Is it worth buying AC Unity?

Fran-1995-Pro

Unity is not a bad game. It's pretty average comparing to the best game of the series AC2, but it's not that bad by itself. It has a lack of diversity in gameplay and mostly poor story, but it has great visuals, enomorous number of sidemissions and pretty cool and big free DLC. And ofcourse it has really polished parcur mechanics, wich I liked the most. So now with all that patches, DLC and pricecut, I guess it's pretty much worth buying, especially if you are a fan of the series.

The game is worth, mostly in SP. I do not think you will be disappointed.

But if u have intentions to play co-op with friends/randoms keep yourself with patience, in most cases it is horrible, annoying, broken, awful glitchy and slow sessions - u may regret 4 that !

My advice, if u buy the game - finish the main story and side quests/missions, get most of the stuff needed 2 became a strong, skilled and powerful assassin then finally play all co-op + heists alone and secure.

Edited by Vynzen

its okay if you can get it cheap. I got it off EBGames web sale in february for $30 last year. its not without its faults but spending 30 wasnt a bad decision. I wouldnt spend 60 though. Patches were also out by that time as well. Story is very forgettable and main character sucks, but its an AC game. Play it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

After wrapping Syndicate up completely last night, and thoroughly enjoying the main story (I didn't think going with Jack the Ripper for the DLC was a good idea, even though in the AC Timeline he's mentioned as being an assassin), I can say without question the biggest accidentally entertaining part of the game was the glitches. I almost felt like I was playing Oblivion, and I was totally OK-a with it. I was able to separate that from the rest of the game play. 

That said, when I do finally get to Unity, I reeeeeeeeeeeeally hope I end up with situations like what the following video has going on. ?

• 2 years later...
16 minutes ago, Jason-DFG said:

After playing and loving AC Vallhalla i went on and bought AC Unity, i would say not worth it, just because of how easy npc's can swarm you and instakill you.

I've recently finished this game and never had that issue. Counter attack is so strong in these games.

Unity is a great game. I'd recommend it

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/14/2022 at 4:07 PM, wafflestomper810 said:

So far I absolutely hate this game.  Janky controls and bad programming are making this the worst experience for an AC game I have ever had.  Every criticism I have seen for this game seems to be well deserved.  Would not recommend. 

Oh my god, you're spot on with the janky controls... I swear there is so much about this game that involves bad planning.

Outside of the controls being wonky and a bit difficult sometimes I think my biggest pet peeve is the eagle vision being on a timer rather than what you're used to. It was the most frustrating thing for me especially at the beginning of the game because I came from playing Rogue where the game play was smooth and the eagle vision worked like it should to this monstrosity of a game.

Thankfully for me this game was free as part of the UBIsoft free games. 

On 10/30/2022 at 6:15 PM, kmosesltd said:

Oh my god, you're spot on with the janky controls... I swear there is so much about this game that involves bad planning.

Outside of the controls being wonky and a bit difficult sometimes I think my biggest pet peeve is the eagle vision being on a timer rather than what you're used to. It was the most frustrating thing for me especially at the beginning of the game because I came from playing Rogue where the game play was smooth and the eagle vision worked like it should to this monstrosity of a game.

Thankfully for me this game was free as part of the UBIsoft free games. 

I was in the same boat.  I had just finished Rogue and was pretty excited to start Unity to see where the story would go and it was just a huge letdown.  I also didn't understand the decision to limit the eagle vision.  Every other game let you keep it going as long as you wanted so you could plan accordingly, but not this one.

Great graphics. Alive city. No open world looks like it has crowds in it after that.

I welcomed not being god-tier fighter. Could be actually killed during fights.

Fights were always most boring part of previous games for me. 

Co-op was nice addiction when it worked.

DLC is free.

Game is cheap. Discs of this game are dirty cheap(like brand new sealed for ~10$) where I am from.

Years after release i haven't seen major bugs but early revievs look bad. 

Game had well executed theme, so bad story hurts everyone more. It is boring and with world/atmosphere that good it sticks out a lot.

Edited by WiktorM101

59 minutes ago, wafflestomper810 said:

I was in the same boat.  I had just finished Rogue and was pretty excited to start Unity to see where the story would go and it was just a huge letdown.  I also didn't understand the decision to limit the eagle vision.  Every other game let you keep it going as long as you wanted so you could plan accordingly, but not this one.

There was a lot of QoL things they took away in this game, the biggest being the eagle vision being on a time limit. A couple other things I noticed is that in previous versions and future ones, you could press R1 or R2 to see what objectives you needed to get in areas (ie. pressing R2 in Rogue showed you how many chests were left, how many shanty's, etc)

The story itself is great, I like the setting and where it plays but the controls being the worse and other QoL set it off big time and I can't wait to be done with it. 

23 hours ago, kmosesltd said:

There was a lot of QoL things they took away in this game, the biggest being the eagle vision being on a time limit. A couple other things I noticed is that in previous versions and future ones, you could press R1 or R2 to see what objectives you needed to get in areas (ie. pressing R2 in Rogue showed you how many chests were left, how many shanty's, etc)

The story itself is great, I like the setting and where it plays but the controls being the worse and other QoL set it off big time and I can't wait to be done with it. 

I can't wait to be finished also.  The collectibles really killed this for me.  It was so boring running around for all of them.  I don't like when games add garbage like this because it really takes you out of the story and I am one of those people that likes to take care of most or all of the side content before finishing the story.  These kinds of tasks always take away from it and then I have to remember what was going on when I do get back to it.

Love the Hobbes avatar by the way.

Edited by wafflestomper810

7 hours ago, wafflestomper810 said:

I can't wait to be finished also.  The collectibles really killed this for me.  It was so boring running around for all of them.  I don't like when games add garbage like this because it really takes you out of the story and I am one of those people that likes to take care of most or all of the side content before finishing the story.  These kinds of tasks always take away from it and then I have to remember what was going on when I do get back to it.

Love the Hobbes avatar by the way.

I absolutely hate the fact I cannot whistle in this game to bring the enemies to me, I have to use these stupid cherry bombs that don't even work, they just turn and look at the stupid cherry bombs. 

3 hours ago, kmosesltd said:

I absolutely hate the fact I cannot whistle in this game to bring the enemies to me, I have to use these stupid cherry bombs that don't even work, they just turn and look at the stupid cherry bombs. 

I was annoyed by that also.  I wished I could have blended into a really weak bush to take some enemies down.

• Like 1