The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

i popped a bit for Cargill..Still not a fan of hers. But ill take her over Bianca any day. Cargill vs Bianca is happening at Mania.

1 hour ago, LukeTheGooner said:

is the mens straight after the ladies?

its last match.

how the fuck can anybody like Roman, when its been the same shit with all his matches? Solo/Bloodline interfere.

His title reign isn't impressive when he hasn't won many matches clean.

Edited by Infected Elite
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

i popped a bit for Cargill..Still not a fan of hers. But ill take her over Bianca any day. Cargill vs Bianca is happening at Mania.

its last match.

how the fuck can anybody like Roman, when its been the same shit with all his matches? Solo/Bloodline interfere.

His title reign isn't impressive when he hasn't won many matches clean.

Dude its like every Roman match all that's on my mind is "okay, how long until Solo turns up?". His title defences are stale as shit now and I really hope they don't drag this shit out until the Netflix deal kicks in.

Oh and last minute prediction for the rumble...come on Gunther!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoastedPeanut said:

Dude its like every Roman match all that's on my mind is "okay, how long until Solo turns up?". His title defences are stale as shit now and I really hope they don't drag this shit out until the Netflix deal kicks in.

Oh and last minute prediction for the rumble...come on Gunther!

FINISH THE STORY!

70 Days Roman. All Rhodes go through Reigns! 

• Like 1

Vince ain’t living close to 100.  He’s taken as many drugs as his stars over the years in bulking up.  That shit takes a toll on your heart/health (see all the wrestlers’ early deaths) and I’m sure he was doing stuff recreationally too.  Likely during many of those predatory sessions.

As for the Royal Rumble, pretty standard stuff but largely acceptable.  I still hate seeing obvious spots missed and then stars looking silly by climbing/jumping over the top rope by themselves when the move didn’t work because it was in the script.  Improvise a little lol instead of making it look fake.  

I think I preferred the old Rumbles when no Wrestlemania title shot was on the line.  It added a lot more suspense.  Rhodes was a near lock to win tonight and he is obviously beating Reigns at Wrestlemania.

1 minute ago, Infected Elite said:

one thing I wish stopped in rumbles, comedy spots. I cant stand them.

I don’t watch wrestling regularly (I find it lacking these days) but the R-Truth spots are hilarious.  Esp. the tag one tonight with Dominick.  Helped what was a jobber rumble up to that point immensely.  

13 minutes ago, djb5f said:

I don’t watch wrestling regularly (I find it lacking these days) but the R-Truth spots are hilarious.  Esp. the tag one tonight with Dominick.  Helped what was a jobber rumble up to that point immensely.  

depends, but he had 2 spots tonight. Jobber wise yeah, because it was the second most predictable rumble ever. Last year was suoer obvious. This year was 90% gonna be Rhodes but maybe just maybe that second cancer Punk would win. 

I think ever since 2001 the rumble winner has been normally promoted on tv heavily. The only shock being Cena because he was expected to be out 9 months or so but was out for 3.

Just give me Cody beating Roman and ill be happy. That's all i want.

• Like 1

Pretty average Rumble but it was nice to see Cody win. Hopefully he finally dethrones that chump at Wrestlemania this time and the whole bloodline story implodes.

Seeing Naomi back, and for so damn long, was just painful. It was nice to see Jade finally in the ring and I'm looking forward to seeing her wipe the floor with Bianca or going after Rhea. I do like Liv, but it was a little underwhelming seeing her come in at 30, but the same can be said about Sami in the men's match. Sick to death of R Truth though. The comedy spots are fucking lame. I really like Pat but my god what a waste of an entry.

I actually didn't mind the US title match. I'm a big KO fan so I'm glad he wasn't pinned, but at the same time I didn't want to see Logan drop the title in his first defence. Let them go at it again at Mania and not make it a fatal four way!

• Like 3

They did the best they could with the Fatal Four Way, with both of the faces about to win (on Roman at that) if not for AJ happening to fall on the pin in one case and interference on the other. Roman I also don't recall ever looking this weak in a match during this reign.

Jade debuted at last and they did the logical stuff they needed to with her which was overpowering Jax. Eliminating Becky on top of that was sweet too. Considering how Damage Control has been the main story on Smackdown when Roman isn't around (often), it does make sense to have Bayley win so the woman's match at Mania means more. 

While rumbles can be worked good and bad, the special ones are the ones where you care to the point that you're literally going 'come on X', which for me was for Cody obviously. There was a real chance that Punk might win which was something that I didn't want. Was nice to see Punk heel it up and then get humbled. I liked him saying that he didn't wait 10 years to lose to Dusty's kid, as previously on Raw he had said that he saw Cody as his own person and not as Dusty's kid like everyone else. I wonder if he'll attack Cody on Raw also to be further hypocritical on his 'I can separate business from personal'.

3 hours ago, LukeTheGooner said:

is the mens straight after the ladies?

When it comes to these big matches that both men and women get, one will always be at the start and the other at the end of the show. Make the most sense.

11 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Vince ain’t living close to 100.  He’s taken as many drugs as his stars over the years in bulking up.  That shit takes a toll on your heart/health (see all the wrestlers’ early deaths) and I’m sure he was doing stuff recreationally too.  Likely during many of those predatory sessions.

As for the Royal Rumble, pretty standard stuff but largely acceptable.  I still hate seeing obvious spots missed and then stars looking silly by climbing/jumping over the top rope by themselves when the move didn’t work because it was in the script.  Improvise a little lol instead of making it look fake.  

I think I preferred the old Rumbles when no Wrestlemania title shot was on the line.  It added a lot more suspense.  Rhodes was a near lock to win tonight and he is obviously beating Reigns at Wrestlemania.

True. At the same those rich old guys who live extremely long have the means to go through organ transplants after organ transplants.

There was doubt to the rumble as Punk could have totally won. Stuff like Gunther winning was clear misdirection, but Punk winning had a real chance which thankfully didn't occur. At the end of the day I don't think there is anything wrong with the predictable if it makes sense and is the best option. Roman beating Cody again at Mania certainly would be surprising for example, but it wouldn't be good.

9 minutes ago, djb5f said:

WWE is extremely hot right now and the booking has heavily improved. If you ever consider getting back into watching more regularly then now is certainly a good time. Though the main attraction on the weekly shows is obviously the promos. The ring work is largely the usual safe stuff obviously. There is another wrestling show if you like guys risking Paralysis for little reaction.

2 minutes ago, RoastedPeanut said:

Pretty average Rumble but it was nice to see Cody win. Hopefully he finally dethrones that chump at Wrestlemania this time and the whole bloodline story implodes.

Seeing Naomi back, and for so damn long, was just painful. It was nice to see Jade finally in the ring and I'm looking forward to seeing her wipe the floor with Bianca or going after Rhea. I do like Liv, but it was a little underwhelming seeing her come in at 30, but the same can be said about Sami in the men's match. Sick to death of R Truth though. The comedy spots are fucking lame. I really like Pat but my god what a waste of an entry.

I actually didn't mind the US title match. I'm a big KO fan so I'm glad he wasn't pinned, but at the same time I didn't want to see Logan drop the title in his first defence. Let them go at it again at Mania and not make it a fatal four way!

I felt the same, except for the R Truth bit as I can't hate it. Helps that the man has been around and had the gimmick forever. As for the wasted spot. Lesnar was apparently supposed to be in the rumble so maybe that was. Him being out may have helped Bron out a bit as he seemed to get that Lesnar like role of guy who gets in and starts wrecking people.

@Rozalia1 quit hating on other companies. They all do their thing dude. I like wrestling. idgaf whos show, whos on, what the pros and cons are. I like the entertainment. If one wrestler could get paralyzed that id enjoy and absolutely laugh at, it would be Roman. Him in a wheelchair would bring a tear of joy to my eyes.

Edited by Infected Elite

No legends in either Rumble, biggest guys eliminated without a team effort spot, plenty of "who that" candidates, senseless winners, shitty same old Reigns title defense for the 30th time or so, you know things are bad when a novice like Logan Paul has the best and most creative match of the night. Also I just knew that at least one record would be broken the moment they showed the performance timers for how long each one was in the ring, way to be subtle WWE.

Womens rumble was meh, no legends (could have had 1-2 at least), announcers mocking Valhalla who we were supposed to take seriously as a heel once, doing a big disservice to the talented performer that is behind this mockery of nordic culture, a lot of comedy (some of which was admittedly kinda funny but still), and a redundant winner. Bayley was headed towards a Damage Control breakup in any case, there was absolutely no need for her to win the Rumble for that, though I can't deny that she is a deserving performer at least, even if I am of the opinion that giving the win to someone fresh would have been better, at least it is not Nia, Liv or Bianca. Not many stories going on in it either, hell the crowd was basically dead for a third of the entrants, because no one cares, no one was given much reason to care about many of these women.

Fatal 4 way was overdone Roman Reigns dogshit formula 101, and it got old over a year ago. At least occasionally Reigns would have passable matches despite this lazy formula being way overused, this here was not one of them, partially because there wasn't any doubt whatsoever about the outcome and Fatal 4 Way matches are rarely super good, way too much going on and it gets too chaotic. WWE does not seem to get that even a cowardly heel like Reigns needs to win legit, or via luck, occasionally instead of pretty much always just relying on the goons for the big fights, even someone like JBL who, unlike Reigns, was actually presented as a coward during most of his reign, was appearing competent in matches and beat the likes of Undertaker and Big Show clean or by getting really lucky at times to keep things somewhat fresh, sure he had goons help too, but not always, it wasn't his only go to. It took me a lot longer to hate this version of Reigns than most, but by now I just want him gone badly from the title picture, though I kinda feel like they will keep him for a few more years to break more records with a worthless title reign that has so few title defenses that its just laughable at this point to compare it to the title reign of Hulk Hogan that went on for a similar time.

Logan Paul vs Kevin Owens was surprisingly good. As much as I hate the real life guy Logan Paul for being a complete c*nt, which he is, I can differentiate between the real person and the performer, and as a performer he is way better than he has any right to be at this stage of his career, both for athletic moves as well as selling and in ring psychology. The match came together pretty well, and the finish was great, THAT is how you let a heel win by cheating every once in a while, it didn't make Kevin Owens come off as incompetent, he just miscalculated and got caught when he turned the tables on Logen Paul, it did what it was supposed to do for both and protected both.

The mens Royal Rumble was, for most of it, better than the womens. There were so many stories unfolding in the Rumble, so many rivalries coming into play, same comedy shit but I admit Pat and Truth got a few chuckles out of me, even though I normally dislike that kind of shit in big matches. No legends returning here either, no I won't count Punk because A I do not view him as a legend, and B he returned quite a while ago and already wrestled on house shows. What boils my piss is the winner, I would have been happy with Gunther, alright with Drew, half a dozen others I wouldn't have minded much, even an outside bet victory by someone like Bronson or Bron would have been ok for me, but alas the last two guys in the ring were the two I really didn't want to see win, Rhodes and Punk.

Now if it had to be between the two, I would have chosen Rhodes, hate it, but still better than Punk winning, which would have been the worst case scenario to me. Guess we are now settling into a Road To Wrestlemania trash copy from last year, same guys with the exact same gimmicks, same titles, same promos, same premise, big milestone Wrestlemania with a lazily reheated program, how exciting, Netflix must be ecstatic about that, but it could have been worse, just imagine Rock vs Reigns or Punk vs Reigns...

4 hours ago, djb5f said:

One of the oldest celebrity kind of guys from my country, Johannes Heesters, lived all the way up to 108 years of age before he died, despite being legendary for being a chain smoker for most of his very long life. Lifestyle choices may impact your living expectations, but they don't have to, I have a heavy alcoholic in my extended family who is 86 by now, people speculated on him dying since my childhood, but here he is still going strong, outliving all the healthy lifestyle people, and thats without being a rich guy who can casually buy new organs whenever he wants to. Not that I wish on Vince getting this old, I would celebrate if someone skinned him tonight, but reality is that the worst lowlifes often get to live the longest, see recent lowlifes like Henry Kissinger, who thankfully passed by now, painfully I hope, getting to live to age 100.

4 hours ago, djb5f said:

Rhodes was a near lock to win tonight and he is obviously beating Reigns at Wrestlemania.

People thought the exact same thing a year ago, myself included, ain't no way Reigns wins this one, and then he did it anyway. With Vince finally gone for good, perhaps this year will be different, but there is still a chance that they make Rhodes lose two years in a row, dumber decisions have been made in the past after all.

3 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

@Rozalia1 quit hating on other companies. They all do their thing dude. I like wrestling. idgaf whos show, whos on, what the pros and cons are. I like the entertainment. If one wrestler could get paralyzed that id enjoy and absolutely laugh at, it would be Roman. Him in a wheelchair would bring a tear of joy to my eyes.

Thats a bit harsh. The guy sucks to watch currently sure, but he is not unsalvageable, he's had good matches in the past, I just want him gone from the title picture with his current gimmick and see him tumble down the card, or be that part timer who comes back every few months for a novelty match, with other part timers, like Lesnar or Cena, no need to cripple the guy, I'd take him having a bit of an injury if thats what it takes to finally get the belt off of him though, but with how rarely he performs thats quite unlikely.

Edited by Dauersack
  • Like 1

The male rumble and roman match were predictable yes, but it was fun overall, the female rumble was very different in a good way, but as stated before, they need to pull the trigger at mania to give Cody the titles, in a case where Roman wins again and gets an even bigger nuclear reaction from fans, it would make Cody look like a chode and a third time of finishing the story would be absurd at this point, and people would be tired, and lets be honest, even when there are many great talents like Gunther to keep challenging Roman, for how long could they keep that, and lets not even talk about the negative impact it would do to Cody.

A maybe, just maybe a theory that can happen based on previous manias is that rock is involved as host/special guest at mania, and he wrecks Roman, helping Cody win the title, and giving fans the dream match without titles next mania

Apparently Punk injured his triceps taking a DDT in the rumble. Could be out 4-6 months. Will miss Wrestlemania. 

All I have to say is: Good..Stay gone. Stay hurt.

Thats what, 2 triceps injuries, a broken foot. In a 3 yr window of his "epic return" and all these videos of him "working hard" to get in ring shape?

Ha!. HAHAHA!

Fuck CM Punk 

Edited by Infected Elite
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

Apparently Punk injured his triceps taking a DDT in the rumble. Could be out 4-6 months. Will miss Wrestlemania. 

Thats what, 2 triceps injuries, a broken foot. In a 3 yr window of his "epic return" and all these videos of him "working hard" to get in ring shape?

Ha!. HAHAHA!

Fuck CM Punk 

Music to Jungle Boy's ears

2 hours ago, Godo Fwar said:

Music to Jungle Boy's ears

possible but i can't stand him either lol 

Man fuck CM Punks promo. The dude talking about main event Mania 41 now. Some kiss ass cancer stuff to get cheers. Now what, come back for summerslam in a hero's so called welcome? win the rumble? probably. 

BUT

Not if Roman and Rock decide to hog the spotlight in a match nobody wants.

Also LOL @ McIntyre praying for Punk to get injured. Not many like Punk..2000s, ROH/WWE yes. Start of AEW, yes.. then he became the biggest bitch on the planet. 

Now what for WHC at Mania ? May as well have Priest cash in. 

Edited by Infected Elite
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Seth trying to sway Cody to face him. Obvs we getting Roman v Cody, but they need some kind of drama leading up to Mania since Roman never shows up like a bitch. Maybe he has some doctor appointments for his "issues".

If they didnt give us Cody v Roman 2 at Mania 40, theyd be brain dead. 

7 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

Ha!. HAHAHA!

Fuck CM Punk 

I know I should be above that, I shouldn't be happy about someone getting injured, but I am happy about it, can't help myself. Drew's promo was hilarious to me because I felt the exact same way, aside from me not praying for it but just thinking how nice it would be to not see a Wrestlemania spot wasted to this guy, at the expensive of a full time wrestler, he certainly didn't deserve a top spot, and now he doesn't have one, was away from the company for ten year only to realize in his return performance that he got old.

What I am absolutely not happy about is Nia "lardarse" Jax being in the picture for a Rhea Ripley match. I really hope that they get this crappy match up over with in a 4 minute toilet break match at the Elimination Chamber show, and find Rhea someone better for her Wrestlemania match, otherwise she'd likely go from having one of the best matches of the night last year to having the worst this year. Also just laughable how a 5 womens team is backing down from one obese woman, including the tag champs, including the Royal Rumble winner, and including one of the so called champions.

The show trying to sow doubt about Rhodes fighting Reigns is probably supposed to make it more interesting, but to me it comes off as mockery. We know they won't make him go for Rollins new title, that one is not finishing the story, he needs the big belt with all the history for that. Now mind you I would very much prefer Rhodes going for Rollins as to not have a recycled program at Wrestlemania, but I can't imagine this actually happening.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dauersack said:

I know I should be above that, I shouldn't be happy about someone getting injured, but I am happy about it, can't help myself. Drew's promo was hilarious to me because I felt the exact same way, aside from me not praying for it but just thinking how nice it would be to not see a Wrestlemania spot wasted to this guy, at the expensive of a full time wrestler, he certainly didn't deserve a top spot, and now he doesn't have one, was away from the company for ten year only to realize in his return performance that he got old.

i was a Punk fan when he was in WWE last going on his heel run..Not jobbing to the Shield. Then he left for good. Like Cody said (which was funny...) Punk left left. While everything he said, Cody did. Went to NJPW, ROH. Made a name for himself. 

I also laughed when Drew said he wished it. I was just smiling. It was great and im not a huge McIntyre fan. I just dont think he's that good. 

What I am absolutely not happy about is Nia "lardarse" Jax being in the picture for a Rhea Ripley match. I really hope that they get this crappy match up over with in a 4 minute toilet break match at the Elimination Chamber show, and find Rhea someone better for her Wrestlemania match, otherwise she'd likely go from having one of the best matches of the night last year to having the worst this year. Also just laughable how a 5 womens team is backing down from one obese woman, including the tag champs, including the Royal Rumble winner, and including one of the so called champions.

Apparently HHH is high on Nia. But to me shes only every been employed because shes related to the samoan "dynasty". Shes also fat as fuck. Not talented. You want a big girl whos talented? Piper Niven. She could easily replace Nia and do 10x a better job. What annoys me is if Becky beats Rhea at Mania. I want a 2 or 3 month feud between Rhea and Raquel (last man standing was good), and a dominant heel Shayna. Why is Shayna is a tag title with the ugliest woman on raw: Zoey Stark. Chubby cheeks! Fuckin squirrel. haha. 

The show trying to sow doubt about Rhodes fighting Reigns is probably supposed to make it more interesting, but to me it comes off as mockery. We know they won't make him go for Rollins new title, that one is not finishing the story, he needs the big belt with all the history for that. Now mind you I would very much prefer Rhodes going for Rollins as to not have a recycled program at Wrestlemania, but I can't imagine this actually happening.

Yeah i can see Cody still saying he wants Reigns because he wants the title that has eluded his family, the wwe title.  As for Seth and his WHC. He hasnt even been cleared for Mania and i feel like if he isnt, they have Damian cash in. Which whatever. Damian sucks too. Dude cant cut a promo without fumbling words.

Gunther has the best title reign going right now. Dominant. Winning. Defending. No interference. 600+ days. Gunther > Roman.

But yeah its gotta be Cody vs Roman 2. 

World title is a mess.

IC was supposed to be Gunther vs Brock and no way would Brock win that.. Brock IC champ and then disappear? never. Gunther would probably dominate him lol. But i guess its Steiner vs Gunther at Mania. (Breakker with two k's is such a fucking Vince thing to do)

If Seth is hurt, id say have Priest cash in, then Priest half of tag belts could go to JD... JD loses the tag belts. Priest flips. Judgment Day implodes. Nobody likes that group..Only Rhea matters there. lol.

CM Punk cut a good promo and there isn't any denying that. Drew's comment of 'I prayed for this and it happened' was hilarious. That said... not how I'd do it as it looks like he will remain a face and just not be on the shows. Imagine him targeting Seth at Mania or Cody post-Mania as a heel manager for someone. He can be angry at Seth for laughing at his misfortune during the rumble. He can claim that Seth coming out on the next Raw was again laughing at him and happy that Punk got to suffer. Who laughs last, laughs loudest however. Punk learned from the best in Paul Heyman, and as he can't fight Seth himself, he went out and got himself someone to do it for him. The 'next big thing', a real 'young buck', a stud, a generational talent, the man who is going to break Rollings back, knee, and anything else he feels like. Bron Breakker.

Why are people acting like the Nia thing is for Mania? It is clearly just for Elimination Chamber where Rhea can be a babyface in her home country against one of the few bigger women on the roster. @Infected Elite says Piper Niven is more talented and could fill the role? Sure, but an important aspect with Nia which keeps getting her booked (relation to the Rock does help too yes) is the fact that she actually has some level of heat. Being able to get a reaction is vital in wrestling. It is why years back I was all for that Eva Marie singles run where she had the announcer, because even if she wasn't all that good in the ring (even after more training), the crowds would boo the heck out of her as they felt she was so undeserving.

As for the heels retreating, again, what is the issue. Nia is a monster heel and they're going to attack her for what? To essentially defend Rhea? It also helped to showcase that while Bayley was willing to remain in the ring, the other heels all just left her in there by herself and didn't care.

The Seth thing is scary, but seems to be there just to kill time as they get Seth's WrestleMania plans in order. I imagine Cody will reject Seth's offer while highlighting that while Seth is a proud champion who wishes to take on the greatest challenges, Roman is instead all for Cody facing Seth, as Roman is scared of facing Cody again. All the things Seth said about the titles and Roman is something Cody can agree with, but be put up as reasons as to why he has to beat Roman and take the title away from him.

On 1/28/2024 at 6:32 AM, Infected Elite said:

I'll point out that you did not say what I said was wrong or a lie. So I simply informed him that if such a thing is what he'd prefer then there very much exists a show for him.

That sort of comment would work better if Tony Khan didn't often do open attacks. AEW reminds me of Xbox in that they're so toxic and aggressive, but the moment they get any pushback the morality claiming it is wrong to do such a thing comes out. Not specifically saying that is you, but I've seen a lot of this sort of thing. Now yes, I've been angry in the past like when they put that dreg Nick Gage on TV, but at this point, with them in the toilet, it is all just one big joke. The empty buildings at 10% capacity, the constant heatless match ups, the devaluing of all of their talent, the list just goes on. Recently I saw them promoting those CMLL luchadores for example and it just popped me. Look, these guys who can't work American style, lose every match, and don't get any promos or feuds are going to be around here and there. Incredible stuff. Shame about the younger talent they're hurting, but the talented and smart ones will get themselves to WWE.

I've chided you before on your hateful comments, but that comment and some others I think shows that this is one of those cases where these comments flow from you wishing you were Roman. I mean what is there not to love. Has the size, the look, can talk, 'the man' for ages, and been the main contributor of a new wrestling boom. Then you have on the personal level. Beloved and respected by everybody in the back. Married to a smoking hot woman for 10 years, has 5 kids, and gets to spend plenty of time at home together with them. All of this while getting paid the biggest of bucks. Don't hate the player, hate the game (not HHH).