just now, JeffGordon2 said:

Fair enough with punk.  The 2014 walkout was probably his most controversial but if he manages to even have a 3 to 4 year run where no big outbreak of drama happens this run will go down as successful.  I really hope so with Cody they should have put him over last year if they don't at mania this year I guess roman is champion until he retires.  That's going to be a weird time definetely need to stay off the internet till i watch it lol.  Rhea needs to win as she needs to have the belt going into mania wouldn't make sense otherwise.  Becky vs Rhea would be cool for mania

Like Cody said, punk said all this ROH/NJPW promo stuff... but left. Cody left, did all that, reinvented himself. Helped start a wrestling revolution, and love or hate AEW, it is another option for stars and money/jobs for talent. So Cody did a lot. Now back to end Roman. But yeah last year should have been Codys moment. I noticed though, Mania X, XX, XXX had dominant title reigns ended. 40 should be no different imo.

Becky vs Rhea has been the plan for awhile BUT Rhea is still so popular/hot i cant see her dropping it at Mania 40. I think Summerslam to someone maybe. 

2 hours ago, JeffGordon2 said:

Why does everyone hate punk so much?

I can give you my reasons.

1. He pretends to be the best, to be a tough guy, and for many years he got paid a handsome amount of money with his spot, yet he never even bothered to try and look the part at least. His ugly tats are one thing, and I don't care about him not dressing well or not either, it is the physical state he is in. If you get paid many millions to act like you are a tough guy who can square up to giants, at least you can look the part to some extend, bulk up or get really damn fit, he doesn't bother to do either. Just look at the change between Walter and Gunther, the man went to the big leagues and got himself into great shape compared to the chubby brawler look he had as Walter while working the indies or developmental deals, hell look at the shape Orton and AJ Styles were returning in compared to Punk.

2. He is entitled. He thinks he should have gotten a Wrestlemania main event when he was never really THE top guy, always overshadowed by bigger stars. He complained, actually complained, about getting to wrestle the legendary Undertaker in a Wrestlemania match, or a legend like Triple H, or Brock Lesnar, most others would kill for either match on a big PPV with these legends, Punk meanwhile, who hasn't accomplished half of what these men have and never will, deemed it beneath him. He does not stop talking about his little Wrestlemania main event obsession either, and he is nowhere near as good as he thinks he is if you ask me, especially not these days.

3. He is a primadonna. I think you will have a hard time finding something Punk hasn't whined about incessantly, all companies he ever worked for, fans, internet communities, colleagues, bosses, part timers taking his spotlight, it has no end with the guy, he is causing incidents with his attitude wherever he goes. In my opinion, if every single place you go to has people who have a big problem with you, then the problem gotta be your attitude or your actions to a significant extend.

4. He is a hypocrite. One of the things he complained about A LOT was that some part timing guys just came in and took a spot he thought he deserved more as a full timer, and look at what he tried to do here, coming back to the company he badmouthed and downright slandered for almost a decade, after he was kicked out of the door by the competition and tanked his market value by getting eaten alive in MMA.

He just walks in and gets to steal the attention at Survivor Series when the guys just put on a great performance, then he gets to be the runner up in the Royal Rumble over someone like Gunther, and he definitely would have faced Rollins for the world title at Wrestlemania if his old body hadn't decided that it is no longer in wrestling shape, a spot that he did not deserve over full time wrestlers who busted their asses for years while he sat at home or failed at MMA. He isn't close to being half the star The Rock was, not in wrestling and certainly not in cinema, and unlike The Rock he parted in a bad way, yet he tried to do the same thing he complained about when The Rock and others did it.

Edited by Dauersack
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Dauersack said:

He has been tooting the same horn for way over a decade with his wrestlemania main event obsession and how it was denied to him. His promo would have been good on someone who actually had it rough and worked for any of his chances in the last decade, unlike Punk who walked out of WWE, got paid a fortune coming into the UFC despite having zero background, skill or fight experience in MMA, then got paid a fortune to come into AEW and causing one incident after the other with his primadonna behavior, only to now get paid a fortune to come back to the WWE and being right on course for a big Royal Rumble spot and Wrestlemania spot he would have taken from more deserving wrestlers, which he only lost because he got injured due to ring rust. It was not the right promo for him is what I am saying.

Maybe you don't see it because you are unfamiliar with it.

Heat in modern day means that people hate the character portrayed on screen, or at least act like they do, like they are supposed to, but not the real person playing the character, so they pay money to see the character get "beaten", humiliated or whatever, paying to watch him lose, or paying to watch him outsmart the face to steal a win, knowing full well that the real person behind the character is making bank off of it and is having fun with the fan interactions. Dominik Mysterio is a good example, people hate what the character did to his legendary father, his smug face, his wannabe tough guy act, his mullet, that he gets to play around with Rhea Ripley, he is great at what he does and everyone knows that he is a very fun and chill guy behind the scenes, this is the kind of heat that leads to ticket sales when in a big rivalry with a popular face, or just allows people to have fun rooting against someone.

The go away kind of heat that Nia has means that people hate the character on screen, sometimes they are supposed to do that like with Nia, or not like with Reigns during his days of being booed out of the building after his Royal Rumble win, but they also hate the real life person behind the character, in Nia's case that is very much justified, or the booking of the character, or think the person is unskilled, and neither they want to stomach any longer. They do not want to watch that person in the ring at all because they know these days that no one actually gets beaten up, they do not want that person to make money in a top spot, they feel like switching the channel when that person is on screen. You seem under the impression that, with heat, it works like "there is no bad press", but that does not apply with heat, not anymore, it might have 30 years ago when more people thought that wrestling was real and the heels actually got beaten up. If most of the heels in the company had go away heat nowadays, people would stop watching the product, if most of the heels in the company had the normal kind of heat, people would think the product was great. I have yet to meet someone who can explain to me how legit disliking someone on screen to the point that you skip his or her matches is good for that wrestler, or for the business that keeps pushing that wrestler.

I agree on your AEW take though, and I really want to emphasize how much of a favor AEW did to WWE by hiring off so many of the primadonnas who bought their own hype. WWE had this time period of hiring just about anyone, severely bloating the roster, they had to fire quite many of them and it was horrible PR, but with AEW taking in so many has beens, and wannabe internet champions, it made WWE look far less awful. This comes in addition to all the points you mentioned that helped WWE out a great deal, which made them look so much better when they actually improved for real compared to 5-6 years ago.

As I said though, he acknowledged that and said that it took a life of its own which has been a burden on him. As for having it rough, he wasn't lying when he said the part about not being tall enough, big enough, had the wrong tattoos, and all that. The story goes that Punk was so convinced that he was obviously going to be a failure in WWE that he got close to Heyman to learn about how shows are ran and things of that nature, believing that if he can't be a top wrestler then he can at least be in the business helping the shows happen. No getting around the part timer thing though yeah, and I attacked him on that myself back then.

Okay, but traditionally heels are supposed to be disliked, not booed out of respect/fun but really the people love them. Just because many in the modern day don't get that doesn't mean it is now wrong. Many modern guys in AEW/Indies are out there killing themselves and hurting others for real and that doesn't mean that pro-wrestling is now that. It is still supposed to be a work and done as safely as possible. Those who understand what a heel is supposed to be are the types that change up their style in-ring to take shine off themselves and give it to the babyfaces. Nia is out there doing promos in her annoying way on purpose. You hate it? That is the point. They could book her as a cool heel if they wanted and setting her up to eat everyone alive on the mic, but that is not her role as a heel. As for the rest. There is no pattern of drops of Nia losing them viewers, and in fact when it comes to the crowd she actually puts some life into them as she can actually get a reaction. You can call it go away heat if you want, but even if that were the case, it beats no reaction which is what a lot of women get even in WWE (NXT is the only one where women top to bottom get a reaction).

It was certainly a bloated roster at the time, something which AEW fans would state, and then take no issue with AEW getting bigger and bigger as it filled up with guys who'd barely be on the show. The 'game changers' they brought in from the indies and WWE have been quite the poison pill to the company. Meanwhile at WWE they replaced stocking NXT with largely small, broken down, indy minded goofs; with largely athletes that they're building from scratch. Bron Breakker, Tiffany Stratton, so forth. The talent development system of WWE is now back to the top level, and on top of that no longer has Vince and his cronies at the top who'd sabotage guys on a whim. The best case example when it comes to developing between the two is Dominik and Hook. They were out there saying that Dominik was never going to be anybody and Hook was going to be a star. Since then Dominik has become one of the top heels in the business, is #2 in matches wrestled only behind Cody, and has been improving on every aspect of his game. Hook meanwhile is exactly where he was before. Has barely wrestled, hasn't gotten better, and still can't cut a promo. Of course, to many AEW fans what I've just said is 'hating'. Everything is great. Toxic positivity basically. Have you ever seen them defending the ratings for example? Every week there is an excuse. They're always great ratings considering X. They're just like Khan who constantly says they're doing great and doing better than ever. Rather than firing dozens and dozens of guys who have no business being in the company, he instead will slot them in here and there on his shows and then have them disappear for X months. Then shockingly their ratings collapse as people get tired of seeing no-name jobbers constantly on the show. AEW fans? Cards are STACKED! Show full of BANGERS! DREAM MATCHES! You look at what they're saying and it makes you wonder if these can be real people because it is like they exist in another reality.

6 hours ago, JeffGordon2 said:

Why does everyone hate punk so much?  When it comes to that all out situation in aew the elite were just as guilty if not more so as they're EVPs of AEW they should have been held to a higher standard and not go and fight him in his locker room after the media scrum/ when he just wrestled somebody.  Adam page stared the problem too on tv and after all out jungle boy did the real glass spot in that one match months later.  Punk should have not aired it out to the public though for sure.  It's also not a good look that they seemed to force Cody Rhodes out of the company as well and now he's arguably been the top guy in wwe since coming back from the torn pec.  Since Punk is injured though and Cody v Roman is all but set now.  What's going to happen at mania with who Seth will face.  Elimination chamber isn't going to be super stacked probably as I've heard Roman won't be there as he only shows up a few times a year now and seth is still injured so he won't be there either. 

I was someone who 10 years back was 'hating' on Punk. I heavily disliked him and his wife, who was even worse. They'd be championed as great in ring workers when they weren't actually any good. Punk has great psychology and likely would make a great trainer as he understands things well, but he physically cannot do it like he knows it should be done which is why he has always been sloppy. Someone else might change up their style to clean everything up, but Punk never cared to (he might when he returns due to his age forcing the matter). His wife didn't even have that and was simply terrible. I used to at least give her the fact that it wasn't wholly on her due to her being tiny, but when you look at Roxanne Perez and that excuse loses its lustre. On promos the situation was even worse. Punk can certainly talk, but in WWE he was out there burying people in shooty manners which guys had to largely just take and not shoot back. Gee, I wonder why Punk was destroying guys on the mic. AJ Lee again was even worse and buried the whole division in extremely ugly ways, that they were all bimbos and then you had the 'talent isn't sexually transmitted line which not only was heavily hypocritical, but that only served to give support to the very worst of the people on the internet attacking women's wrestling. Beyond all that you can throw in Punk being a known malcontent who was given so much but would never be happy. Company gave him an absolutely massive title reign? Gave him Heyman like I wanted? Wins over big stars? Well, they didn't replace face of the company John Cena with him. He didn't main event WrestleMania. The company screwed him, he and his insufferable fans would say.

That is the background for me and others who have disliked Punk for a long time. When it comes to those you see today, none of the above applies as they supported Punk in all of that. What hurt them is the fact that Punk, who for being a 'Punk' is in fact actually traditional when it comes to wrestling, essentially told them that their heroes Kenny, Bucks, other Indy goofs; were nobodies who didn't know what they were doing. Their Indy wrestling sucked and isn't how it is supposed to be done. In their minds Punk has always been grouped with those guys and Punk just broke their fantasy, essentially spat in their faces and told them they were idiots. To me that was why when Punk came in Cody seemed clearly trepidatious while the Bucks were over the moon. The Bucks like their fans thought they were the same as Punk, while Cody knew better and knew that Punk would absolutely hate the Bucks. When it comes to what the Bucks/Hangman/Perry did, AEW fans refuse to see it as they've attacked WWE on being scripted so heavily that they don't understand that you actually shouldn't be out there shooting when the other guy doesn't know what you content is going to be. Punk legitimately was baffled out there with Hangman's promo. Punk is being set up to be the top face champion of the company and Hangman starts going on about him being a cancer, using influence to get a guy fired, and whatever else? That is where the whole 'empty headed' and 'going into business for himself' comments about Hangman comes from. As for Perry, he called out a main eventer trying to make him look bad that he wasn't going to be working with, and you're not supposed to do that (unless given permission) hence why Punk took issue. I recall a story Cornette told about himself when he was starting out which was like this, as he was out there cutting heel promos on the respected play by play announcer the show he was on had. The booker called Cornette over and asked him if he was going to be working any matches with the announcer. Obviously not. Asked him what benefit there was in burying his lead announcer? None. Cornette realised his mistake and stopped doing what he was doing. If AEW was a well ran company someone in management would have seen that, smartened Perry up, and then had Perry apologise to Punk that he was angry and doesn't know better due to being so young and inexperienced. Instead management likely thought it was great stuff, and perhaps if someone tried to tell Perry it was wrong they'd have been brushed off as 'out of touch' dinosaurs.

As for Cody, what a blunder that was. Reportedly Cody asked to be paid what Punk was being paid and money mark Khan who gives everybody huge amounts said no. Cody goes to WWE and instantly becomes the top face, something which shocked all of them. AEW's audience thinks that they're 'smart', so they reject a face like Cody because only 'marks' would cheer for pure babyfaces. Nah, the cool smart fans cheer heels like Swerve who has literally hanged someone on the show and threatened a baby. They cheer guys like that idiot Moxley who takes young babyfaces out of the ring, makes them bleed, and piledrives them on the floor. Tony Khan is of course an idiot who agrees with those fans, but even if he wasn't he is too gutless to do anything anyway. The problem those people always had with WWE was no matter what they did to mess up shows, the WWE never gave in to them.

Dude needs to chill mentioning AEW. We get it, you dont like it. No one cares, this is mainly a wwe thread. Every company has ups and downs and faults. Every company staying around also equals opportunities for those who feel WWE isnt for them or they wouldn't know what to do with their character or if they are worried WWE may change their gimmick they are known for.

Just chill. Fuck

34 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

Dude needs to chill mentioning AEW. We get it, you dont like it. No one cares, this is mainly a wwe thread. Every company has ups and downs and faults. Every company staying around also equals opportunities for those who feel WWE isnt for them or they wouldn't know what to do with their character or if they are worried WWE may change their gimmick they are known for.

Just chill. Fuck

You're the one who started it when you couldn't let a small comment, which wasn't wrong or a lie, go because it was a 'shot' at AEW. From there others have joined in on the conversation and so AEW is getting talked about on its operation in relation to WWE, Punk, and Cody. The lesson to learn is that you should let some things go as you'll make it worse otherwise.

This 'lets just enjoy wrestling' talk is hollow to start with, but especially when it comes from you who is always unhappy with things and wanting Roman to die. Why don't you just enjoy wrestling and leave Roman alone huh? To me it comes off like you wanting to defend AEW, but knowing that you can't say we're wrong or lying because AEW really is that grossly incompetent. Anyway, the stuff said here is very civil compared to how AEW fans talk about WWE, so please do chill yes.

As for that comment on AEW existing being good and all that. Common enough sentiment, and sure it is nice for a good amount of people that a money mark is around overpaying them for minimal work. They also serve as a lovely containment promotion for horrible to deal with wrestling fans. However... their 'style' is the antithesis of Pro-Wrestling and is going to catch up with many of their talent later in life, ruining their lives. They devalue everything, they desensitise people, they simply do not make new fans as any small amount they might make will quickly tire of it. To me, speaking long term, AEW going under would be a positive.

Your response is likely to be repeating the quoted comment in a reworded manner, calling me stuff, or simply brushing it off entirely as 'you aren't going to read my post'. Sure, whatever. I'd ask you stop trying to police my posts. AEW's very management takes constant shots at WWE and is often relevant, so yes, people can talk about them. Something which often doesn't even happen at that.

14 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

You're the one who started it when you couldn't let a small comment, which wasn't wrong or a lie, go because it was a 'shot' at AEW. From there others have joined in on the conversation and so AEW is getting talked about on its operation in relation to WWE, Punk, and Cody. The lesson to learn is that you should let some things go as you'll make it worse otherwise.

This 'lets just enjoy wrestling' talk is hollow to start with, but especially when it comes from you who is always unhappy with things and wanting Roman to die. Why don't you just enjoy wrestling and leave Roman alone huh? To me it comes off like you wanting to defend AEW, but knowing that you can't say we're wrong or lying because AEW really is that grossly incompetent. Anyway, the stuff said here is very civil compared to how AEW fans talk about WWE, so please do chill yes.

As for that comment on AEW existing being good and all that. Common enough sentiment, and sure it is nice for a good amount of people that a money mark is around overpaying them for minimal work. They also serve as a lovely containment promotion for horrible to deal with wrestling fans. However... their 'style' is the antithesis of Pro-Wrestling and is going to catch up with many of their talent later in life, ruining their lives. They devalue everything, they desensitise people, they simply do not make new fans as any small amount they might make will quickly tire of it. To me, speaking long term, AEW going under would be a positive.

Your response is likely to be repeating the quoted comment in a reworded manner, calling me stuff, or simply brushing it off entirely as 'you aren't going to read my post'. Sure, whatever. I'd ask you stop trying to police my posts. AEW's very management takes constant shots at WWE and is often relevant, so yes, people can talk about them. Something which often doesn't even happen at that.

TLDR. You're extremely uneducated in sports.

Edited by Infected Elite

7 hours ago, Rozalia1 said:

As I said though, he acknowledged that and said that it took a life of its own which has been a burden on him. As for having it rough, he wasn't lying when he said the part about not being tall enough, big enough, had the wrong tattoos, and all that. The story goes that Punk was so convinced that he was obviously going to be a failure in WWE that he got close to Heyman to learn about how shows are ran and things of that nature, believing that if he can't be a top wrestler then he can at least be in the business helping the shows happen. No getting around the part timer thing though yeah, and I attacked him on that myself back then.

This whole whining about not being tall enough is so outdated, a lazy excuse done by people who feel like they are held back by something, in an age where guys smaller than Punk were world champions. The guy acts like he is 1.70m or something, he is listed as 1.85m, that is not small, that is above average height in every single country in the world, even if you discount a few centimeters due to billing being scaled upwards the guy would still be above average in most countries. This isn't the 80s anymore, look at the roster today, no "Land of the giants" there, including the injured Braun Strowman they have 2 giant caliber wrestlers on the main shows today, look at the people who held the big belts in recent years, for every Braun Strowman is one or more the size of Kofi Kingston or AJ Styles, even the likes of Kevin Owens held the belt, and that guys physique is terrible on top of him being smaller than Punk. Even when Punk debuted in WWE, smaller guys than him already held world championships, including Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, and the smallest of small men, Rey Mysterio.

Okay, but traditionally heels are supposed to be disliked, not booed out of respect/fun but really the people love them. Just because many in the modern day don't get that doesn't mean it is now wrong. Many modern guys in AEW/Indies are out there killing themselves and hurting others for real and that doesn't mean that pro-wrestling is now that. It is still supposed to be a work and done as safely as possible. Those who understand what a heel is supposed to be are the types that change up their style in-ring to take shine off themselves and give it to the babyfaces. Nia is out there doing promos in her annoying way on purpose. You hate it? That is the point. They could book her as a cool heel if they wanted and setting her up to eat everyone alive on the mic, but that is not her role as a heel. As for the rest. There is no pattern of drops of Nia losing them viewers, and in fact when it comes to the crowd she actually puts some life into them as she can actually get a reaction. You can call it go away heat if you want, but even if that were the case, it beats no reaction which is what a lot of women get even in WWE (NXT is the only one where women top to bottom get a reaction).

Yeah, traditionally, like I said, that is no longer applicable in the same way. This whole face and heel concept is so ancient it can't be used the same way anymore, because when it was made, most people thought this sport was people fighting for real, so the more the crowd hated the heel, to the point of risking prison stabbing or throwing acid on a heel, the more inclined they'd be to buy a ticket to see the babyface beat the living crap out of the heel while the heel is getting barely any money for it. This is not really the case anymore these days, because almost all people are fully aware that no one is intentionally getting beaten up against their will by anyone, they just sell the moves and make money, so if you legit hate someone for real, let's say because you know he actually has a really atrocious personality backstage, then you will not be interested in watching them be successful and getting millions for it these days.

WWE isn't one of these mudshows where they hurt each other for real on purpose either, so someone having go away heat here is not going to be helpful, otherwise the company would bring in the likes of Alberto Del Rio in again, who'd likely get booed out of every arena for the whole domestic abuse and alcoholic thing, most WWE heels would have some truly despicable traits to get that massive go away heat easily, and try their best to keep playing that character even in real life like they used to, yet most of them are presented in a way that they have some redeeming qualities, and openly do charity or show endearing fan interactions on their official accounts, because just amsssing any kind of hate isn't doing it anymore nowadays, especially not if it is mostly aimed at the real person behind the character.

Nia could be booked every which way and she'd still have go away heat, because while people dislike her boring, repetetive promos, and even more boring matches, most of her heat comes from her real life traits, aka her being a dangerously sloppy in ring worker who hurt others FAR more often than acceptable, being a nepotism hire, being difficult to work with due to ego to the point that she has legit falling out moments in the ring with others, and being a known idiot since some of her past takes on thing became public.

I was someone who 10 years back was 'hating' on Punk. I heavily disliked him and his wife, who was even worse. They'd be championed as great in ring workers when they weren't actually any good. Punk has great psychology and likely would make a great trainer as he understands things well, but he physically cannot do it like he knows it should be done which is why he has always been sloppy. Someone else might change up their style to clean everything up, but Punk never cared to (he might when he returns due to his age forcing the matter). His wife didn't even have that and was simply terrible. I used to at least give her the fact that it wasn't wholly on her due to her being tiny, but when you look at Roxanne Perez and that excuse loses its lustre. On promos the situation was even worse. Punk can certainly talk, but in WWE he was out there burying people in shooty manners which guys had to largely just take and not shoot back. Gee, I wonder why Punk was destroying guys on the mic. AJ Lee again was even worse and buried the whole division in extremely ugly ways, that they were all bimbos and then you had the 'talent isn't sexually transmitted line which not only was heavily hypocritical, but that only served to give support to the very worst of the people on the internet attacking women's wrestling. Beyond all that you can throw in Punk being a known malcontent who was given so much but would never be happy. Company gave him an absolutely massive title reign? Gave him Heyman like I wanted? Wins over big stars? Well, they didn't replace face of the company John Cena with him. He didn't main event WrestleMania. The company screwed him, he and his insufferable fans would say.

Well to be fair to AJ Lee, pretty much the entire womens roster stank of skanks indeed, most of them were sucking dick behind the back to even get that good of a position, these days we get some details about what kind of man the then head of talent relations, John Laurinaitis, really was, most were models who were hired only for their looks and lack of morals required to make it big in modeling, go figure what they had to do in order to get good contracts from the degenerate before moving on to the bed of big stars like Cena, Bryan etc to secure their positions.

Women then had atrocious 2-3 minute matches, feeling fully out of their comfort zones without the underwear matches of times past, until the likes of Paige and others got called up you had maybe 1 or 2 other women aside from Lee on the main roster who could even remotely be considered wrestlers, even if they weren't close to great by todays standard. I fully agree that she wasn't that much to talk about either, she'd not get anywhere these days if she had just started out, the others were just a hell of a lot worse than her is all. Punk had no such excuse, the roster was full of people better in the ring than he was, looking better than he was, being less of a pain in the ass than he was, but like you said, he was never happy with anything, nor will he ever be, and that is why some people despise him, and hopefully more will soon if the guy is too dumb to understand that 3 injuries in his last what, 15 matches or so, is his body telling him that he should either seriously hit the gym or stop doing this job any longer.

Edited by Dauersack
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

TLDR. You're extremely uneducated in sports.

As predicted. Hitting me with the uneducated huh, nice, saving the 'you're poor' I take it. Well no need to bother responding with a further attack, I already know. As usual, while you'll be able to go on some screed on why Roman or whoever is the worst thing ever and deserves to die, you can't explain why I would be what you claim as you're just throwing out an attack for the sake of it.

Anyway, I'll be having this last word on this business between us here. As I said, you're extremely predictable and I already know your response so we're good. As before, please stop trying to police my comments. I've let you have your comments about Romans and others go, something which I see as extremely ugly, so let me comment as I please yeah? If you must however defend the honour of AEW though, then do try and have some courage about it though. Tell me that Moxley is a genius and the best wrestler in the world and stuff like that. Actually commit to the defence.

1 hour ago, Dauersack said:

This whole whining about not being tall enough is so outdated, a lazy excuse done by people who feel like they are held back by something, in an age where guys smaller than Punk were world champions. The guy acts like he is 1.70m or something, he is listed as 1.85m, that is not small, that is above average height in every single country in the world, even if you discount a few centimeters due to billing being scaled upwards the guy would still be above average in most countries. This isn't the 80s anymore, look at the roster today, no "Land of the giants" there, including the injured Braun Strowman they have 2 giant caliber wrestlers on the main shows today, look at the people who held the big belts in recent years, for every Braun Strowman is one or more the size of Kofi Kingston or AJ Styles, even the likes of Kevin Owens held the belt, and that guys physique is terrible on top of him being smaller than Punk. Even when Punk debuted in WWE, smaller guys than him already held world championships, including Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, and the smallest of small men, Rey Mysterio.

I agree. In the moment of the promo I found it odd as height is not an issue that I saw Punk as facing. I passed it off as him throwing it in to more relate to people or to better make his point. That said, as I was thinking about it now, it reminded me of that video of him training with the NXT guys. I believe he says something along the lines of him thinking in OVW that he wouldn't make it in WWE because OVW was filled with loads of huge guys. During that OVW period I can certainly see Punk as being on the lower end height wise, and unlike others at his size or slightly shorter, he wasn't either massively athletic (ala Ziggler) or built like a fridge (ala Cena).

Yeah, traditionally, like I said, that is no longer applicable in the same way. This whole face and heel concept is so ancient it can't be used the same way anymore, because when it was made, most people thought this sport was people fighting for real, so the more the crowd hated the heel, to the point of risking prison stabbing or throwing acid on a heel, the more inclined they'd be to buy a ticket to see the babyface beat the living crap out of the heel while the heel is getting barely any money for it. This is not really the case anymore these days, because almost all people are fully aware that no one is intentionally getting beaten up against their will by anyone, they just sell the moves and make money, so if you legit hate someone for real, let's say because you know he actually has a really atrocious personality backstage, then you will not be interested in watching them be successful and getting millions for it these days.

WWE isn't one of these mudshows where they hurt each other for real on purpose either, so someone having go away heat here is not going to be helpful, otherwise the company would bring in the likes of Alberto Del Rio in again, who'd likely get booed out of every arena for the whole domestic abuse and alcoholic thing, most WWE heels would have some truly despicable traits to get that massive go away heat easily, and try their best to keep playing that character even in real life like they used to, yet most of them are presented in a way that they have some redeeming qualities, and openly do charity or show endearing fan interactions on their official accounts, because just amsssing any kind of hate isn't doing it anymore nowadays, especially not if it is mostly aimed at the real person behind the character.

Nia could be booked every which way and she'd still have go away heat, because while people dislike her boring, repetetive promos, and even more boring matches, most of her heat comes from her real life traits, aka her being a dangerously sloppy in ring worker who hurt others FAR more often than acceptable, being a nepotism hire, being difficult to work with due to ego to the point that she has legit falling out moments in the ring with others, and being a known idiot since some of her past takes on thing became public.

Okay, but doesn't that itself help others get over off her? Even the likes of Lana got reactions based off her getting victories against Nia like Lana winning the Survivor Series match (though logically Nia was completely correct in that instance) and Lana winning the tables match. Nia having 'go away heat' means that people don't want her to win and will be happy if she loses. They'll also boo if she literally squashes her opponent with her new finisher, which on its first usage injured Rhea meaning that many who see it coming now think 'oh no'. Reactions are heavily important. What is happening can absolutely suck, but if the crowd reacts then it lifts it up. Likewise you can have the best match in the world happening and it'll get hurt if the crowd is asleep.

Well to be fair to AJ Lee, pretty much the entire womens roster stank of skanks indeed, most of them were sucking dick behind the back to even get that good of a position, these days we get some details about what kind of man the then head of talent relations, John Laurinaitis, really was, most were models who were hired only for their looks and lack of morals required to make it big in modeling, go figure what they had to do in order to get good contracts from the degenerate before moving on to the bed of big stars like Cena, Bryan etc to secure their positions.

Women then had atrocious 2-3 minute matches, feeling fully out of their comfort zones without the underwear matches of times past, until the likes of Paige and others got called up you had maybe 1 or 2 other women aside from Lee on the main roster who could even remotely be considered wrestlers, even if they weren't close to great by todays standard. I fully agree that she wasn't that much to talk about either, she'd not get anywhere these days if she had just started out, the others were just a hell of a lot worse than her is all. Punk had no such excuse, the roster was full of people better in the ring than he was, looking better than he was, being less of a pain in the ass than he was, but like you said, he was never happy with anything, nor will he ever be, and that is why some people despise him, and hopefully more will soon if the guy is too dumb to understand that 3 injuries in his last what, 15 matches or so, is his body telling him that he should either seriously hit the gym or stop doing this job any longer.

Many were models and barely trained yes, but regardless you simply shouldn't bury people like that. People were getting told that these women were trash, should be fired, and you shouldn't give them any support. What benefit is there in that? Women like Naomi who while sloppy at the time, but had clear potential due to how athletic she was, was getting buried alongside all those other women. Alicia Fox was getting buried by this sort of stuff when she had the best Northern Lights Suplex in the business and could do the crazy woman gimmick better than AJ Lee or Paige could. Nikki Bella was one of the women who took the brunt of it when she actually put the work in and became a better wrester than AJ Lee or Paige were. The only woman spared was Tamina of all people, likely due to her position as AJ's bodyguard and the fact she was a bigger woman (I imagine her being massively beloved by the woman's roster wasn't a thing at the time).

The Cena/Bryan stuff was ugly and I completely disagree with it. Brie certainly only got her match at SummerSlam that even had HHH taking a bump for her because of her relation to Bryan, but it served as part of the long Bryan vs The Authority story. Beyond that she was a flunky for her sister who ate pins. Nikki meanwhile became champion... and it was completely deserved. She improved heavily and was essentially an early Mandy Rose as she integrated power moves you rarely saw women do at the time into her moveset. She had better matches with both AJ and Paige than those women had with each other, which was the big dream match at the time that underdelivered massively (I wasn't surprised). Then at WrestleMania, in AJ's last match, the Bellas did the job against AJ/Paige, in a match which was largely wrestled by Paige. In regards to promos AJ Lee was basically allowed to tear the Bellas apart who'd just have to stand there and take it. That was really all that Cena's influence, the face of WWE, could get her?

Meanwhile with AJ... I'm not in the business of doing these comments that women were sleeping with management for their position, but I never got how people who made such comments never thought of AJ as being such a woman. She was with Punk, someone I'd peg as being more likely to use his influence to help someone than a Cena would be (look at how much Punk helped his mentor Steel in AEW), and enjoyed loads of screen time. On her own as GM, being paired up with numerous popular talent, and then as champion being by far the most featured woman with plenty of promo time. Said champion run had her going on a massive run where she got to bury the entire division at will. When Punk took his ball and went home people predicted that she'd get buried for it and... nope, infamously petty at the time WWE took no issue and even had her win her last match before she left. All of this while being minute in the land of giants that you'd expect would have seen her as too small.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

Like Cody said, punk said all this ROH/NJPW promo stuff... but left. Cody left, did all that, reinvented himself. Helped start a wrestling revolution, and love or hate AEW, it is another option for stars and money/jobs for talent. So Cody did a lot. Now back to end Roman. But yeah last year should have been Codys moment. I noticed though, Mania X, XX, XXX had dominant title reigns ended. 40 should be no different imo.

Becky vs Rhea has been the plan for awhile BUT Rhea is still so popular/hot i cant see her dropping it at Mania 40. I think Summerslam to someone maybe. 

Either way Rhea vs Becky will cool.  Never thought about dominant title reigns all ending at every 10 wrestlemanias so far that'd be interesting if that streak keeps going.

17 hours ago, Dauersack said:

I can give you my reasons.

1. He pretends to be the best, to be a tough guy, and for many years he got paid a handsome amount of money with his spot, yet he never even bothered to try and look the part at least. His ugly tats are one thing, and I don't care about him not dressing well or not either, it is the physical state he is in. If you get paid many millions to act like you are a tough guy who can square up to giants, at least you can look the part to some extend, bulk up or get really damn fit, he doesn't bother to do either. Just look at the change between Walter and Gunther, the man went to the big leagues and got himself into great shape compared to the chubby brawler look he had as Walter while working the indies or developmental deals, hell look at the shape Orton and AJ Styles were returning in compared to Punk.

2. He is entitled. He thinks he should have gotten a Wrestlemania main event when he was never really THE top guy, always overshadowed by bigger stars. He complained, actually complained, about getting to wrestle the legendary Undertaker in a Wrestlemania match, or a legend like Triple H, or Brock Lesnar, most others would kill for either match on a big PPV with these legends, Punk meanwhile, who hasn't accomplished half of what these men have and never will, deemed it beneath him. He does not stop talking about his little Wrestlemania main event obsession either, and he is nowhere near as good as he thinks he is if you ask me, especially not these days.

3. He is a primadonna. I think you will have a hard time finding something Punk hasn't whined about incessantly, all companies he ever worked for, fans, internet communities, colleagues, bosses, part timers taking his spotlight, it has no end with the guy, he is causing incidents with his attitude wherever he goes. In my opinion, if every single place you go to has people who have a big problem with you, then the problem gotta be your attitude or your actions to a significant extend.

4. He is a hypocrite. One of the things he complained about A LOT was that some part timing guys just came in and took a spot he thought he deserved more as a full timer, and look at what he tried to do here, coming back to the company he badmouthed and downright slandered for almost a decade, after he was kicked out of the door by the competition and tanked his market value by getting eaten alive in MMA.

He just walks in and gets to steal the attention at Survivor Series when the guys just put on a great performance, then he gets to be the runner up in the Royal Rumble over someone like Gunther, and he definitely would have faced Rollins for the world title at Wrestlemania if his old body hadn't decided that it is no longer in wrestling shape, a spot that he did not deserve over full time wrestlers who busted their asses for years while he sat at home or failed at MMA. He isn't close to being half the star The Rock was, not in wrestling and certainly not in cinema, and unlike The Rock he parted in a bad way, yet he tried to do the same thing he complained about when The Rock and others did it.

I would also call that part of his gimmick that he says he's the best in the world.  Gunther did so well for sure to get in the shape he is now and AJ and Randy both bulked up like crazy when they came back too.  I can't blame him being frustrated for some of those booking decisions from 2013 that his year long title run gets ended so we can have a bad rematch for the title between Rock and Cena at Wrestlemania 29.  Punk and Taker should have closed out that show as that was the best match of that show.  He does cause incidents wherever he goes but again the elite seem to also have that problem as well.

11 hours ago, Rozalia1 said:

It was certainly a bloated roster at the time, something which AEW fans would state, and then take no issue with AEW getting bigger and bigger as it filled up with guys who'd barely be on the show. The 'game changers' they brought in from the indies and WWE have been quite the poison pill to the company. Meanwhile at WWE they replaced stocking NXT with largely small, broken down, indy minded goofs; with largely athletes that they're building from scratch. Bron Breakker, Tiffany Stratton, so forth. The talent development system of WWE is now back to the top level, and on top of that no longer has Vince and his cronies at the top who'd sabotage guys on a whim. The best case example when it comes to developing between the two is Dominik and Hook. They were out there saying that Dominik was never going to be anybody and Hook was going to be a star. Since then Dominik has become one of the top heels in the business, is #2 in matches wrestled only behind Cody, and has been improving on every aspect of his game. Hook meanwhile is exactly where he was before. Has barely wrestled, hasn't gotten better, and still can't cut a promo. Of course, to many AEW fans what I've just said is 'hating'. Everything is great. Toxic positivity basically. Have you ever seen them defending the ratings for example? Every week there is an excuse. They're always great ratings considering X. They're just like Khan who constantly says they're doing great and doing better than ever. Rather than firing dozens and dozens of guys who have no business being in the company, he instead will slot them in here and there on his shows and then have them disappear for X months. Then shockingly their ratings collapse as people get tired of seeing no-name jobbers constantly on the show. AEW fans? Cards are STACKED! Show full of BANGERS! DREAM MATCHES! You look at what they're saying and it makes you wonder if these can be real people because it is like they exist in another reality.

That is the background for me and others who have disliked Punk for a long time. When it comes to those you see today, none of the above applies as they supported Punk in all of that. What hurt them is the fact that Punk, who for being a 'Punk' is in fact actually traditional when it comes to wrestling, essentially told them that their heroes Kenny, Bucks, other Indy goofs; were nobodies who didn't know what they were doing. Their Indy wrestling sucked and isn't how it is supposed to be done. In their minds Punk has always been grouped with those guys and Punk just broke their fantasy, essentially spat in their faces and told them they were idiots. To me that was why when Punk came in Cody seemed clearly trepidatious while the Bucks were over the moon. The Bucks like their fans thought they were the same as Punk, while Cody knew better and knew that Punk would absolutely hate the Bucks. When it comes to what the Bucks/Hangman/Perry did, AEW fans refuse to see it as they've attacked WWE on being scripted so heavily that they don't understand that you actually shouldn't be out there shooting when the other guy doesn't know what you content is going to be. Punk legitimately was baffled out there with Hangman's promo. Punk is being set up to be the top face champion of the company and Hangman starts going on about him being a cancer, using influence to get a guy fired, and whatever else? That is where the whole 'empty headed' and 'going into business for himself' comments about Hangman comes from. As for Perry, he called out a main eventer trying to make him look bad that he wasn't going to be working with, and you're not supposed to do that (unless given permission) hence why Punk took issue. I recall a story Cornette told about himself when he was starting out which was like this, as he was out there cutting heel promos on the respected play by play announcer the show he was on had. The booker called Cornette over and asked him if he was going to be working any matches with the announcer. Obviously not. Asked him what benefit there was in burying his lead announcer? None. Cornette realised his mistake and stopped doing what he was doing. If AEW was a well ran company someone in management would have seen that, smartened Perry up, and then had Perry apologise to Punk that he was angry and doesn't know better due to being so young and inexperienced. Instead management likely thought it was great stuff, and perhaps if someone tried to tell Perry it was wrong they'd have been brushed off as 'out of touch' dinosaurs.

As for Cody, what a blunder that was. Reportedly Cody asked to be paid what Punk was being paid and money mark Khan who gives everybody huge amounts said no. Cody goes to WWE and instantly becomes the top face, something which shocked all of them. AEW's audience thinks that they're 'smart', so they reject a face like Cody because only 'marks' would cheer for pure babyfaces. Nah, the cool smart fans cheer heels like Swerve who has literally hanged someone on the show and threatened a baby. They cheer guys like that idiot Moxley who takes young babyfaces out of the ring, makes them bleed, and piledrives them on the floor. Tony Khan is of course an idiot who agrees with those fans, but even if he wasn't he is too gutless to do anything anyway. The problem those people always had with WWE was no matter what they did to mess up shows, the WWE never gave in to them.

I forgot about that AJ Lee promo now until you mentioned it again lol I can see why that was hated even though it was one of those promos that was a punch line.  I like that you mentioned Jim Cornette too as he's someone too who's been very vocal against the elite for that whole situation and even they hate Jim and make stuff up about him before such as him dm ing them on twitter even though Jim didn't know how to do that at the time. It's concerning that Punk has gotten hurt a few times since his return to wrestling for sure.  I'm still baffled that Cody let himself get booked the way he did in AEW and baffles me they wouldn't root for him.  The concern with Tony Khan is he doesn't seem to have the guts to keep the wrestlers and their conflicts in line much at all.  The elite forced two people out that are some of the top people now in their biggest rival's promotion.  The Perry situation as you mentioned would have been a very easy resolution and instead turned into something way bigger than it should have.  Heels like Dominik are so necessary not only is he working tons of matches but the angle he's got has some real heat and as a heel that's all you can ask for.  I can definitely agree too that it's a new excuse every week for AEW ratings are struggling on dynamite and what not.  They had something really good going there too early on as well.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, JeffGordon2 said:

Either way Rhea vs Becky will cool.  Never thought about dominant title reigns all ending at every 10 wrestlemanias so far that'd be interesting if that streak keeps going.

It'll keep going. Everyone is sick of Roman,

26 minutes ago, JeffGordon2 said:

I forgot about. It's concerning that Punk has gotten hurt a few times since his return to wrestling for sure.  I'm still baffled that Cody let himself get booked the way he did in AEW and baffles me they wouldn't root for him.  The concern with Tony Khan is he doesn't seem to have the guts to keep the wrestlers and their conflicts in line much at all.  The elite forced two people out that are some of the top people now in their biggest rival's promotion.  The Perry situation as you mentioned would have been a very easy resolution and instead turned into something way bigger than it should have.  

Punk getting hurt is funny. Also Jack Perry is still under contract with AEW. its called an angle. But he should be fired imo. Plus AEW has signed 2 top stars in Ospreay and Okada, and another whiny bitch in Mone.

Plus with any company, you can't push everybody. He does at least try to showcase everybody. Only thing I'd change is get the title off Joe and get it on Swerve, to lose to Ospreay at Wembley. Who then can lose at Full Gear to Switchblad Jay White.

@Rozalia1 nah. you just ramble too much. WWE sure is a great company right? they had a sex trafficking boss. But that's okay, WWE has been amazing forever right? smh

Edited by Infected Elite

22 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

Plus AEW has signed 2 top stars in Ospreay and Okada, and another whiny bitch in Mone.

Has it been confirmed now with Okada? I'm all for him going to AEW and still having a working relationship in Japan. While career wise, I'm sure WWE would be far better for a bit more global exposure, I'd worry they would fuck him up too much and he ends up lingering like Nakamura. I guess though with Vince gone theres a better chance of Okada being shown off as a star, but I'd still worry he'd end up in obscurity. Giulia though, I wouldn't mind seeing her sign with WWE. I quite like watching the women from the Japanese promotions in WWE and feel they get highlighted quite well for the most part. Except for that one in NXT but I didn't watch enough to see what was going on with her and if she's even still with the company.

Edit: Sarray I think?

Edited by RoastedPeanut

41 minutes ago, RoastedPeanut said:

Has it been confirmed now with Okada? I'm all for him going to AEW and still having a working relationship in Japan. While career wise, I'm sure WWE would be far better for a bit more global exposure, I'd worry they would fuck him up too much and he ends up lingering like Nakamura. I guess though with Vince gone theres a better chance of Okada being shown off as a star, but I'd still worry he'd end up in obscurity. Giulia though, I wouldn't mind seeing her sign with WWE. I quite like watching the women from the Japanese promotions in WWE and feel they get highlighted quite well for the most part. Except for that one in NXT but I didn't watch enough to see what was going on with her and if she's even still with the company.

Not confirmed but Okada is close with Bucks who took him under their wing during his excursion. Omega and Ospreay are also good friends with him, and he went to a show to see how the tapings work and he was said to have had a good experience. 

Guilia just better be allowed to be Guilia and not some standard foreigner WWE still does. 

Mariah May i wish wasn't stuck with Storm but whatever. Storms gimmick is weird, and Mariah May is one of the top female talents in the world along with Purazzo. 

Sarrat left WWE and returned to japan in May 2023. Shes trying to come back to american promotions. But she signed a multi year deal with Sukeban which is a new startup. 

I don't blame you for not watching NXT. Its not that good. Idiots like Chase U, the Noam Dar group, Scrypts. All trash.

Edited by Infected Elite
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, JeffGordon2 said:

I forgot about that AJ Lee promo now until you mentioned it again lol I can see why that was hated even though it was one of those promos that was a punch line.  I like that you mentioned Jim Cornette too as he's someone too who's been very vocal against the elite for that whole situation and even they hate Jim and make stuff up about him before such as him dm ing them on twitter even though Jim didn't know how to do that at the time. It's concerning that Punk has gotten hurt a few times since his return to wrestling for sure.  I'm still baffled that Cody let himself get booked the way he did in AEW and baffles me they wouldn't root for him.  The concern with Tony Khan is he doesn't seem to have the guts to keep the wrestlers and their conflicts in line much at all.  The elite forced two people out that are some of the top people now in their biggest rival's promotion.  The Perry situation as you mentioned would have been a very easy resolution and instead turned into something way bigger than it should have.  Heels like Dominik are so necessary not only is he working tons of matches but the angle he's got has some real heat and as a heel that's all you can ask for.  I can definitely agree too that it's a new excuse every week for AEW ratings are struggling on dynamite and what not.  They had something really good going there too early on as well.

I concur. Felt really bad for Cody in AEW. Out of the EVPs he was the only one who actually did the job. Did media, was a leader, kept order, supported younger talent, wanted to have a professional product. In ring he went to the point of literally setting himself on fire for the AEW fans to get them to have the basic decency to not boo him for their own amusement and it didn't matter. Naturally as those sort of people say about babyfaces constantly, they wanted him to turn heel and become a Young Buck style goof. Today Cody is the top babyface in WWE and some have started to think that he'll be HHH's successor. Now imagine if he became a heel like those 'smart' people thought he should have. Said 'smart' people is why there is the meme of 'they'll be booing him any day now', because the 'smart' people got it into their head that if they hate babyface Cody then everyone will.

They're in deep. AEW is 'theirs'. If AEW fails then it means Vince/HHH/Cornette/Satan were correct all along. So they'll defend everything no matter how rotten, even if we'd have never heard the end of it if it was WWE TV. Beyond that many of them outright reject any attempt to make new fans. They state that there are no casual fans, appealing to them by 'being like WWE' won't work. Only appeal to the fans you already have, them. Then they wonder what is going wrong as their attendance and ratings keep slipping. The current excuse is that the guy in charge of booking venues was heavily incompetent and the main reason for the low attendance. Naturally venues have been booked going forward some nebulous amount of months, so they'll be running with that excuse perhaps even as long as the next 3 months.

31 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

@Rozalia1 nah. you just ramble too much. WWE sure is a great company right? they had a sex trafficking boss. But that's okay, WWE has been amazing forever right? smh

That is the old classic where you make out that someone is a bad person for watching WWE due to Vince... but you're not supposed to watch WWE yourself if you make that attack. Got to work smart mate. Well, whatever. Stop trying to police people please. It is clear enough that you even agree with what people have said considering you refuse to directly defend AEW on the comments made.

Literally stated on this page that I was jaded due to WWE being so terrible prior to AEW's formation. Stated that guys would get ruined on the whim of Vince and his cronies. Fans of other companies don't act like AEW ones mate. We have no issue taking the company to task. If AEW fans were capable of doing the same then maybe they might not be in their current state.

10 minutes ago, RoastedPeanut said:

No, none of that has been confirmed. Some dirtsheets have now just become convinced he is AEW bound because Okada is friends with the Young Bucks, ignoring that you know, he has a far bigger friend in Nakamura in WWE.

Sarray yes. She came in right before NXT got remade into 2.0 so that pushed back her being on the show. Once 2.0 got her, and 2.0 went hard on the gimmicks for everybody, they gave her the fabled magical schoolgirl gimmick people always go on about. She is a nerdy schoolgirl as she is making her entrance backstage, walks through the smoke, and comes out a superstar, the Warrior of the Sun, through the power of her grandmother's amulet. Her direction on the show clearly seemed to be leading to her being a part of Chase U as a 'transfer student', but she then left the company. Unknown precisely what her issues were to leave WWE as she was diplomatic about it (smart). Some think it was purely creative and that she simply didn't like her gimmick, but another factor could be that as NXT 2.0 had just started, it meant that she was having to work with extremely green talent and at times doing jobs to them, which gets to some people.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Infected Elite said:

It'll keep going. Everyone is sick of Roman,

Punk getting hurt is funny. Also Jack Perry is still under contract with AEW. its called an angle. But he should be fired imo. Plus AEW has signed 2 top stars in Ospreay and Okada, and another whiny bitch in Mone.

Plus with any company, you can't push everybody. He does at least try to showcase everybody. Only thing I'd change is get the title off Joe and get it on Swerve, to lose to Ospreay at Wembley. Who then can lose at Full Gear to Switchblad Jay White.

I hope so I like Roman as a performer and as a heel especially but Cody needs to finish his story and have his epilogue of that story being WWE Champion for a while.  I personally don't find it funny to hope for or see wrestlers get injured though no matter who it is.  There is some crazy instances though that live on in infamy such as Kevin Nash's quad tear by walking and Vince doing the same at the 2005 Royal Rumble like how is that possible even?  That is true you can't push everybody all at once and they've got a lot of talent all around even outside of singles matches.  I was so stoked sting was able to come back and wrestle at all with Darby for example in those tag matches and such.  I love MJF a lot and I'm very curious what he's going to do next since he dropped the belt to Joe which is cool he at least is champion in a top promotion since he wasn't booked well in WWE at all.  It would be interesting if they book that with Joe and Swerve to do that match at Wembley then in turn that match at Full Gear.

2 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

I concur. Felt really bad for Cody in AEW. Out of the EVPs he was the only one who actually did the job. Did media, was a leader, kept order, supported younger talent, wanted to have a professional product. In ring he went to the point of literally setting himself on fire for the AEW fans to get them to have the basic decency to not boo him for their own amusement and it didn't matter. Naturally as those sort of people say about babyfaces constantly, they wanted him to turn heel and become a Young Buck style goof. Today Cody is the top babyface in WWE and some have started to think that he'll be HHH's successor. Now imagine if he became a heel like those 'smart' people thought he should have. Said 'smart' people is why there is the meme of 'they'll be booing him any day now', because the 'smart' people got it into their head that if they hate babyface Cody then everyone will.

They're in deep. AEW is 'theirs'. If AEW fails then it means Vince/HHH/Cornette/Satan were correct all along. So they'll defend everything no matter how rotten, even if we'd have never heard the end of it if it was WWE TV. Beyond that many of them outright reject any attempt to make new fans. They state that there are no casual fans, appealing to them by 'being like WWE' won't work. Only appeal to the fans you already have, them. Then they wonder what is going wrong as their attendance and ratings keep slipping. The current excuse is that the guy in charge of booking venues was heavily incompetent and the main reason for the low attendance. Naturally venues have been booked going forward some nebulous amount of months, so they'll be running with that excuse perhaps even as long as the next 3 months.

Me too as I always felt Cody in his initial WWE run didn't get what he deserved booking wise at all and AEW looked like that was going to be the answer then it was disappointing too and I could totally see him being the successor to HHH one day.  I don't see why he'd ever leave WWE since they've got him in the best positoon he's ever had.  There definitely is a weird group of fans that I don't get with AEW with where they think whatever gets over will get over and nothing else they always seem to have to be right.  If AEW could appeal to the casual wrestling fan because that group of people very much exists even though AEW doesn't seem to think so.  They could do really well I think even still and the other common gripe I've heard is that one week someone gets buried and then next week they're pushed to the moon also ties into the incompetent booking point you mentioned.

• Like 1