190/191 glitch for those who started playing in November or later?

MightyStewbacca

Brief Background - I loved Fury Road and have been very excited to play this game when I have some time off in January, with the ultimate goal of getting the platinum. But i have read numerous stories of a few trophy-related glitches (190/191 scavenge locations being the most common) that you won't know you are dealing with until you are at the end of the 50 hours or so of play time. They also make it impossible to get the plat.

It appears from most of comments I have read, that the bugs are occurring for people people who started the game before the 1.04 patch (released 10/26/2015). Has anyone who started playing after that date run into the 190/191 issue?

I'm not sure if anyone knows exactly what causes it or when it happens. I've been trying to get an idea about how it happens to see if it is avoidable. I too have been wanting to play this game. From the literature I read it seems that the problem started being reported after the 1.03 patch. So I don't know whether to stop the download and play the original game offline, or to install the 1.04 and play. Really high risk for me since everything on my profile is 100% with the exception of DCUO. Would hate for that to be ruined over a very obtainable trophy that is just glitched. I would really like to hear from those who have recently obtained their platinum trophy and how they played the game in hopes I could replicate any special circumstances.

I'm not sure if anyone knows exactly what causes it or when it happens. I've been trying to get an idea about how it happens to see if it is avoidable. I too have been wanting to play this game. From the literature I read it seems that the problem started being reported after the 1.03 patch. So I don't know whether to stop the download and play the original game offline, or to install the 1.04 and play. Really high risk for me since everything on my profile is 100% with the exception of DCUO. Would hate for that to be ruined over a very obtainable trophy that is just glitched. I would really like to hear from those who have recently obtained their platinum trophy and how they played the game in hopes I could replicate any special circumstances.

It's by no means impossible those two just don't show on the map. Now It's been a month or two since I got the platinum but I'm pretty sure one of them is in Pink Eye's sanctuary (safe house, huge silos thing) once inside climb the scaffolding as far as you can and it will be on the top level on the floor next to a desk.

Another hidden area is at the very start of the game next to Chum's tanker, when you look at the map go to the leftmost portion of the small starting area (on the edge of the map, cliffs. don't know how to better describe it) there will be piece of metal you can shoot and pull with your car uncovering a hole in the ground. Go down there to collect.

Pretty sure you might find the locations online or on youtube.

Good luck

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

if scavenger locations are those little diamonds with hands in them then it says I've only done 7/191 when I've done waaaaaaay more than that... does that mean I'm screwed?

No. There are more than 191 Scavenging locations, there is 220+. This challenge is split into a few separate ones, all with different amounts of locations, the final one is to scavenge the remaining 191 locations. The only bug that can occur is the counter getting stuck at 190/191, and there is no way to know if your game will glitch until you are near the end, good luck.

Edited by T4NK_XVII

No. There are more than 191 Scavenging locations, there is 220+. This challenge is split into a few separate ones, all with different amounts of locations, the final one is to scavenge the remaining 191 locations. The only bug that can occur is the counter getting stuck at 190/191, and there is no way to know if your game will glitch until you are near the end, good luck.

yeah thanks... i've been to many different pages looking for challenge walkthrough/help stuff and saw that.. if it does indeed glitch... might just cry and move to a different game.. (knock on wood)

• 2 weeks later...

I started late December (with the latest current patch) and had no issues, like some have said, there are 2 locations within the strongholds and when you've fully upgraded each stronghold every scavenging location will appear on the map.

Also there are Wasteland Missions which have scrap you can loot as well although I dunno if they count towards it. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/1/2016 at 5:47 AM, T4NK_XVII said:

PHEEEEW, now I can sleep easy :D - just checked mine and it said 5/191 but the game stats said 51, so I'm hoping I'm still good, almost finished with Jeets Territory exept for some Scavenging locations and a few camps.

//WhiteWolf

• 1 month later...

Played it this july planning to platinum but got the 190/191 bug so yeah, people are still getting that. Before I knew about this I had at least 2 occasions where the "Completed" thing didn't pop up, but I could see I was finished by pressing L3. Might try deleting the game and reinstalling.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/27/2017 at 5:41 PM, NiceSnugget said:

Played it this july planning to platinum but got the 190/191 bug so yeah, people are still getting that. Before I knew about this I had at least 2 occasions where the "Completed" thing didn't pop up, but I could see I was finished by pressing L3. Might try deleting the game and reinstalling.

Im on my last trophy and think it was never glitched. Go to the big nothing and find the secret spots so as they have whats "Glitched on on you. Including hidden cars as well.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/25/2017 at 1:52 PM, jackhalu said:

Snackle - you posted it a month ago and you still dont have plat in mad max. Glitch?1f609.png

NOPE!  Absolutely no issue with it whatsoever.

Keeping the Platinum secured so I can build up to popping like 3 platinum in one day. Its a motivation thing.

Tekken 7

Mad Max

Rory McilRoys Golf

MGS TPP (PS3 version) PS4 version Platted.

In that order it would do me nicely.

Edited by snacklepuss

It's been confirmed on another trophy site that the bug occurs right as you die when you 100% an area and the game is saving. So yeah, basically don't die while collecting scrap. Also, there is a way for you to check your progress to see if you have the bug before putting in a huge amount of time and making back up saves just in case.

• 2 months later...

I got the Platinum last week. I was nervous that my game glitched/ bugged as well for the 190/191. But I have these Legend encounter tasks covering a ton of my Scavenging Locations, and one was smacked exactly over it. Check to see if you had the same problem as I. The scavenging locations that were effected by this were in Deep Friah's Territory.

• 3 weeks later...

I’ll be going back to try to finish the last 2 trophies next week. From what I understands, the hardest part of the glitch is finding the scavenging location missing. It’s on the map, just not mark, so you have to get lucky and find it while driving around.