The Great Australian Trophy Hunt - Season 1

Ah man, equal last. I've set myself of at least one trophy/day this year though, which I have managed to maintain  :D

I think I need to target my backlog games next, about to wrap up Watch Dogs, hopefully will be getting Brutal Legend at some point this month too. Then punch through some Ratchet & Clank, then on to backlog.

Unless something else I really want to play comes up first hahaha.

Great job sorting through all the numbers Wayne, I know that stuff takes up a fair bit of time.

And it's official for this month I'm the top of the worst (bronze trophies ). My strategy is working :)

Thanks CJ, it took a while but I got there in the end. The remaining months won't take as long since I've put formulas in but I will still manually check Backlog games.

Well if that strategy works for you then why change, you have a massive backlog of games don't you? They should supply enough bronze trophies to keep getting points every month :P. Congratulations on getting the most number of bronzes though, it's still a great achievement for 1 month!

Shit i need to step up my game  xD

Well i know i will get 20 points this month cos im a badass  B)

Your backlog will provide plenty of points Gibbo, I still think that you'll be amongst the front runners of the competition come crunch time.

Thanks for the stats Wayne! :)

No problems Nogg! Congratulations on picking up a couple of points in January too.

Man. Had I not slacked off at the end of the month, I would have tied for 3rd place for Silver, Gold and Platinum. :rolleyes:

Ah that sucks Crest, I'm sure you'll be in with a chance to pick up a few points if you keep posting similar numbers to what you did in January.

Ah man, equal last. I've set myself of at least one trophy/day this year though, which I have managed to maintain  :D

Haha don't worry Texonidas, there are 22 of us with no points. I set myself a similar goal of approximately 500 trophies this year (1.37 trophies per day) which I'm kinda of on track to do, at the moment I have 46 trophies in 36 days. However, after seeing some of the numbers that the others posted I don't think that a trophy per day is going to be competitive with the front runners of the competition. I hope you achieve your goal of a trophy per day though :) . You can also compete with me to avoid last place in the competition xD .

• Like 4

What a great idea, Pity I only just found this thread. I'm not a big platinum hunter but I am a serious gamer, if you want to check my back log it's obvious that I buy more than I can handle. If you want to join me up as a super late comer, I'd be happy to compete.

What a great idea, Pity I only just found this thread. I'm not a big platinum hunter but I am a serious gamer, if you want to check my back log it's obvious that I buy more than I can handle. If you want to join me up as a super late comer, I'd be happy to compete.

Thanks for showing interest in the competition Z1MZUM but unfortunately I won't be accepting any more registrations for season 1. Keep an eye out towards the end of the year for details regarding season 2, if all goes well then I will be looking to slightly increase the number of participants for next time.

I wonder if I came close to any of those podiums?

Following on from this, any chance you could post the full earnings (# of each trophy + total) for every player every month going forward, Wayne? I think it'd be interesting to see how close some people were to earning points, how close some people are to each other and whatnot.

• Like 1

Following on from this, any chance you could post the full earnings (# of each trophy + total) for every player every month going forward, Wayne? I think it'd be interesting to see how close some people were to earning points, how close some people are to each other and whatnot.

Would be interesting to see, especially for those of us who are just making up the numbers down the tail of the field. I started a spreadsheet to track my month-to-month Statistics for the year, just for my own personal interest. I basically just have 13 columns, about 50 rows, and enter every stat that can change from the stats page. I wish I had taken a complete snapshot of my Dec 31 stats, but I just got my trophy totals. I was too late for the January segment, but I managed to reach my monthly goal at least with 91 trophies (2 Platinum, 12 Gold, 20 Silver, 47 Bronze).

• Like 2

Would be interesting to see, especially for those of us who are just making up the numbers down the tail of the field. I started a spreadsheet to track my month-to-month Statistics for the year, just for my own personal interest. I basically just have 13 columns, about 50 rows, and enter every stat that can change from the stats page. I wish I had taken a complete snapshot of my Dec 31 stats, but I just got my trophy totals. I was too late for the January segment, but I managed to reach my monthly goal at least with 91 trophies (2 Platinum, 12 Gold, 20 Silver, 47 Bronze).

I see you took 20 months off. Decided to take a break from gaming?

• Like 1

I see you took 20 months off. Decided to take a break from gaming?

Yes, that was a disappointing time for me. I was unemployed and living in an expensive rental property. My old 40GB Phat PS3 got the YLOD and I couldn't afford to have it fixed or replaced and, since I also gamed on PC, I just went back to playing that. Mostly Dota 2 and Path of Exile. It wasn't until my friend's PC died and he bought a PS4 that I got back into PlayStation.

• Like 1

By popular demand, here are the full stats for January. Please note that these are scoring trophies only, no trophies earned on January 1st are included in these totals.

Bronze Trophies:

cjshaitan - 242
Pineapple-Hero88 - 238
EpicNogg4 - 227
Drew-013 - 203
nathaniz100 - 182
Risky - 149
CrestfallenV - 135
Spider5786 - 132
Gobbo_0113 - 107
spazza136 - 94
AuzzieWingman - 79
Lightning_0608 - 66
MattyH16 - 64
Shemzi - 58
F1nal - 55
Super-Fly Spider-Guy - 54
Texonidas - 44
SaucySpinach - 43
damage_6-9 - 34
TheWayne-o - 30
Scoffinator - 24
black__bunny - 21
feral611 - 20
Ski-Skate - 0

Silver Trophies:

nathaniz100 - 84
Pineapple-Hero88 - 81
Drew-013 - 73
CrestfallenV - 65
EpicNogg4 - 54
cjshaitan - 42
MattyH16 - 42
Gobbo_0113 - 40
Spider5786 - 30
spazza136 - 29
F1nal - 25
Lightning_0608 - 23
Risky - 20
damage_6-9 - 19
Texonidas - 18
Scoffinator - 16
AuzzieWingman - 13
SaucySpinach - 10
TheWayne-o - 9
Shemzi - 9
feral611 - 8
Super-Fly Spider-Guy - 7
black__bunny - 5
Ski-Skate - 0

Gold Trophies:

Pineapple-Hero88 - 49
Risky - 31
nathaniz100 - 30
Drew-013 - 29
cjshaitan - 28
CrestfallenV - 27
Gobbo_0113 - 23
EpicNogg4 - 21
MattyH16 - 19
Scoffinator - 12
Spider5786 - 9
F1nal - 7
SaucySpinach - 6
Lightning_0608 - 6
TheWayne-o - 5
Super-Fly Spider-Guy - 5
spazza136 - 5
AuzzieWingman - 5
Shemzi - 4
damage_6-9 - 3
Texonidas - 3
black__bunny - 2
feral611 - 1
Ski-Skate - 0

Platinum Trophies:

Pineapple-Hero88 - 8
Drew-013 - 7
EpicNogg4 - 6
nathaniz100 - 6
Gobbo_0113 - 5
CrestfallenV - 5
cjshaitan - 4
MattyH16 - 3
SaucySpinach - 2
Spider5786 - 2
TheWayne-o - 1
Super-Fly Spider-Guy - 1
damage_6-9 - 1
Shemzi - 1
Lightning_0608 - 1
spazza136 - 1
Risky - 1
F1nal - 1
Scoffinator - 1
Ski-Skate - 0
feral611 - 0
black__bunny - 0
Texonidas - 0
AuzzieWingman - 0

Mirrors Edge Plat done. I'll take my 20 points and second place on the leaderboard now  :D

http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/187-most-recent-platinum/page-856#entry895725

My thoughts on the game ^^

Congratulations Gibbo! Assuming that the Mirror's Edge platinum remains Ultra Rare (I'm quite confident that it will :lol: ) you'll receive 20 points for your Backlog when I update the scores at the end of the month.

Good idea Crest, I will show a full update of trophies earned by all competitors each month going forward. I have also posted last month's totals above :) .

The numbers you quoted add up to 81 trophies but when I checked your statistics page, it shows 82 trophies for January which is strange... Maybe something to do timezones (i.e I'm viewing your profile from my timezone in which the trophy wouldn't have counted for January but shown up for February but in your timezone it would've counted as being earned in January)? I've seen a few people comment about this in a couple of other threads.

• Like 4

Great job Wayne, having all the numbers up is good for everyone.

Hope everyone still going strong, my progress has been severely slowed this month with this stupid distraction called work. My bronze title is definitely up for grabs

Yea me too. I've slowed right down to like a quarter of the pace i was at last month. I knew it'd happen though. Everyone fires out the gate like crazy and then die down.

Nice job on the stats Wayne.

Thanks everyone, it's good to know that you appreciate the stats that I'm putting up :) .

First backlog game down - Far Cry 4 complete! Plat AND 100%. It is an uncommon plat. Not gonna get me many points, but still. TROPHIES!!!!!

Congratulations on the Far Cry 4 platinum Lightning! You'll receive 9 points for your Backlog (assuming the platinum remains uncommon) when I post the next score update. At the end of the day, trophies are all that matter right?

Edited by TheWayne-o

Haha don't worry Texonidas, there are 22 of us with no points. I set myself a similar goal of approximately 500 trophies this year (1.37 trophies per day) which I'm kinda of on track to do, at the moment I have 46 trophies in 36 days. However, after seeing some of the numbers that the others posted I don't think that a trophy per day is going to be competitive with the front runners of the competition. I hope you achieve your goal of a trophy per day though :) . You can also compete with me to avoid last place in the competition xD .

Haha yeah it certainly seems like it's going to be that way.

Oh and just to be clear, I'm actually going for a streak, not an average. I'm aiming to get at least one trophy each day, not per day. Have had some close calls!

I'm planning on throwing a spanner into my own quest for trophies..

I'll be starting (And likely finishing) Firewatch this afternoon.

And I've then Vowed to myself... no more new games until my unearned Trophy count is down below 850.. Will put me further behind in the Backlog Challenges, but my incomplete games list is spiraling out of control.

Edited by Drew-013

I'm planning on throwing a spanner into my own quest for trophies..

I'll be starting (And likely finishing) Firewatch this afternoon.

And I've then Vowed to myself... no more new games until my unearned Trophy count is down below 850.. Will put me further behind in the Backlog Challenges, but my incomplete games list is spiraling out of control.

mmmmmmm ......... makes my 5000 odd unearned trophy count look a little embarrassing then  :S

• Like 1