The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

1 hour ago, SelectiveGamer said:

They're never going to fucking let Cody finish his story... are they?

This is getting fucking ridiculous and sickening at this point.

Sorry. Just how I feel. 🤬

The word is The Rock's match will be at Elimination Chamber in Australia. If so then there is no harm.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Rozalia1 said:

The word is The Rock's match will be at Elimination Chamber in Australia. If so then there is no harm.

Fanboy speaking here, it would be nice they do a cody vs roman vs the rock at wm, they can sell the match as "the past the present the future", just at the end to damian cash the MITB.

I think everybody is wondering how the hell are they gonna prepare and book everything, thats the fun part, not gonna lie

Really liking Oba Femi who just won the Breakout Tournament in NXT. Has size, does that awesome throw move, and has quite the voice and promo ability. I liked Booker T making a point of how exactly you're supposed to say Oba.

NXT had quite the impressive air action at New Year's Evil. Joaquin Wilde was the obvious one with the absolutely massive jump and nice job by the commentary making the point that the heels were all bunched up talking strategy because they thought they were safe from any dives due to their distance from the ring. Tiffany Stratton was another though with her moonsault as one of her feet didn't hit the ropes right, but she still managed to do it with one foot.

Kevin Dunn is finally gone. Surprising it took so long. Word is the whole announcer not having flourishes thing was a Dunn call and HHH's used it as reason to get rid of Dunn for overstepping his bounds. Only Bruce Pritchard is left when it comes to Vince's inner circle, but I think he'll be fine. Unlike the rest I don't recall hearing talk about Pritchard abusing his position and maliciously hurting people's positions.

Edited by Rozalia1

Also, can everyone agree that Jinder answer to hook was maybe one of the best publicity AEW gave WWE since WCW saying mankind won gold back at the day, i would love to see this story similar to the wyatt family when rock buried them and then they went for bigger things individually, but now with Jinder, it would be awesome that even when Jinder is defeated, i thing it would be great that he starts feuding with other people from the roster and keeping this SOAB attitude in general

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Don_Chipotle said:

Also, can everyone agree that Jinder answer to hook was maybe one of the best publicity AEW gave WWE since WCW saying mankind won gold back at the day, i would love to see this story similar to the wyatt family when rock buried them and then they went for bigger things individually, but now with Jinder, it would be awesome that even when Jinder is defeated, i thing it would be great that he starts feuding with other people from the roster and keeping this SOAB attitude in general

Put the promotion at the end for that extra bit of mocking of Khan too.

Tony Khan once again losing it online, looking bad, and promoting WWE/Jinder at the same time. Even AEW's defenders have been finding Khan's claims bizarre. Sure, Hook's record is a joke because he has largely beat nothing but no name jobbers, and some have said as such... but it ain't something really getting time out there. Jinder meanwhile? Plenty of people have mocked him getting a title shot, heck they mock the very fact he was a WWE champion to begin with. Yet Khan goes out there mad and acting like everyone has been against Hook and has had no issue with Jinder. The Observer is once again doing the defence that Khan is only pretending to be an idiot so he can have loads of people view his tweets and see the promotion for AEW in them and following them and... no. Why would a company's owner behaving like this cause someone to want to check them out? On the other hand I've seen plenty of people who have said that Khan puts them off AEW.

As for Jinder. Good on him. I've heard (don't know if true or not) that he only got his spot with the Rock due to Vinci getting concussed, resulting in them having more time to fill. This further support meanwhile has only happened due to Tony Khan being the fool that he is. A lot of good fortune coming his way. HHH being the booker should I think lead to good things for him too. I don't think HHH would have made Jinder champion, but as Jinder is indeed a former champion I think HHH will treat him seriously. A former WWE champion shouldn't be a joke after all.

Jinder actually winning the title would be another surprise on the level of his first win. Obviously not a straight up win, but a huge amount of interference is available to make it happen. Indus Sher could interfere as they're Jinder's heavies, but that alone would be flat. So Drew could interfere also as he has had his problems with Seth, and Jinder is a former stablemate of his. You could even justify CM Punk interfering on top of that. Damien Priest also has the briefcase so you can give Jinder the title and then put it on Priest right after.

Edited by Rozalia1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Rozalia1 said:

Put the promotion at the end for that extra bit of mocking of Khan too.

Tony Khan once again losing it online, looking bad, and promoting WWE/Jinder at the same time. Even AEW's defenders have been finding Khan's claims bizarre. Sure, Hook's record is a joke because he has largely beat nothing but no name jobbers, and some have said as such... but it ain't something really getting time out there. Jinder meanwhile? Plenty of people have mocked him getting a title shot, heck they mock the very fact he was a WWE champion to begin with. Yet Khan goes out there mad and acting like everyone has been against Hook and has had no issue with Jinder. The Observer is once again doing the defence that Khan is only pretending to be an idiot so he can have loads of people view his tweets and see the promotion for AEW in them and following them and... no. Why would a company's owner behaving like this cause someone to want to check them out? On the other hand I've seen plenty of people who have said that Khan puts them off AEW.

As for Jinder. Good on him. I've heard (don't know if true or not) that he only got his spot with the Rock due to Vinci getting concussed, resulting in them having more time to fill. This further support meanwhile has only happened due to Tony Khan being the fool that he is. A lot of good fortune coming his way. HHH being the booker should I think lead to good things for him too. I don't think HHH would have made Jinder champion, but as Jinder is indeed a former champion I think HHH will treat him seriously. A former WWE champion shouldn't be a joke after all.

Jinder actually winning the title would be another surprise on the level of his first win. Obviously not a straight up win, but a huge amount of interference is available to make it happen. Indus Sher could interfere as they're Jinder's heavies, but that alone would be flat. So Drew could interfere also as he has had his problems with Seth, and Jinder is a former stablemate of his. You could even justify CM Punk interfering on top of that. Damien Priest also has the briefcase so you can give Jinder the title and then put it on Priest right after.

Man road to WM looks amazing

Also, i wonder where Okada will go after his contract expires, the rumors are very heavy, and yes, both companies have pros and cons, but i consider if triple H can give some spot to Okada for a great match at wrestlemania, and a solid booking,  it would be amazing for everyone, maybe even doing what wwe knows best, and create an asian stable like they did with rey and friends, who knows, only thing i know i want is a match ina biog spot between Okada and Walter, so much power between those two

Just saw that Seth Rollins tore his MCL. Unpopular opinion but some of his title defenses were unnecessary. I feel like this could've been prevented. I know a lot people want his reign to be the complete opposite of Roman's but when you overwork your top champ, stuff like this is what's bound to happen. 

If WWE gets him then it'll be because Okada wanted the opportunity of competing at WrestleMania rather than because they offered the most money. I'm certain that being the massive mark that he is that Khan will exceed any offer (with perks on top) that WWE might offer. In terms of where Okada would be better off... hard to say. He ain't a Lucha guy so we can't be assured he'll be instantly rendered meaningless, but Khan is such a terrible mark booker that he might well have Okada milling about with Orange Cassidy doing very little for months.

As for WWE. He'll want to bulk up a bit because there is a reason Nakamura wears a bodysuit. When you're out there next to the Greek gods that are the typical WWE main eventers, you just look off with the physique they have. Nakamura and Gunther are indeed obvious choices... but I don't personally think they'd be correct ones. A win over Gunther would certainly be a big deal, but what matters most is how invested the people are in you as a personality, and I don't see that happening in a feud with Gunther. While it wouldn't be the big deal his fans are going to want, I think Okada would be better served being set up against lower down talents to begin with. He can destroy Akira Tozawa for according to him, embarrassing Japan and even worse, Okada himself. He can target Rey Mysterio when he returns because people say Rey is the greatest Luchador of all time, but Okada believes his mentor Ultimo Dragon is, after all he trained Okada so he must be. Also when I say destroy I mean destroy. I don't mean him having a 10-15 minute back and forth match like main eventers will have with even jobbers in AEW.

8 hours ago, Maxximum said:

Just saw that Seth Rollins tore his MCL. Unpopular opinion but some of his title defenses were unnecessary. I feel like this could've been prevented. I know a lot people want his reign to be the complete opposite of Roman's but when you overwork your top champ, stuff like this is what's bound to happen. 

I've actually heard the opposite. That for all the talk of Seth being a 'fighting champion', he hasn't actually been competing all that much. More than Roman obviously, but that isn't a notable feat.

They've said Seth will kick off Raw, but it could well just be a ploy and he won't be losing the title. If he is losing the title and they are dead set on Seth vs Punk at Mania, then the solution is for the title to be put on the line at the Rumble and for Punk to win it, which then allows Seth to challenge for it at Mania. If they're not dead set on it then just put it on Priest. It has already been shown that the money in the bank can be cashed in on a vacant championship with Becky and Asuka. Speaking of which... if it does happen twice then at some point they need to run the story of the money in the bank holder having no interest in cashing in and either by themselves, or using their stable, look to injure the champion to the point they have to vacant the championship.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

WWE Raw will be moving exclusively to Netflix in 2025 and also all WWE programming outside the US will be on Netflix starting in 2025.

https://www.wwe.com/amp/shows/raw/article/raw-netflix-tko-partnership-january-2025

Big blow to Peacock and their content.   That was one of its biggest entities. 

Edited by djb5f

So since Vince is still gone from creative (for now) and hopefully for good... I plan on watching 2024 Royal Rumble. Because there's really no excuse not to honestly.

So... here's my yearly thing I do for it. Where I give who I personally think will win and want to win the Rumble matches. It's just my own personal list. Feel free to make your own lol

Men:

Who I want to win: Cody Rhodes (yes I'm aware him winning two years in a row is probably something that not a lot of people want or think should happen and I get it. I do. But that's why this is just my own personal list lol)

Who I think will win: CM Punk 🤢

Women:

Who I want to win: idk honestly. If some rumors are true (big if) I would say Naomi, Sasha Banks or even Liv Morgan

Who I think will win: Becky Lynch or Bayley

Again though... just my own personal list lol

The Netflix news is massive, especially for those outside the US. What an asset hiring Nick Khan has been for the WWE.

As for Raw. They've been having good promo battles out there and the Cody-CM Punk one was nice too. A fun detail was Cody was essentially doing/following up that final AEW promo he did, but of course did it in such a way that you didn't need to know that. This is a thing that AEW misses constantly which is that you can reference stuff in the other company in such a way that it is a nice addition for those who know, and for those who don't they aren't left feeling ???

I've seen AEW fans remark that Punk is hypocritical or scared because it is WWE guys, for allowing all these shots and... no. Punk took similar comments that Hangman did from Eddie Kingston (heel at the time) and didn't have an issue. Eddie Kingston being a delusional/bitter heel who imagines all manner of slights meant that his attacks don't hurt Punk as a babyface and only sells his own heel character. With Hangman, who is a face, officially the top babyface at that, just going out there and aggressively framing Punk as a heel makes it different. The plan was CM Punk as the top babyface champion. He doesn't need a section of the audience believing in Hangman and seeing CM Punk as a heel. With Cody (and others) in WWE, the plan is most likely already set and will likely involve a heel turn for CM Punk, so any framing of Punk as a heel helps in the build up to the turn and doesn't detract from whatever the plan is.

As for the Rumble, I can't recall a build this good for it. Numerous possible worthy winners who'd make sense and you could see in one of the main events of WrestleMania. As before, I'm not exactly a fan of giving Punk one of those main events by having him win the Rumble. The recent Raw to me showed some new options which to me are much better. Gunther facing Seth and becoming a double champion, possibly even retiring the new World title straight away as he values the Intercontinental more would be something real special. With Punk? That allusion to The Rock he had in the promo made me think of them having a match and it would be a fantastic choice for the follow ups you could then do.

• Like 1

Its even for latin america the ten year deal, its huge considering the mess wwf/wwe rights of transmition have been in every country of latin america, with little goods and bads over the years.

Im really hyped for the rumble because there can be many results coming out of this, even knowing Roman will retain, the how is what its making this very interesting

• Like 1

Looking forward to the Rumble this Saturday. Some of my very biased thoughts:

Men's: Cody Rhodes is at the forefront for me, as it makes sense story-wise, but The Rock's involvement in the Bloodline situation makes me question things. I really hope CM Punk gets thrown out the moment he steps into the ring, but unfortunately for me, he has a real shot at this. My fantasy winners would be either Chad Gable or Drew McIntyre. Both men are in a good position to launch something great for themselves, but need a push. I loved Gable's run against Gunther, and I'm disappointed that things stalled somewhat for him after that.

Women's: Probably Becky Lynch. The build-up with Rhea points in this direction, and she's one of the few women who can convincingly take on Mami at this point. I hear people talk of Bayley for the top spot, but I personally think she lacks any kind of momentum right now to be a good Rumble winner. I know her win would inject some much-needed life into Damage Control when she chooses to turn on Iyo Sky, but it's a story with a lesser payoff. My wildcard winner would be Raquel Rodriguez. Not going to happen by any means, but I'd love to see her win. That woman needs more air time than she gets to develop her character, but so much potential. Plus, I want to see the Raquel/Rhea rivalry continue. 

Undisputed WWE Universal Champ: Roman Reigns will retain by cheating. It is what it is. He's not dropping the title in a Fatal 4-Way. 

US Champ: I don't like a part-timer holding the belt (ironic, considering Roman), so it would be great for KO to take this one. On the other hand, as much as I loath Logan Paul as a person, he makes a fun heel to hate. I won't cry if he retains. 

Hoping that Nick Mysterio will finally make an appearance 😁

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, papert0wng1rl said:

Women's: Probably Becky Lynch. The build-up with Rhea points in this direction, and she's one of the few women who can convincingly take on Mami at this point. I hear people talk of Bayley for the top spot, but I personally think she lacks any kind of momentum right now to be a good Rumble winner. I know her win would inject some much-needed life into Damage Control when she chooses to turn on Iyo Sky, but it's a story with a lesser payoff. My wildcard winner would be Raquel Rodriguez. Not going to happen by any means, but I'd love to see her win. That woman needs more air time than she gets to develop her character, but so much potential. Plus, I want to see the Raquel/Rhea rivalry continue.

From what I recall Raquel is out for quite a while as she got a health issue, so her being in the Rumble is unlikely. That said, the time out should benefit her because as you say, she needs some manner of character as Vince pretty much told her to smile all the time and left it at that for whatever reason.

Bayley is certainly a possible winner even if as you say, she doesn't have any momentum. Due to her being seen as one of the top women in the company she can very quickly become credible, and her winning allows them to have the second Woman's title match to also have a good story to it. We don't really need to worry about Rhea having a top match at Mania, but Iyo certainly is in doubt. Dakota Kai is going to be key I think as she can function as Iyo's manager.

Two other possible options are Naomi and Sasha Banks. Naomi is coming in, and might appear an unlikely winner, but they could always put her in the Bloodline to instantly make her more credible (though both champions being heels is an issue). Sasha is apparently going to AEW according to the dirt sheets, some aggressively stating it to the point that their credibility is going to get hurt badly if they're wrong, but if she has actually played Tony and signed with WWE then well, very possible she comes back and wins the Rumble. Story of her aiding Bayley is there.

• Like 1

Cody wins or not, he just better dethrone that part time bitch champ at Mania 40. Rollins defended the world title more in 9 months than this goof in 3 years. 

Mens pick who i want: Rhodes

who's most likely: Crybaby Phil (unless we get lucky and he gets hurt hahaha)

Who knows. Maybe Hogan has 1 more run in him brother. Him beating Roman would be fantastic. 

Rock vs Roman can wait. Do some shit where Rock is on a movie set, Roman shows up attacks..Something a bit different. Since Roman is supposedly going Hollywood (hahahahahahahahahahaha). Who knows. I have no interest in two part timers facing off. Especially for a title. 

Womens: Becky, tho winning chamber is more likely to get a match with Rhea at Mania. So outside pick: Bayley, or maybe..... ugh Cargill or Bianca. Cant stand either of those two.

Roman retains, Logan retains,

Hopefully when Priest does cash in one day he fails. That main event was shit. Hes not good.

As for netflix deal, they dont do live tv at the moment so theyll obviously update soon. Amazon does live tv. Idc that its on netflix. I'll still watch. 

• Like 1

A very valid point about Bayley: it certainly would result in a great storyline and second title match for the women's division at Mania. I just feel like they should develop that storyline over the course of the next two months to get us invested in Iyo's title reign. Launching the challenge at the Rumble would be too quick for me, but WWE often moves too quick for me 😝. I am certainly interested in Sasha's fate. She has either signed with AEW and fans are doing some creative wishful thinking, or a whole lotta people are bending backwards to make her return as unexpected as possible. If Sasha returns, she needs to win.

And while we are looking ahead, I can't wait to see Priest cash in, only to see the briefcase empty.  Ultimate long burn betrayal by JD from the time when he replaced the original briefcase with the purple one. I can dream. 

8 hours ago, sk_lp_him said:

If Sasha wants to be in the Big League she should go back to WWE. In AEW everybody looks worse than they were when working in WWE, just look at Edge.

Edge didn't even look good ever since he came back at the Rumble. 

So new report is claiming:

Part time Ego vs well, Part time Roman (there's something about Roman i openly make fun of)

Punk vs Rhodes (Unless hopefully Punk gets injured again hahaha)

Gunther wins rumble/beats Rollins. i guess. Would prefer it but he should hold IC title until Summerslam or something. 

Becky vs Rhea.

Bayley vs Iyo 

WWE once again changing plans to fabricate and prolong Romans title run until i guess netflix starts. 

Fuck Roman. Fuck Dwayne. Fuck Punk.

Another huge thing about the netflix deal is that WWE network will no longer exist and many of the content will go to Netflix depending if it isnt region locked for some weird reason, the app was a flop at latin america because many PPV dont have spanish options, and many of the content is in english only, also, people have a larger range of sports by joining Fox sports premium and unlocking the WWE PPVs.

I now see with nostalgia the wwe commercial where they use dubstep music and say the wwe app is the future, man, its amazing how life goes around, but from all this i think you cant say Vince and the executives at that time didnt try to expand WWE, i think brands and people are now totally in the same page that creating an original streaming app is not as easy at it sounds.